What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tony Romo you are garbage... (1 Viewer)

Just another Romo sucks guy. I'm not a Cowboy fan but never understood the Romo hate. Guy seems to play better than average.

Just another Romo sucks guy. I'm not a Cowboy fan but never understood the Romo hate. Guy seems to play better than average.
Especially when it's all on the line. I think a good nickname for him would be Mr. Big Time, or RomoClutch, or Broadway Tony, or No Hat, All Cattle, something like that.

Bobbyn2022 said:
Seriously he's more frustrating to watch then any player ive ever owned. More then Spiller,Wilson,Ridley...Throw the $&@" ball to DEZ BRYANT u pile. Dez catches everything but he never throws it to him. U think anyone on the raiders roster can hang with DEZ?
:lmao: :lmao:

Now that I'm out of my turkey and stuffing coma this is even better.

As a redskins fan i dislike the cowgirls with a passion. But Romo has been a very good QB since hes been in the league. I think his numbers along put him in the top 5 during that time period of active qbs. And ive seen a stat where it puts him top 11 all time. The guy is good. And while he has had some high profile mistakes, he has been clutch for the most part. I think i saw a stat that he is the best 4th quarter QB in the league and has the most come backs? Having said that, he will not get his respect until he wins some big games and i think thats where the dislike comes from. I find it interesting that Peyton never had this hate, even when he was(still is?) one of the biggest post season chokers of all time.

It's going to be hard NOT to start him in playoffs

@CHI
vs GB
@WAS

It's goign to be a shootout in every game and nobody on those team can stop the pass

Spartans Rule said:
Bobbyn2022 said:
Romo sucks period. He's garbage he's Alex smith and Jamarcus status IMO
I like how he's comparable to both the starting QB for a 9-2 team and a guy who's out of football.
Romo being high on purple drank could explain all the choking.
is it just me or did Romo gain 60 pounds this week?
No, you're thinking about Selena Gomez.
You'd still hit it.

Selena Gomez, I mean. Not Tony Romo.
I'd hit anything with a pulse these days. But that's beside the point. Question is, what in God's name happened to Selena? I mean, seriously - I thought the settings on my tv were screwed up and actually started to fiddle around with it.

@CHI

vs GB

@WAS

It's goign to be a shootout in every game and nobody on those team can stop the pass
That's been the same justification for weeks. And he keeps coming up small in terms of fantasy production.

Bobbyn2022 said:
Seriously he's more frustrating to watch then any player ive ever owned. More then Spiller,Wilson,Ridley...Throw the $&@" ball to DEZ BRYANT u pile. Dez catches everything but he never throws it to him. U think anyone on the raiders roster can hang with DEZ?
:ptts: and :clyde: respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is when he chokes, he does it during the fantasy playoffs and puts up these massive duds when his team needs him to get into the playoffs. If he choked in the playoffs Romo wouldn't get as much crap as he does on these boards because he wouldn't be costing them money in fantasy football.

@CHI

vs GB

@WAS

I keep telling myself and starting him but truth is in history. He underperforms fantasy wise the tastier the matchup. I am done drinking the matchup Koolaid he has stopped throwing to Dez and is becoming fantasy liability at qb. Tempted to cut him so I can't fall into matchup trap and start him again

McGarnicle said:
Bobbyn2022 said:
Romo sucks period. He's garbage he's Alex smith and Jamarcus status IMO
Whoa, the double-down. He's not kidding you guys. He's so angry, he eschews punctuation and grammar.
And names. Who's Jamarcus Status?

Romo is garbage stop defending him. He might be the worst big game QB in the history if football. Dude chokes ever single time. I think Jamarcus would actually throw the ball to Dez. Don't even start with Alex and his record. Smith is lily his DST is legit and Charles is a hog. Any QB in the league would be 9-2 with that team.

I think most of u backing ROMO up are fans of the Giants,Eagles and Skins...LOL u guys live that he sucks so bad and never takes his team anywhere. U guys love when ur players pick him off. U love to see him choke. I get it...

gethugefast1 said:
I'd hit anything with a pulse these days. But that's beside the point. Question is, what in God's name happened to Selena? I mean, seriously - I thought the settings on my tv were screwed up and actually started to fiddle around with it.

WHat happened?

http://imgbox.com/adrGI657

Looks ok to me.Wow, she porked up

? ...3 months ago in Vancouver

http://static.entertainmentwise.com/photos/Image/2008selena2.jpg
Is my smarta$$ meter down???

Several us were laughing yesterday at general thinness and lack of shapeliness that little girl has.

I think the hate for him in the media and our local MMQBs here in the metroplex had been both bizarre and unjustified. I've hardly seen such a local athlete take the heat he does despite putting up stats that have him on an HOF trajectory.

- 5th all time QB rating

- Top 10 all time in a bunch of YPA, YPC, adjusted YPA and completion % ... Type stats

- Needs another 3-4 years to build up more yards and TDs, but his TD/INT ratio has always been good and 3500-4000 yards is a floor if he stays healthy.

- This year he led 5 comebacks (10th all time for a SS with 4 more games to go) and 19 career comebacks (23rd all-time).

Him and Shaun Alexander, Romo, Isaac Bruce (barely over Ward) and Jason Witten (considered a true top 3 going into drafts only 1-2 seasons but is 2nd all time in TE receptions and 3rd all time in TE Yards.

I've hardly seen such a local athlete take the heat he does despite putting up stats that have him on an HOF trajectory.
C'mon, don't even mention HOF with this guy, that's ridiculous!

QB's in the NFL right now I'd take over Romo:

Brees

Brady

Manning (both)

Rodgers

Ryan

Cam

Wilson

Big Ben

Stafford

Luck

Flacco

Bobbyn2022 said:
Romo is garbage stop defending him. He might be the worst big game QB in the history if football. Dude chokes ever single time. I think Jamarcus would actually throw the ball to Dez. Don't even start with Alex and his record. Smith is lily his DST is legit and Charles is a hog. Any QB in the league would be 9-2 with that team.
If football what?

Bobbyn2022 said:
do you have a newsletter? It is analysis like this that I could use to dominate my league. Forget Coach Otis and hello Coach Bobbyn2022 :roar:

I think the hate for him in the media and our local MMQBs here in the metroplex had been both bizarre and unjustified. I've hardly seen such a local athlete take the heat he does despite putting up stats that have him on an HOF trajectory.

- 5th all time QB rating

- Top 10 all time in a bunch of YPA, YPC, adjusted YPA and completion % ... Type stats

- Needs another 3-4 years to build up more yards and TDs, but his TD/INT ratio has always been good and 3500-4000 yards is a floor if he stays healthy.

- This year he led 5 comebacks (10th all time for a SS with 4 more games to go) and 19 career comebacks (23rd all-time).

Him and Shaun Alexander, Romo, Isaac Bruce (barely over Ward) and Jason Witten (considered a true top 3 going into drafts only 1-2 seasons but is 2nd all time in TE receptions and 3rd all time in TE Yards.
This person actually stumbled bassackward into an interesting point...given the pass-crazy era we're in, a lot of mediocre QBs are going to shatter the records set by legit HoFers from past eras. If Romo becomes someone that people argue with a straight face should be in the hall, it's going to quickly become about as relevant as the Rock 'n' Roll HoF. It's going to make for some interesting debate over the next decade or two as guys like Romo, Flacco, etc. become eligible.

Bobbyn2022 said:
do you have a newsletter? It is analysis like this that I could use to dominate my league. Forget Coach Otis and hello Coach Bobbyn2022 :roar:
On Thanksgiving I screamed at the TV several times "THROW IT TO TORREY SMITH YOU PILE" because I own Torrey Smith.

- 5th all time QB rating

This person actually stumbled bassackward into an interesting point...given the pass-crazy era we're in, a lot of mediocre QBs are going to shatter the records set by legit HoFers from past eras. If Romo becomes someone that people argue with a straight face should be in the hall, it's going to quickly become about as relevant as the Rock 'n' Roll HoF. It's going to make for some interesting debate over the next decade or two as guys like Romo, Flacco, etc. become eligible.
Stafford throws for 5k every year - perfect example of this, while he's good, a long way to go before entering HOF QB material.

Bobbyn2022 said:
I think most of u backing ROMO up are fans of the Giants,Eagles and Skins...LOL u guys live that he sucks so bad and never takes his team anywhere. U guys love when ur players pick him off. U love to see him choke. I get it...
Double posts in 3 mins.

:fishing:

- 5th all time QB rating

Stafford throws for 5k every year - perfect example of this, while he's good, a long way to go before entering HOF QB material.
Ill take stafford over romo anyday ateast he's smart enough to force the ball to Calvin. Stafford will give Calvin a chance. Romo targeted Dez 2 times in the blow out game against The saints. The 1 time he actually threw it to him in double coverage Dez made a 44 yard catch. In the game against the NYG he didn't throw the ball to DEZ till late in the 4th when DEZ made a ton of great catches to win the game. He waited all game to finally force the ball to Dez and what did Dez do he stepped up and made the catches. No wonder TO and DEZ yell at romo he's an idiot. Dude is flat out garbage.

- 5th all time QB rating

Ill take stafford over romo anyday ateast he's smart enough to force the ball to Calvin. Stafford will give Calvin a chance. Romo targeted Dez 2 times in the blow out game against The saints. The 1 time he actually threw it to him in double coverage Dez made a 44 yard catch. In the game against the NYG he didn't throw the ball to DEZ till late in the 4th when DEZ made a ton of great catches to win the game. He waited all game to finally force the ball to Dez and what did Dez do he stepped up and made the catches. No wonder TO and DEZ yell at romo he's an idiot. Dude is flat out garbage.
How come you don't like Romo dude?

- 5th all time QB rating

I'm with you Bobby. Dez is a great big time WR and he is being neglected by the garbage man. But the bigger question in this thread (no pun intended) is what in God's name happened to Selena Gomez? I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

Last edited:

- 5th all time QB rating

I'm with you Bobby. Dez is a great big time WR and he is being neglected by the garbage man. But the bigger question in this thread (no pun intended) is what in God's name happened to Selena Gomez? I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.
she was hot still is kinda prolly got tapped by JUSTIN BIEBER though. Don't get me wrong id hit it and quit it she's not garbage like romo is throw it to $&@% DEZ u pile. My mom said I cant date yet though lolz

How are you guys feeling about romo for the playoffs? I'm feeling VERY nervous.

Statistically he has good match ups against not too good pass defenses, but these 2 teams also have a worse rushing defense (except redskins) and I can see them sticking with the run since it seems to be equalling wins. As romo, and even dez, owners we can't afford another demarco Murray show

How are you guys feeling about romo for the playoffs? I'm feeling VERY nervous.

Statistically he has good match ups against not too good pass defenses, but these 2 teams also have a worse rushing defense (except redskins) and I can see them sticking with the run since it seems to be equalling wins. As romo, and even dez, owners we can't afford another demarco Murray show
are you kidding me he's garbage throw it to DEZ u pile

In all seriousness I'm going down with the ship at this point. It's either him or Gore for my flex and Gore hasn't exactly been lighting up the scoreboard lately. I got this far with Romo, gotta hope he doesn't kill me. I thought Harvin would make it a tough decision but that hasn't panned out.

If it was a 1 QB league and he was my starter, I would not feel confident at all. My other QB is Peyton.

:rolleyes: at the dude who has Peyton as his starting QB and worried about Romo's suckage as his flex. Some of us unlucky shmoes have to consider him at our starting QB for the fantasy playoffs. :censored:

Users who are viewing this thread