What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Too many injuries- drops versus not a full lineup. (1 Viewer)

greenmountaingoat

Footballguy
We run QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE- F-F- DST-K (full ppr):

Current starting lineup:
Rodgers
Mixon
Pierce
Terrace Marshall
Josh Reynolds
Tonyan
K Walker
D'Onta Foreman
Chiefs
No Kicker

Bench: Inj- Chase, Williams
Byes- Lamb, Diontae, Cowboys DST, Dak

TE- Waller QQQQ-

My options:
1. Leave K unfilled. I'm dug out of my 0-3, 2-4 start back to 4-4. Might be able to still squeak in if I can take the L or get lucky this week. I'm a pretty big underdog so damaging future weeks to get what could be 4 points from a kicker in a 153-98 loss would be really, really stinky.
2. If Waller drops the Q tag, put him in the lineup and drop Tonyan at the last minute to pick up a kicker. Hate this option because I think Tonyan is pretty good and if Waller's hammy is never right again, I'm going to wish I had Tonyan. Other TEs on the waiver rn are a step down for sure (in my mind).
3. Drop one of: Waller (if he never clears the Q tag) Chase, Williams, Dak, Cowboys DST. None of these guys are getting back to me.
4. Drop Foreman, pick up a K, put Waller in flex and hope for the best. Foreman's not fungible and I can't believe no one's biting.
5. Trade one of my RBs for a WR of equivalent value (been trying to do this for over a week, no one's biting). Allowing me to drop one of Marshall/Reynolds and keep all the better long term players. I hate having less than 4 RBs. The waiver wire stinks.

6 more weeks of regular season and I'm sitting in 5th with a marginal point lead on other 4-4 teams. Already dropped Njoku two weeks ago. Leaning toward option 1 or 2. Hating all of them lol.

Personal preference here, but if I were going to leave a position open, I'd rather drop the Chiefs and pick up a kicker. KC hasn't exactly been tearing it up this season. They are Defense #21 in my league for the year. You might get lucky but I feel like the odds are better that a kicker gets a couple field goals and a couple extra points, than KC having two good fantasy games in a row.

Personal preference here, but if I were going to leave a position open, I'd rather drop the Chiefs and pick up a kicker. KC hasn't exactly been tearing it up this season. They are Defense #21 in my league for the year. You might get lucky but I feel like the odds are better that a kicker gets a couple field goals and a couple extra points, than KC having two good fantasy games in a row.
That approach totally depends on the scoring system for defenses. In my leagues with D/ST the scoring is skewed that even a questionable D will outscore the K easily in 99% of the cases.

I have been doing the kicker dance a lot these last few weeks. I have been waiting to see how the morning games go and what my predicament is as to whether or not I pickup a kicker. I have won a game handily and didn't need the kicker.....been in a close game and picked up the Sunday night kicker to get me the win........and have been blown out so bad a kicker wouldn't matter and just let it float.

I would check kicker availability and drop abilty of my fringe players and if it works wait until after the morning/afternoon games on Sunday to see if I need a kicker or not.

Good point. In my league, KC's defense has less than 5 points in 4 out of 7 weeks. I'd probably think differently in a league like Gally is talking about

Thank you for the responses. I had a lightbulb go on for me. Traded Chase for Godwin. Aggressive owner having a bad year. It’s always psychological.

Users who are viewing this thread