What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 20 RB Rankings For The 2013 Season (1 Viewer)

To generous with the total yardage a rushing yardage. On average only 15 rb's will break 1000 yards, I do like most of the numbers used for the majority of the backs. I would add some receptions to Martin, McCoy, and Rice while taking away from Petterson, Bush, and Jackson. I am higher on Richardson, thinking his rushing total will go up and his receptions could go down.
20 is not too far off from the norm Also, these new helmet to helmet rules benefit the runners, I believe that will show more this year.
Also the reason that "only" 15 runners break 1,000 yards is mostly because a bunch of the other 17 starting RBs get injured during the season. A RB would only have to average 62 yards a game to break 1,000 - even the worst starting RBs in the league are capable of coming close to that.

I know when I do projections I don't factor in injuries, but when I rank the players I'd account for injury risk a bit.

To generous with the total yardage a rushing yardage. On average only 15 rb's will break 1000 yards, I do like most of the numbers used for the majority of the backs. I would add some receptions to Martin, McCoy, and Rice while taking away from Petterson, Bush, and Jackson. I am higher on Richardson, thinking his rushing total will go up and his receptions could go down.
20 is not too far off from the norm Also, these new helmet to helmet rules benefit the runners, I believe that will show more this year.
Also the reason that "only" 15 runners break 1,000 yards is mostly because a bunch of the other 17 starting RBs get injured during the season. A RB would only have to average 62 yards a game to break 1,000 - even the worst starting RBs in the league are capable of coming close to that.

I know when I do projections I don't factor in injuries, but when I rank the players I'd account for injury risk a bit.
A jist of how I do it, but I try to base it off projections, helps with reasoning and keeps some of the micro critics calmed down.

Another reason why Lynch is so high, this was one of the things hindering him, not any longer, no suspension for this fantasy season...

Marshawn Lynch's trial on his July 2012 DUI charges won't begin until December 27.
Your legal system at work. The odds are high that Lynch's case will never make it to trial, but he may not want to settle too early because of the specter of league discipline. Lynch will likely be facing a suspension when/if his case is settled. Punishment is highly unlikely to be handed down before next offseason.

A minor point but I think you're pretty far off on Chris Johnson's situation when you stated:

Tennessee did attempt to fix the line, but not by much.
Andy Levitre and Chance Warmack, by themselves, vastly improves their line.

Spike said:
A minor point but I think you're pretty far off on Chris Johnson's situation when you stated:

Tennessee did attempt to fix the line, but not by much.
Andy Levitre and Chance Warmack, by themselves, vastly improves their line.
It's an attempt, still does not think that fix the issues.

How did you arrive at your statistics? You didn't ever explain that.
Tough crowd.

I guess I used my football knowledge of past performance and current situation.

Ask Dodds how he does his, I'm sure u will get close to the same answer.
Oh sorry, I shouldn't be so tough. Great job, I think you nailed all of the projections give or take 5 yards. But seriously, you didn't break down any trends of RB performance over the last X number of years? You didn't use any statistics? Even likes averages or means?

How did you arrive at your statistics? You didn't ever explain that.
Tough crowd.

I guess I used my football knowledge of past performance and current situation.

Ask Dodds how he does his, I'm sure u will get close to the same answer.
Oh sorry, I shouldn't be so tough. Great job, I think you nailed all of the projections give or take 5 yards. But seriously, you didn't break down any trends of RB performance over the last X number of years? You didn't use any statistics? Even likes averages or means?
Does KFC give you their chicken recipe? ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread