What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 5 Movies You Don't Like As Much As Everybody Else Seems To (2 Viewers)

Fight Club - I want to vomit every time someone quotes “The first rule of X is that you don’t talk about X.”

Nightmare on Elm St. - Freddy has nothing on Jason. 

Shawshank would top my list in this category.   That's not to say I didn't like it; I just never understood why it makes so many GOAT lists.  

First 5 to come to mind - some are a whole franchise

Godfather series

The Shining

Saw series

It's a Wonderful Life

Pirates of the Caribbean series

I posted “The Princess Bride” in the overrated movie thread a few months ago, and I think I got more vitriol for that post than for anything that I’ve ever posted here.
was on the short list here for me as well, it's a steaming pile of mule turd   :X

Zow said:
Probably isn’t worth it for you to watch michael jordan play basketball, Griffey swing a bat, Walter Payton run, etc. either. 
Gimme some funny moments and I'll youtube it.

Two that came out at the same time that I just didn't "get" were No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood.  Didn't like either movie.

Don Quixote said:
I posted “The Princess Bride” in the overrated movie thread a few months ago, and I think I got more vitriol for that post than for anything that I’ve ever posted here.
Well deserved

Two that came out at the same time that I just didn't "get" were No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood.  Didn't like either movie.
Wow. Both those movies were some of the best movies to come out in years. Amazing writing, directing, and acting. Thanks for the reminder, it's time that I saw both again. Javier Bardem's character was one of the best portrayals of a psychopath EVER in a movie.

Ferris Buehler's Day Off

Fight Club

3 billboards Outside ####*hole Missouri

Being John Malkovich

every PT Anderson film except Boogie Nights

Big Lebowski - saw it in the theater, almost walked out. The other couple with us did, in fact, leave before the movie ended. 

No Country for Old Men

Anything with Martin Short

40 year old virgin

Wedding Crashers after the reception montage (just a crappy love story from that point on)

The Toby McGwire spiderman movies. I liked them when they first came out, but then I realized the guy has the exact same facial expression in every damn scene. It's mind blowing how little range that dude has. 

That being said, LOVE the Godfather movies as well as Shawshank, so there's that. 

I like unforgiven, but I definitely get the overrated sentiment...felt like more of a coronation for Eastwood with all the critical acclaim.
I wasn't wowed by it the first time, thought it was just good, but it's definitely grown on me over the years.

Agree with Lebowski.   Blues Brothers deserves mention.  Also Ace Ventura - Don't find Jim Carey funny at all.  Jeff Daniels carries Dumb and Dumber imo.

Spirited Away
Inception
Memento

Any old "classic" prior to actors actually knowing how to act.

Avatar was that way for me the first time I saw it and then I watched it with my kids in the last year and I enjoyed it much more than when I saw it in a theater. I'm actually looking forward to the sequels. An Avatar land at Disney seems a bit much, but the sequels should be cool.

I like unforgiven, but I definitely get the overrated sentiment...felt like more of a coronation for Eastwood with all the critical acclaim.
I can see why people don't like that movie as much, but it is one of my all time favorites.  It comes down to two scenes in that movie, and they are both near the end, so it is a long wait for the payoff.

When Eastwood and that kid they hired start talking about him killing a man, and then the hooker rides up and tells them about Freeman being killed and then Eastwood starts drinking.

Followed by when Eastwood rides in drunk and kills everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord of the Rings for me

And since I just saw it for the first time last night and thought it was a total bore, I'll add Dunkirk

Users who are viewing this thread