What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 5 Radiohead Songs (1 Viewer)

Happy Songs For Happy People?
I wish. It's like fifty bucks in only good condition on Discogs. It was not a favorite of most fans, but it's one of my top ones.  

Going either Rock Action or Mr. Beast.  

eta* Just checked again. It's only like thirty. That's doable, but anytime somebody rates the audio as "a bit noisy" it gives me pause. I just bought a "noisy" used Go-Go's record. It's unlistenable.  

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to sound weird, but they're one of my favorite bands and I don't know the names of a lot of my favorite songs.  I cut my teeth on RH listenting to CDs in a car that didn't have any display.  

I'm seeing them in a few weeks.  I anticipate that my thought at the start of every song will be "yes!  it's that one song I like!"

This is going to sound weird, but they're one of my favorite bands and I don't know the names of a lot of my favorite songs.  I cut my teeth on RH listenting to CDs in a car that didn't have any display.  

I'm seeing them in a few weeks.  I anticipate that my thought at the start of every song will be "yes!  it's that one song I like!"
Heh. Dude, I don't know if you remember, but I started a thread way back about stuff like this. About how we'd changed how we consume music, our listening habits with titles, etc. I think I asked if you could name all the songs off of your favorite album in order. Not many people said they could. I actually made a special effort to memorize the songs -- in order -- off of my favorite album of the past decade and I think I've got it: 

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires Of The City 

1) Obvious Bicycle 2) Unbelievers 3) Step 4) Diane Young 5) Don't Lie 6) Hannah Hunt 7) Everlasting Arms 8) Finger Back 9) Worship You 10) Ya Hey 11) Hudson 12) Young Lion 

Phew! Got it. 

That took about thirty times of looking at the labeling and memorizing. So it's not weird. 

On a side note, have fun at the show! That's awesome.  

HTF do you pick just five..? Ok, off the top of my head:

Reckoner

Videotape

How to Disappear Completely

Climbing Up The Walls

Pyramid Song

Fake Plastic Trees

Árboles de plástico falsos

Faux arbres en plastique

Falsche Plastikbäume

Alberi finti di plastica

I’d need the whole bends album. I love all their music, but like every band they change a little with time. I like the simplistic rock nature of that album. I like in rainbows as well, but that has a much more layered, complex scheme, the evolution of the band.  I like all their albums, but comparing those two you really see a difference. 

On a side note, the keyboard player in the band I’m in bought and restored the soundboard that Pablo honey was recorded on. Also Robert plants first solo album. So I’ve gotten to record on equipment that both Led Zeppelin and Radiohead sat at. Now, if only I could write good songs....

He works in a small studio for this guy, it’s just their two of them, it’s a video production company. Can’t remember the name of the company that made the board at the moment- the guy split off from nord and started his own company, then got sued and went out of business, so there aren’t very many. Anyway, it’s pretty neat to sit there at the faders and imagine Tom York or Robert plant at the same board. 

I am good at remembering the names of songs, but I was like when I saw them back in 2008.  Every song was a major winner.  Looking at the set list again of that show, it's borderline ridiculous:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2008/verizon-wireless-amphitheater-maryland-heights-mo-1bd6bd98.html

Today the list is...

Maquiladora

Let Down

A Wolf at thr Door

Lewis (mistreated)

True Love Waits (the one that starts with "This.  This is a brand new song that nobody's heard before).

& Nobody Does it Better cover (C.Simon).

Finally broke down and dropped the thirty+ quid on Radiohead's OK Computer OKNOTOK triple gatefold vinyl. Does it sound any different? Not too much, but it is noticeable and Polyethylene is worth it. Love that song.  

No haters allowed.  I am 4 gins deep and getting my Radiohead boner going for the show the wife and I are going to see tomorrow night.   I am in charge of making a 25 song max playlist for the ride down to Chicago, and I am working on that, but what does the FFA have for me??   

Since I posted this, I will have to have narrow this down even farther to 5 songs and post it in a bit.  
how was the show?  

i don’t think i’ve seen them since 2012.

1.  Just  

2.  Lucky

3.  You and Whose Army?

4.  Where I End and You Begin

5.  All I Need

how was the show?  

i don’t think i’ve seen them since 2012.
We both thought it was great.  Setlist wise, I would prefer more of balance, as it was the softer side of RH for the most part, but really liked stage setup and the performance.  

We hadn't seen them since 2003 when we saw them with you and Mrs. amnesiac and then in Milwaukee 2 days later during the Hail to the Thief tour.  

We both thought it was great.  Setlist wise, I would prefer more of balance, as it was the softer side of RH for the most part, but really liked stage setup and the performance.  

We hadn't seen them since 2003 when we saw them with you and Mrs. amnesiac and then in Milwaukee 2 days later during the Hail to the Thief tour.  
glad you had fun. 

they were really good last time i saw them.  

definitley more lite-rock.  lots of percussion. 

KarmaPolice said:

Was this the setlist?

If so, there's a lot of great songs on there, but yeah it does appear to meander into the slow lane a few times.

@-arcK- that is the show we were at.  Probably more accurate to say that it meandered out of the slow lane a few times ;) .   Still a fantastic show though.  
Ha!

Well I'd love to see that exact playlist, regardless.  I believe the last time I saw them was in 2003 at the Woodlands pavilion outside Houston. It seems they don't really tour the country anymore, instead just playing multiple shows in a few big cities. Bummer.

The good old days of going to concerts are definitely gone for me. In the 90s just about every big rock band passed through my area regularly but not anymore. One of my best memories was seeing Radiohead in a little club on the Bends tour and the ticket was only 4 bucks. :cry:

As an old man of 42, I can barely remember my childhood, yet I don't forget Thom Yorke saying something like "this is a song about a guy coming home and making love to his girlfriend" and then playing Black Star. The human brain is weird.

Arghhh, only 5? This is too tough.

Fake Plastic Trees

Street Spirit

Lucky

Idioteque

Creep (sentimental value)

I hate leaving out slower songs that I truly love like Like Spinning Plates,Pyramid Song, Sail to the Moon, Everything In Its Right Place, How to Disappear Completely etc.

Why?  I’m 45 and going to more concerts this year than I ever have. 
I'm 51 and still go to a ton of concerts (even in the pit of a lot of metal shows). Living in Houston, I'll make several drives to Austin (2.5 hours) or Dallas (4 hours). I don't fly to as many shows as I used to.

As much as I love live music, sometimes I think the thought of the show is actually better than the actual show. I remember driving a few months ago to see Slowdive. Long drive, huge crowd, I could barely see the band and lots of dopes caring more about the social scene than the actual band talking through the set. I questioned whether it was worth going. I do that a little more as I get older.

Anyway, back to Radiohead. One of my favorite all time shows was seeing them in the PIT on the Hail tour. I paid a lot for those tickets, but Tom was just inches away.  I used to see them at least once on every tour, but lost a bit of interest after In Rainbows. My last time seeing them was 2016 in Austin.

Why?  I’m 45 and going to more concerts this year than I ever have. 
Well I still go to concerts, but mainly the small-act club variety. I guess a better way of putting it is a lot of the older popular bands I want to see just don't go come to my area anymore. And of the few that do, they either aren't really the same band (Alice in Chains) or the tickets are scooped up by scalpers in milliseconds (Metallica, Marilyn Manson). If I'm being honest, when I say the good old days of concerts are behind me, what I really mean is:

Why won't Tool, Deftones, Radiohead, NIN, and Faith No More come visit me anymore?  :kicksrock:

My town used to be a stop for almost all the big heavy bands, but not so much the last 10 years or so. But I do have Grizzly Bear and Thee Oh Sees coming later this year.. looking forward to those shows.

Pretty sure @shuke is at this show tonight. Watching the periscope. Killer set list. Wolf at the Door and How to Disappear. Decks Dark first song of the encore.

I don't recall Spinning Plates out of Bends.  Did that happen?
I'm not sure. Periscope streams kept quitting so had to bounce around by that point of the show. Missed parts of songs. Maybe they just played a snippet?

I read there was an issue with 2+2. A hiccup or something? What happened?

I don't recall Spinning Plates out of Bends.  Did that happen?
Saw a setlist from one of the earlier shows that had a few songs in the encore listed on a single line separated by slashes, but they only played one of them.  Maybe just optional, they decide which one to play on the fly?

But wow, didn't watch any streams last night but that looks like a pretty amazing setlist.

Users who are viewing this thread