What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 5 Radiohead Songs (2 Viewers)

Saw a setlist from one of the earlier shows that had a few songs in the encore listed on a single line separated by slashes, but they only played one of them.  Maybe just optional, they decide which one to play on the fly?

But wow, didn't watch any streams last night but that looks like a pretty amazing setlist.
Right, they didn't play Spinning Plates.  The Bends was amazing, glad they chose it.  Entire final encore was incredible, really. There There was the highlight for me though.  Not my favorite song, but it just sounded so huge live.  Totally mesmerizing.  

Right, they didn't play Spinning Plates.  The Bends was amazing, glad they chose it.  Entire final encore was incredible, really. There There was the highlight for me though.  Not my favorite song, but it just sounded so huge live.  Totally mesmerizing.  
Dude were you there?  Are you back in town?

This was my first time seeing them, and for some reason I always imagined Thom to be a grumpy curmudgeon who takes himself too seriously.  Even from shows I've watched online I got that impression.  I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw last night.  The Karma Police crowd singalong to end the show was pretty cool.

This was my first time seeing them, and for some reason I always imagined Thom to be a grumpy curmudgeon who takes himself too seriously.  Even from shows I've watched online I got that impression.  I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw last night.  The Karma Police crowd singalong to end the show was pretty cool.
The singalong at the end was very unexpected and very cool.  

Bought tix but can’t go this weekend in Boston, after waiting years for them to come around. Killing me to read this Shuke/Bonzai banter.  :hot:  

Radiohead releases OK Computer sessions after being hacked for ransom

British rock band Radiohead have announced the release of hours of unheard material from the mid-1990s in response to ransom demands from unnamed hackers.

Last week cyber attackers stole archive material held by lead singer Thom Yorke and threatened to release it unless the band paid $150,000, according to a Facebook post from Radiohead. The recordings date from "around the time of OK Computer" -- Radiohead's third album released in 1997 -- the band said.

"So instead of complaining -- much -- or ignoring it, we're releasing all 18 hours on Bandcamp in aid of Extinction Rebellion," reads the post, referring to the UK-based climate protest organization which says it uses "non-violent civil disobedience to achieve radical change."

The material, which was stored on minidisk, will be available to download for $23 (£18) for the next 18 days, according to the post.

"Never intended for public consumption (though some clips did reach the cassette in the OK Computer reissue) it's only tangentially interesting," reads the post, which the band's PR firm says was written by lead guitarist and keyboardist Jonny Greenwood.

"And very, very long. Not a phone download. Rainy out, isn't it though?"

The band member also tweeted the statement which they had drafted in an email. Its subject line read, "Walter Sobchak vs Bunny's Toe," a reference to a plot line in the 1998 film The Big Lebowski.

The critically-acclaimed album was released in 1997 and won Best Alternative Music Album at the Grammy Awards in 1998.

In December 2018, Radiohead joined the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, forming part of the class of 2019 alongside Janet Jackson, the Cure, Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks, Roxy Music and the Zombies.

I was there. primarily for them (wife was there for stevie). sucked.
I wonder if they'll regret not playing some day. I get that they don't get worked up over industry accomplishments but this was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. I feel like they would have been top bill over Def Leppard had they played. Hell, on that note I feel like the Cure should have had top billing over DL. Or maybe I just don't think much of Def Leppard and I'm in the minority.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they'll regret not playing some day. I get that they don't get worked up over industry accomplishments but this was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. I feel like they would have been top bill over Def Leppard had they played. Hell, on that note I feel like the Cure should have had top billing over DL. Or maybe I just don't think much of Def Leppard and I'm in the minority.
Nah.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is trash, and while I get why many bands realize it a sham and yet still go for the sake of the fans, I applaud those like Radiohead who see it for what it is and refuse to succumb. 

sorry in advance- shameless muppet dad stuff...

11yo floppinho does School of Rock here in NYC- this term was Radiohead. He sang and was on drums for a handful of songs with other kids of varying ability and age (8-18) live at a couple clubs over the weekend (Bitter End, Drom). 

Myxomatosis

Bloom

Bangers and Mash

Sail to the Moon

Jigsaw Falling into Place

Give up the Ghost (w/ 8yo on guitar lead vocals... same girl also drums on Bangers and Mash)

I love radiohead.  Musical geniuses.  

This thread prompted me to listen to King of Limbs in the office today.  So great.  Staircase is still in my head.  Magnetic pull.  

Don't care if it hurts. 

I wanna have control. 

I want a perfect body. 

I want a perfect soul.

Band may hate it, but I think it's brilliant.

Nah.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is trash, and while I get why many bands realize it a sham and yet still go for the sake of the fans, I applaud those like Radiohead who see it for what it is and refuse to succumb. 
Right, I get that it's a political sham. But regarding the fans, that's where I feel they had a lost opportunity to play in a live environment, even briefly, for fans all across the world that otherwise have to resort to youtube. And yeah, while the rock hall of fame does suck, I still enjoy seeing the bands play a few songs.

Right, I get that it's a political sham. But regarding the fans, that's where I feel they had a lost opportunity to play in a live environment, even briefly, for fans all across the world that otherwise have to resort to youtube. And yeah, while the rock hall of fame does suck, I still enjoy seeing the bands play a few songs.
It's always nice to see bands you like playing live, but there is an endless wealth of live material on the internet. F Jann Wenner and the HOF. Even the name is annoying and suggests missing the point. Who cares about fame when the subject is art?

I don't know why everybody is hating on Def Leppard. They found that sweet spot between overproduced '80s metal and overproduced '80s pop, produced it some more, and wound up with an overproduced pop-rock sound for cliched masterpieces. 

I don't know why everybody is hating on Def Leppard. They found that sweet spot between overproduced '80s metal and overproduced '80s pop, produced it some more, and wound up with an overproduced pop-rock sound for cliched masterpieces. 
Ha!! Well I'll give them credit where credit is due... they figured out a path that worked out well for them. I just question why it's hall of fame worthy, but as others have pointed out the whole process is junk anyway, so it's a debate that is never resolved.

Anyway, back on track. Today I'm going with:

-reckoner

-climbing up the walls

-planet telex

-how to disappear completely

-codex

Ha!! Well I'll give them credit where credit is due... they figured out a path that worked out well for them. I just question why it's hall of fame worthy, but as others have pointed out the whole process is junk anyway, so it's a debate that is never resolved.
Oh, I was totally kidding, hence the adjectival description. Heh.

Oh, I was totally kidding, hence the adjectival description. Heh.
Oh absolutely, I picked up on that with all the overproduced references :D

But they do have their fans... they even made Shuke's top 1012 songs, as you know since you're following along in his thread. I saw it in his list but I didn't see if anyone gave him any crap over it.

General Malaise said:
lolz....maybe Radiohead was offended at the inclusion at the same time as a garbage band like DL.
Lol indeed...
fwiw... from the concerts thread- they didn't understand what it was and didn't care because british versions of these kind of things are ####-shows. 

On 2/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, El Floppo said:

On 2/11/2019 at 2:04 PM, Apple Jack said:

Sorry man. Maybe he'll change his mind.
news reports describe a british cultural :confused:  from the band about the thing, and a general dislike of british version of awards shows. yorke also mentioned that he's premiering the classical piece he's been working on in paris a few days after the ceremony that will need his attention (because rock stars flying on planes to get to and from gigs is unheard of).

maybe neil young and eddie vedder can do the music of radiohead instead- aren't they like a house band for that?

btw... 

Meanwhile, Yorke's track "Suspirium" has been short-listed for a best original song nod at this year's Oscars – and, this time, he seems far more interested. “I mean, I hope it gets nominated," Yorke noted. "That would be great, because it was a year and a half in my life, and I worked bloody hard on it. So, you know, sometimes it's nice to be recognized. Sometimes, if you understand what it means."

sure- a year and a half is a long time compared to a career thus far. like how he threw in that last sentence. because the RnR hall of fame is incredibly difficult to comprehend... for a guy who put's out the most simple pop tunes. 

Not that I listen to Def Leppard that much, but they rocked pretty hard on their first few albums.  I know some hate when a band alters their sound to appeal to the masses, like they did with Hysteria, but it is hard to argue with their success.  There are far worse 80's bands that they could have inducted. 

No haters allowed.  I am 4 gins deep and getting my Radiohead boner going for the show the wife and I are going to see tomorrow night.   I am in charge of making a 25 song max playlist for the ride down to Chicago, and I am working on that, but what does the FFA have for me??   

Since I posted this, I will have to have narrow this down even farther to 5 songs and post it in a bit.  
In no order: Creep, High and Dry, Fake Plastic Trees, The Bends, Exit Music, 

The music snob music director for my kids school o rock picked none of those for the kids to play. I could see giving Creep a rest, but come on!
Creep would not have been good lol.- can you imagine kids singing that?  

Users who are viewing this thread