What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top drafted RB's next year? (1 Viewer)

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
Insert Turner or SJax in that slot.
WHY?......they didn't earn it this year and nothing says they will.......true SJax is a warrior and was only ten points back of Gore (through sixteen weeks in ppr leagues), but he will STILL be on a crappy team next year. You think Turner (with injury concerns of his own) is going to be 100 points better next year? or that Rice or the others will score significantly less next year?......again WHY?

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
WHY?......they didn't earn it this year and nothing says they will.......true SJax is a warrior and was only ten points back of Gore (through sixteen weeks in ppr leagues), but he will STILL be on a crappy team next year. You think Turner (with injury concerns of his own) is going to be 100 points better next year? or that Rice or the others will score significantly less next year?......again WHY?
Simple .. I see much less risk in workhorse backs who have proven in past they can carry the load . Im not sure what mcgahee's situation is but if he is on the team that does not bode well for rice . I know many will disagree with my selection of those 2 but its all prefferences.

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
APCJ

MJD

GORE

TURNER

JACKSON

RICE

MENDENHALL

GRANT

insert a Panther here

CHARLES

HARRISON

FORTE

LT

R BROWN (if healthy)

a Redskin if Shanny is there maybe 1 of 5 different Skins with Shanny.

MBIII

P THOMAS

CADDY

ADDAI

Non ppr league, (thats what I play in) Obviously there are differences of opinion on each players slotting, but someone has to move up and some has to move down, it happens every year. I think Forte will bouce back once Cut becomes move comfortable for example. Just throwig i out there for discussion.

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
I agree with Ray Rice, but disagree with your points. Steven Jackson was on an awful team this year, the worst in the league. Yet he produced over 1,400 rushing yards and 1,700 yards from scrimmage. If anyone can produce on a bad team, he's proven he can. Injury concerns with him are valid, but don't think he hasn't played well while the Rams lost. If he repeats his numbers from this year, I'd be completely content with him on my team especially in PPR.

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
APCJ

MJD

GORE

TURNER

JACKSON

RICE

MENDENHALL

GRANT

insert a Panther here

CHARLES

HARRISON

FORTE

LT

R BROWN (if healthy)

MBIII

P THOMAS

CADDY

ADDAI

Non ppr league, (thats what I play in) Obviously there are differences of opinion on each players slotting, but someone has to move up and some has to move down, it happens every year. I think Forte will bouce back once Cut becomes move comfortable for example. Just throwig i out there for discussion.
Interesting that you mention the likes of Harrison, Forte, Thomas, Caddy, and Addai ahead of Cedric Benson... Did you forget him or do you really think he drops out of the conversation?

Chris JohnsonAdrian PetersonMJDRay RiceFrank Gore
How I'd rank the above mentioned rbs.A.PetersonC.JohnsonM.Jones DrewR.RiceF.GoreA.Peterson's offense gave him the nod over C.Johnson. Pick 3 will be a nice pick to have next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
APCJ

MJD

GORE

TURNER

JACKSON

RICE

MENDENHALL

GRANT

insert a Panther here

CHARLES

HARRISON

FORTE

LT

R BROWN (if healthy)

MBIII

P THOMAS

CADDY

ADDAI

I'd put Beanie ahead of a few of these guys. Benson needs to be in here too.

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
I agree with Ray Rice, but disagree with your points. Steven Jackson was on an awful team this year, the worst in the league. Yet he produced over 1,400 rushing yards and 1,700 yards from scrimmage. If anyone can produce on a bad team, he's proven he can. Injury concerns with him are valid, but don't think he hasn't played well while the Rams lost. If he repeats his numbers from this year, I'd be completely content with him on my team especially in PPR.
The Rams invested alot in the O Line this year and it really didn't payoff due to injury. Next year they will have Smith in his 2nd year, Bell and Brown back and best of all Alex Barron will be gone. Assuming SJax is healthy next year I think he is a top 5 back but who knows if he will ever be healthy again of if the back is the start of the end.

This is a good thread... here is some 2010 Free Agent RB info to add to the conversation, FWIW. Lots of damaged goods and question marks...

PT has some intrigue, as does Jerome Harrison given his December performance ;)

Ronnie Brown, Miami Dolphins (28) – Restricted FA

Pierre Thomas, New Orleans Saints (25) – Restricted FA

Cadillac Williams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (28)

Darren Sproles, San Diego Chargers (27)

Mike Bell, New Orleans Saints (27)

LenDale White, Tennessee Titans (25)

Leon Washington, New York Jets (28)

Jerious Norwood, Atlanta Falcons (27)

Chester Taylor, Minnesota Vikings (30)

Willie Parker, Pittsburgh Steelers (29)

Kenneth Darby, St. Louis Rams (27)

Kevin Faulk, New England Patriots (34)

Jerome Harrison, Cleveland Browns (27)

Le’Ron McClain, Baltimore Ravens (25) – Restricted FA

Adrian Peterson, Chicago Bears (31)

Kolby Smith, Kansas City Chiefs (25) – Restricted FA

Jason Snelling, Atlanta Falcons (26) – Restricted FA

DeShawn Wynn, Green Bay Packers (26) – Restricted FA

Justin Griffith, Seattle Seahawks (30) – Fullback

John Kuhn, Green Bay Packers (27) – Fullback

Tony Richardson, New York Jets (38) – Fullback

Naufahu Tahi, Minnesota Vikings (28) – Fullback

Mike Tolbert, San Diego Chargers (24) – Fullback – Exclusive Rights FA

Leonard Weaver, Philadelphia Eagles (27) – Fullback

Something to consider before cementing Chris Johnson as the No. 1 pick:

He averaged 4.32 YPC over the last 5 games. Good, but he won't be getting almost 30 carries per game either.

Hopefully, the Titans will limit his touches to 25 or so per game and his number will go back up. But it won't be over 6 on running plays in 2010. At least that's my opinion.

Something to consider before cementing Chris Johnson as the No. 1 pick:He averaged 4.32 YPC over the last 5 games. Good, but he won't be getting almost 30 carries per game either. Hopefully, the Titans will limit his touches to 25 or so per game and his number will go back up. But it won't be over 6 on running plays in 2010. At least that's my opinion.
Something even more important is Mawae and Amano are free agents and won't be back on the line.

Chris JohnsonAdrian PetersonMJDRay RiceFrank Gore
How I'd rank the above mentioned rbs.A.PetersonC.JohnsonM.Jones DrewR.RiceF.GoreA.Peterson's offense gave him the nod over C.Johnson. Pick 3 will be a nice pick to have next year.
I think if Favre is gone then Peterson is #1. If Brett comes back Peterson falls behind Johnson. With Favre in there they are a pass first team.My sleeper next year is Marshawn Lynch. He never got on track this year after being suspended but I think he turns it around next year. I just don't see Fred Jackson as being an every down back.

I went qb, wr in my draft this year and had to trade to get any sort of quality at rb. I managed to trade for Addai and if we're talking about fantasy running back's he had a very good season. I know that because the Colts are a passing offence he often is disregarded but he was extremely consistent after I picked him up and I'd take him again. I know that Donald Brown is expected to have a bigger impact next year and Addai has been prone to injuries but he's a big part of the passing attack and even when he didn't have a big game in terms of rushing yards he threw for a td or caught a td pass, here's his fantasy points week by week in my league, non ppr:

1: 13

2: 3

3: 12

4: 15

5: 13

6: BYE

7: 12

8: 10

9: 22

10: 18

11: 13

12: 7

13: 20

14: 10

15: 6

16: 10

17: 0 (Didn't Play)

Something to consider before cementing Chris Johnson as the No. 1 pick:He averaged 4.32 YPC over the last 5 games. Good, but he won't be getting almost 30 carries per game either. Hopefully, the Titans will limit his touches to 25 or so per game and his number will go back up. But it won't be over 6 on running plays in 2010. At least that's my opinion.
Something even more important is Mawae and Amano are free agents and won't be back on the line.
I'd attribute the lower YPC to the Titans force feeding him the ball to try to get him the record (or at least over 2000). Defenses knew he was getting the ball more than usual. I think you can expect a game plan next year from the Titans more akin to what they called in weeks 8-14.Granted, if they lose Mawae and Amano, he won't be as productive as he was this year. Also, I don't think anyone can expect or project him to bust as many long ones as he did this year, so that will inherently drop his YPC next year.

Adrian Peterson would've loved to average 4.3 ypc over his last 5 games. His numbers were 84-299 for a 3.56 ypc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
Insert Turner :pickle: or SJax in that slot.
J. Harrison or Mendenhall or Ryan 'steady producer' Grant.Turner needs to clear the injury bug..
I'm curious why people think Turner is injury prone. He's had two seasons as the lead back and has had a sprained ankle. I realize he was useless for FF purposed the last 6 games, but high ankle sprains happen all the time. Not calling you out in particular because I've seen it posted elsewhere. Just curious why he's getting this label?

The Captain said:
Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
Insert Turner :bag: or SJax in that slot.
J. Harrison or Mendenhall or Ryan 'steady producer' Grant.Turner needs to clear the injury bug..
I'm curious why people think Turner is injury prone. He's had two seasons as the lead back and has had a sprained ankle. I realize he was useless for FF purposed the last 6 games, but high ankle sprains happen all the time. Not calling you out in particular because I've seen it posted elsewhere. Just curious why he's getting this label?
Agreed. He doesn't have a "bug". :)

1. ray rice

2. mjd

3. cj

4. ap

5. sjax

then a large gulf till we get to the next guys ill be happy getting any of these guys and wont be drafting an rb rd 1 if i cant get one

The Captain said:
Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
Insert Turner :thumbup: or SJax in that slot.
because people are looking for any excuse they can to downgrade him, since they missed the boat on him or didn't believe in him to start with.

I play PPR, so my rankings are as such:

1) Ray Rice - He was the most consistant RB in ppr this year with McGhee stealing an amazing amount of TDs. Even if McGahee stays it's hard to believe Rice's TD total won't improve, which makes him the safest RB to draft. The Ravens as team are headed in the right direction for next season as well. And Rice ranked 2nd overall in my PPR league this year, so ranking him #1 in ppr is not a huge jump.

2) CJ - A slow start, but finished with one of the most impressive stretches of all time. There's a lot to like here, but will Vince Young continue to play at the level he finished the season? A great RB, but expect him to come back to Earth just a little bit.

3) MJD - If he weren't on the Jags, then I'd have him #1, but he is. His talent and pass catching ability makes up for a lot, but when the team as a whole just doesn't score some weeks its hard for anyone to put up great numbers. It doens't look like the Jags will mount a turn around next year, but if their O-line ever does get back on track, then MJD could challenge the the likes of LTs magical fantasy season a few years back. But I just don't see that happening in 2010.

4) AP - He has remained unexpectedly healthy thus far in his NFL careeer. That should be a plus for him, but you have to wonder with his running style how much longer he can avoid injury? Still, he's a better option than the next few RBs because he has at least proved durable to this point. Not much seperating the top 4 here, but AP is the biggest wildcard heading into next season. I just have a strange feeling his run of health doesn't continue.

5a) SJ - Now here's a guy who really suffer from bad team syndrome. Durability is also an issue with him, but he's got all the talent and pass catching ability PPR owners dream off. Perhaps the Rams add another win or two next season, helping his cause just a smidge.

5b) Gore - When healthy he's been one of PPRs best two season in a row. Problem is he hasn't finished a season since too long to remember. You'd think odds are he has to finish a season sooner or later, hehe. SF seems sortie headed in the right direction. If he gets out to another quick start you could always try to trade him for one of the guys above on this list. Of course, if you do trade him he'll finish No. 1 overall, and set some kind of record, but that's just the fantasy gods burning you with their magnifine glass of fantasy doom.

The Captain said:
Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
Insert Turner :no: or SJax in that slot.
because people are looking for any excuse they can to downgrade him, since they missed the boat on him or didn't believe in him to start with.
Or maybe it has to do with the fact that he has carried the load for exactly 1 season and will be 28 in about a month. :goodposting:

[

J. Harrison or Mendenhall or Ryan 'steady producer' Grant.

Turner needs to clear the injury bug..

I'm curious why people think Turner is injury prone. He's had two seasons as the lead back and has had a sprained ankle. I realize he was useless for FF purposed the last 6 games, but high ankle sprains happen all the time.

Not calling you out in particular because I've seen it posted elsewhere. Just curious why he's getting this label?

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that he has carried the load for exactly 1 season and will be 28 in about a month. :kicksrock:

doubting him because he's only done it for 26 games is vastly different than labeling him injury prone or whatever it was.

Okay, here is my top ten

ADP

Turner

MJD

J Stewart

Chris Johnson

Beannie Wells

DeAngelo Williams (new team)

Rice

Moreno

S. Jackson

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore
APCJ

MJD

GORE

TURNER

JACKSON

RICE

MENDENHALL

GRANT

insert a Panther here

CHARLES

HARRISON

FORTE

LT

R BROWN (if healthy)

MBIII

P THOMAS

CADDY

ADDAI

I'd put Beanie ahead of a few of these guys. Benson needs to be in here too.
I'd put both Beanie and Benson ahead of quite a few of these guys and Moreno ahead of a few.

Users who are viewing this thread