What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top Free Agents available (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
from Len P over at ESPN

1. C LeCharles Bentley

2. RB Edgerrin James

3. LB Will Witherspoon

4. LB Julian Peterson

5. QB Drew Brees

6. DE Aaron Kampman

7. PK Adam Vinatieri

8. DT Maake Kemoeatu

9. WR David Givens

10. DT Ryan Pickett

11. LB/DE Willie McGinest

12. OT Jon Runyan

13. PK Mike Vanderjagt

14. DT Gerard Warren

15. DE Anthony Weaver

16. WR Antwaan Randle El

17. CB Charles Woodson

18. DT Rocky Bernard

19. FS Chris Hope

20. DE/LB Andre Carter

21. RB Jamal Lewis

22. LB David Thornton

23. QB Josh McCown

24. DT Sam Adams

25. OG Stephen Neal

26. OT Kevin Shaffer

27. SS Adam Archuleta

28. PK Ryan Longwell

29. CB Deshea Townsend

30. WR Antonio Bryant

31. OT Jason Fabini

32. CB Sam Madison (signed with Giants)

33. CB Eric Warfield

34. DE Trevor Pryce

35. DT Larry Triplett

36. WR Isaac Bruce (re-signed with Rams)

37. DE Brett Keisel

38. OT Tom Ashworth

39. WR Koren Robinson

40. RB Chester Taylor

41. SS Corey Chavous

42. WR Joe Jurevicius

43. QB Jon Kitna

44. C Justin Hartwig

45. TE Jeb Putzier

46. SS Marlon McCree

47. CB Ty Law

48. DE Kalimba Edwards

49. DE Lance Johnstone

50. C Kevin Mawae

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2360759

He also lists some free agent sleepers:

1. C Trey Teague

2. DT Kendrick Clancy

3. OG Kyle Kosier

4. LB Ben Leber

5. P Jason Baker

6. LB Keith Adams

7. FS Marquand Manuel

8. LB Scott Fujita

9. TE Matt Schobel

10. RB Michael Bennett

11. WR Jabar Gaffney

12. LB Bart Scott

13. DE Demetric Evans

14. QB Tommy Maddox

15. CB Fakhir Brown

16. OG Kevin Barry

17. LB Nick Greisen

18. CB Kenny Wright

19. RB Najeh Davenport

20. KR Eddie Drummond

21. OG Milford Brown

22. WR Tim Carter

23. TE Chris Baker

24. SS Will Demps

25. WR Brian Finneran

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2360775

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even sure if I'd call Demps and Scott as "sleepers".

Seems like both should have been on the first list to me. I was also surprised how low Chester Taylor was on the first list. Whoever is making these lists doesn't like BAL.

Seems like both should have been on the first list to me. I was also surprised how low Chester Taylor was on the first list. Whoever is making these lists doesn't like BAL.
I'm trying to look up some of the more notable names left off both listshere's what I've come up with so far:

RB Mike Anderson

DE Darren Howard

DT Grady Jackson

LB LaVar Arrington

LB Tommy Polley

LB Jamie Winborn

SS Lawyer Milloy

I'm not sure why he has Kevin Mawae, Ty Law, Chester Taylor, Joe Jurevicius, Koren Robinson, Antonio Bryant, etc. as low as he does.

I'm trying to look up some of the more notable names left off both listshere's what I've come up with so far:

RB Mike Anderson

DE Darren Howard

DT Grady Jackson

LB LaVar Arrington

LB Tommy Polley

LB Jamie Winborn

SS Lawyer Milloy

I'm not sure why he has Kevin Mawae, Ty Law, Chester Taylor, Joe Jurevicius, Koren Robinson, Antonio Bryant, etc. as low as he does.
I think most of these guys have age, injury, or maturity concerns.

RB Mike Anderson

DE Darren Howard

DT Grady Jackson

LB LaVar Arrington

LB Tommy Polley

LB Jamie Winborn

SS Lawyer Milloy

Or why he has Matt Schobel as a sleeper :lmao:

sure, but so do guys like Willie McGinest, Jon Runyan, Charles Woodson, and Sam Adams
Wouldn't you say those guys have proved themselves to the degree they should get a benefit of the doubt bump? Runyan and Woodson especially still have good years in front of them and Woodson has a big upside. I'd agree on Sam Adams as he's getting a bit long in the tooth.

sure, but so do guys like Willie McGinest, Jon Runyan, Charles Woodson, and Sam Adams
Wouldn't you say those guys have proved themselves to the degree they should get a benefit of the doubt bump? Runyan and Woodson especially still have good years in front of them and Woodson has a big upside. I'd agree on Sam Adams as he's getting a bit long in the tooth.
Ty Law had 10 INTs last year while Sam Adams got benched in Buffalo. Charles Woodson hasn't played a full season since 2001 and has only played 42 of 64 games over the past 4 seasons. Mawae missed 10 games last year but those were the first games he's missed since his rookie year in 1994. I'd consider LaVar Arrington to have similar upside to a guy like Charles Woodson and I actually think he has a better attitude. Also, I think Darren Howard is still a very good player and is just 29 years old. He's missed some games in recent years I guess but I bet he gets a nice deal somewhere.

Ty Law had 10 INTs last year while Sam Adams got benched in Buffalo. Charles Woodson hasn't played a full season since 2001 and has only played 42 of 64 games over the past 4 seasons. Mawae missed 10 games last year but those were the first games he's missed since his rookie year in 1994. I'd consider LaVar Arrington to have similar upside to a guy like Charles Woodson and I actually think he has a better attitude.
Yeah, I'm still perplexed about how the whole Arrington thing has gone down over the past season. I know they brought in Gregg Williams (excuse me while I go retch as a Bills fan) and his defense was very space oriented. But Arrington is still a pretty huge talent, a smart guy and has had a great attitude. He has never once complained about how Gregg Williams essentially screwed him over throughout the season and even bought out his own contract so that he could move on.

Honestly, if for whatever reason he doesn't get any big offers, I would LOVE for the Bills to sign this guy. Spikes/Fletcher/Arrington :excited:

Ty Law had 10 INTs last year while Sam Adams got benched in Buffalo. Charles Woodson hasn't played a full season since 2001 and has only played 42 of 64 games over the past 4 seasons. Mawae missed 10 games last year but those were the first games he's missed since his rookie year in 1994. I'd consider LaVar Arrington to have similar upside to a guy like Charles Woodson and I actually think he has a better attitude.
I agree with that.Woodson is 29 and he has always had a ton of potential and has played well in spurts. I certainly wouldn't be throwing a big payday at him but he is worth some risk. Law is 30 months older than Woodson and looked a little chunky last year. Look I'm a Michigan guy and think Law is the best CB in my lifetime from UM but Woodson has more lef tin the tank. I think he should be moved to safety.

Mawae is still a starter and can contribute but he's past his prime.

I like Michael Bennett as a sleeper somewhere getting 30/35 percent of the carries and I'd take Mike Anderson as my backup RB anyday.

Honestly, I just find these lists bizarre. There appears to be no rhyme nor reason to them. You might as well just randomly throw the names in the air.

I mean, DT Maake Kemoeatu 8th? Who?

At first I thought the old guys were being ranked low (Mawae 50th, Ty Law 47th), but then Old Man Willie McGinest is ranked 11th.

Why include an elderly guy like Tommy Maddox whose career is shot ahead of a very promising HB like Najeh Davenport who is a LOAD to bring down.

Why make Michael Bennett a sleeper? He was a first round pick so he's not exactly unknown.

If you're going to rank Edge so high why rank Jamal Lewis so low (below a bust LB like Andre Carter)?

Honestly, I just find these lists bizarre. There appears to be no rhyme nor reason to them. You might as well just randomly throw the names in the air.

At first I thought the old guys were being ranked low (Mawae 50th, Ty Law 47th), but then Old Man Willie McGinest is ranked 11th.

Why include an elderly guy like Tommy Maddox whose career is shot ahead of a very promising HB like Najeh Davenport who is a LOAD to bring down.

Why make Michael Bennett a sleeper? He was a first round pick so he's not exactly unknown.

If you're going to rank Edge so high why rank Jamal Lewis so low (below a bust LB like Andre Carter)?
Kemoeatu didn't surprise me being that high nearly as much as McGinest being on the first list at all, let alone #11.Opinions very wildly on guys like J.Lewis and M.Bennett so they could have been anywhere and it wouldn't have surprised me.

The most shocking to me was Scott. Everything I've read has him very highly thought of and there are plenty of people that would love to have that guy.

RB Mike Anderson

DE Darren Howard

DT Grady Jackson

LB LaVar Arrington

LB Tommy Polley

LB Jamie Winborn

SS Lawyer Milloy

Agreed on almost all counts. Anderson rushed for 1,000 last season. Chester Taylor was drastically better than Jamal Lewis behind the exact same line last season. LaVar Arrington is overrated, but he's still an absolute beast, Milloy is still playing very well, and Grady Jackson was in my opinion the best defensive player in the NFL two years ago (although only mediocre last year). Surely those guys should have at least made the list.I mean... Brett Keisel? Isn't he just a special teams performer, anyway?

Your(and the general public's) ignorance of him does not make him any less of a player. Hes going to get a LARGE contract from one of the number of teams pursuing him.

Your(and the general public's) ignorance of him does not make him any less of a player. Hes going to get a LARGE contract from one of the number of teams pursuing him.
:yes: Five-year, $23 million contract including $8 million in guaranteed money.

RB Mike Anderson

DE Darren Howard

DT Grady Jackson

LB LaVar Arrington

LB Tommy Polley

LB Jamie Winborn

SS Lawyer Milloy

Agreed on almost all counts. Anderson rushed for 1,000 last season. Chester Taylor was drastically better than Jamal Lewis behind the exact same line last season. LaVar Arrington is overrated, but he's still an absolute beast, Milloy is still playing very well, and Grady Jackson was in my opinion the best defensive player in the NFL two years ago (although only mediocre last year). Surely those guys should have at least made the list.I mean... Brett Keisel? Isn't he just a special teams performer, anyway?
SSOG, as much dislike as you showed for the Steelers this year, I thought you would know more about them.

I'm not sure why A. Bryant is so overlooked the guy went out and quietly had a 1000 yard season in Cleveland. Let me repeat that, CLEVELAND. He didn't cause any problems that were reported anyway. As for his drops. Has anyone stopped to think how often the so called god of receivers T. Owens is prone to drops.

He was definitely the one that jumped out at me. OVERRATED!. He might get a big contract, I just hope it's not from the E-A-G-L-E-S! Bring Rocky to Philly.

SSOG, as much dislike as you showed for the Steelers this year, I thought you would know more about them.
Who says I dislike the Steelers? There was only one week of the season when I wasn't rooting for them to win, and that was the week of the AFC Championship game. I'm a big Bill Cowher fan, and I'm glad we can finally put this whole "can't win the big one" nonsense behind us. In fact, I think every single instance of "Player X or Coach Y cannot win the big one" is just that- nonsense.I have a lot of respect for a franchise that values stability over all else, as well. Very few owners would give their coach a contract extension after a 6-10 season. That shows an admirable level of dedication, and I'm glad it was rewarded.

Besides, an old friend of mine married into the Rooney empire and gets seats in the actual Rooney box whenever he wants them (including the Superbowl). I secretly hate him for this, but he's a good guy, so it's nice to see SOMEBODY get ahead in life. :)

Anyway, I was honestly asking. I was having a discussion with a Steelers fan about our respective linebacking corps (the two best in the league, by the way), and he mentioned something about Kiesel being more or less just a special teamer and quality depth (much like Denver's Keith Burns). I was surprised to see him on the list.

from Len P over at ESPN

1. C LeCharles Bentley

2. RB Edgerrin James

3. LB Will Witherspoon

4. LB Julian Peterson

5. QB Drew Brees

6. DE Aaron Kampman

7. PK Adam Vinatieri

8. DT Maake Kemoeatu

9. WR David Givens

10. DT Ryan Pickett

11. LB/DE Willie McGinest

12. OT Jon Runyan

13. PK Mike Vanderjagt

14. DT Gerard Warren

15. DE Anthony Weaver

16. WR Antwaan Randle El

17. CB Charles Woodson

18. DT Rocky Bernard

19. FS Chris Hope

20. DE/LB Andre Carter

21. RB Jamal Lewis

22. LB David Thornton

23. QB Josh McCown

24. DT Sam Adams

25. OG Stephen Neal

26. OT Kevin Shaffer

27. SS Adam Archuleta

28. PK Ryan Longwell

29. CB Deshea Townsend

30. WR Antonio Bryant

31. OT Jason Fabini

32. CB Sam Madison (signed with Giants)

33. CB Eric Warfield

34. DE Trevor Pryce

35. DT Larry Triplett

36. WR Isaac Bruce (re-signed with Rams)

37. DE Brett Keisel

38. OT Tom Ashworth

39. WR Koren Robinson

40. RB Chester Taylor

41. SS Corey Chavous

42. WR Joe Jurevicius

43. QB Jon Kitna

44. C Justin Hartwig

45. TE Jeb Putzier

46. SS Marlon McCree

47. CB Ty Law

48. DE Kalimba Edwards

49. DE Lance Johnstone

50. C Kevin Mawae

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2360759
:pickle:

Here's a list from Scouts INC that I think comes closer to the true value of this years FA's

1 Shaun Alexander UFA signed with Seattle

2 Steve Hutchinson Trans.

3 LeCharles Bentley UFA signed with Cleveland

4 Drew Brees UFA

5 Edgerrin James UFA

6 John Abraham Fran.

7 Will Witherspoon UFA

8 Ty Law UFA

9 Nate Clements Fran.

10 Charles Woodson UFA

11 Jamal Lewis UFA

12 Jon Runyan UFA

13 Darren Howard UFA

14 Reggie Wayne UFA signed with Indianapolis

15 Rocky Bernard UFA

16 Antwaan Randle El UFA

17 Ahman Green UFA signed with Green Bay

18 Willie McGinest UFA

19 Isaac Bruce UFA signed with St. Louis

20 LaVar Arrington UFA

21 Aaron Kampman UFA signed with Green Bay

22 Cato June RFA

23 Julian Peterson UFA

24 David Givens UFA

25 Deshaun Foster Fran. signed with Carolina

26 Lawyer Milloy UFA

27 Jeff Backus Fran.

28 Adam Vinatieri UFA

29 Adam Archuleta UFA

30 Nate Burleson RFA

31 Mike Vanderjagt UFA

32 Joe Jurevicius UFA signed with Cleveland

33 Antonio Bryant UFA

34 Orpheus Roye UFA signed with Cleveland

35 Ahmed Plummer UFA

36 Corey Chavous UFA signed with St. Louis

37 Robert Mathis RFA

38 Dave Zastudil UFA

39 Kevin Mawae UFA

40 Brian Griese UFA

41 Kerry Collins UFA

42 Marquand Manuel UFA signed with Green Bay

43 Mack Strong UFA

44 Sam Cowart UFA

45 Michael Bennett UFA

46 Jon Kitna UFA

47 Mike Flanagan UFA

48 Brandon Lloyd RFA

49 Sam Madison UFA signed with NY Giants

50 Justin Hartwig UFA

51 Akin Ayodele UFA

52 Chris Hovan UFA signed with Tampa Bay

53 Idrees Bashir UFA

54 Tom Rouen UFA

55 Jerry Azumah UFA

56 Jeff Mitchell UFA

57 Chris Hope UFA

58 Matt Wilhelm RFA

59 David Boston UFA

60 Ndukwe Kalu UFA

61 Joe Nedney UFA signed with San Francisco

62 Keith Newman UFA

Scouts inc FA list

Here's a list from Scouts INC that I think comes closer to the true value of this years FA's

1 Shaun Alexander UFA signed with Seattle

2 Steve Hutchinson Trans.

3 LeCharles Bentley UFA signed with Cleveland

4 Drew Brees UFA

5 Edgerrin James UFA

6 John Abraham Fran.

7 Will Witherspoon UFA

8 Ty Law UFA

9 Nate Clements Fran.

10 Charles Woodson UFA

11 Jamal Lewis UFA

12 Jon Runyan UFA

13 Darren Howard UFA

14 Reggie Wayne UFA signed with Indianapolis

15 Rocky Bernard UFA

16 Antwaan Randle El UFA

17 Ahman Green UFA signed with Green Bay

18 Willie McGinest UFA

19 Isaac Bruce UFA signed with St. Louis

20 LaVar Arrington UFA

21 Aaron Kampman UFA signed with Green Bay

22 Cato June RFA

23 Julian Peterson UFA

24 David Givens UFA

25 Deshaun Foster Fran. signed with Carolina

26 Lawyer Milloy UFA

27 Jeff Backus Fran.

28 Adam Vinatieri UFA

29 Adam Archuleta UFA

30 Nate Burleson RFA

31 Mike Vanderjagt UFA

32 Joe Jurevicius UFA signed with Cleveland

33 Antonio Bryant UFA

34 Orpheus Roye UFA signed with Cleveland

35 Ahmed Plummer UFA

36 Corey Chavous UFA signed with St. Louis

37 Robert Mathis RFA

38 Dave Zastudil UFA

39 Kevin Mawae UFA

40 Brian Griese UFA

41 Kerry Collins UFA

42 Marquand Manuel UFA signed with Green Bay

43 Mack Strong UFA

44 Sam Cowart UFA

45 Michael Bennett UFA

46 Jon Kitna UFA

47 Mike Flanagan UFA

48 Brandon Lloyd RFA

49 Sam Madison UFA signed with NY Giants

50 Justin Hartwig UFA

51 Akin Ayodele UFA

52 Chris Hovan UFA signed with Tampa Bay

53 Idrees Bashir UFA

54 Tom Rouen UFA

55 Jerry Azumah UFA

56 Jeff Mitchell UFA

57 Chris Hope UFA

58 Matt Wilhelm RFA

59 David Boston UFA

60 Ndukwe Kalu UFA

61 Joe Nedney UFA signed with San Francisco

62 Keith Newman UFA

Scouts inc FA list
Ummm... Trevor Pryce not even as valuable as Joe Nedney, David Boston, or Tom Rouen?

1 Shaun Alexander UFA signed with Seattle

2 Steve Hutchinson Trans.

3 LeCharles Bentley UFA signed with Cleveland

4 Drew Brees UFA

5 Edgerrin James UFA

6 John Abraham Fran.

7 Will Witherspoon UFA

8 Ty Law UFA

9 Nate Clements Fran.

10 Charles Woodson UFA

11 Jamal Lewis UFA

12 Jon Runyan UFA

13 Darren Howard UFA

14 Reggie Wayne UFA signed with Indianapolis

15 Rocky Bernard UFA

16 Antwaan Randle El UFA

17 Ahman Green UFA signed with Green Bay

18 Willie McGinest UFA

19 Isaac Bruce UFA signed with St. Louis

20 LaVar Arrington UFA

21 Aaron Kampman UFA signed with Green Bay

22 Cato June RFA

23 Julian Peterson UFA

24 David Givens UFA

25 Deshaun Foster Fran. signed with Carolina

26 Lawyer Milloy UFA

27 Jeff Backus Fran.

28 Adam Vinatieri UFA

29 Adam Archuleta UFA

30 Nate Burleson RFA

31 Mike Vanderjagt UFA

32 Joe Jurevicius UFA signed with Cleveland

33 Antonio Bryant UFA

34 Orpheus Roye UFA signed with Cleveland

35 Ahmed Plummer UFA

36 Corey Chavous UFA signed with St. Louis

37 Robert Mathis RFA

38 Dave Zastudil UFA

39 Kevin Mawae UFA

40 Brian Griese UFA

41 Kerry Collins UFA

42 Marquand Manuel UFA signed with Green Bay

43 Mack Strong UFA

44 Sam Cowart UFA

45 Michael Bennett UFA

46 Jon Kitna UFA

47 Mike Flanagan UFA

48 Brandon Lloyd RFA

49 Sam Madison UFA signed with NY Giants

50 Justin Hartwig UFA

51 Akin Ayodele UFA

52 Chris Hovan UFA signed with Tampa Bay

53 Idrees Bashir UFA

54 Tom Rouen UFA

55 Jerry Azumah UFA

56 Jeff Mitchell UFA

57 Chris Hope UFA

58 Matt Wilhelm RFA

59 David Boston UFA

60 Ndukwe Kalu UFA

61 Joe Nedney UFA signed with San Francisco

62 Keith Newman UFA

Scouts inc FA list
I dunno if this list is all that much better. Clements sandwiched between Law/Woodson??????? Good grief.McGinnest above Arrington/Peterson/Cato.......... in bizzaro world perhaps.

I still don't understand the sudden Jurevicious love. Losing Antonio Bryant and adding Jurevicious isn't even a lateral move. Just because JJ left a team with weak/injured WR's and was in a FA class with weak WR's doesn't mean JJ is suddenly a much better player then the guy that wasn't good enough to start for the NYG or TB. Where was this frenzy for Jurevicious when he left those places? I'm not trying to rain on CLE's parade, they still have had a good FA period I just don't understand why this 32yo journeman WR with very limited upside is suddenly getting all this attention.

Users who are viewing this thread