What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top Rookie of the Year Candidates by Position (Class of '13) (1 Viewer)

Bob Magaw

Footballguy
QB - Geno Smith

RB - Gio Bernard

WR - DeAndre Hopkins

TE - Jordan Reed

favorite/s - inclined to say bernard or hopkins, but if geno can get the jets to 9-7 or better, and possibly a playoff berth, that would be very impressive and tough to ignore.

DE - Sheldon Richardoson

DT - Star Loutuleilei

ILB - Kiko Alonso

OLB - Alex Ogletree

CB - ?????

S - Eric Reid

-------------------------------------

OT - DJ Fluker

OG - Kyle Long

OC - Travis Frederick

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd lean towards Lacy over Bernard. The only thing keeping Lacy down was the crap by Brandon Merriwether.

Otherwise his prorate for the games he did fully play would have him 5th in rushing even with his bye already done.

i didn't realize lacy was doing that well...

though of course he won't get the benefit of prorated stats, but at that clip, he could make up a lot of ground...

bell has a lot of ground to make up, because of the injury-related slow start...

bernard should have some nice combined rush/receiving and scoring (pacing for 9 TDs) totals by the end of the year, especially if his use increases...

QB - Geno Smith

RB - Gio Bernard

WR - DeAndre Hopkins

TE - Jordan Reed

favorite/s - inclined to say bernard or hopkins, but if geno can get the jets to 9-7 or better, and possibly a playoff berth, that would be very impressive and tough to ignore.
QB - Geno Smith

RB - going to be Lacy by the end of the season

WR - Keenan Allen

TE - Jordan Reed

Favorite is Geno....huge media center, following a flop. He needs to win though. Lacy might be the playoff darling like Starks was last time Green Bay made the Super Bowl run (which they are going to do again this year...bank on it)

QB: unfortunately it has to be geno.

RB: I'm a homer, but Lacy is hands down going to be the #1 rookie rb when the season is over. He could very well be rookie of the year

WR: Keenan Allen at WR

TE: Jordan Reed, but I think he's a bit overrated because of last weeks game. Still the best rookie TE.

I disagree this is a weak year for rookie CB. May not be light it up superstars but this is a solid corps before you even get to Milner.

Robert Alford, ATL

Dave Amerson, WAS

Jonathon Banks, TB

Marcus Cooper, KC

DJ Hayden, OAK

Demetrius McCray, JAX

Xavier Rhodes, MIN

Logan Ryan, NE

Darius Slay, DET

Kayvon Webster, DEN

I disagree this is a weak year for rookie CB. May not be light it up superstars but this is a solid corps before you even get to Milner.
Only when it comes to picking one. Especially compared to the other positions. It was literally the hardest to discern.

Like you picked out Marcus Cooper of the Chiefs who has started 2 games. And from what Ive seen of Trufant, who you also named, has looked bad.

If you're going off statistics sure you could pick those guys. Personally I think Manuel and Lacy have looked more impressive. WR is really a toss up between aforementioned Allen, Williams, Hopkins and even Woods could be mentioned. Reed had the biggest game of the TE's but Eifert still has great long term potential. Kiko Alonso and Tyson Mathieu have looked the most impressive on defensive... At least visibly. Richardson has probably been the most effective DLineman.

Kilo Alonso gets my vote for DROY

7 games: 70 tkls / 1 sack / 4 INT / 1 FF / 1 FR

He's been an instant impact player for the Bills. Their LB corp has been one of the worst in the league for quite awhile now & he has breathed new life into it.

He's becoming the leader of that defense which should also be considered. A lot young guys can get over whelmed when put in that situation but being the QB of the defense has made him even more impressive.

He is all over the field during games; a true sideline to sideline ILB. He's made big plays in almost every game. Alonso has really impressed everyone on the team and in Buffalo.

By EOY it will be Lacy for offensive ROY - It won't even be close.
QB is the most important position on the field and if Geno leads the Jets to the playoffs he will get it hands down if not it will go to Lacy in a close one with Geno.
Totally disagree. Geno hasn't been anything special. The Defense has been winning those games...and a ridiculous roughing the passer penalty for someone pushing Geno out of bounds in game 1.

QB is the most important position on the field and if Geno leads the Jets to the playoffs he will get it hands down if not it will go to Lacy in a close one with Geno.
Totally disagree. Geno hasn't been anything special. The Defense has been winning those games...and a ridiculous roughing the passer penalty for someone pushing Geno out of bounds in game 1.
Yup, Lacy looks like a beast... He'll finish the year with 13-1500 all purpose yards and 10-12 TDs (in only 14 games, he was knocked out of the WAS game on the first series) - On a playoff team, how is that not ROY? Plus you are kidding yourself if you think the Jets make the playoffs.

Only when it comes to picking one. Especially compared to the other positions. It was literally the hardest to discern.

Like you picked out Marcus Cooper of the Chiefs who has started 2 games. And from what Ive seen of Trufant, who you also named, has looked bad.
Trufant has PFF's 5th highest rookie rating, for what it's worth.

Relevant link: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/22/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-7-2/

Totally disagree. Geno hasn't been anything

special. The Defense has been winning those

games...and a ridiculous roughing the passer penalty for someone pushing Geno out of bounds in game 1.
I agree is hasn't done anything special but if and it's a big if he leads them to the playoffs it's going to be hard to deny him the award. As far the call goes Geno didn't throw the flag the refs did. Agree or disagree with the call they called it.

geno has had a few clunkers like all rookies (i think he was at a record setting turnover pace through three games), but he has balanced it out with some good games... i don't think they won just because of the defense, or were hiding geno... in the game where he was pushed out of bounds, look at what he did preceding that play on the last drive... i think the pats had won something like twelve straight AFC East division games (?) before last sunday... who thought geno and the jets would be where they are now, before the season... this was a team that many thought would only win 3-4 games all season.

i was putting up names off the top of my head to get the ball rolling, lacy does sound like the consensus choice... he does have a high contact, collision friendly style, and was dinged at alabama (though i think played through the many minor ones), had some more nicks in offseason... there are nine games left, hopefully he stays healthy in a season which has seen a lot of skill position players hurt already...

keenan allen, terrance williams and robert woods were essential additions to deandre... with the HOU QB problems, and they way allen and williams have come on (and woods did get off to a sensational start, too), i agree allen or williams probably more likely at this point... romo and rivers have been playing great at QB, helping a lot... DAL and SD have had injury to vets like austin and floyd, but they have shined with the opportunity... williams has been far more versatile of a route runner and overall, more complete receiving weapon than he was advertised to be, he already looks more explosive and dangerous than austin, and with bryant will be a dynamic duo for years (like bryant and austin were supposed to be)... allen got off to a slow start, but he moves so smoothly and impressively, it is like he is gliding, and he has fantastic agility, coordination and body control... he might be the most impressive looking WR so far...

reed did have the big game, i noted him because he has gotten a ton of opportunity lately, clearly is the #1 with davis not in the picture any more (the transition has been apparent for a month or more), and RGIII has been heating up... not many expected reed to be doing what he has, or come this far and this fast, at this junction of the season (approaching the halfway point)... eifert is extremely talented, and before the season was thought to be slam dunk best dynasty option... i'm not sure reed won't make that an interesting conversation in the coming years... but eifert isn't getting the opportunity right now... gresham was somewhat maligned after the poor playoff showing and drops, but he is very talented in his own right... a huge target who is a beast RAC-wise, he is a better blocker and that keeps him on the field a lot... he is one of only three TEs (with ditka and GB keith jackson - not used a lot at arkansas, good scouting by pack) to start career with three straight 50 reception seasons...

K/P - no :)

returner - from what i've seen, cordarrelle patterson... tavon austin has had a lot of big plays wiped out by penalties...

lotulelei has been great

richardson has been a revelation, with mo wilkerson, they may have one of the best set of DE bookends in the league, and mo very young, too (rams and panthers also in coversation, i thought bengals would be, too, but michael johnson not following up on his brilliant 2012 campaign)... if ziggy ansah were to go on a tear and get a bunch of sacks (he has flashed, but been inconsistent, typical for almost all rookies at the position, and ansah was known to be raw - i think if anything, he has developed more quickly than expected, which bodes very well - he has the physical tools and athleticism to be dominant eventually... supposedly he was far more raw than JPP, and that wasn't a good comp, but i don't agree... i think ansah had a personal best 10.9 100 m at BYU, which is freaky for a DL-sized human, and maybe in ballpark with another african import, the nigerian nightmare, christian okoye, as a size/strength/speed mutant - he won his national 100 m AND shot put championships... imagine if usain bolt won jamaican shot put, too, for perspective on the freakishness!!!)... long term, i think dion jordan will be special... i've never seen a prospect at his stage of development so long, explosive, but so agile, smooth moving, athletic and capable of covering receivers... his progress has been slowed by predraft shoulder surgery...

kiko and everybody else at ILB, though i want to see what bostic will do with DJ williams now out... with even briggs out, he could be a three down LB in his absence... arthur brown was easily the consensus top LB for IDP going in to the season, but he lost time in preseason and has been unable to recover... may not be until 2014 until he has a chance to really shine...

mingo has been impressive, but i think has to be ogletree for OLB at this point...

reid seems to be consensus, i mentioned vaccaro, not sure elam really has stood out, we forgot cyprien at S, who should have the best stats with the opportunity... mathieu was a great catch (playmaking as advertised, has avoided trouble so far), he has played extremely well, arguably better than reid at times, but i'd still give the nod to reid... when i initially broke this down, it was offense only, where you could make a case for any of the positions... on defense, in reality, it is LB a big percentage of the time...

which is why i didn't spend much time on CB... no way one wins this year... if we want to talk about it, milliner was highest drafted, has been hurt (and he was hurt a lot at alabama, with a medical record that would make evil knievel flinch), and was also benched at one point for play... DJ hayden has had his moments... trufant started slow, but looked good when i saw him... xavier rhodes has started slow and not had much impact, same with banks...

PFF gives their take on race for rookie of the year.

This is how they see it thru week-six.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/15/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-6-2/

... our Race for Rookie of the Year.

1. Sheldon Richardson, DE, Jets: +13.1

While others struggled, Richardson once again delivered the goods. He’s our third-ranked 3-4 defensive end on the year with a healthy 18 defensive stops thrown in for good measure. His play against Pittsburgh saw him grade above +2.2 for the fifth time this year.

2. Kiko Alonso, LB, Bills: +5.4

Rewarded by a hometown scorer who gave him an assist for being in the general vicinity of a downed runner, Alonso actually had his lowest grade of the year versus the Bengals. Still, he was excellent before this game and has proved a real find so far.

3. Giovanni Bernard, RB, Bengals: +7.9

In the modern NFL it’s not just about what running backs can do taking hand-offs. Bernard has a healthy 4 yards per carry but it’s his work catching the ball out of the backfield that has pushed him to third overall in our running back rankings.

4. Larry Warford, RG, Lions: +8.6

We’d like to see a little more in the running game from Warford, who has peaked with some fine performances (see Week 4) with a lot of average ones. That’s still a great return and an upgrade for the Lions, but won’t help him move up from here.

5. Travis Frederick, C, Cowboys: +4.9

For the fourth game in a row Frederick graded in the green, even if his Week 6 showing wasn’t as impressive as his other outings in that period. Some rookie linemen seem like they’re in the lineup as much for where they were drafted as anything. Frederick is not one of them.

6. Star Lotulelei, DT, Panthers: +5.2

Has been very quiet since his first two games of the year and it has culminated with his worst grade of the year against the Vikings. Trending downwards right now.

7. D.J. Fluker, RT, Chargers: +5.1

After the tough 2012 the Chargers line endured it’s been refreshing to see how stable Fluker has been at right tackle, especially given the play of some of the other rookie linemen.

8. Eric Reid, S, 49ers: +4.9

Have the 49ers felt the loss of Dashon Goldson? Not so much with how Reid is developing. Our eighth-ranked safety on the year has cut back on the early-season missed tackles and making plays when the team needed him to.

9. Tyrann Mathieu, DB, Cardinals: +4.3

The versatile Mathieu let himself down with a silly penalty but continues to make plays and show a nose for the ball. Proven well worth the third-round pick already after a much scrutinized process from draft prospect to NFL starter.

10. Keenan Allen, WR, Chargers: +4.7

Two games on the bounce over 100 yards as Allen establishes himself as the kind of receiver Philip Rivers desperately needs. 12 targets were his most of the year as his role and impact continues to grow.

Dropping Out

Akeem Spence, DT, Buccaneers: Everything that could go wrong against the Eagles for Spence seemed to.

John Jenkins, DT, Saints: Drew a blank on his 19 snaps against the Patriots, with their fast tempo and three receiver sets not built to get the best out of him.

Five to Watch

Andre Ellington, RB, Cardinals: Only playing time prevents the playmaking Ellington make the list.

Kawann Short, DT, Panthers: Added four more quarterback disruptions to his season total as he creeps closer to making the main section.

Eddie Lacy, RB, Packers: The more he plays the harder it is to leave him off the Top 10. Added something to the Packers’ offense.

Corey Lemonier, LB, 49ers: With Aldon Smith potentially out for the year is taking advantage of the playing time to make a name for himself.

Marcus Cooper, CB, Chiefs: Is really impressing right now and stood up to the challenge of filling in for Brandon Flowers with very little dropoff.

And for those focused on the money-position.

Here is PFF's look at the top rookie RBs

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/18/palazzolos-pitch-rookie-runners/

Palazzolo’s Pitch: Rookie RunnersSteve Palazzolo | October 18, 2013

Report: Running BacksAfter taking a look at the rookie quarterbacks last week, it’s time to focus on the first-year running backs. It was a rare draft, perhaps evident of the league’s new direction, as no running back was drafted in the first round for the first time in 50 years. That’s not to say that running backs can’t make significant contributions, but the value of the individuals at the position has changed as teams are running the ball less and using more of a rotation in the backfield. This trend is evident in our top two rated rookie running backs in Giovani Bernard and Andre Ellington who are both playing the role of change-of-pace back to perfection through six weeks.

Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals
Playing Time: 215 snaps through six games
Overall Grade: +7.9
Key PFF Numbers:

• 18th in Elusive Rating (25% snap filter) at 31.7
• 6th in Yards/Route Run at 1.97
• 10th in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 97.7

Notes: Bernard has seen an increase in playing time as the season has progressed and he’s now surpassed RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis with his 215 snaps. He’s done his best work in the passing game where he’s grading at +5.7 with 20 receptions for 201 yards and two touchdowns. Half of his 12 forced missed tackles have come on receptions.

Andre Ellington, Arizona Cardinals
Playing Time: 170 snaps through seven games
Overall Grade: +5.7
Key PFF Numbers:

• 54.0 Elusive Rating
• 1.81 Yards/Route Run
• Yet to allow any pressure on 11 pass block attempts

Notes: Like Bernard, Ellington has done some damage in the passing game where the Cardinals have moved him around the formation. He’s seen 38 snaps at outside wide receiver, 28 in the slot, and even 15 in a tight end/fullback role. We highlighted his lone receiving touchdown on The Pitch a couple weeks ago. For the season, he’s averaged 6.4 yards on his 28 carries while adding 20 receptions for 190 yards.

Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers
Playing Time: 165 snaps, played in four games
Grade: +1.9
Key PFF Numbers (Small sample size warning):

• 27.5 Elusive Rating
• 95.7 Pass Blocking Efficiency on 35 pass block snaps
• 0.67 Yards/Route Run

Notes: After battling injuries early in the season, Lacy has emerged as the Packers top running back. He’s picked up 270 yards on his 61 carries while forcing seven missed tackles. He’s only been targeted four times in the passing game with 31 of his 34 receiving yards coming on a screen pass back in Week 1.

Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers
Playing Time: 109 snaps, played in two games
Grade: +0.1
Key PFF Numbers:

• 24.0 Elusive Rating
• 0.92 Yards/Route Run
• No pressure surrendered on 16 pass block snaps

Notes: Bell has battled injuries of his own, but after making his debut in Week 4, he’s become the clear top option for Pittsburgh. He’s had a slow start as a runner, averaging only 2.8 yards/carry on his 32 attempts, but he’s done a nice job as a receiver catching all seven of his targets for 100 yards and a +1.1 receiving grade.

Other Rookie RBs:

Montee Ball, Denver Broncos: Ball has had a tough time hanging onto the football as he has two fumbles on 43 carries and two drops on his four targets in the passing game. He’s grading at -3.8 overall on the season.

Zac Stacy, St. Louis Rams: Coming off a career-high 18 carries, Stacy has forced seven missed tackles on the ground on his way to a +3.5 overall grade on 88 snaps.

Christine Michael, Seattle Seahawks: Played all 15 of his snaps in Week 3 picking up 37 yards on nine carries, forcing four missed tackles.

Johnathan Franklin, Green Bay Packers: Gained 103 yards in Week 3, but a late-game fumble followed by another in Week 4 have kept his rushing grade at -1.8. Also has four catches for 30 yards.

Cierre Wood, Houston Texans: Has carried the ball on all three of his snaps, picking up nine yards and forcing a missed tackle.

Khiry Robinson, New Orleans Saints: Carried the ball 26 times for 137 yards and a touchdown. Coming off his best game in Week 6 where he graded at +1.2.

Theo Riddick, Detroit Lions: Played 19 snaps on the season, picked up (-2) yards on two carries in Week 3.

Kenjon Barner, Carolina Panthers: Yet to carry the ball on seven snaps, but dropped a pass on one of his two targets in the passing game.

Denard Robinson, Jacksonville Jaguars: Played only 16 snaps, but his -3.8 overall grade stems from a fumble on one of his six carries and a drop on his only target.

Joseph Randle, Dallas Cowboys. Played all 24 of his snaps last week grading at -1.3 with 17 yards on 11 carries.

Knile Davis, Kansas City Chiefs: Grading at -2.6 on 35 snaps, including a fumble on one of his two receptions.

Mike James, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Picked up 12 yards on his three carries.

Benny Cunningham, St. Louis Rams: Grading at -2.7 on 68 snaps, averaging 2.7 yards on 17 carries.

Geno a close second if the Jets make the playoffs but the winner by a mile at the end of the season.....

Lacy

14 for 40 yards w/ 1 catch for 31 yards + 1 TD

23 for 99 yards

23 for 120 yards w 1 catch for 5 yards

22 for 82 yards w/ 5 catches for 56 yards

Total 82 for 342 in 4 games (kept out the 1 for 10 yards against the redskins)

Bernard has only had 67 for 264 in 7 games w/ 4 TDs, I understand he doesn't get fed the ball as much but Lacy is going to be leaned on and will separate himself in to a category of game changer to allow Rodgers to get some more time in the pocket.

Not Dee Milliner at CB.

Rotoworld:

The Jets benched rookie CB Dee Milliner for the second time this season in Sunday's Week 8 loss to Cincinnati.
Miller was benched in the second quarter after giving up a ton of catches to Marvin Jones, among others. Even before Sunday's loss, Pro Football Focus had graded Milliner very negatively in pass coverage. Rookie cornerbacks often struggle, but not quite as badly as Milliner has through five appearances. The Jets have repeatedly deemed former UDFA Darrin Walls a better option.

Source: ESPN New York

lacy was a monster, I agree he has to have the inside track...

he is getting more volume than I expected...

stills wasn't mentioned, he had a great game today, and has had several so far.

PFF just udated their race for rookie of the year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/29/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-8-2/

Race for Rookie of the Year, Week 8Khaled Elsayed | October 29, 2013

1. Sheldon Richardson, DE, Jets: +13.9

He just about earned a positive grade for the week but it was by far his least convincing performance, and one that earned him his lowest grade against the run. The whole team struggled so he’ll be looking to bounce back immediately.

2. Star Lotulelei, DT, Panthers: +11.1

Closes the gap with Richardson having a poor week. Has picked his game up in the past couple of weeks and remains one of the best defensive tackles against the run (ranked third in the league). Challenge is for him to maintain.

3. Larry Warford, RG, Lions: +7.7

After faltering in recent weeks was better against the Cowboys, even if he did allow two hurries. A more consistent display with his run blocking earns him a bump in the rankings.

4. Giovani Bernard, RB, Bengals: +8.1

We do like Bernard, though we’d like it if he contributed more with his rushing.His 287 yards on the ground isn’t really enough to complement the work he’s doing catching passes out of the backfield.

5. Kiko Alonso, LB, Bills: +5.5

Would grade better but for his poor return on numbers of blitzes to pressure on the quarterback. Remains our fourth-ranked coverage inside linebacker with four interceptions, highlighting his playmaking ability.

6. Tyrann Mathieu, DB, Cardinals: +7.7

It’s getting harder and harder not to move Mathieu up. The versatile talent started at safety this week though saw more action covering the slot. Walked away with his second pick and almost had another in his highest graded performance as a pro.

7. Eric Reid, S, 49ers: +5.4

Has calmed down on the early season missed tackling and has settled into providing the kind of deep safety play the 49ers need out of their defense. Team really has to be happy with how he’s adjusted to the NFL.

8. Marcus Cooper, CB, Chiefs: +9.0

Perhaps the most surprising name here, Cooper has been a revelation since working his way into the Chiefs’ heavily used sub-package lineup. You could say he benefits from those around him, but so far he’s picked off two balls and broken up another six while allowing 36.7% of throws into his coverage.

9. Eddie Lacy, RB, Packers: +6.0

The workhorse. Lacy and his ability to keep on earning the tough yards has added a new dimension to a Packers’ offense intent on making life easier for its star quarterback. Has caused 15 missed tackles already on the year.

10. D.J. Fluker, RT, Chargers: +3.4

No action this week, but will be hoping a return to the right side of the line will help him solidify his place in the Top 10.

Dropping Out

Desmond Trufant, DB, Falcons: Kept the streak alive with his seventh pass defense in as many games, but his worst grade of the year flung him from the main list.

Five To Watch

Andre Ellington, RB, Cardinals: Arguably would be getting more attention from us if not for a fumble he was lucky to recover.

Travis Frederick, C, Cowboys: Still in the mix, but needs to up his game to get more spiel.

Nickell Robey, CB, Bills: Nickell by name, nickel back by nature. Robey has made that place his own for the Bills in impressive fashion.

Keenan Allen, WR, Chargers: Made the kind of immediate impact Chargers fans were hoping for. Now, can he do more?

Jordan Reed, TE, Redskins: Those two drops are what stands between him and a spot in our Top 10. It’s coming.

Bernard will start getting more snaps. And hes just a more exciting...and honestly better RB than Lacy IMO.

Nit-picky stats aside, Bernard gets my vote

PFF gives their take on race for rookie of the year.

This is how they see it thru week-six.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/15/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-6-2/

... our Race for Rookie of the Year.

1. Sheldon Richardson, DE, Jets: +13.1

While others struggled, Richardson once again delivered the goods. He’s our third-ranked 3-4 defensive end on the year with a healthy 18 defensive stops thrown in for good measure. His play against Pittsburgh saw him grade above +2.2 for the fifth time this year.

2. Kiko Alonso, LB, Bills: +5.4

Rewarded by a hometown scorer who gave him an assist for being in the general vicinity of a downed runner, Alonso actually had his lowest grade of the year versus the Bengals. Still, he was excellent before this game and has proved a real find so far.

3. Giovanni Bernard, RB, Bengals: +7.9

In the modern NFL it’s not just about what running backs can do taking hand-offs. Bernard has a healthy 4 yards per carry but it’s his work catching the ball out of the backfield that has pushed him to third overall in our running back rankings.

4. Larry Warford, RG, Lions: +8.6

We’d like to see a little more in the running game from Warford, who has peaked with some fine performances (see Week 4) with a lot of average ones. That’s still a great return and an upgrade for the Lions, but won’t help him move up from here.

5. Travis Frederick, C, Cowboys: +4.9

For the fourth game in a row Frederick graded in the green, even if his Week 6 showing wasn’t as impressive as his other outings in that period. Some rookie linemen seem like they’re in the lineup as much for where they were drafted as anything. Frederick is not one of them.

6. Star Lotulelei, DT, Panthers: +5.2

Has been very quiet since his first two games of the year and it has culminated with his worst grade of the year against the Vikings. Trending downwards right now.

7. D.J. Fluker, RT, Chargers: +5.1

After the tough 2012 the Chargers line endured it’s been refreshing to see how stable Fluker has been at right tackle, especially given the play of some of the other rookie linemen.

8. Eric Reid, S, 49ers: +4.9

Have the 49ers felt the loss of Dashon Goldson? Not so much with how Reid is developing. Our eighth-ranked safety on the year has cut back on the early-season missed tackles and making plays when the team needed him to.

9. Tyrann Mathieu, DB, Cardinals: +4.3

The versatile Mathieu let himself down with a silly penalty but continues to make plays and show a nose for the ball. Proven well worth the third-round pick already after a much scrutinized process from draft prospect to NFL starter.

10. Keenan Allen, WR, Chargers: +4.7

Two games on the bounce over 100 yards as Allen establishes himself as the kind of receiver Philip Rivers desperately needs. 12 targets were his most of the year as his role and impact continues to grow.

Dropping Out

Akeem Spence, DT, Buccaneers: Everything that could go wrong against the Eagles for Spence seemed to.

John Jenkins, DT, Saints: Drew a blank on his 19 snaps against the Patriots, with their fast tempo and three receiver sets not built to get the best out of him.

Five to Watch

Andre Ellington, RB, Cardinals: Only playing time prevents the playmaking Ellington make the list.

Kawann Short, DT, Panthers: Added four more quarterback disruptions to his season total as he creeps closer to making the main section.

Eddie Lacy, RB, Packers: The more he plays the harder it is to leave him off the Top 10. Added something to the Packers’ offense.

Corey Lemonier, LB, 49ers: With Aldon Smith potentially out for the year is taking advantage of the playing time to make a name for himself.

Marcus Cooper, CB, Chiefs: Is really impressing right now and stood up to the challenge of filling in for Brandon Flowers with very little dropoff.
Yeah I am sure two offensive linemen will beat out Lacy.

Milliner STINKS.

Richardson is a beast.

Lacy/Bernard are very good.

Smith is so inconsistent - but playoffs at the most important position on the field is impressive. Moot point if they play like last week.

geno won again (surprisingly beating the saints, though they aren't as good on the road), with the jets at 5-4 and in contention for a playoff berth... i agree he isn't the favorite...

bernard had maybe the play of the year in the thur night game against the dolphins, and had two TDs...

lacy yet to play on MNF.

zach stach had about 175 combined yards and two TDs (rams first two rushing TDs of the year) and could put himself in the conversation... he has had about four strong games in a row.

terrance williams cooled off today, but keenan allen continued his surge with another big game.

alonso had another big play and strong tackle game.

K Allen might win this thing, especially if SD goes to the playoffs
There really is not another choice for offense at least. You could say Lacy or Bell or Gio but those guys haven't been as dynamic and valuable as Allen has. The only close one I would say to threaten Keenan Allen is Zac Stacy

Don't think Cordarelle has been mentioned (great link over in his thread making his case for ROY, too bad for him nobody really cares about return yards/TDs).

It will probably come down to who has the best finish between Allen, Lacy, Bernard, and Patterson. And Allen set the bar high on TNF. With ADP potentially being limited these last 3 weeks Patterson has the most upside out of the other three.

Can't go wrong with any of these four though, they are all playmakers.

Users who are viewing this thread