What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Torry Holt's Luck Ran Out (1 Viewer)

Let's not leave out Goingfor2:

Posted 10/11/03STEPHEN DAVIS SHARED CARRIES?, WHO KNEW THIS?week 5S. Davis 30 159 1 27 D. Foster 7 25 0 11 week 4ATT YDS TD LG S. Davis 21 153 1 34 D. Foster 10 46 0 21 ...better unload Davis before this becomes a RBBC

Last edited by a moderator:

Posted 10/11/03STEPHEN DAVIS SHARED CARRIES?, WHO KNEW THIS?week 5S. Davis 30 159 1 27 D. Foster 7 25 0 11 week 4ATT YDS TD LG S. Davis 21 153 1 34 D. Foster 10 46 0 21 ...better unload Davis before this becomes a RBBC
You're still an idiot and Holt is still the man.

You're still an idiot and Holt is still the man.
You will look like the idiot at year's end when Holt's numbers don't add up.Now shut your mouth.

Let's also not forget this one from smlevin:

I like Warner for this year, and I have him in my top 10 QBs. I think he'd be a good value in the 4th or 5th round. Since I'm not picking QB this year any earlier than the 5th, and probably not until the 6th, I don't expect him to be available for me. If he's there when I'm ready to choose my first QB, I would be ecstatic to make him my QB1
Thanks for turning me onto this game guys!!! It's great!!More to come....

LMAO :lol: You're not very good at picking up sarcasm are you? Of course not, you've already proven that. Read the topic of the thread that you quoted that I was replying to. If you've read any of my posts you know where I stand on Davis.You got very lucky with your draft in your main league - why don't you post your draft in order?This is not my party - its yours!

LMAO :lol: You're not very good at picking up sarcasm are you? Of course not, you've already proven that. Read the topic of the thread that you quoted that I was replying to. If you've read any of my posts you know where I stand on Davis.You got very lucky with your draft in your main league - why don't you post your draft in order?This is not my party - its yours!
Luck has nothing to do with it little man. It's 10 plus years of playing this game. I was playing this game while you were pissing your pants in grade school. It's called individual study and preparation, not following the FBG company line and drinking their Kool Aid!!! Don't get me wrong, they do have a purpose, like telling you who you should draft and pick up. I use them as a guide where you use them as the GOSPEL!!I really shouldn't expect much more from a low life foreskin fan.

You twist my words and I will twist yours. All is fair. Don't like when the shoe is on the other foot do you?

Let's also not forget this one from smlevin:Thanks for turning me onto this game guys!!! It's great!!More to come....
I notice this is undated - mid-July POD on Warner, maybe?And, I believe YOU made Warner your #1 QB for your 15G team w/o the Bulger b/u. Braniac move.Anyway, like I said, I will admit when I am wrong. I was wrong on Warner, and Edge, and QMorgan, and OSmith, and Jerry Rice, and a host of other players. But, you see, when I realized I was WRONG, I admitted I was WRONG. Those issues are now all in the past.The ongoing issue is you being WRONG about Holt, and being WRONG about DDavis. And, in the face of being WRONG you refuse to admit that you're WRONG. The fact that you bring up instances of us being WRONG about certain players back in July in this discussion of you being WRONG about these two player indicates you aere realizing you are . . . fill in the blank . . . about Holt and DDavis and are taking a backward way of admitting it.Until I see the acknowedgement of your error, everything you say looks, simply, WRONG!!This will be fun to bump all week - please keep posting b/c I am sure tons of folks here like to see your posts here.

Let's also not forget this one from smlevin:Thanks for turning me onto this game guys!!! It's great!!More to come....
I notice this is undated - mid-July POD on Warner, maybe?And, I believe YOU made Warner your #1 QB for your 15G team w/o the Bulger b/u. Braniac move.Anyway, like I said, I will admit when I am wrong. I was wrong on Warner, and Edge, and QMorgan, and OSmith, and Jerry Rice, and a host of other players. But, you see, when I realized I was WRONG, I admitted I was WRONG. Those issues are now all in the past.The ongoing issue is you being WRONG about Holt, and being WRONG about DDavis. And, in the face of being WRONG you refuse to admit that you're WRONG. The fact that you bring up instances of us being WRONG about certain players back in July in this discussion of you being WRONG about these two player indicates you aere realizing you are . . . fill in the blank . . . about Holt and DDavis and are taking a backward way of admitting it.Until I see the acknowedgement of your error, everything you say looks, simply, WRONG!!This will be fun to bump all week - please keep posting b/c I am sure tons of folks here like to see your posts here.
Smel, Are you sure he is WRONG? :rotflmao: The youngster likes to argue deconstructively and there is little or no point to his agrument as I stated back on the first page of this thread. What little point he makes is so narrow and hedged with other comments he can refer back to and eventually make the whole discussion senseless.I enjoyed his rantings at first. They were fresh and bold in some respects which is why I jumped in. The complete lack of failure to own up coupled with childish name calling has made me realize he was is all about the fishing hook. Of course, this is the tip of the iceberg to his shortcomings but I'll leave that to others.

First off, I'd like to reiterate that the Waiver Wire is essential to FFL success. Anyone denying this is clearly mentally unstable.Secondly, Bristol's predictions have the suck quotient of Britney Spears' mouth.

I think the funniest thing about this is that Bristol still posts in this thread...If he had any sense I guess he would realize how stupid he has been made to look. Oh well....its still entertaining......Poor guy

You twist my words and I will twist yours. All is fair. Don't like when the shoe is on the other foot do you?
Just so everyone can be clear, can you restate your words so no one can twist them? I just want everyone to be on the same page. Holt's production will go down with Faulk back?DD is an abberation? (how many solid games does it take before he's no longer an abberation? And Sunday's 100 combined yards on the road vs Buff is a solid game no matter how you want to spin that) Is leading MVP canidate McNair still lucky?Boldin still not worth a WW pickup?

Yet another pearl from our boy thefanatic

Posted April 30, 2003 Regarding Jamal Lewis:I believe that it's possible that he could crack the top 5. Is it likely? Not very.
THIS IS FUN!!! Gotta love it!!!
Way to take that one out of context. I hyped Jamal all offseason. Said he would be in the top 10 and had a chance to make the top 5. I didn't say he had a huge chance to make the top 5, but he had a chance. Well, guess what? He's in the top 10 and hovering around top 5. That's phenomenal....And the other quote about my team you dug up is funny, because, see, my league doesn't get recycled in the offseason and then begun anew. My team is in a dynasty league. I'm in the strong division. I would be tied for first in the other division, but I have two guys in my division that are 9-2 and 8-3 respectively. Here's my team for next yearMcNabb (lookin better and better everyday)JamalDDWestyCBuckColesHarrisonGardnerBookerNo TE's on the roster next year - need to address this in the draft, FA night or via tradeLongwellKC D as well as the TB D (btw, you hype the KC D like you called that one. I drafted them in 2002 to ride the pine as a cheap D behind TB knowing they would dominate this year. How's that for calling my shot?!?!?!)I have 3 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks in 2004, and 2 first rounders in 2005 as well as 2 2nd rounders in 2005.If you want to say my team sucks, feel free.....I would take that as a compliment from the guy that says that Torry Holt is going to go in the crapper and then doesn't have the fortitude to stand up and admit a mistake....

The WW is an invaluable tool to the FFB owner.  For someone not to use it because he's the "draftmaster" is just moronic.  Even more so when that person is not even close to the "draftmaster."  I didn't realize that this guy was this much of an idiot.  Doesn't seem as fun bashing him when he truly doesn't have any knowledge.
Fan, you and I have occasionally been at FF odds, but we are in complete agreement on the fact that Bristol displayed extraordinary fantasy football ignorance in denegrating the worth of the WW.Good WW work is the most effective method for overcome injuries, and ignoring emerging talent (like CJohn and DDriver last year and Anquan, Rudi, and DD this year) that resides on the WW is demonstrative of an unskilled FF player.I really had no more to say than what you did, but I am going to have fun bumping this with any little comments I can. Anyone who missed this thread should jump on in.Hindsight being 20-20 is the name of the game Bristol has created, so feel free to pile on.
Thanks Smelvin....I think that not using the WW thing is the funniest (and saddest) thing I've seen in a while. That's just ridiculous. The WW is a weapon everyone in any given league can use to his (or her) advantage. To deny yourself that weapon is just plain stupid. It's sort of like Bristol coming to this battle of wits completely unarmed!!! :brush:

It's sort of like Bristol coming to this battle of wits completely unarmed!!! :brush:
After reading your post prior to this one, I was just about to use this line.In that post you discuss predictions and that you had good predictions for performance - I was going to say that you are arguing on his level, but that it is unfair to engage in a battle of successful predictions against an unarmed man.Which highlights the most important post from last night, from sjslacker:
Just so everyone can be clear, can you restate your words so no one can twist them? I just want everyone to be on the same page. Holt's production will go down with Faulk back?DD is an abberation? (how many solid games does it take before he's no longer an abberation? And Sunday's 100 combined yards on the road vs Buff is a solid game no matter how you want to spin that) Is leading MVP canidate McNair still lucky?Boldin still not worth a WW pickup?
Unless I hear differently, I will assume these are the predictions of Bristol's that we are working on from here on out. The last two I don't know anything about, but it is the first two that are at issue for me b/c they are the ones made in the last three weeks. So, far, so wrong, for Mr. Bristol.I am making a challenge - this will be bumped every day until next Sunday afternoon - it's a one-game takes all. I think each of these players has already proved themselves and Bristol's being pig-headed, but I am willing to end this by hammering the point home and allow Bristol to save some face.If DDavis gets another 100 combined yardage, with over 75 yards of that being rush yardage, and if Torry Holt catches a TD reception and has over 50 yards receiving, Bristol must add a one-week signature about being wrong about these players, signature to be agreed upon by consensus (Shark Pool poll) afterwards, but under no circumstances will the signature assessed violate the FBGuys' credo of "be excellent to each other." This will stay in football, and will not ever be personal.In exchange, if those players do NOT hit those numbers, not only will I cease bumping this thread, but I will post the simple one-week signature of:"Never cross Bristol, his FF genius is beyond compare"What do you say to a little "signature bet where your mouth is", Bristol?Girl, you thought he was a man, but he only was a muffin!

I think the funniest thing about this is that Bristol still posts in this thread...If he had any sense I guess he would realize how stupid he has been made to look. Oh well....its still entertaining......Poor guy
:yes:

In this league the Bristol plays in where guys like DD, Boldin, et al are not worth a WW pickup for his team, I wonder if other owners have scooped them up. I'd also be interested to know how those teams are faring in comparasin to Bristol's. Maybe even in any head to head matchups they've had.If a team with Boldin or DD beats Bristol on any given week, is that team then just "Lucky"?

I am making a challenge - this will be bumped every day until next Sunday afternoon - it's a one-game takes all.
Sorry smlevin, but I would rather just keep hammering away on this for as long as possible. The fact that Bristol keeps coming back for more just cracks me up. I don't want that to end. So I won't be agreeing to any sig bet. I'll just continue to rip Bristol for making such bad predictions and then not admitting that they are bad.....Cracks me up....I'm sure Bristol will want to jump all over this and call me out for not taking it, which is just fine. See I can sit back and ride on my reputation. He can't....

Sorry smlevin, but I would rather just keep hammering away on this for as long as possible. The fact that Bristol keeps coming back for more just cracks me up. I don't want that to end. So I won't be agreeing to any sig bet. I'll just continue to rip Bristol for making such bad predictions and then not admitting that they are bad.....Cracks me up....I'm sure Bristol will want to jump all over this and call me out for not taking it, which is just fine. See I can sit back and ride on my reputation. He can't....
Yes, this is just a way for Bristol to take ME out of the game. You all are free to do whatever you want. My promise is that if the bet is NOT taken, I will be here, bumping this thread every Sunday through Tuesday.

Yes, this is just a way for Bristol to take ME out of the game. You all are free to do whatever you want. My promise is that if the bet is NOT taken, I will be here, bumping this thread every Sunday through Tuesday.
Don't worry, this will still be bumped for the rest of the season and beyond. It's not just about Holt anymore, it's about DD, Boldin, McNair, etc. So anytime any of those guys rocks the house I'm going to be pointing it out....Ain't life grand? :thumbup: :lol:

Who has lost credibility? Not I!!Funny how this thread didn't get bumped until AFTER Holt played today. Any REAL man with a REAL sack would have bumped it long before the game started. I would have bumped it but I was gone most of the morning and just got home. I knew you sackless underlings would bump it to page one once it APPEARED that I was proven wrong.The case in point is that this debate will only be settled at the end of the season. We can go back and forth week after week with this. Let's wait until the season ends and compare Holt's numbers with Faulk to without and I GUARANTEE that they will be WORSE with Faulk back.P.S.Thanks for the fan club and support Fucla. Looks like I am the runaway victor!!! Thanks!! :thumbup: :brush:
Tory Holt's numbers with Marshall Faulk out of the lineup:5 games735 yds.7 TDsThis breaks down to 147 yds/game and 1.4 TDs/game. If you project that out to 16 full games, that would be 2324 yards and 22 TDs.It doesn't take much "sack" to say that Holt can't continue that kind of production. The real question is:How much does he drop off?And the corollary question:Is it the return of Faulk that causes the change, or is it a return to the norm?I'll stick with my answers: Holt falls off, but is still a top-3 receiver the rest of the way. And this is not due to Faulk - I don't think Faulk's return hurts Holt.

Actually, at some point, Bristol clarified his position on this, so our observation is the decline in Holt's TDs in side the redzone which, according to Bristol, is Faulk-territory.If Holt still gets looks in the red zone, Bristol's theory is fairly well trounced regarding Holt. And, I'd say another fine week (the 6th in a row by my counting) from DDavis would thoroughly dispel the "flash in the pan" assessment Bristol gave to that player.

Hey, this hindsight thing is awesome!I would strongly recommend next year that anyone who drafts Jamal Lewis trade him at the end of Sept.Sept avg: 153yds, 1.25 TDsAfter Sep avg: 106yds, .33 TDsNow that I think about it, I bet I coulda won every year using this hindsight thing. Why wasn't this promoted at the beginning of the year? :confused:

Hate to see this thread go to page 2....so instead of starting a new on I will just post here.Any word on Torry's ankle?

Hate to see this thread go to page 2....so instead of starting a new on I will just post here.Any word on Torry's ankle?
camperguy01 - excellent!On this topic, keep an eye on the Blogger towards Thursday. Holt said he would not miss time b/c of an ankle injury, but effectiveness is the big question mark. How will the hirt ankle affect his ability to get separation? It would be great if he could go full bore b/c the AZ defense is a tasty defense to both run and pass against.Faulk and Bulger will both make excellent plays this weekend.

Don't worry, this will still be bumped for the rest of the season and beyond. It's not just about Holt anymore, it's about DD, Boldin, McNair, etc. So anytime any of those guys rocks the house I'm going to be pointing it out....Ain't life grand? :thumbup: :lol:
Just as I will bump your "expert" analysis of Jamal Lewis. :thumbup: Oh yeah...It will also be great to put your "great" team in my signature for all to see. That will really look good for your so called "rep"It's open season fellas!!! Watch your step!!!

Unless I hear differently, I will assume these are the predictions of Bristol's that we are working on from here on out. The last two I don't know anything about, but it is the first two that are at issue for me b/c they are the ones made in the last three weeks. So, far, so wrong, for Mr. Bristol.I am making a challenge - this will be bumped every day until next Sunday afternoon - it's a one-game takes all. I think each of these players has already proved themselves and Bristol's being pig-headed, but I am willing to end this by hammering the point home and allow Bristol to save some face.If DDavis gets another 100 combined yardage, with over 75 yards of that being rush yardage, and if Torry Holt catches a TD reception and has over 50 yards receiving, Bristol must add a one-week signature about being wrong about these players, signature to be agreed upon by consensus (Shark Pool poll) afterwards, but under no circumstances will the signature assessed violate the FBGuys' credo of "be excellent to each other." This will stay in football, and will not ever be personal.In exchange, if those players do NOT hit those numbers, not only will I cease bumping this thread, but I will post the simple one-week signature of:"Never cross Bristol, his FF genius is beyond compare"What do you say to a little "signature bet where your mouth is", Bristol?Girl, you thought he was a man, but he only was a muffin!
I figured as much....Way to really hedge your bets there smellvin. IF you actually read my arguement about Holt, I said, and I quote:"Welcome back to the Torry Holt of old (80 yrds receiving and maybe a TD)."You so called "bet" is BOGUS with the stats that you are quoting. I will take you up on it, but you need to bump Holt's production up to your more "realistic" numbers of 125 yards and 2 TD's. After all, isn't that what you all expect?Now let's see if you sack up....I seriously doubt it.... :rolleyes:

Since when does ANYONE expect ANY wr to get 125 and 2 TDs every week?Has Bristol's arguements been smashed so full of holes that he has to resort to name calling and replies that make no sense just to see his name on the board?Hey Smelvin, 80 yards and MAYBE a TD is a realistic offer too. I say Go for his terms on this and you will still win.Holt is having a career year. DD is a waiver wire gold strike and Anaquin has been a solid play for most of the season. I am sad I passed on him in week 1's waiver wire signing.But thanks for the entertaining thread Bristol.

Way to really hedge your bets there smellvin. IF you actually read my arguement about Holt, I said, and I quote:

"Welcome back to the Torry Holt of old (80 yrds receiving and maybe a TD)."

You so called "bet" is BOGUS with the stats that you are quoting. I will take you up on it, but you need to bump Holt's production up to your more "realistic" numbers of 125 yards and 2 TD's. After all, isn't that what you all expect?

Now let's see if you sack up....

I seriously doubt it.... :rolleyes:
I don't know which is more laughable: your gall or the fact that you can't even quote yourself correctly. Allow me to help you:
Posted by Bristol: Nov 1 2003, 03:48 PM

I think it is wishful thinking on most of your parts. Faulk always has and will continue to be the focal point of that offense. It really doesn't matter what rapport Holt has with Bulger at this point. Martz will go back to Faulk over and over again.

Why do you think that Torry Holt was only a yardage WR up until this year? It's because the TD's are reserved for Marshall.

By not looking at the big picture, you are depriving yourself of an opportunity to trade away a high value guy while he still has high value. It's nice to hope that he will maintain his pace and continue to score at will, but in reality, after this week, those days are gone. Sure, it was nice while it lasted, but let's look at things logically.

Welcome back Torry Holt 5 receptions for 80 and 0 TD's!!!
...and here is the link to that statement.That's your prediction, and don't try to backpeddle and sneak "and maybe a TD" into it - you said 0 TDs. Are you going to "sack up" and stand by your pronouncement? My guess is you will not, because now you realize just how foolish it was. :lol:

Way to really hedge your bets there smellvin.  IF you actually read my arguement about Holt, I said, and I quote:

"Welcome back to the Torry Holt of old (80 yrds receiving and maybe a TD)."

You so called "bet" is BOGUS with the stats that you are quoting.  I will take you up on it, but you need to bump Holt's production up to your more "realistic" numbers of 125 yards and 2 TD's.  After all, isn't that what you all expect?

Now let's see if you sack up....

I seriously doubt it.... :rolleyes:
I don't know which is more laughable: your gall or the fact that you can't even quote yourself correctly. Allow me to help you:
Posted by Bristol: Nov 1 2003, 03:48 PM

I think it is wishful thinking on most of your parts. Faulk always has and will continue to be the focal point of that offense. It really doesn't matter what rapport Holt has with Bulger at this point. Martz will go back to Faulk over and over again.

Why do you think that Torry Holt was only a yardage WR up until this year? It's because the TD's are reserved for Marshall.

By not looking at the big picture, you are depriving yourself of an opportunity to trade away a high value guy while he still has high value. It's nice to hope that he will maintain his pace and continue to score at will, but in reality, after this week, those days are gone. Sure, it was nice while it lasted, but let's look at things logically.

Welcome back Torry Holt 5 receptions for 80 and 0 TD's!!!
...and here is the link to that statement.That's your prediction, and don't try to backpeddle and sneak "and maybe a TD" into it - you said 0 TDs. Are you going to "sack up" and stand by your pronouncement? My guess is you will not, because now you realize just how foolish it was. :lol:
No, you are correct. That is what I said. The reason I threw the "maybe" in there is because I didn't have time to waste (like you do) to go back and look at EVERY ONE OF MY BRILLIANT QUOTES!!!Glad that you have taken so much of a liking to my work that you know what I said, where I said it andeven WHEN I said it. GB you low life foreskin fan.

Keep up the great work!!! It makes the heart feel good that you worry soooo much about me and what I say that it absorbs your life. It's almost getting stalker like. I think you need mental help.

If SMELLVIN wants to do the bet, it will be the 125 yards and 2 TD's that he and everyone of you expect. You man enough SMELLVIN?

I will accept the sig bet if you agree to the terms stated above. Like I said before, I won't hold my breath.

You have officially been called out, BOY!!! Be a man for once in your life.

If I lose, I will put the sig that you posted. If I win, just wait and see what will be attached to EVERY one of your posts.

If SMELLVIN wants to do the bet, it will be the 125 yards and 2 TD's that he and everyone of you expect. You man enough SMELLVIN?
Don't go out on a limb or nuthin.... :rolleyes:
Not sure who has the worst avatar: you with the Gay Will Farrell or Matrix with the annoying Stuart Scott.

Listen I called YOU out. My offer is for you to back up YOUR mouth. I don't have anything to prove - my credibility is safe. This isn't about a bet, it is about shutting your mouth once and for all on this topic.I am not expected to have Holt produce huge for my credibility - that was not my argument. But, you need Holt to fall on his face to help yours.There's no dealing here - there was no request for a counter-bet. The bet is as it is. Sack up, and back up your words, you coward. Or back down and admit what we all know about how WRONG you are.Considering I had DDavis' 100 yards combined in there along with the Holt #s, I take more of the risk anyway. My numbers reflect both players scoring at least 10 fantasy points under most leagues' scoring. Look, here's the plain truth. I'm already correct on this. I know it, and the rest of the board knows it. This bet is to seal the deal - all these players have to do is be productive for one more week - and for Holt to score a TD while Marshall Faulk is playing - and my point is not only made repeatedly, but authoritatively.And the deal was clear - the BOARD will be choosing the sig you will use if I lose, I already chose the one I would use: "Never cross Bristol, his FF genius is beyond compare" That is what you get, and that is it.Sack up, Muffin, and take the bet as offered, or up hobbling Holt's #s to 80 yards and a TD, but that is all you get.

So let me get this straight, Torry Holt needs to get 125 yards and 2 TDs or Bristol is right? :confused: Bristol, even you cant take yourself seriously.......At this point I'd ignore all of Bristol's wild babbling Smelvin, because he's just grasping at straws. Although this thread is still very entertaining. :rotflmao:

It's 10 plus years of playing this game.
Does this mean anyone with more years playing fantasy football has more knowledge than you?Just curious.

Here are Holt's stats to date:

75/1140/10

On AVERAGE that's 7.5 receptions a game, 114 yards a game, and 1 TD a game. The only other WR with similar numbers so far this year is Randy Moss (67/1023/10). No one else is close to those numbers (Santana Moss is next on the list but he's only got 47/793/9).

If you take those numbers and average them out for the rest of the year you're looking at:

120/1824/16

Even if he only reaches 80% of that average over the next six weeks (96/1459/12 for the mathematically challenged) that is still a very good season in fantasy. You've been playing fantasy for 10 years now so you should know this already. Not many players over the past 10 years have posted potential numbers like this. Let's go back to 98-99 when the Pack was rolling. Freeman "only" had 74/1424/14 - he was the leading receiver that year on a team that had NO rushing game (Derrick Holmes was the leading rusher with 386 yards).

Holt has been consistent so far. Since you can't predict the future, all you can do is go back and look at the past. Holt has been a solid player even when Faulk is healthy and playing. Without Faulk, Holt may get some more looks but he is still a top WR in the NFL when Faulk is in the lineup. In fact it may make Holt more dangerous since opposing defenses have to cover more good players.

Let's look at the two games that Faulk has been back:

Week 10 - 20 attempts for 48 yards 2 TD's / 3 receptions for 6 yards

Week 11 - 20 attempts for 103 yards and 0 TD's / 3 receptions for 21 yards

Average - 20 attempts for 75.5 yards and 1 TD / 3 recpetions for 13.5 yards

Here are Holt's numbers for those same two weeks:

Week 10 - 3 receptions for 38 yards and 0 TD's

Week 11 - 9 receptions for 124 yards and 1 TD

Average - 6 receptions for 81 yards and .5 TD's

Those two averages are not that far apart considering Holt was "supposed" to fall on his face with Faulk coming back.

Looks like when the offense stunk up the joint against Baltimore, every player sucked. Sure Faulk had the 2 TD's but they were thanks in part to good defense/ST play and he had to rush a whole 2 yards for them. Not all that impressive considering it's the almighty Marshall Faulk. Week 11 against the Bears the offense picked up and both players seemed to do very good. If you were to take this info and project it into the future it would suggest that both players live and die by what the total offense does. If Faulk has a good game, Holt seems to have a good game. If Faulk has a bad game, then Holt has a bad game.

Overall, it's not enough data to say one way or another but so far after two games, Holt hasn't fallen on his face like you suggested.

Are you the same guy who had the whole thread on Stephen Davis going bust?

PS - 80 yards and a tuddie every week from Holt would be fine by me and probably the rest of the Holt owners. In my league that's 9 points. I'll take that every week. Since that is your "modified" prediction, I'll hold you to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad that you have taken so much of a liking to my work that you know what I said, where I said it andeven WHEN I said it. GB you low life foreskin fan.
Took about a 15 second search to find what you've said - its really not that difficult or inconvenient considering how often you come back for more. That's the great things about these boards...those "I never said that" arguers like you can be called out with no recourse but to face the music or try to reinvent the meaning of pretty straightforward statements (and take the heat that comes with it). As for your "foreskin" comments, while the Redskins have been in a funk for a few years at least we have those 3 SB victories to hang our hats on :P Your beloved Eagles got a whiff one year, and that's about it. Is that the reason for all your pent up anger and lashing out? :cry:

Yet another pearl from our boy thefanatic

Posted April 30, 2003 Regarding Jamal Lewis:I believe that it's possible that he could crack the top 5. Is it likely? Not very.
THIS IS FUN!!! Gotta love it!!!
Wanna see the rest of that post?
I believe that it's possible that he could crack the top 5. Is it likely? Not very. He had impressive #'s last year considering he was coming off major surgery. I can't see how he would not improve on those #'s as long as he remains healthy. Top 5, probably not. 7-8-9 range is very possible...
LinkNotice how Bristol conveniently leaves out the link and the rest of the post? I was so high on the guy improving on his 12-13 range from the year before that I traded for him in the offseason. I think my prediction is pretty solid. Currently he is the #3 RB in my league by a single point. If LT hadn't tanked on Sunday Jamal would be 4th. I would say that my prediction is pretty solid. And compared to the Holt going into the tank prediction, I'm right on....

Glad that you have taken so much of a liking to my work that you know what I said, where I said it andeven WHEN I said it. GB you low life foreskin fan.
Took about a 15 second search to find what you've said - its really not that difficult or inconvenient considering how often you come back for more. That's the great things about these boards...those "I never said that" arguers like you can be called out with no recourse but to face the music or try to reinvent the meaning of pretty straightforward statements (and take the heat that comes with it). As for your "foreskin" comments, while the Redskins have been in a funk for a few years at least we have those 3 SB victories to hang our hats on :P Your beloved Eagles got a whiff one year, and that's about it. Is that the reason for all your pent up anger and lashing out? :cry:
He is an Eagle fan? Well, that explains everything. :yes: He is choking just like his team has for years.

I finally decided to open this thread. :ph34r: ...don't know what took me so long. :excited:
I don't either - and that's the point.Until Bristol realizes and admits to being wrong, more and more "board vets" will have an opportunity to see him for what he is.Funniest thing - he can so easily save all of his face and get credibility rejuvenation, but, instead, he chooses to go on the attack. This will be a daily bump, an evening bump, and repeated bumping after the St Lou and Houston games.

I finally decided to open this thread. :ph34r: ...don't know what took me so long. :excited:
:thumbup: This is more entertaining than most of the FFA threads today. Bristol & RKade are making a lot of friends in the Shark Pool. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread