What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tough roster choices this week (1 Viewer)

Foureyes

Footballguy
All of my injured players are coming back this week...and my ww replacement players are still looking pretty good. Not sure who to trust, who to switch and who to stay with. Standard scoring 1/2 PPR and I need to start any 4 of these...

DJohnson vs Denv

JWhite @ Chi

Yeldon vs HOu

Gronk @ Chi

DCook @ Jets

Golladay @ Mia

TYHilton vs Buff

Which four play and which three ride the pine? Thanks for help...

I'd eliminate Cook first thing. I'll have to see him before I play him. Willing to bet he will be on a snap count if he does go this week.

Denver's defense has been struggling against the run and defenses seem to struggle the most with the short weeks. I'll take DJ for sure. 

I believe my four would be DJ, Hilton, Gronk, and Golladay.

Here is what I would do:

DJohnson vs Denv - Start.  Denver has given up back to back games of over 200 yds rushing.  That's not a team total that is an individual total.  Gurley and Crowell each had over 200 yds rushing.  I think DJ will do just fine.

JWhite @ Chi - NE seems to have finally stabilized roles for their RB's.  White is being used and should keep it going.  Start him.

Yeldon vs HOu - Seems to be dinged.  Doesn't get consistent touches even when Fournette is out.  Sit.

Gronk @ Chi - Always start

DCook @ Jets - I have to see a game before I put him in my lineup.  He sits.

Golladay @ Mia - Been the best WR on Detroit and it's not close.  I start him every game.

TYHilton vs Buff - Don't trust the hammie.  He has to get through a game before I put him in the lineup.  Sit

I'd rank them:

Johnson>White>Gronk>Yeldon>Cook>Golladay>Hilton

So if you don't need to start a WR, I'd go 3 RB's and 1 TE.

I'd rank them:

Johnson>White>Gronk>Yeldon>Cook>Golladay>Hilton

So if you don't need to start a WR, I'd go 3 RB's and 1 TE.
What is your rationale for Cook being over Golladay?

Golladay has been a low end WR1 all season and Cook is injured coming off an injury that already cost him a partial game coming back too soon.  I wouldn't trust putting him in the lineup until he can get through a game.

What is your rationale for Cook being over Golladay?

Golladay has been a low end WR1 all season and Cook is injured coming off an injury that already cost him a partial game coming back too soon.  I wouldn't trust putting him in the lineup until he can get through a game.
I think the Vikings learned their lesson about bringing Cook back too early. if he is active, its with the idea that he is fully healthy and ready for 20 touches. If he isn't ready for that, I doubt he's active. 

I also think Golladay will mostly draw Howard, who is Miami's only good CB. Golladay feels more like a WR2 this week to me. I think Tate is the Lions WR who has the bigger game.

Of course, I had David Johnson at the top of the list, so I could be 100% wrong.

I think the Vikings learned their lesson about bringing Cook back too early. if he is active, its with the idea that he is fully healthy and ready for 20 touches. If he isn't ready for that, I doubt he's active. 

I also think Golladay will mostly draw Howard, who is Miami's only good CB. Golladay feels more like a WR2 this week to me. I think Tate is the Lions WR who has the bigger game.

Of course, I had David Johnson at the top of the list, so I could be 100% wrong.
Me too....hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread