What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Offer for Dalvin Cook - WHIR (1 Viewer)

sm28185

Footballguy
12 team H2H league (ESPN) - standard scoring (not PPR)

My team (5-3, 3rd place):

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Philip Rivers

RB - Alex Collins, Kenyan Drake, Aaron Jones, Peyton Barber, Doug Martin
WR - Julio Jones, Odell Beckham Jr., Emmanuel Sanders, Julian Edelman

TE - Eric Ebron

D/ST - Pittsburgh (I stream week-to-week)

Other team (2-6, 11th place):

QB - Drew Brees, Jared Goff

RB - Kareem Hunt, Dalvin Cook, Latavius Murray
WR - Jordy Nelson, Calvin Ridley, Tyler Boyd, Tyrell Williams

TE - Zach Ertz

D/ST - Jacksonville

Give - Pittsburgh / Kenyan Drake

Get - Jacksonville / Dalvin Cook / Jordy Nelson

The other guy offered this trade to me. I can see the benefits long-term if Cook is healthy after the bye week, but is this too much of a gamble and bad for me short-term? My gut says to get Murray as well for insurance.

WHIR - post links in response

Yea, don't do it without Murray, throw in one of your WR's as a sweetener that he can't pass up on, i.e. Edelman

What about this? To get Murray for this week and as insurance. Don't think the D/ST mean anything because I still need a starter for this week.

Give - Kenyan Drake + Doug Martin/Peyton Barber?

Get - Dalvin Cook + Latavius Murray

I am not sure why the other guy would do that but the original offer didn't make any sense to me either.  I would offer it up and see if he bites.  You have to get Murray in any deal so you are sure of a playing RB. 

I would agree with Gally but I don't trust Martin or Barber (although I suspect both would be decent flex options). Just depends on how much you agree on the upside of Cook. Minnesota has one of the easier remaining schedules on the season and they are becoming a bit more balanced on offense running the ball more of late. But, yeah, make sure you get Murray to protect yourself in this trade.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771926-looking-to-improve-my-roster-for-the-stretch-runworth-make-any-adjustments-will-help-in-return/

I am not sure why the other guy would do that but the original offer didn't make any sense to me either.  I would offer it up and see if he bites.  You have to get Murray in any deal so you are sure of a playing RB. 
This and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread