What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Offer (1 Viewer)

jmble

Footballguy
12 team Best Ball league.  Passing TDs worth four.  1 point ppr

I was just offered Russell Wilson and Calvin Ridley for Jacoby Brissett and TY Hilton.

This is a no brainer right?  Am I not thinking of something?  Did Russell Wilson die last night and this guy is trying to beat me to the news?

Actually in a best ball format depending on who your other QB's on the roster are I might rather have the stack of Brissett and Hilton.   Seahawks are going to try and run, run, run, and run.  If you have a solid QB already on your roster that gives you a solid baseline score each week having the stack could be advantageous throughout the year.  Hilton will still have a couple monster games and Brissett will be the beneficiary. 

If this was a standard league then I would agree it is an easy accept.  However, in a best ball I think I keep Hilton. 

Actually in a best ball format depending on who your other QB's on the roster are I might rather have the stack of Brissett and Hilton.   Seahawks are going to try and run, run, run, and run.  If you have a solid QB already on your roster that gives you a solid baseline score each week having the stack could be advantageous throughout the year.  Hilton will still have a couple monster games and Brissett will be the beneficiary. 

If this was a standard league then I would agree it is an easy accept.  However, in a best ball I think I keep Hilton. 
We are still in the middle of an auction draft.  No salary cap other than for the auction so price won't matter.

My team currently as stands:  Deshaun Watson, Jacoby Brissett   RB - Kamara, Aaron Jones, Barber  WR - Hilton, Landry, Moncrief  K - Lutz, Def - Jaguars  Still have eight slots to fill.

We are still in the middle of an auction draft.  No salary cap other than for the auction so price won't matter.

My team currently as stands:  Deshaun Watson, Jacoby Brissett   RB - Kamara, Aaron Jones, Barber  WR - Hilton, Landry, Moncrief  K - Lutz, Def - Jaguars  Still have eight slots to fill.
Based on that I keep Hilton.  You are fine at QB and I don't think Wilson upgrades you much at all because of Watson.  I see Ridley as a downgrade from Hilton. 

Based on that I keep Hilton.  You are fine at QB and I don't think Wilson upgrades you much at all because of Watson.  I see Ridley as a downgrade from Hilton. 
That actually makes sense.  Also explains why he is making the offer.  He has Patrick Mahomes at QB and his only receivers right now are Josh Gordon and Calvin Ridley.  He looks like he's going for exactly the strategy you laid out.

Users who are viewing this thread