What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade thoughts (1 Viewer)

swabs

Footballguy
12 team dynasty league, 1.5 ppr for TE, 1 for WR, 0.5 for RB.  1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex.

I get Abdullah, Doctson, Patterson, 2.02.  Them: H. Henry, Marvin Jones, Jonathan Williams.

Cordarrelict My Balls

Fitzpatrick, Ryan NYJ QB177.811

Glennon, Mike TBB QB9.86

Newton, Cam CAR QB (Q)305.67

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB (Q)94.511

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB (R)311.47

Ivory, Chris JAC RB (Q)84.55

Agholor, Nelson PHI WR (Q)98.64

Allen, Keenan SDC WR (Q)12.311

Bryant, Martavis PIT WR (S)-8

Cobb, Randall GBP WR159.04

Gordon, Josh CLE WR (S)-13

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR209.49

Jones, Marvin DET WR172.310

Moncrief, Donte IND WR (Q)106.610

Richardson, Paul SEA WR67.65

Sanu, Mohamed ATL WR150.811

Ebron, Eric DET TE176.710

Henry, Hunter SDC TE (R)150.311

Swoope, Erik IND TE65.210

Aguayo, Roberto TBB PK (R)108.96

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK (Q)142.19

Lutz, Wil NOS PK (R)149.15

Taxi Squad

Williams, Jonathan BUF RB (R)14.910

Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR (R) (Q)4.56

Hmmm, that's a tough one. Te premium Henry is probably the most valuable piece. Who knows what the lions do at rb this offseason, but Abdullah hasn't been the answer so far. Patterson is a nice return man, but I don't think he's fantasy relevant or heading that way. Doctson was dissappointing as a rookie, and is going on 24. A lot of people liked Williams going into last year. 

Doctson>Henry (based on draft status, Henry seems like the better prospect at this point.)

jones=Abdullah/2.02- as a lions fan id say both of them are flex plays. 

Patterson for Williams- not going to let this stand in the way if I like the rest of the trade. 

Id say if you're a doctson believer then you have a pretty fair trade, but I think you're taking on a lot of risk. Henry and jones will be usable players next year, and Williams could have a role if/when McCoy gets banged up. The guys you get are all highly drafted ????.

I am not a big fan of Abdullah (too fragile and doesn't take care of the ball).   Doctson is a question mark and Jones really faded.  I really like Henry a lot and believe he is the best piece of the deal.  I would stay put.

I prefer the side getting Henry and Jones but I'm not a Doctson believer.  It's not a lopsided trade by any means though.

My thoughts are I want to get Abdullah while his price is lower.  He was looking good before his injury.  Patterson has almost no value right now, but is a free agent and on a team that actually used him could be a steal.  Doctson has a good chance of being a starter next season if healthy.  So the theme of this trade would be adding some upside.  This is also a good draft for TE and I have Ebron, so Henry is a piece I'm ok with getting rid of.  

My reply is that Doctson is a huge unknown.  He still isn't healthy.  He is a big question mark.  At least, a bigger question mark than Henry who looks like could have a big future.  It's fine and all that you see upside in CP but is it higher than Marvin Jones?  Marvin tailed off but was off to a huge start this last season.  I think it's more likely that CP continues his career as a big return guy and a gimmick guy on offense.  He hasn't shown to have WR skills that would make him a good WR.  There are articles out there that I saw today talking about how Abdullah is a role player type of RB and not an every down RB.  Zenner played much better than Abdullah did this year when given the chance.  If you are a believer in all the question marks of Abdullah, CP and Doctson than go ahead, the deal makes sense.  I think most of the responses are saying they would feel more comfortable with Henry in a TE premium league and Jones over the question marks.

I'll never understand why people post in here for advice and when the advice doesn't match their thinking they feel they need to defend their position?  The advice you are getting is it's a bad trade for you.  You don't need to follow it or defend your choice.  You got the views of independent parties so either follow it or don't.

Sorry for stating my point of view?  Why so angry?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for independent views on a trade you are considering what is the importance of your view?  You are looking for what others think.  Myself, Gally and Snorkelson take our time to give our thoughts.  Your view is irrelevant.  You came here asking for what others thought.  So far, 3 say the Hunter Henry side wins and nobody says the other side wins.

Abdullah's price will probably get lower. Coming from a lions fan- here's why: even if at 100%, he's not getting 60% of the work. Maybe he gets a bump in return ydg leagues. He's in a timeshare, that's only changing if they draft a back early, thus ending the timeshare.

Patterson might turn into what, Mike Wallace light? Devin Hester is more likely his outlook, Josh cribbs is another comparison. I bet he is available on your ww later this offseason.

Doctson might earn a starting spot if he stays healthy and djax leaves and garçon leaves and then will likely be 3rd in line for targets, assuming he can play in the NFL at all. Lot of ifs to get to 120 targets.

A good draft for te- you have a good young te.  2 good te. Both of these tes have room to grow, and if they do their value will skyrocket.

Its good to see where your thinking is, that way we can tell you to get your head out of your $&@@%. Just kidding- we are taking time to add insight beyond "I don't like it" but as stated it isn't lopsided, we all just like the other side better. We all think you could get those guys cheaper or be in better shape staying put. You ask for advice, you'll get it here like it or not! Good luck with whatever you do. And don't mind warhogs, when you get to 6000 posts you'll understand where he's coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread