What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading Foles for Maclin and McCown (1 Viewer)

dirtyd30z

Footballguy
Hey guys,

I'm league Commish and there has already been a trade requested. I cannot see how this trade makes any sense or let it be fair to the league. I usually approve trades, but this trade doesnt seem fair to anybody in the league. Can anybody see the positive of this trade going thru?

Player A current roster: Foles/Lynch/Martin/Cruz/Crabtree. QB2: Stafford QB3: Kaepernick Other WRs: Shorts/Bowe/Austin

Player B current roser: Dalton/Charles/Bush/Nelson/White/Spiller QB2: McCown Other WRs: White/ Maclin/ Cooper

How can I justify letting this trade go thru? Can you? Any input good or bad is appreciated. Thanks.

What's wrong with it?

Don't be 'that' commish.

Actually it would be better if you took off commish approval for trades and let people manage their own teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
So someone drafted Stafford, Foles, AND Kaepernick?

Either way, it's not an unfair trade. Maclin and Foles have a similar ADP, and McCown is a low-end #2 QB.

A is talent heavy at QB, WR poor; B is WR heavy and QB poor.

How is this not benefiting both?

Assume A will have to drop one to open roster spot, so he is also losing another player.

i dont get it... why would he want mccown when he has stafford and kap already.... it doesnt look like anything more than a bad trade from a dumb owner

It depends on the individual League, but every League I've ever founded, Commissioned or been in, it's been one of the Commish's duties to 'preserve the integrity of the League' - however, I don't think this means being heavy-handed interfering with commerce between Owners unless a large majority of Owners approaches you with a concern. Otherwise, they've paid for their Team, it's theirs to manage. The only exception being collusion...

...where you have to take a heavy-handed approach, in my opinion, is in clearly defining exactly what your League is (as in, a code of conduct that all Owners agree to), so you can eliminate as much grey area, middle ground and 'open to interpretation' as possible, and every Owner knows what's expected and where they stand when it comes to engaging in predatory behavior (or not - I'm not condemning anything here; I'm in both cutthroat Leagues and gentlemen's Leagues, and have no problem with either).

...and constantly evaluating and re-evaluating the quality/acumen of the Ownership base, which includes having a pipeline of potential replacement Owners, and the balls to remove an Owner if they show a transactional track record that indicates they aren't on the same level as the rest of the group - as in, they repeatedly engage in transactions that have the other Owners complaining (except the Owner who took advantage of the League ATM, of course), that throw the League out of balance, or otherwise disrupt the integrity of the League.

In almost all cases, I've found that if you have an Ownership group whose acumen level is relatively equal across the board, and allow them to police themselves as much as possible, most problems of this sort are minimized.

Any league where a commissioner, or other owners, wish to reject a non-collusive (e.g., cheating) trade between two consenting owners, is not a league worth investing one's time.

Hey guys,

I'm league Commish and there has already been a trade requested. I cannot see how this trade makes any sense or let it be fair to the league. I usually approve trades, but this trade doesnt seem fair to anybody in the league. Can anybody see the positive of this trade going thru?

Player A current roster: Foles/Lynch/Martin/Cruz/Crabtree. QB2: Stafford QB3: Kaepernick Other WRs: Shorts/Bowe/Austin

Player B current roser: Dalton/Charles/Bush/Nelson/White/Spiller QB2: McCown Other WRs: White/ Maclin/ Cooper

How can I justify letting this trade go thru? Can you? Any input good or bad is appreciated. Thanks.
Are you that worried about B upgrading from Dalton to Foles, especially when he's giving up his #3 WR to do it?

It's a fair deal.

i dont get it... why would he want mccown when he has stafford and kap already.... it doesnt look like anything more than a bad trade from a dumb owner
What? He doesn't want McCown, he wants Maclin.
you said he got maclin AND mccown... im questioning why he wanted mccown instead of cooper or another non QB
Have you ever traded before? Of course he would want Maclin and Cooper if he could get them. Hell, why don't we question why he wanted Maclin instead of Charles?

you said he got maclin AND mccown... im questioning why he wanted mccown instead of cooper or another non QB
Have you ever traded before? Of course he would want Maclin and Cooper if he could get them. Hell, why don't we question why he wanted Maclin instead of Charles?
wtf is wrong with you? i pose a perfectly legitimate question as to why someone who has stafford and kap would be trading FOR josh mccown and i get crapped on...

wtf is wrong with you? i pose a perfectly legitimate question as to why someone who has stafford and kap would be trading FOR josh mccown and i get crapped on...
He wasn't trading for McCown. McCown was just a throw-in. There's nothing wrong with getting throw-ins at positions you're already strong at. It leaves you a lot of flexibility. Now he can dangle one of Kaep/Stafford if he wants to.

First punch yourself in the face and then Please quit as commish of your league and give it to someone more responsible. There is nothing wrong with that trade at all and the fact you are even questioning a fair trade worries me when a lopsided deal goes thru.

Hey guys,

I will try to help ya out here..

The Foles owner is possibly concerned w Crabtree, and likes the upside of Maclin? Im not sure if this is possible, but I could see a person changing their opinion of both Foles and Stafford. Stafford could be the man, as per reports..

The Dalton Owner has to CYA because of all the GameManager talk of having a Run first Team Is that supposed to be Roddy? Why listed twice? Anyway I could see the Dalton owner figuring one if not both Dalton / Foles will put up numbers fwiw McCown will probably enjoy some game managing too..

Basically Im in agreement w the Dr. which side you think getting shafted?

p.s. Normally I like to see the whole team, but in this case I think the RBs kinda do more harm than good. I mean I hope you aint expecting to see a counter suggested

Users who are viewing this thread