What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading OBJ - Do I accept any of these offers? (1 Viewer)

chasyone

Footballguy
10 team, 2 keeper, no ppr, start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX,K,DEF. Can only keep players drafted rounds 7-18(k = keeper eligible)

My Roster

k-Big Ben, k- Watson, k-Smith

McCoy, Kelley, Rodgers, k -Carson, k -Buck Allen

k-Odell, Cooks, Watkins, k-Garçon, k Moncrief

Kelce, k- Howard

I know I need an obvious upgrade at RB. Any of these offers look good for me?

Offer 1- k-Winston and Jordy for Odell and Ben

Offer 2- k-Hilton and Melvin Gordon for Odell

Offer 3- Dez or Hopkins and k-Freeman for Odell and Carson

Offer 4- k-Michael Thomas and Fournette for Odell and ?

Happy to answer any question. Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
Offer 3 is what I would do and get Dez over Hopkins. Offer 4 is the mystery since you left it open ended. My logic with this is Odell is a top 3 WR but is he a top WR when hurt? He has an injury and is going to be most likely rushed back. This is concerning because chance of reinjury is high. Dez will have a slow start but, he's healthy and will be in the top 12 and be a WR1 for you plus you get a RB1. Sounds good, Carson is a upside play that hasn't yet materialized.

Please leave an opinion

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/760361-dalvin-cookty-hilton-for-baldwinpowell-or-carson/

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously the keepers are multi-year, but how long? 3 years, 4, forever?

If there's a time limit on keepers I'd lean #3. You're getting an elite WR1 back for your elite WR1 plus a 25-year-old stud that should give you a solid 2-3 more years of RB1 value. In your format RBs are significantly more valuable than WRs so this is huge for you.

If you can keep players forever, you have to lean #4. OBJ is massively valuable in a keep-forever format and there's no way I'd deal him without getting a WR back who's as young or younger and as good or close to it ... that pretty much narrows it down to Evans and Thomas. Fournette as a stud RB1 who can help you win this year more than closes the gap in my mind between Thomas and OBJ. I'd be happy to send him any non-Shady RB or any non-Cooks WR to complete the package.

I'd go with option 4, as long as you're other throw in isn't of a lot of value.  I don't think Thomas is a big step down, and Fournette is a big step up at RB.

I don't like any of these offers.  You have OBJ as a keeper (although you didn't specify how long you can keep him).  None of these offers provide you with anything close to keep in OBJ's place. 

Obviously the keepers are multi-year, but how long? 3 years, 4, forever?

If there's a time limit on keepers I'd lean #3. You're getting an elite WR1 back for your elite WR1 plus a 25-year-old stud that should give you a solid 2-3 more years of RB1 value. In your format RBs are significantly more valuable than WRs so this is huge for you.

If you can keep players forever, you have to lean #4. OBJ is massively valuable in a keep-forever format and there's no way I'd deal him without getting a WR back who's as young or younger and as good or close to it ... that pretty much narrows it down to Evans and Thomas. Fournette as a stud RB1 who can help you win this year more than closes the gap in my mind between Thomas and OBJ. I'd be happy to send him any non-Shady RB or any non-Cooks WR to complete the package.
I can keep OBJ forever

Not particularly high on any of these offers. However, if pressed I would go with option 4. You have seen what Odell can be with a subpar QB but what happens to Thomas if Brees leaves next season? No one knows of course but Odell is in a whole different class imo and is the best keeper out of any of the offers you received. If you want to win this year, I say go with option 4 since your depth behind McCoy is pretty shallow and the addition of Fournette will be great for this season.  

Not particularly high on any of these offers. However, if pressed I would go with option 4. You have seen what Odell can be with a subpar QB but what happens to Thomas if Brees leaves next season? No one knows of course but Odell is in a whole different class imo and is the best keeper out of any of the offers you received. If you want to win this year, I say go with option 4 since your depth behind McCoy is pretty shallow and the addition of Fournette will be great for this season.  
Great thinking on Brees, but Manning is getting up there in age as well.

Offers 1 and 2 are out of the question. 3 and 4 are doable but I'd lean more towards #4 with a scrum like Allen as the second part of the package.

Not particularly high on any of these offers. However, if pressed I would go with option 4. You have seen what Odell can be with a subpar QB but what happens to Thomas if Brees leaves next season?
If you think Thomas is in the truly elite class of WRs, he'll be able to transcend his level of QB play. If you don't, you shouldn't be dealing OBJ for him in the first place.

If you think Thomas is in the truly elite class of WRs, he'll be able to transcend his level of QB play. If you don't, you shouldn't be dealing OBJ for him in the first place.
"..Odell is in a whole different class imo.."

I do not believe Thomas is in the elite class that OBJ is in, however I would trade OBJ for MThomas and Fournette to have a more complete team and a solid keeper for next year. I agree that a near elite WR should still transcend poor QB play but Hopkins too fit the mold and has not been able to overcome the play of his QBs.

"..Odell is in a whole different class imo.."

I do not believe Thomas is in the elite class that OBJ is in, however I would trade OBJ for MThomas and Fournette to have a more complete team and a solid keeper for next year. I agree that a near elite WR should still transcend poor QB play but Hopkins too fit the mold and has not been able to overcome the play of his QBs.
Yeah, that's the question here. Is Thomas closer to OBJ or closer to Nuk/A-Rob? If you think the former, you take deal 4. If the latter, you don't deal him for any package not involving the words "Mike" and "Evans".

I don't think it puts him over the top.....losing OBJ hurts A LOT.  His team is decent and should make the playoffs, but I think the odds of him winning are low.

I would just stay put.

The owner with offer 4 wanted me to throw in McCoy and he would throw in CJ Anderson. I turned it down and sent back Odell and J Rodgers for Thomas and Fournette. He hasn't responded so I'm sure it's a no

I think I'm gonna take offer 3. I get Dez and Freeman. Freeman is a keeper and the upgrade at RB I need 

Assuming that McCoy dies at the end of the season due to all time record touches I'd be moving to upgrade my rbs quickly.  4 looks to be a good option with 2 ascending players for one top player.  One more top game for Fournette and you might be able to trade him for any player you like.  

Users who are viewing this thread