What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's position rankings as of June 12th (1 Viewer)

wrt Goff, there’s really no logical reason to be wildly optimistic he vaults himself into elite status.
There's one poster that if you took what he says as fact, would make the Lions the team to beat each of the last two seasons and this upcoming season. I mean Goff is a solid NFL QB, but he's hardly a fantasy asset. Seems odd to get upset that these rushing QBs have been ranked ahead of him.

They are the favorites to win the NFC North, which is kind of amazing by itself. It has literally never happened - it was still known as the NFC Central when they won their last division title 30 years ago. But I think objectively they are better than CHI, GB & MIN - which is maybe not saying a lot.

That seems reasonable. They finished strong, addressed their biggest needs in free agency, took some immediate impact draft picks (in unconventional fashion.) I think the open question is how their roster stacks up against the other upper echelon teams in the NFC: Eagle, 49ers, maybe the Cowboys.

It's a weak division and they're in the weaker conference so it's not crazy to think they're a top 8 team. The expectation is simply playing in the divisional round is the baseline for a successful year. Which again, is kinda nuts, they haven't been beyond the WC round since 1991. But they have a good enough team to achieve that.

Those are realistic goals. I think they need to prove they can win a playoff game before you go beyond that. Not like the other teams sat around on their hands in the offseason.

Seems odd to get upset that these rushing QBs have been ranked ahead of him.
I’ll add that this is hardly a new phenomenon. Dating back to the earliest rushing QBs, they have always had a higher floor due to their scrambling ability.

Heck, the nickname is even super dated at this point. “Konami code” is pretty much something that only FF nerds & people over 40 know the original meaning of. Not that those are necessarily 2 separate groups. A Venn diagram would basically be a circle. lol

No James Conner in your top 30? He has been a top ten ppg fantasy running back each of his two years in Arizona, and could continue to be a workhorse there given the depth chart behind him. I have him as a clear top 25 RB, and he's my most drafted player on Underdog (where his ADP is RB28).

No James Conner in your top 30? He has been a top ten ppg fantasy running back each of his two years in Arizona, and could continue to be a workhorse there given the depth chart behind him. I have him as a clear top 25 RB, and he's my most drafted player on Underdog (where his ADP is RB28).
That could is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Conner is volume based, and AZ as a team is shaping up to be pretty bad. They'll probably be playing from behind a lot which means he won't have a ton of volume. If Murray remains healthy, he'll probably snipe a good amount of the scarce goal line plays I think they'll have which further dampens Conner's value. Maybe a decent flex play, but Conner is shaping up to be a roster clog in my opinion.

That could is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Conner is volume based, and AZ as a team is shaping up to be pretty bad. They'll probably be playing from behind a lot which means he won't have a ton of volume. If Murray remains healthy, he'll probably snipe a good amount of the scarce goal line plays I think they'll have which further dampens Conner's value. Maybe a decent flex play, but Conner is shaping up to be a roster clog in my opinion.
That IF is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, only CHI & HOU had worse records last year and Conner still managed 17.6 touches per game. Are any of the other RB's currently on the roster expected to leapfrog him?

Conner is one of those guys who will likely finish top-30, but has almost no upside. You are entirely betting on volume, and Conner has shown signs of being a player on the decline. Its easy to see them working in younger players at Conner's expense, even if there isn't anyone behind him that is particularly good either.

Also, a big factor is that there wasn't a HC in the NFL that was more run heavy inside the 10 than Kingsbury. Conner had 26 TDs over the last 2 seasons, and I don't necessarily think had anything to do with Conner, as Kenyan Drake had 18 TDs in a season and a half before him. I doubt a new playcaller will be as gung-ho on feeding Conner.

Conner would have been #32 on my list had I gone that far, But I'd much rather take my chances on the upside of guys like James Cook, Devon Achane, Javonte Williams, or Rashaad Penny.

That IF is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, only CHI & HOU had worse records last year and Conner still managed 17.6 touches per game. Are any of the other RB's currently on the roster expected to leapfrog him?

That is the big thing with Connor...who is going to take touches from him? Their depth behind him is almost non-existent (right now Corey Clement is listed as #3...yes, that Corey Clement)...it really appears the Cards are in tank-mode this season (as they should be) and Connor Owner's may be the beneficiaries of it...one thing that can get overlooked is his usage in the passing game...last year he was 46-300-1 and the year before he was 37-375-3 and this season looks like one he could get a ton of garbage time receptions...in Dynasty he is a great guy to target if you are a contender because at age 28 you probably won't have to give up a lot to get him and as long as he remains healthy (always a big if with him) a top 20 season is pretty easy to see.

Love the back and forth in this thread. Thanks everyone.

I have nothing to add expect sneaky dynasty support for Connor as well. He’s my RB4 on my Win Now team where I can start up to 4 RBs. Fingers crossed he has one more year of top 20 numbers.

I think my Texans could really surprise some fantasy owners this year. Pierce is under the radar as previously discussed, but someone has to catch passes. Our division is also full of rookies, so I have a feeling it's going to be a shootout sort of season. Stroud may not be the greatest fantasy asset this year as I suspect growing pains abound in the AFC South, but someone's going to be on the receiving end of the former 49ers offensive scheme.

Maybe if Metchie is really back to health he plays that YAC Deebo role (yes, I know different body types) or maybe that's Tank Dell, and maybe Schultz is a mini Kittle. But seeing largely no one sneaking around them with any fantasy hopes makes me think late draft dart throws at our guys might be a smart move to advise others. Those are the three dart throw guys and Metchie/Dell are likely far cheaper than Schultz. Woods will be WR1 to start the season but between Collins/Metchie/Dell I think we'll see midseason who Stroud starts to favor and my personal bet is Metchie if he's healthy.

I think my Texans could really surprise some fantasy owners this year. Pierce is under the radar as previously discussed, but someone has to catch passes. Our division is also full of rookies, so I have a feeling it's going to be a shootout sort of season. Stroud may not be the greatest fantasy asset this year as I suspect growing pains abound in the AFC South, but someone's going to be on the receiving end of the former 49ers offensive scheme.

Maybe if Metchie is really back to health he plays that YAC Deebo role (yes, I know different body types) or maybe that's Tank Dell, and maybe Schultz is a mini Kittle. But seeing largely no one sneaking around them with any fantasy hopes makes me think late draft dart throws at our guys might be a smart move to advise others. Those are the three dart throw guys and Metchie/Dell are likely far cheaper than Schultz. Woods will be WR1 to start the season but between Collins/Metchie/Dell I think we'll see midseason who Stroud starts to favor and my personal bet is Metchie if he's healthy.
I really like Pierce and think he could be a top 12 RB this year. I also think Nico can be FF relevant and will be their top pass catcher.

Schultz could be a target monster sure, my concern there is that he was just a product of being on an elite offense and isn't actually a good player.

I like Metchie and especially Dell a lot long term, but I also think they could cannibalize each other a bit this year. Personally, I think Woods is pretty close to the end, but that's a lot of varying WR types in a limited (for now anyway) passing game for anyone to crack the top-40. If anyone does it'll likely be Collins, as his skill set has the least overlap in my opinion, and he's got an experience edge over Metchie/Dell. If I had to guess, it'll be Collins>Metchie>Woods, with Dell making a push later in the season.

I do like Pierce a lot, I thought he was the 3rd best RB in his draft class and stand by that. I don't think he's the 22nd best NFL RB, he's top-15 for sure, but I think Singletary will get more work than Burkhead etc. did, and the offense isn't likely to produce a big TD season. I like the direction the Texans are headed in but think its a year early.

Users who are viewing this thread