What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's positional rankings from week 6 onward (1 Viewer)

Chubb at 9 is just absolutely baffling. Best back in the league playing in a run heavy offense. I wouldn’t trade him for anybody on that list ahead of him.
This was my reaction too. What does this guy have to do to move up in your rankings?

Chubb at 9 is just absolutely baffling. Best back in the league playing in a run heavy offense. I wouldn’t trade him for anybody on that list ahead of him.
This was my reaction too. What does this guy have to do to move up in your rankings?
Catch passes
#2 PPR back in my league with only a 1.5 behind #1. I don’t know why you expect him to slow down.
I highly doubt he keeps averaging 6 YPC, and I think he's due for some major TD regression. Also, the Browns have had about the league's easiest schedule of defenses so far, they've never had to be playing from behind yet. I don't think its because the Browns are a great team (being 2-3 against a pretty cake schedule) so some overall regression from the team is likely too.

I don't hate Chubb, he's one of my favorite players to watch, but I very much believe he's been at his absolute ceiling so far, and unless his role changes, he's not going to keep up with the true full time RBs over the course of the season. He's a little like Derrick Henry, but with a bit smaller workload, and the Titans, to their credit, have been getting Henry going as a pass catcher of late.
He's bucking every historical trend there is. He's literally in a 53-47 time share. He does almost nothing in the passing game and isn't even the designated short yardage RB. He's basically been a unicorn, and I don't like betting on unicorns. I'm not saying he's a sell high, but I very much think we are seeing his ceiling.

I could see a case for Chubb over Mixon or Cook, but I have a hard time putting him in the top-5, because this level of efficiency seems nowhere near sustainable.
I also feel like you are far too low on Chubb. He’s been the RB1 with Brissett as his qb. In 5-6 weeks, Brissett turns into Watson and the offense will create even more goal line opportunities. If you are doing ROS rankings- are you factoring in that there is a very good chance that the Browns offense is likely to get a lot better in a matter of weeks?
Eh, I'm not sure Watson moves the needle much. For starters, it'll be almost 2 years since he last played in a game when he comes back, and with a new system with new coaches and players there could definitely be some rust to shake off. Plus they're very likely to throw more often with him (they've been one of the most run heavy teams so far), and any increase in goal line opportunities could be offset by Watson vulturing them.

His return may be a positive for Chubb, but there's a wide range of possible outcomes here. Ftr I'd have him a few spots higher as well, but not really because of Watson.
That's about where I stand on Watson's return as well. It likely helps Cooper, Njoku, and probably opens a window of viability for a 3rd pass catcher (DPJ? Hunt?) but probably isn't a net positive for Chubb, as his workload likely gets smaller, and while its probable the Browns score more TDs with Watson, its far more likely those are passing TDs.

Catch passes
#2 PPR back in my league with only a 1.5 behind #1. I don’t know why you expect him to slow down.
I highly doubt he keeps averaging 6 YPC, and I think he's due for some major TD regression. Also, the Browns have had about the league's easiest schedule of defenses so far, they've never had to be playing from behind yet. I don't think its because the Browns are a great team (being 2-3 against a pretty cake schedule) so some overall regression from the team is likely too.

I don't hate Chubb, he's one of my favorite players to watch, but I very much believe he's been at his absolute ceiling so far, and unless his role changes, he's not going to keep up with the true full time RBs over the course of the season. He's a little like Derrick Henry, but with a bit smaller workload, and the Titans, to their credit, have been getting Henry going as a pass catcher of late.
He's bucking every historical trend there is. He's literally in a 53-47 time share. He does almost nothing in the passing game and isn't even the designated short yardage RB. He's basically been a unicorn, and I don't like betting on unicorns. I'm not saying he's a sell high, but I very much think we are seeing his ceiling.

I could see a case for Chubb over Mixon or Cook, but I have a hard time putting him in the top-5, because this level of efficiency seems nowhere near sustainable.
I also feel like you are far too low on Chubb. He’s been the RB1 with Brissett as his qb. In 5-6 weeks, Brissett turns into Watson and the offense will create even more goal line opportunities. If you are doing ROS rankings- are you factoring in that there is a very good chance that the Browns offense is likely to get a lot better in a matter of weeks?
Eh, I'm not sure Watson moves the needle much. For starters, it'll be almost 2 years since he last played in a game when he comes back, and with a new system with new coaches and players there could definitely be some rust to shake off. Plus they're very likely to throw more often with him (they've been one of the most run heavy teams so far), and any increase in goal line opportunities could be offset by Watson vulturing them.

His return may be a positive for Chubb, but there's a wide range of possible outcomes here. Ftr I'd have him a few spots higher as well, but not really because of Watson.
That's about where I stand on Watson's return as well. It likely helps Cooper, Njoku, and probably opens a window of viability for a 3rd pass catcher (DPJ? Hunt?) but probably isn't a net positive for Chubb, as his workload likely gets smaller, and while its probable the Browns score more TDs with Watson, its far more likely those are passing TDs.
Where do ya think D Watson will end up ranking as the Browns QB? Like around 6-7 just above Brady and Geno, and perhaps Burrow. In the Herbert range?

Catch passes

Where do ya think D Watson will end up ranking as the Browns QB? Like around 6-7 just above Brady and Geno, and perhaps Burrow. In the Herbert range?
Tough to say. He's not quite halfway there yet. How much do you want to want to trust a QB who is going almost 2 years between snaps? I'll probably have him in the 10-15 range when he comes back, maybe higher depending on how QB is looking at that point. If he doesn't look rusty at all, I'd say in that same area as Burrow/Brady isn't farfetched.

That being said, outside of dynasty, keeper, or 2 QB/Superflex leagues, he's probably not a guy I'm interested in picking up or holding onto, until at least week 10 or so.

Love your rankings, but I’m still waiting on my Fournette love I’ve been calling for the last few weeks. He’s now the RB5 on the season with Carolina coming up and a receiving core getting healthy. I think he finishes the season as a top half RB1on the year if he stays healthy. (Top 6)

Users who are viewing this thread