What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** TREMENDOUS UPSIDE NYC SIM EPIC DRAFT *** (1 Viewer)

OK, this is the monster WIS thread that has links to all of the how-to guides and detailed explanations:

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=462961&TopicsTimeframe=30

Some ones that are probably most useful:

Advice for newbies: https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=3&TopicID=474014&page=1#l_10369725

Pitching fatigue:

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=434633

What is really great range really worth? Warning lots of math

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=420094&page=4

Sadly there isn't a really, really basic thread that I can find. So if you have questions just ask.

About 70% done with hitters, haven't started pitchers yet.
Making sure I have this correct:

1) Filter by the years 1901-2015, inclusive

2) These seven team names only:

---- Brooklyn Superbas

---- Brooklyn Robins

---- Brooklyn Dodgers

---- New York Highanders

---- New York Yankees

---- New York Giants

---- New York Mets

Still no Federal Leaguers, right?

1920-2015
Thanks ... overlooked that despite just now checking the OP :thanks:

Well, no need to worry about the Superbas or the Highlanders, then. Or the Feds. Still got a dozen seasons worth of Brooklyn Robins to sort through.
Also, season type should be full/partial. We're taking out the combined seasons.
We are allowing partials?
whoa whoa.. this is not my understanding. in fact we earlier talked just the opposite. Cespedes was the example. must use full season, but as a Met.

I thought we wanted to get only the Met part... hence the partial. Either way is fine with me but I need to know what I should leave in the spreadsheet.

Your roll results:
266 Your total roll is 266.
An email copy of these roll results has been sent to the address specified.

Sent to El Moopster

If someone less lazy than I could kindly provide the rolls list, I'll gladly cut and paste into the OPS (Original PostS)

/ delegation

I thought we wanted to get only the Met part... hence the partial. Either way is fine with me but I need to know what I should leave in the spreadsheet.
I'm also open to either, and it's an interesting proposition.

What are others thoughts on this? I'd want to go back and edit the posts in the thread to not confuse if peeps prefer partials.

SPEAK NOW #####ES

This is what I have so far, who is missing?

23 Socal
122 Tre(via moops)
199 Kraft
229 moops

244 Chem "Generation" X

266 Koya
280 DougB
352 Getzlaf15
383 Acer
463 Bogy

5?? Big Tatas (DD)
655 Hoos
793 oso
900 rodg
927 jfranco

Last edited by a moderator:
What are others thoughts on [partial seasons]? I'd want to go back and edit the posts in the thread to not confuse if peeps prefer partials.

SPEAK NOW #####ES
I did my analysis without partial seasons, but including combined seasons. Still, I can go either way. Given a yes/no vote ... I'd vote with tradition to exclude partial seasons.

This player pool is not nearly as deep as I was initially expecting.
226 team seasons is about the equivalent of a 14 year long pre-expansion draft pool or 7 years in the modern era. I haven't looked into it in detail but my guess is a lot of the top players had high longevity with the NY teams, which would diminish the pool a bit. The Mets and Dodgers also had long stretches with pretty poor teams.

BTW, I'm not wavering on signing up. Everybody went home early on the East Coast so it's really slow at work.

This is what I have so far, who is missing?

23 Socal

122 Tre(via moops)

199 Kraft

229 moops

244 Chem "Generation" X

266 Koya

280 DougB

352 Getzlaf15

383 Acer

463 Bogy

5?? Big Tatas (DD)

655 Hoos

793 oso

900 rodg

927 jfranco
RnR had a 221 per his earlier post

Ok, looks like we got our 16. Only question is partials or no.

Executive decision - in THIS format, only NEW YORK PLAYERS PLAYING ON NY TEAMS.

NY Partials only for those players with a split season.

I think that means....

i count 10 stadiums that are NY related.

proposing that can only pick from these 10, and that no stadium can be picked more than twice.

stadiums

1. Washington Park III (Dodgers)

2. Ebbets Field (Dodgers)

3. Polo Grounds IV (Giants/Yankees)

4. Polo Ground V (Giants/Mets)

5. Shea (Mets)

6. Citifield (Mets)

7. Hilltop Park (Yankees)

8. Yankee Stadium I

9. Yankee Stadium II

10. Yankee Stadium III

proposing that can only pick from these 10, and that no stadium can be picked more than twice.

stadiums

5. Shea (Mets)

6. Citifield (Mets)

8. Yankee Stadium I

9. Yankee Stadium II

10. Yankee Stadium III
They are all relatively neutral and similiar, with the exception of Yankee Stadium III and Hilltop Park

stadiums

5. Shea (Mets)

6. Citifield (Mets)

8. Yankee Stadium I

9. Yankee Stadium II

10. Yankee Stadium III
Works for me.

really think we should allow for partial seasons. we shouldn't be using stats from any non new York team.
That's what we're doing. So for example, the only 2015 Cespedes you can use is the 250-whatever PA that he had for the Mets. Not the combined season of 600 (which is what we would normally use)

Its too late to do it now, but it could have been fun to say that you have to draft 6 guys from each franchise. 6 Yankees, 6 Mets, 6 Dodgers and 6 Giants. Your 25th player could be whatever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread