What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trip's 2023 Points League Sleepers (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
C - Cal Raleigh - Might be the last Catcher drafted but could be the #1 catcher in scoring. Exit Velo and Barrels metrics are great.
1B - Andrew Vaughn - Should benefit from more plate appearances in a potent lineup and is on the rise IMHO, again, could be the last 1B or OF taken in your league depending on format
2B - Nico Hoerner - 2B is not good this year, but Nico had a solid year last year and should benefit from a better lineup, my strategy is to wait on 2B in most leagues
3B - Encarnacion Strand - this guy is tearing the cover off the ball in spring training going for the spring triple crown currently, he may not even make the roster(I think he will) so this is a super deep sleeper but one of my favorites in deep leagues
SS - Oneil Cruz - a walking highlight reel and a known quanity, but upside is tremendous. Will have a lot of Ks so check your scoring system
OF - Taylor Ward - an under the radar year last year for the Angels, great value imho
OF - Starling Marte - always an injury risk, but his ADP has slipped too far
OF - Giancarlo Stanton - see Marte
OF - Joey Meneses - this guy scraps and kind of came out of nowhere to post surprising numbers, can get him really late in most draft
OF - Josh Naylor - could have a breakout year in a big way, and is going undrafted in many leagues

Honorable Mentions
Willy Adames - among the last SS drafted despite breakout year
Jose Miranda - should hit in the top half of the Twins lineup after a breakout last year
Oswald Peraza - has flashed in spring and is slated to start for the Yanks
Jasson Dominguez - another Yankee that has flashed in the spring, but there may not be a roster spot for him to start the season

I'll do pitchers later if this post receives a positive response

I agree with a few of these choices and started great out of the box with Vaughn and Raleigh.

Here are some additional ideas that I have been kicking around:

2B: Michael Massey (KC) - He has a nice speed/power combo and way off the radar. Might even be a waiver pickup as the season goes but I would keep an eye on him. Looks like ESPN has Hoerner only at SS. I also like Grissom (but he is getting hype) and Josh Rojas will be decent.
SS: Joey Wendle (Mia): I like the position flexibility here as a late dart throw. In Miami he should play plenty which is nice. I also like Grissom here as well as he should gain eligibility at SS at the beginning of the year.
3B: Bobby Witt (KC): I am diving in full for Witt. I think he is taking another step forward and am willing to reach for him.
OF: Jake McCarthy (Ari): Another speed/power combo guy. Carrol is getting the hype but I think McCarthy may be just as good.

SP: Brady Singer (KC): Dang I am sounding like a KC homer here. But I really think Singer takes a big step forward.
SP: Chris Sale (BOS): I am still buying. His price is going down which I like to see. Health is his concern. At his price point its worth the risk to me.
SP: Trevor Rogers (MIA): He showed well two years ago and had a bit of a hiccup last year. I am buying for this year.
RP: Alexis Diaz (CIN): His stuff is really good. He just needs to job and seems to be the guy. Not sure of his price point but I would take a chance around the 15th RP off the board.
RP: Johan Duran (MIN): Talk about filthy. Duran is that. I am not sure how anybody hits this guy. Problem is usage as he gets used in high leverage but not necessarily save chances. Points league that include holds would really increase his value.

Let me know what you think.

2B - Nico Hoerner - 2B is not good this year, but Nico had a solid year last year and should benefit from a better lineup, my strategy is to wait on 2B in most leagues

OF - Josh Naylor - could have a breakout year in a big way, and is going undrafted in many leagues
Cool I got these two guys in my 16-team h2h league....

I agree with a few of these choices and started great out of the box with Vaughn and Raleigh.

Here are some additional ideas that I have been kicking around:

2B: Michael Massey (KC) - He has a nice speed/power combo and way off the radar. Might even be a waiver pickup as the season goes but I would keep an eye on him. Looks like ESPN has Hoerner only at SS. I also like Grissom (but he is getting hype) and Josh Rojas will be decent.
SS: Joey Wendle (Mia): I like the position flexibility here as a late dart throw. In Miami he should play plenty which is nice. I also like Grissom here as well as he should gain eligibility at SS at the beginning of the year.
3B: Bobby Witt (KC): I am diving in full for Witt. I think he is taking another step forward and am willing to reach for him.
OF: Jake McCarthy (Ari): Another speed/power combo guy. Carrol is getting the hype but I think McCarthy may be just as good.

SP: Brady Singer (KC): Dang I am sounding like a KC homer here. But I really think Singer takes a big step forward.
SP: Chris Sale (BOS): I am still buying. His price is going down which I like to see. Health is his concern. At his price point its worth the risk to me.
SP: Trevor Rogers (MIA): He showed well two years ago and had a bit of a hiccup last year. I am buying for this year.
RP: Alexis Diaz (CIN): His stuff is really good. He just needs to job and seems to be the guy. Not sure of his price point but I would take a chance around the 15th RP off the board.
RP: Johan Duran (MIN): Talk about filthy. Duran is that. I am not sure how anybody hits this guy. Problem is usage as he gets used in high leverage but not necessarily save chances. Points league that include holds would really increase his value.

Let me know what you think.

Massey - Miss
Wendle - Miss
Witt - Hit
McCarthy - bumpy road to start but coming around so I say hit
Singer - Miss
Sale - Good while healthy.....but inevitable injury. Still don't mind the cost
Rogers - Injury derailed him so likely a miss but he had a couple so-so starts, then a great one before getting hurt in his 4th start. A miss due to injury
Diaz - Hit
Duran - Hit (although he mixes in some tough outings occasionally and the Twins like to use him in tough extra inning situations which causes some bad outings as well)

Users who are viewing this thread