What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trip's Top 15 WR Value Plays - 2022 Redraft PPR pre-Training Camp (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
1.  Courtland Sutton #20 - As mentioned in the QB Value Plays topic, I am bullish when it comes to the Broncos' passing game.  Sutton is the most reliable of the targets and should improve on last year's numbers being one more year removed from injury.   Trip Ranking #15

2.  Darnell Mooney #26 - Offensive scheme and an improved Justin Fields should support even stronger numbers for Mooney.   There just isn't any competition for targets here and Mooney is a gamer.  110 receptions in-play.   Trip Ranking #21

3.  Rashod Bateman #28 - Unlike Hollywood, Bateman is a true Alpha with a more diverse route tree.  Like Mooney, there is little competition for WR targets.   Trip Ranking #22

4.  Michael Thomas #30 - Thomas has been dominant when he plays regardless of QB and Winston is still an elite passer of the football despite his other shortcomings.  All indications are Thomas is almost 100% and is about to be a full go in camp.   He has top 5 upside, especially if Kamara misses a chunk of the season.  Trip Ranking #19.

5.  Hunter Renfrow #36 - Carr's security blanket and gets redzone looks to boot   Not to mention he's a scheme fit for McDaniels. High high floor here.  Trip Ranking #25

6.  Deandre Hopkins  #38 - Nuke is going to miss some games, but will threaten to be a top 10 WR PPG down the stretch run and into the fantasy playoffs IMHO.  Trip Ranking #29

7.   Drake London #39 - London IMHO is the most NFL ready WR in this draft class and has very little WR target competition (unless you count Pitts as a WR).  Perhaps the most appealing facet of London's game is he projects to be a redzone monster a la Mike Evans.  Trip Ranking #31. 

8.  Allen Lazard #44 - Somebody has to catch passes in Green Bay and Lazard will be the primary benefactor.   Trip Ranking #38

9.  Chris Olave #49 - yep that's two Saints on my list.  You may have noticed Jameis made the QB list as well.  Olave is NFL ready although he has work to do on contested catches per some OTA observations.   Trip Ranking #41.

10.  Kadarius Toney #45 - Toney is high risk high reward.  Injury prone?  Maybe.  Did he flash crazy ability in limited snaps?  Absolutely.  I like the risk reward profile at this juncture in the draft.  Trip Ranking #39.   

11.  Tim Patrick #59 - One of the most overlooked WRs in FF.   Like the Saints, I am projecting the Broncos passing attack to surpass expectations hence my Rusell Wilson value play.   Trip Ranking #48.

12.  Marvin Jones #67 - You almost have to throw out what happened in JAX last year.  Marvin is still the best WR on the roster and I expect a huge leap from Lawrence and this passing offense.  One of my largest values headed into training camp.  Trip Ranking #43.

13.  Nico Collins #71 - An under the radar rookie season, Nico is going to see the second most targets in this offense which probably warrants a higher ranking.  75 receptions is achievable with improvements from both Mills and Collins.   Trip Ranking #61.

14.  Josh Palmer #73 - This is a "hoping for an injury" dart throw late in drafts.  If Williams or Keenan go down, all indications are that Palmer is more than willing to step in and become highly productive right away in arguably the most explosive passing offense in football.  Give me all of the Palmer shares please.  Trip Ranking #55.

15.  KJ Osborn #78 - Similar to Palmer, the clear #3 in what project to be a high octane passing offense.   Thielen is not exactly an ironman a at this stage in his career so Osborn's moment in the sun is likely sooner than later.  Trip Ranking #58.

**Rankings cited are FantasyPros expert consensus rankings that are publicly available.  LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
12.  Marvin Jones #67 - You almost have to throw out what happened in JAX last year.  Marvin is still the best WR on the roster and I expect a huge leap from Lawrence and this passing offense.  One of my largest values headed into training camp.  Trip Ranking #43.
Do you think Kirk is also a value play at 40?  Or do you have Jones ranked ahead of him?

Do you think Kirk is also a value play at 40?  Or do you have Jones ranked ahead of him?

I have them right next to each other.  Kirk is going to get volume because he got paid.  I think Kirk has some upside but I like others more in his ADP range so I don't anticipate a lot of shares.  I have more shares of Jones in best balls than Kirk.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.  Courtland Sutton #20 - As mentioned in the QB Value Plays topic, I am bullish when it comes to the Broncos' passing game.  Sutton is the most reliable of the targets and should improve on last year's numbers being one more year removed from injury.   Trip Ranking #15

11.  Tim Patrick #59 - One of the most overlooked WRs in FF.   Like the Saints, I am projecting the Broncos passing attack to surpass expectations hence my Rusell Wilson value play.   Trip Ranking #48.
I like Patrick here between the two; who outproduced Sutton last year.  Know it doesn't mean as much with a new QB/HC/OC...but even your revamped delta seems wide.  Plus, add-in Jeudy/Albert O/good RB pass catchers...alot of mouths to feed and not a good feel for how it all shakes out, so I'd be inclined to take a low cost flier than a murkier WR2 pick.

5.  Hunter Renfrow #36 - Carr's security blanket and gets redzone looks to boot   Not to mention he's a scheme fit for McDaniels. High high floor here.  Trip Ranking #25

6.  Deandre Hopkins  #38 - Nuke is going to miss some games, but will threaten to be a top 10 WR PPG down the stretch run and into the fantasy playoffs IMHO.  Trip Ranking #29
Renfrow is the next gen Welker/Edelman...the comparison will become ad nauseum in August.  But it's correct.  Hopkins is being written off too early.  He's easier to value in auction because you can price/game, but I think you'll need to spend a 5th rounder to get him.

9.  Chris Olave #49 - yep that's two Saints on my list.  You may have noticed Jameis made the QB list as well.  Olave is NFL ready although he has work to do on contested catches per some OTA observations.   Trip Ranking #41.

10.  Kadarius Toney #45 - Toney is high risk high reward.  Injury prone?  Maybe.  Did he flash crazy ability in limited snaps?  Absolutely.  I like the risk reward profile at this juncture in the draft.  Trip Ranking #39.   
Interesting that Olave is going behind Toney...usually it's the rookies that get hyped and the 2nd year players fade.  Both have talent...Toney was the player though that had trade rumors surrounding him while the Saints traded up for Olave.

2.  Darnell Mooney #26 - Offensive scheme and an improved Justin Fields should support even stronger numbers for Mooney.   There just isn't any competition for targets here and Mooney is a gamer.  110 receptions in-play.   Trip Ranking #21

3.  Rashod Bateman #28 - Unlike Hollywood, Bateman is a true Alpha with a more diverse route tree.  Like Mooney, there is little competition for WR targets.   Trip Ranking #22

4.  Michael Thomas #30 - Thomas has been dominant when he plays regardless of QB and Winston is still an elite passer of the football despite his other shortcomings.  All indications are Thomas is almost 100% and is about to be a full go in camp.   He has top 5 upside, especially if Kamara misses a chunk of the season.  Trip Ranking #19.

7.   Drake London #39 - London IMHO is the most NFL ready WR in this draft class and has very little WR target competition (unless you count Pitts as a WR).  Perhaps the most appealing facet of London's game is he projects to be a redzone monster a la Mike Evans.  Trip Ranking #31. 

8.  Allen Lazard #44 - Somebody has to catch passes in Green Bay and Lazard will be the primary benefactor.   Trip Ranking #38

13.  Nico Collins #71 - An under the radar rookie season, Nico is going to see the second most targets in this offense which probably warrants a higher ranking.  75 receptions is achievable with improvements from both Mills and Collins.   Trip Ranking #61.

14.  Josh Palmer #73 - This is a "hoping for an injury" dart throw late in drafts.  If Williams or Keenan go down, all indications are that Palmer is more than willing to step in and become highly productive right away in arguably the most explosive passing offense in football.  Give me all of the Palmer shares please.  Trip Ranking #55.

15.  KJ Osborn #78 - Similar to Palmer, the clear #3 in what project to be a high octane passing offense.   Thielen is not exactly an ironman a at this stage in his career so Osborn's moment in the sun is likely sooner than later.  Trip Ranking #58.

**Rankings cited are FantasyPros expert consensus rankings that are publicly available.  LINK
Nice list. Sutton, Patrick and Bateman are guys I really like as well. However, there are some misses for me on the list.

Marvin Jones? Good WR who has been perennially underrated but at age 32, I will happily walk away. He's not better than Christian Kirk. Kirk might actually be the new Marvin Jones.

Hunter Renfrow. I don't know how it happened but I am a David Carr supporter now and even I won't advocate for taking his 3rd option. He had a great season but Davante Adams is there now. He is going to drink Hunter Renfrow's milkshake. 

Hopkins is suspended for 6 games. Unless that does get reduced, I can't take the guy. It's 1/3 of the season. You take him and then one of your starting WRs gets a sprained ankle and now you are starting the f'n slot WR in Carolina or the Bears' 29 year old rookie or god forbid Marvin Jones. (Note that league bench size, IR rules, etc. could change my mind)

Allen Lazard is Allen Lazard. That's not an insult. He is a solid NFL WR. I am just saying he is Allen Lazard. 

but Adams was Carr's security blanket before he was even in the NFL.   I don't see Renfrow being the security blanky anymore.  I do like Renfrow and think he is someone I wouldn't mind having in a PPR but his 36 ranking is about right to me.  

Thanks for putting this together.   :goodposting:

I agree with

1) Mooney - not much competition for targets, CHI should be trailing in many games and I love his upside.

2) Patrick - much rather draft Patrick and let others take Sutton and Jeudy much earlier.  (I love Sutton but his price point is a touch rich for me)

3) Toney - at this price point it's all about upside and Toney has shown flashes of really good talent.

4) Palmer - nice dart throw at the end of the draft

I disagree with

1) Thomas - I don't think Thomas will EVER be 100% again healthwise, and even it he is close to 100%, I don't believe he will make it thought the entire season.  So I will let someone else draft him, and take Olave at his price point.

2) Hopkins.  You know he's suspended for 6 games.....it will probably take a week or two to get back in game shape.  At that price point I want guys that can help he right away.  I will let someone else draft him and try to trade for him later when Hopkins is burning a hole on someone's bench.

3) Lazard - you say "someone has to catch passes in GB".....to me....that's a weak argument.  Rodgers is likely going to spread the ball around and hit the open guy.  Plus I think Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are probably going to catch 100 passes between them.  I don't believe Lazard is that good and taking him at WR44 is fools gold.  What you will likely see is Lazard, Watson, Cobb and Watkins with 500-600 yds each and none has any real fantasy value.   Much rather take Toney or Olave at that price point.

I am expecting Jeudy and Hamler to be the values in Denver.

Bateman,Thomas, Lazard, and Collins I agree 100% on. 

Users who are viewing this thread