What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

True Detective: Tom went in to listen to the Cardinals game...in November. Mmmmmhmmmm... (4 Viewers)

Also, not sure why it's True Detective. Really didn't focus on the "True Detective" like the other seasons (even S2) did. I don't mind the all over the place plot but I think you at least have to have that if you want to be "True Detective." Hopefully showrunner does better with that next season.

I have to say I'm seeing a lot of praise for S1 that I don't get. I remember hearing all the praise for it when it first aired. I binge watched it after all 8 episodes aired. I was disappointed until the last or second last episode when I thought things started to pay off. It originally aired almost 10 years ago and I've never rewatched it.

So, S1 is by far the best season of True Detective. But, I don't have it as one of the best series of all time.

Also, not sure why it's True Detective. Really didn't focus on the "True Detective" like the other seasons (even S2) did. I don't mind the all over the place plot but I think you at least have to have that if you want to be "True Detective." Hopefully showrunner does better with that next season.

The true detective was the friends we made along the way

It seems like this was either in production or through preproduction before they decided to put the TD label on it. I am guessing they saw some overlap and figured the name was generate an audience and buzz.

Anyone care to guess what this is currently getting on Rotten Tomatoes?

I know she (the director) was openly begging for people to leave positive reviews after a couple of episodes to try and balance out the negative reviews but my guess now is....whitewashing the bad reviews away?

I finished this over the weekend. All in all, not the worst ending in that it at least tied most things up (though what about the tongue?). The tie-ins to season one were obviously contrived and silly.

I maintain that this show erred by associating itself with True Detective and would have been received better as a stand alone show. This season reminded me much more of a Harlan Coben story with an added supernatural plotline than a True Detective. I say this because there really wasn't much actual detective work involved and it was more of a commentary about drama and secrets in a small town.

I know she (the director) was openly begging for people to leave positive reviews after a couple of episodes to try and balance out the negative reviews but my guess now is....whitewashing the bad reviews away?

That's hilarious. Looked into it and found this article: https://www.nme.com/news/tv/true-detective-night-country-is-getting-review-bombed-by-bros-3572359

"The bros and hardcore fanboys of [Season 1] have made it a mission to drag the rating down"

Sorry sweetie, it has nothing to do with bros and the lead cast being female. I wanted to like it and was on board after the first episode. Unfortunately, your writing and story just sucked :shrug:

That's hilarious. Looked into it and found this article: https://www.nme.com/news/tv/true-detective-night-country-is-getting-review-bombed-by-bros-3572359

"The bros and hardcore fanboys of [Season 1] have made it a mission to drag the rating down"

Sorry sweetie, it has nothing to do with bros and the lead cast being female. I wanted to like it and was on board after the first episode. Unfortunately, your writing and story just sucked :shrug:

Yea, I was excited for it. My expectations went down a little when I read it was not initially intended to be True Detective. I was liking the show and giving it a real chance through episode 3. Then it started to lose me and after episode 5, I just didn't care to spend the time to watch the finale, but did care enough to read how it ended.

Wait, the critics gave it 92%?? Really?

It's a 7/10 at best.

3/10 here
Personally I'd give it a 5/10.

My point was that the highest I could see somebody rate it is 7/10.

I think 5/10 is fair. If RT wanted to make this believable, 7/10 would have been maybe comprehendible, but 9/10 is absurd. This show wasn't anywhere near perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread