What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump Opponents - Would you rather have a Recession or Trump Re-election? (1 Viewer)

Trump Opponents - Would you rather have a Recession or Trump Re-election?

• For sure rather have a Recession than Trump Re-election

Votes: 83 46.6%
  • Probably rather have a Recession than Trump Re-election

Votes: 29 16.3%
  • On the fence

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Probably not rather have a Recession than Trump Re-election

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • For sure not rather have a Recession than Trump Re-election

Votes: 41 23.0%

• Total voters
well that was my point ... it was fine 4 years ago to say get rid of Trump in exchange for record inflation, record gas, record border crisis, higher crime, war between Ukraine/Russia - all the things that are setting us in motion for upcoming Recession ... people here wanted it ...

they got it - are they happy ?   I don't know how anyone could be 
I don’t agree it was “in exchange for” those things but I’m not getting sucked into this with you. I know you’re on the blame all things Biden tour and I have not interest playing the role of Biden defender.  

Last edited by a moderator:
you didn't mention Russia/Ukraine, Afghanistan debacle, Trillions added in debt, 650,000 added deaths from covid in less time in office, uncontrolled southern border humanitarian crisis or massive inflation, all time high gas prices .... did you forget those things?

kinda offsets $12.50 an hour to flip burgers and less mean tweets 
Not convinced any of those issues would have been different. Afghanistan mistake was made when troops were drawn down to 2500 under Trump before civilians were withdrawn. Should have gotten all civilians out when we had 10,000 troops there. No reason to believe we would have had less Covid deaths with Trump. And even though Trump admires the brutal tyrant Putin doesn't mean Putin wouldn’t have invaded just the same. Trump was Putin's stooge. Only difference US would likely been less cooperative with NATO sanctions.

Not convinced any of those issues would have been different. Afghanistan mistake was made when troops were drawn down to 2500 under Trump before civilians were withdrawn. Should have gotten all civilians out when we had 10,000 troops there. No reason to believe we would have had less Covid deaths with Trump. And even though Trump admires the brutal tyrant Putin doesn't mean Putin wouldn’t have invaded just the same. Trump was Putin's stooge. Only difference US would likely been less cooperative with NATO sanctions.

Nobody and I mean nobody forecasted it to be this bad. 

Biden campaigned on all these things NOT being like there are right now - I mean its just been 14 months and its gotten this bad :(

Four year later and the same posters are still posting as if they don’t get this.  
In all fairness, they don't get it. I call it the Blinder Effect. They've read the entirety of those posts SC only partially quoted but, when they did they zeroed in on just the part that has been quoted. Forget nuance or attempting to understand the whole post, Blinder Effect would not allow it, thus they are unable to.

Now, I must admit I'm sure I voted in the poll but, I'm unsure if I've posted in this thread previously........and I'm not going to search to see if I did. That being said, I can honestly say at this point in time I would still choose what's happening now in our country over the thought of DJT still being in office. I'm not 100% happy with Biden and I certainly had hoped for better. DJT's words and actions since being ousted lead me to believe we'd be in even worse shape than we are now if he was still in office. No doubt in my mind.

57% for sure and another 20% probably would rather have a recession than see Trump re-elected. Disturbing, yet not surprising, sadly.The beauty of their hate is that it is pushing normal, non conspiracy Americans further away from the Democratic party and towards supporting Donald J Trump.I want to thank Joe for posting these types of surveys. They provide a clear picture of the type of person who frequents the political forum. It would be interesting to see what the results would be if he posted the same survey in the shark pool and the FFA.

That would probably be a good eye opener for this crowd, they honestly have no idea how far towards the fringe they have gone.

I suppose this entire thread, which all occurred in the years I was gone from the forums, takes new relevance given current times and current economic conditions.

Be interesting to see what people have to say today versus what they said in 2018, if anything is different at all. On both sides.

I suppose this entire thread, which all occurred in the years I was gone from the forums, takes new relevance given current times and current economic conditions.

Be interesting to see what people have to say today versus what they said in 2018, if anything is different at all. On both sides.
You and I know they don’t own it when wrong but great reminder of a great poster @Bozeman Bruiser I hope he is well. 

Sadly those that were melting down under Trump got us all what they wished for. 

It depends on how bad a recession we're talking about.  If it's a historically normal or mild recession, then I would definitely prefer that to Trump being reelected.  If it's something like the 2008 financial crisis, then I'll stick with Trump.  
Having witnessed what happened after the 2020 election, I definitely stand by this.  Recessions are temporary, and I think Trump getting reelected really would the End Of Democracy As We Know It, without hyperbole.  I don't mind if people disagree with me about that -- just being honest.

It depends on how bad a recession we're talking about.  If it's a historically normal or mild recession, then I would definitely prefer that to Trump being reelected.  If it's something like the 2008 financial crisis, then I'll stick with Trump.  
Expand  
Having witnessed what happened after the 2020 election, I definitely stand by this.  Recessions are temporary, and I think Trump getting reelected really would the End Of Democracy As We Know It, without hyperbole.  I don't mind if people disagree with me about that -- just being honest.

The 2008 financial crisis didn't threaten to end democracy, so I dissent from the final sentence of your original post.

Trump might keep holding rallies after a 2020 loss. But the purpose of those rallies would be to organize a protest of the election results and spur a revolt.  Again, the reason I say that is because he keeps holding rallies even after he won.  I don't think he ever stops planning on holding rallies, win or lose.  Those aren't going to stop.  He has established this behavior and i think it is with purpose.
Not bad.

He also predicted the severe left right divide but was permabanned because he forecasted another civil war. Dude was on point. 
Chicken little long enough and you’re bound to beat out an in-field single every so often. 

Since to me having a democracy is much more important than the price of Gas, etc. it seems like a fairly obvious choice.

America has survived many recessions, depressions, and economic upheavals.  Democracy barely survived his first go round as president, so I think I'll pass in giving him another chance.

Philo Beddoe said:
Give it a few years. 
Two reasons this will never happen:

- People are too lazy

- Who are they going to fight?  Do you have any idea the politics of your neighbor or co-workers?  I don’t.  And if I did I doubt seriously I’m going to fight people I disagree with. 

JIslander said:
The fact he got anything right tells you the dire straits this country is in ---
Sure...and we see that in odds right now for 2024.  We are looking at Trump or Desantis....more division.  And the Democrats have no answer and appear to be open to trotting out more Biden.

Philo Beddoe said:
He also predicted the severe left right divide but was permabanned because he forecasted another civil war. Dude was on point. 
Kind of weird they give out perm bans for that reason. Is that what happened to the other Phil guy recently, post against the majority and get whacked? 

Users who are viewing this thread