What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trumps youth camps (1 Viewer)

I'm old enough to remember when our President defended Nazis marching in Charlottesville which killed one and hurt many others; I thought to myself "Surely the line is drawn here.  Surely this man becomes indefensible now". I am also old enough to remember our President turning his back on Puerto Rico, where our fellow Americans were left without power, food or clean water, leading to the deaths of more Americans than Katrina. I don't know if this new low (how many new lows have there been?) will be the crystallizing moment that our country regains its morality, but I welcome it, and I shall not criticize those who now see what we have already seen, despite their moral digressions of the past.

:lmao:  

@brianstelter

FollowFollow @brianstelter

More

No, these aren't cages, @SteveDoocy says. The authorities simply "built walls out of chain-link fences." Yes, that's a real quote from Fox just now.

:lmao:  

@brianstelter

FollowFollow @brianstelter

More

No, these aren't cages, @SteveDoocy says. The authorities simply "built walls out of chain-link fences." Yes, that's a real quote from Fox just now.
DOOCY: "Some refer to these [chain link child containments] as cages. I'm from a farm community, I see the chain-link fences, it's more like a security pen to me."

All the children go moo,moo, moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time someone tries to tell you Party over Country ain't a thing:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 43s43 seconds ago

Americans oppose Trump's family separation policy 66-27%. Republicans support it 55-35%. The only listed party, gender, education, age or racial group to support it. @QuinnipiacPoll

Next time someone tries to tell you Party over Country ain't a thing:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 43s43 seconds ago

Americans oppose Trump's family separation policy 66-27%. Republicans support it 55-35%. The only listed party, gender, education, age or racial group to support it. @QuinnipiacPoll
Im surprised at the 55% thought it would be much higher

Michelle Obama backs Laura Bush in her criticism of Trump's internment policy.

Be nice if their husbands followed suit.

Michelle Obama backs Laura Bush in her criticism of Trump's internment policy.

Be nice if their husbands followed suit.
I think the husbands may be trying to keep with precedence and may be avoiding direct advise or criticism of the sitting prez.  Have no doubt they are aware of their wives messages however.

I think the husbands may be trying to keep with precedence and may be avoiding direct advise or criticism of the sitting prez.  Have no doubt they are aware of their wives messages however.
Bill Clinton Tweeted his opposition yesterday. 

There's a massive disparity between the GOP and Americans on a number of important issues. The Democrats really should clean house in November. So much is being gift-wrapped for them.
It's a steep hill to climb considering gerrymandering (which apparently the SCOTUS refuses to address) and various voter suppression tactics. Rs do a really good job of the meta-game.

It's a steep hill to climb considering gerrymandering (which apparently the SCOTUS refuses to address) and various voter suppression tactics. Rs do a really good job of the meta-game.
Yup. That's why I dislike those who say the Democrats shouldn't assume Republican tactics. I'm not saying all and especially not ones that violate basic human rights and decency. But the Republicans are much more skilled at playing the political game. The Democrats need to stop being so damn nice and figure out how to win more.

Yup. That's why I dislike those who say the Democrats shouldn't assume Republican tactics. I'm not saying all and especially not ones that violate basic human rights and decency. But the Republicans are much more skilled at playing the political game. The Democrats need to stop being so damn nice and figure out how to win more.
We are on the same freq here, dude. I'm tired of the Ds being nice.

This sure sounds like the kind of demand kidnappers make:

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill 2h2 hours ago

Sessions: Trump admin wouldn't separate immigrant families if Congress passed border wall http://hill.cm/RynOV7t

DOOCY: "Some refer to these [chain link child containments] as cages. I'm from a farm community, I see the chain-link fences, it's more like a security pen to me."

All the children go moo,moo, moo
So... he literally compared these kids to farm animals? Am I getting that right?

Where are these Dooc(h)y comments coming from?  Is there video?  As much as I hate it, I feel I must hear these statements to believe they were spoken 

Audio from inside a detention facility.  Crying and wailing children heard throughout, as a border patrol agent jokes about an “orchestra” of tears. Awful.  One girl has her aunts number memorized but the aunt is apparently also seeking asylum and is afraid to come to the facility for fear that the Trump administration will deport her too.  Just awful. So embarrassed that this is my country, I wonder how I’d feel if I helped elect this administration.

I figure the discussion of this issue is better off in a thread that someone passing through won’t mistake for an MSNBC discussion.

White House Press Conference delayed for hours because Sarah Sanders refuses to be the one that has to take the heat for this child separation and imprisonment. They are flying someone else in from New Orleans to take the Heat. Not sure if it's a rare moment of morality for Sanders or she's just too weak to take the heat.

Audio from inside a detention facility.  Just awful. So embarrassed that this is my country, I wonder how I’d feel if I helped elect this administration.
It’s a horrible situation.  Lots of blame to go around.  I would put anyone that has used illegal drugs that has helped to fund the complete destruction of their home country by drug cartels WAY ahead of Trump voters on the blame meter. 

I think maybe it’s becuase we started separating children from their parents to send them there instead of just using them for unaccompanied minors?  I dunno, just a hunch :shrug:
Right. Therefore the conditions at the center only just became a problem. And now it's a Trump Youth Camp.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-mural-22-hour-lockdown-100901613.html

Trump mural, 22-hour lockdown and no MS-13: Inside overcrowded US child immigration detention centre

Hundreds of migrant children are effectively being “incarcerated” in an immigration detention centre in Texas, according a journalist given access to the facility.

Nearly 1,500 boys are crammed into overcrowded rooms and reportedly given only two hours fresh air a day at Brownsville’s Casa Padre, the largest centre of its kind in the US.

Many were forcibly separated from their families under the Trump administration’s “zero-tolerance” policy after illegally entering the country, according to MSNBC correspondent Jacob Soboroff.

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

AD

The number of unaccompanied migrant minors held across 100 centres has swelled to more than 11,000 in the weeks since the government launched the aggressive campaign to deter families crossing the border.

A 20-per-cent rise in children being held has brought the facilities to the brink of capacity, with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) now looking at building tent cities at military bases to hold thousands more minors.

Mr Soboroff, one of the first reporters allowed to tour Casa Padre after the zero-tolerance policy was introduced, said most children slept five to a room in dormitories designed only for four.

The government has allowed the centre, a converted supermarket run by private firm Southwest Key, to exceed that limit because of overcrowding.

“Kids here get only two hours a day to be outside in fresh air,” Mr Soboroff said. “One hour of structured time. One hour of free time. The rest of the day is spent inside a former Walmart.”

He added: “I have been inside a federal prison and county jails. This place is called a shelter but these kids are incarcerated.

Very disturbing. As I said in the other thread, we should be educating these kids and keeping them because we have a big pyramid scheme called social security that needs more people to put into it. 

In the eyes of Trump and his minions, those are cages full of future Democratic voters.  They'd set the whole room on fire if they didn't think anyone would notice. 

Nothing Nazi-like about any of this.

This is horrible, disgusting, and a failure of our elected officials (all of them, I will adamantly refuse to allow this to be formulated in some partisan fashion).

I’ve been taught and fed stories of American legacy my whole life, been led to believe that this is exactly what makes America great and why the world turns their eyes and hopes to our doors:  her opportunities and willingness to open her arms to all and share those opportunities.

Our handling of this crisis is un-American. We are forgetting, at best, or abandoning, at worst, the ideals that I’m told are what makes us the best, one of the main sources of “American pride”.  I am not a Democrat nor Republican, neither conservative nor liberal.  I am merely a citizen who thought his country stood for and was built upon a set of ideals, but is confronted with a picture that fully runs afoul of and contradictory to that.

I do not know the answer(s), either.  But that’s another part of the American pride equation missing:  collectively, as a people, we come together and make better.  That’s missing.  

Who brought it to our attention 18 months ago and does that excuse what's happening now?

Beyond disgraceful.  Evil.   Hopefully we'll eventually round up all of these people "just following orders" and charge them with crimes against humanity.

I got into this stuff here and again here.

The bottom line is that these have always been problematic because of the way they're operated IMO (by corporations motivated to do what's profitable instead of what's right), but are far more so now because of the new Trump administration policy of separating kids from parents- previously the facilities held only kids who were caught crossing the border unaccompanied.  That policy means:(1) some of the kids in there are going through that while also going through the more severe trauma of forced separation from their family; and (2) the facilities are far more crowded than before, which obviously makes for worse conditions. 

That said, it's also fair to ask what @knowledge dropper asked- why was there no outrage before?  There should have been, and we should demand that our government do better. We'd have done that to Obama even if problem was something that started before his administration, and we should hold this administration to the same standard.

I'd still like to know where the girls were taken. This is being glossed over. 

So next week the Republicans are bringing a bill to the floor which ends the separation of families, protects DACA, and funds the border wall. The whole purpose of the bill, IMO, is to force Democrats to vote against it (due to the Wall) so that they can blame the Dems. 

It is ridiculous but please don't let the administration change the narrative.

They are LYING. Its NOT a law. Its a Trump administration policy. He can change it anytime he wants.

I mean, obviously Jesus would take children away from their parents and stick them in internment camps.  
Where was all of your hysteria in 2014 when Obama admin was literally putting brown kids in cages?

http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

Please link to the threads started and outrage shared back then. 

Otherwise admit you don't care about any of this, you are just eaten alive with hatred for a guy who has beaten you day in and day out for 2+ years. 

And that you are incapable of original thought, only capable of regurgitating what CNN tells you to think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Audio from inside a detention facility.  Crying and wailing children heard throughout, as a border patrol agent jokes about an “orchestra” of tears. Awful.  One girl has her aunts number memorized but the aunt is apparently also seeking asylum and is afraid to come to the facility for fear that the Trump administration will deport her too.  Just awful. So embarrassed that this is my country, I wonder how I’d feel if I helped elect this administration.

I figure the discussion of this issue is better off in a thread that someone passing through won’t mistake for an MSNBC discussion.
You think THAT'S bad a professional athlete kneeled during the national anthem.  A black athlete!!

White House Press Conference delayed for hours because Sarah Sanders refuses to be the one that has to take the heat for this child separation and imprisonment. They are flying someone else in from New Orleans to take the Heat. Not sure if it's a rare moment of morality for Sanders or she's just too weak to take the heat.
It's this.  Just like Trump and  all bullys they can dish it out but can't take it.

I'd still like to know where the girls were taken. This is being glossed over. 

You know where, a place where he can grab them by the...  Oh never mind.

Wait. Seriously it’s all boys we’ve seen?

Hadn't thought of that.  Where the hell are all the girls?

Um, yeah. What happened here?

Maybe they are being housed in a shuttered Wal-Mart in Del Rio, but this feels kind of scandal-y.

Do you really care about the girls?

How about the fact that the majority of females brought from Central America to the US are sexually assaulted?

Are you even aware of this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault_of_migrants_from_Latin_America_to_the_United_States

The United Nations estimated that among women crossing without husbands or families, as many as 70% were victims of some form of abuse.[4]
At the time of the Amnesty International report, the non-profit estimated "as many as six in 10 women and girl migrants experience sexual violence during the journey."[1] It cites a 2006 study of already-detained migrant women in which 23 of 90 reported experiencing violence, with 13 saying the perpetrator was a state official.[1] The researchers involved believed actual numbers were likely higher.[1]
According to a report by Splinter News, as many as 80% of women and girls coming to the United States from Central America are sexually assaulted.[2]
Michelle Brané of the Women's Commission for Refugee Women and Children told Tucson Weekly that "nonprofit groups and even the U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement ... estimate that the vast majority of women and female children encounter some sort of sexual assault en route to the United States," and that "it's become the norm, and in many cases with female children, they just assume that there's been some sort of incident."[4]
Encouraging this behavior (illegal immigration) is encouraging the sexual assault of brown females. 

Let that sink in as you are counting your virtues. 

I trust that many of you have honest intentions. You care about humans. However, time and time again, you show that you have no clue what is actually happening, only what CNN and Twitter bots tell you to think. I encourage all of you to do some independent research when subjects like this come up so that you don't continue to embarrass yourself every time you post. 

I was suspended for speaking against the mob here last month, lets see if it happens again. 

Where was all of your hysteria in 2014 when Obama admin was literally putting brown kids in cages?

http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

Please link to the threads started and outrage shared back then. 

Otherwise admit you don't care about any of this, you are just eaten alive with hatred for a guy who has beaten you day in and day out for 2+ years. 

And that you are incapable of original thought, only capable of regurgitating what CNN tells you to think.
The Obama administration didn't rip these kids from their parents as they sought asylum as a family. That's 100% on Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread