What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Truth and Rumors article (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scor....nfl/index.html

Kansas City seems to be emerging as Terrell Owens' most likely destination. -- Philadelphia Daily News

Owners John Mara of the Giants and Woody Johnson of the Jets played key roles in helping prevent potential destruction of one of the most lucrative businesses in the world. Johnson teamed up yesterday with Jonathan Kraft, the son of Patriots owner Robert Kraft, to devise a revenue-sharing plan. It was interesting that the Jets and Patriots, at war since Bill Parcells escaped from New England in 1997, teamed up to save the league from itself.

-- New York Daily News

Under the new agreement, the top-five revenue teams, who have been the Redskins, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles and Texans, will contribute $3 million per year to the revenue-sharing fund. The next five teams will contribute $2 million per year and the next five $1 million per year.

-- New York Daily News

Now that an agreement has been reached, it's possible that the Colts will be able to re-sign Edgerrin James and the Steelers might keep Antwaan Randle El.

-- Newsday

Daunte Culpepper, apparently angered by a recent correspondence he received from the Vikings, wants out of Minnesota. Baltimore and Miami have been mentioned as potential suitors, but the Ravens are believed to be concerned about his health and the Dolphins appear to have turned their interest to soon-to-be free agent Drew Brees.

-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Forget the possibility of the Vikings signing free-agent quarterback Drew Brees of the Chargers. Word within NFL circles is that Brees' surgically repaired shoulder was more damaged than many people know. Quarterbacks who might intrigue the Vikings would seem to be Aaron Brooks of the Saints and Brian Griese of the Buccaneers.

-- St. Paul Pioneer Press

Count Bucs quarterback Chris Simms among those who won big Wednesday when the NFL finally reached an accord with the players union on a new collective bargaining agreement. Simms' ability to enter the free-agent market after next season could impact the Bucs' plans for fellow quarterback Brian Griese. Griese was expected to be one of the players cut in an effort to gain compliance with the salary cap, but the chance of losing Simms to another team after next season could force the Bucs to keep him.

-- Tampa Tribune

Only minutes after the NFL's owners voted 30-2 to extend the collective bargaining agreement for six years, the Patriots ended their 12-year agreement with all-time postseason sack leader Willie McGinest, according to one NFL personnel director last night. Although the Patriots reportedly remain hopeful of signing McGinest, league sources said last night that the Browns, Chargers, Cowboys and several other teams intend to explore signing McGinest.

-- Boston Globe

With Chad Pennington under contract for at least one more season, the Jets continued their quest to stabilize their quarterback spot yesterday, bringing in Redskins backup Patrick Ramsey for a visit. The Jets may not have to surrender much for Ramsey, probably a middle-round draft pick.

-- New York Times

The Redskins have given quarterback Ramsey permission to visit the Lions as part of a possible trade, according to a report.

-- Detroit Free Press

The Bears will monitor what could be a bidding war for Antwaan Randle El between Dallas, Philadelphia and Washington in addition to Randle El's own Steelers.

-- Chicago Tribune

At quarterback, the Bears once had interest in former Steeler Tommy Maddox, but no longer. Maddox could attract interest from Oakland. The Bears would bring back Jeff Blake rather than sign Jon Kitna.

-- Chicago Tribune

There appears to be substantial interest around the league in former Rams WR Isaac Bruce. According to league sources, Carolina and Tampa Bay have expressed interest in Bruce, joining Detroit, Houston and Washington.

-- St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Rams safety Adam Archuleta will be courted by Chicago and Washington, according to league sources.

-- St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Titans GM Floyd Reese said he talked quarterback Steve McNair's agent Bus Cook in general terms Wednesday, and that the two should talk more in the coming days to try to reach an agreement on an extension to lower his $23.463 million cap figure.

-- Nashville City Paper

The Cardinals are looking for help on the offensive line, especially at center and right guard. The best center available, former Saint LeCharles Bentley, is poised to sign with Philadelphia, according to reports. And it's not believed that the Cardinals have interest in the best offensive tackle available, Philadelphia's Jon Runyan. Sources confirm, however, that the Cardinals are targeting Texans guard Milford Brown and Lions guard Kyle Kosier, who played at Arizona State.

-- Arizona Republic

Six teams were interested in Shawn Barber, although not enough to coax the veteran linebacker with a couple of rebuilt anterior cruciate ligaments to sign more than a one-year contract on Wednesday with the Eagles. For those wondering about former Washington linebacker LaVar Arrington, who expressed interest in playing for the Eagles and the Giants, he wasn't on the team's radar.

-- Delaware County Times

The Browns have expressed interest in LaVar Arrington, according to his agent. The question now is whether Arrington has interest in them.

-- Cleveland Plain Dealer

Though they have yet to go on their first date, free-agent linebacker LaVar Arrington continues to flirt with the Giants. In a radio interview with The Ticket (790 AM) in Miami yesterday, the former Redskin again alluded to the Giants as being among his top potential destinations.

-- Newark Star-Ledger

The Redskins will be looking for veteran offensive linemen able to back up the starters, and they could land an established kicker and punter as well. Kickers Adam Vinatieri (New England), Mike Vanderjagt (Indianapolis) and Ryan Longwell (Green Bay) have impressive résumés, and a punter like Tom Rouen (Seattle) could be attractive to Washington, too.

-- Washington Post

The Redskins were close to terms with running back Rock Cartwright yesterday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, and have been negotiating with their other unrestricted free agents -- starting safety Ryan Clark, starting tight end Robert Royal and defensive lineman Demetric Evans -- and could reach deals with them in the immediate future, as well.

-- Washington Post

Safety has been targeted for a Falcons upgrade, and free-agent candidates include Lawyer Milloy, who was released by Buffalo, Seattle's Marquand Manuel and Tennessee's Tank Williams. The Falcons likely don't have enough room to pursue Pittsburgh safety Chris Hope.

-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Cowboys have had ongoing discussions with the agent for linebacker Scott Fujita, but fellow free-agents-to-be tight end Dan Campbell and guard Andre Gurode are not expected to re-sign.

-- Dallas Morning News

Coach Jack Del Rio has repeatedly declined comment on Jacksonville's plans. But in terms of first-tier free agents, the Jaguars are thought to be most interested in New Orleans center LeCharles Bentley and Carolina linebacker Will Witherspoon.

-- Florida Times-Union

:thumbup:

The Redskins have given quarterback Ramsey permission to visit the Lions as part of a possible trade, according to a report.

-- Detroit Free Press
I don't see where Ramsey is an upgrade, or much different than Joey.
At quarterback, the Bears once had interest in former Steeler Tommy Maddox, but no longer. Maddox could attract interest from Oakland. The Bears would bring back Jeff Blake rather than sign Jon Kitna.

-- Chicago Tribune
:X Maddox is finito.

Peterson and Edwards have indicated interest in wide receiver Terrell Owens once he’s released by the Eagles. Peterson again said the Chiefs wouldn’t be aggressive in that pursuit.

“I think I’ve been specific regarding our plans there,” Peterson said. “If Terrell and his agent are interested in a one-year contract with no guarantees and a lot of incentives, then we’re interested. He knows that, and his representative knows that. They haven’t called me back on that yet, and they may not call me back.

“That’s a very distant thing. I’m not focused on that right now. We’ll have to see how things go.”

KC Star link: Mar 10

As a LJ owner I do not want TO going to KC.
as an LJ owner, I DO want T.O. going to KC!!!c'mon..so he's a head case..Herm can deal with him there..give him the ball! it'll make defenses have to account for him, doubling him,tripling him possibly..with THAT happening, who's going to tackle LJ in the open field?? there will be too much attention given to T.O. in the opposing secondary,that when LJ breaks thru the line of scrimmage, he'll be gone!!!

I'm LOVING the fact that T.O. could be playing alongside LJ..

ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
as an LJ owner, I DO want T.O. going to KC!!!c'mon..so he's a head case..Herm can deal with him there..give him the ball! it'll make defenses have to account for him, doubling him,tripling him possibly..with THAT happening, who's going to tackle LJ in the open field?? there will be too much attention given to T.O. in the opposing secondary,that when LJ breaks thru the line of scrimmage, he'll be gone!!!

ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!!
You know that some of those goalline TD's that LJ is used to getting will go to TO. They will know that they have to cater to that oversized ego and will give him a few jump balls to placate that guy. It will probably help KC win NFL games but not help LJ owners win FFB games

ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!!
As an LJ AND T.O. owner I'm torn as to wether or not I would be better served by T.O. going to KC or Dallas... :loco:

Hey you projection folks, if ya start with most TDs by an O ever.

Priest re-sign? Can't recall.

He, Richardson, Brown, Smith whomever is LJ's backup is probably good for 3 TDs in relief.

Figure Tony G with how many?

Owens to get....

Kennison's gotta be good for what 3?

That Leaves LJ with...

Users who are viewing this thread