What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

Strickland jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab right jab jab jab jab jab right jab jab jab jab

Cant stop a take down to save his life

awful

He lost

Man, I really think this is Topuria's fight. Volk has looked invincible at this weight class but coming off a KO to Islam is going to factor in. I'm also surprised that as of today the Whittaker/Costa fight is still on, I really thought Costa would have had his excuse to back out in place by now.

yao ming is a problem for that division! hopefully my wifi holds up for the next hour for these next fights. fn head winds from ca to hono

Have they said why DC is being replaced with Bisping for 298? Interesting...
However, it should be noted that the former UFC double champion has a lot going on in his life other than his commentary work at the UFC. Cormier, other than being a father, has also been a wrestling coach for quite some time. He is the wrestling coach for the Gilroy High School.
Just as coincidence might have it, according to Gilroy High School’s official schedule, the high school will be having the CCS Masters Championship on the same date as UFC 298. This could be the reason why “DC” might be skipping commentating the event, given how much importance he gives to the wrestlers under him. However, it still hasn’t been officially announced as to why Cormier wouldn’t be calling the fights for UFC 298.

I can't believe Tafas corner is letting him go back out for round 2 with that leg.

Edit: yep. Dumb.
Surprising a fighter can get the UFC and not feel comfortable switching to Southpaw. I’m not saying equal to Orthodox , but refusing to make the switch is odd.

Ariel Helwani
@arielhelwani

Alex Pereira x Jamahal Hill for the light heavyweight title will headline UFC 300, per Dana White
ouch. he acted like UFC 300 would be huge. sorry, but Alex Pereira vs Jamahal Hill is a lame headliner. embarrassing.

UFC has a complete lack of names/starpower. I mean who really is left?

Been a glaring problem for awhile now. Theyve prioritized promoting UFC over the fighters.

None of these guys are worth paying for IMO. Jones nor McGregor will have fought in 3 years. If we're being honest here, McGregor - Diaz 3 would bring their biggest buyrate.....still somehow. And both are in steep decline and neither will have fought in over 3 years.

Last edited:
Mad props to Danny Barlow. Smoked his arm in R1 and still got the finish. Dude is a boss.

One of his trainers Jason Aldridge is a buddy of mine and our head of security for our Memphis in May BBQfest tent. He's the shorter white fuse with the beard walking around with him.

Absolutely awesome dude. Quiet... only drinks diet Dr Pepper.

We had a big ol country boy try to fight his way into our booth last year. Jason was very patient until he wasn't.

I didn't see it but apparently Jason put hands on him and within a second dude was face down in the gutter drain water with Jason on his back.

Police scooped him up and we carried on 😂

Ariel Helwani
@arielhelwani

Alex Pereira x Jamahal Hill for the light heavyweight title will headline UFC 300, per Dana White
ouch. he acted like UFC 300 would be huge. sorry, but Alex Pereira vs Jamahal Hill is a lame headliner. embarrassing.

UFC has a complete lack of names/starpower. I mean who really is left?

Been a glaring problem for awhile now. Theyve prioritized promoting UFC over the fighters.

None of these guys are worth paying for IMO. Jones nor McGregor will have fought in 3 years. If we're being honest here, McGregor - Diaz 3 would bring their biggest buyrate.....still somehow. And both are in steep decline and neither will have fought in over 3 years.
this is crazy, this card is a certified banger. McGregor hasn't been relevant since 2016, his fight to khabib in 2018 was embarrassing.

Gaethje/Holloway is going to be a banger, Oliveira hopefully wins and gets a rematch with Islam. Jiri/Rakic is not going the distance, Dana is serving up Aljamain to Kattar much like Figgy is being served Cody.

I made it to bdubs in Waikiki fresh off my flight and the place was packed for 298 and that card was no where near as stacked as the next 2.

Just watched a clip of Connors best press conference trash talking moments. Dude is epic. Love him or hate him the guy is a god with the mic in his hands.

"Who is that fookin guy". Ha ha

Just watched a clip of Connors best press conference trash talking moments. Dude is epic. Love him or hate him the guy is a god with the mic in his hands.

The crazy part is he's won one MMA bout in over 7 years over a washed Cowboy Cerrone and is still far and away the biggest PPV draw in it

The crazy part is he's won one MMA bout in over 7 years over a washed Cowboy Cerrone and is still far and away the biggest PPV draw in it
For sure. I've been a UFC fan since the beginning. Crazy how great the cards used to be. At least for me the current roster isnt a draw like it was in past. Connor would draw huge numbers. Hell, even a Rousey card would be big..

Nice card tomorrow night

UFC 299 fight card, odds​

• Sean O'Malley (c) -280 vs. Marlon Vera +230, bantamweight title

• Benoit Saint Denis -230 vs. Dustin Poirier +190, lightweight

• Kevin Holland -130 vs. Michael Page +110, welterweight

• Jack Della Maddalena -160 vs. Gilbert Burns +135, welterweight

• Petr Yan -115 vs. Song Yadong -105, bantamweight

• Curtis Blaydes -125 vs. Jailton Almeida +105, heavyweight

• Maycee Barber -210 vs. Katlyn Cerminara +175, women's flyweight

• Mateusz Gamrot -430 vs. Rafael dos Anjos +330, lightweight

• Kyler Phillips -260 vs. Pedro Munhoz +210, bantamweight

• Michel Pereira -155 vs. Michał Oleksiejczuk +130, middleweight

• Robelis Despaigne -360 vs. Josh Parisian +280, heavyweight

• Assu Almabayev -500 vs. C.J. Vergara +375, flyweight

• Maryna Moroz -230 vs. Joanne Wood +190, women's flyweight

Confident
Wood v Moroz - over
Gamrot - win
O’Malley - win (Chito looked like **** on the scale)
Despaigne - win (but be careful they’re heavyweights and he’s the new guy.)

Solid dog
Munhoz - but be careful… Phillips is still new so hard to know how much he improves.

Good lines
Yan to win- solid bet with those lines but a tough fight. *Watch the live bet on this one. If Yadong comes out strong but Yan is good after the first round the lines might jump in favor of Yadong. If they do I’ll likely hammer the line since Yan is a slow starter. Depends on what round 1 looks like but could be a sneaky shot for us.

You can also add Almeida or Blades going both ways on a parlay to boost your return. Just hedge with the other if you like one more than the other. I like Almeida but again they’re heavyweights and Curtis is no joke.

my bets:

blaydes, yan, gamrot, despaigne and over 2.5 wood/moroz: 30 to win 201.47 and placed a 2.00 round robin

almeida, yan, gamrot, despaigne, almabayev and over 2.5 wood/moroz: 30 to win 189 and placed a 2.00 round robin

one dumb one: yan, gamrot, despaigne, almabayev, muhnoz, benoit saint-denis, o'malley and over 2.5 wood/moroz: 10 to win 234

my bets:

blaydes, yan, gamrot, despaigne and over 2.5 wood/moroz: 30 to win 201.47 and placed a 2.00 round robin
Cha-ching!

Yan to win- solid bet with those lines but a tough fight. *Watch the live bet on this one. If Yadong comes out strong but Yan is good after the first round the lines might jump in favor of Yadong. If they do I’ll likely hammer the line since Yan is a slow starter. Depends on what round 1 looks like but could be a sneaky shot for us.
Great call here even though I wasn't watching the live odds.

Users who are viewing this thread