What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (6 Viewers)

O`Malley has insane boxing skills , his jab is world class

As a huge boxing fan he`s a joy to watch in MMA

meh. he's a nice mma striker and it looks like boxing against a mediocre mma fighter, but let's not put him in against shakur or gervonta. ngannou was enough.

O`Malley put on a clinic vs a tough Geico caveman
He switches from orthodox to southpaw as seamless as the greatest to do it , Marvin Hagler.

Very Impressed

I hit on these 2 parlays. Small bets.

Gamrot, Barber, Page, Della Maddalena
+530

Gamrot, Barber, Page, Phillips
+460

Blaydes ruined my 9 pick parlay I had at +3900

meh. he's a nice mma striker and it looks like boxing against a mediocre mma fighter, but let's not put him in against shakur or gervonta. ngannou was enough.
Not stirring the pot, just backing up what my opinion is about his boxing skills .

Seems the great Teddy Atlas falls on my side of this discussion, he thinks O`Malley would beat a lot of boxers and he has tremendous boxing skills

Go to the 01:38:43 - O'Malley vs Vera

Not stirring the pot, just backing up what my opinion is about his boxing skills .

Seems the great Teddy Atlas falls on my side of this discussion, he thinks O`Malley would beat a lot of boxers and he has tremendous boxing skills

:)

It's boring around here so stir the pot as you like. It's all good. There's a massive difference in saying he can beat a lot of boxers and saying he's like Marvin Hagler. If Teddy was asked to compare Sean to Marvin, his response would be be to laugh, I'm sure. I said STOP to that. I bolded Marvin Hagler. Prior to that I responded to you saying his jab is world class and his boxing skills are insane with...

he's a nice mma striker and it looks like boxing against a mediocre mma fighter, but let's not put him in against shakur or gervonta.

I stand by it 100%. I'd argue with Teddy too if he felt Sean has a chance against Shakur or Gervonta or a long list of boxers between 130 and 140. But Teddy didn't say anything like that, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't. "A lot of boxers" is probably referring to mediocre boxers. Sean could beat several, no doubt. And that's a huge compliment. But not anyone ranked in any nearby weight class.

I hate myself for this, but Teddy doesn't understand Chito and gave him to much respect. Chito is a one trick pony. No, a one kick pony. 4 years ago he kicked Sean in the head, dropped him and pounded him out. He did similar to Frankie and Dominick. But striking with Chito isn't anything like striking with a good boxer. Many didn't think he deserved the shot. He got it because that 4 year old kick made for good promotional material and Sean is ducking Merab. That's who deserved the shot, but Sean is probably getting taken down and dominated by Merab. So now he calls out Ilia after outpointing Chito for five rounds. That's a heckofa call out, but he needs to avoid Merab, and I think Ilia can make sense of my opinion by striking with Sean. Sean's the better boxer, but those little mma gloves and Ilia's explosiveness is intriguing.

Anyway, if you're invoking Marvin, I'm pretty sure my opinion tracks with Teddy's closer than yours. Yup, sweet footwork, sweet jab, good counters, good power with little gloves. But he's defending himself against kickboxers, ju jitsu guys and grapplers. Big difference than defending himself against world class boxers. Maybe Merab chokes out Sean (likely) and Sean chases the big dollars boxing. Then we'd find out who's seeing this right. :shrug:

It's boring around here so stir the pot as you like. It's all good. There's a massive difference in saying he can beat a lot of boxers and saying he's like Marvin Hagler. If Teddy was asked to compare Sean to Marvin, his response would be be to laugh, I'm sure. I said STOP to that. I bolded Marvin Hagler. Prior to that I responded to you saying his jab is world class and his boxing skills are insane with...

he's a nice mma striker and it looks like boxing against a mediocre mma fighter, but let's not put him in against shakur or gervonta.

I stand by it 100%. I'd argue with Teddy too if he felt Sean has a chance against Shakur or Gervonta or a long list of boxers between 130 and 140. But Teddy didn't say anything like that, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't. "A lot of boxers" is probably referring to mediocre boxers. Sean could beat several, no doubt. And that's a huge compliment. But not anyone ranked in any nearby weight class.

I hate myself for this, but Teddy doesn't understand Chito and gave him to much respect. Chito is a one trick pony. No, a one kick pony. 4 years ago he kicked Sean in the head, dropped him and pounded him out. He did similar to Frankie and Dominick. But striking with Chito isn't anything like striking with a good boxer. Many didn't think he deserved the shot. He got it because that 4 year old kick made for good promotional material and Sean is ducking Merab. That's who deserved the shot, but Sean is probably getting taken down and dominated by Merab. So now he calls out Ilia after outpointing Chito for five rounds. That's a heckofa call out, but he needs to avoid Merab, and I think Ilia can make sense of my opinion by striking with Sean. Sean's the better boxer, but those little mma gloves and Ilia's explosiveness is intriguing.

Anyway, if you're invoking Marvin, I'm pretty sure my opinion tracks with Teddy's closer than yours. Yup, sweet footwork, sweet jab, good counters, good power with little gloves. But he's defending himself against kickboxers, ju jitsu guys and grapplers. Big difference than defending himself against world class boxers. Maybe Merab chokes out Sean (likely) and Sean chases the big dollars boxing. Then we'd find out who's seeing this right. :shrug:
When i say Hagler im not comparing Hagler with O`Malley, im comparing his style when transitioning his stance during a fight , He switches flawlessly . Its hard to do that during an exchange . Its easy when on the outside of a pocket just moving around the ring.

chito never kicked sean in the head, it was a leg kick that caught a nerve and took the feeling out of sean’s leg. calling a guy with multiple submissions in the UFC a one trick pony is wild.

Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse, a new low is found.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Johnny Bones Jones

:sadbanana:
He was drunk and acted like an *******, that’s a new low?

Fair point. Jones has so many low points, it is hard to change the bar.

Still, getting arrested threatening to kill a woman is hardly a positive either.
yeah, but he’s only under investigation for the threats. For 99% of the population this would be a low point but for Jones this isn’t much.

It's 300 week :towelwave:

Early leans are:

Fig/Garb under 1.5
Green -180
Andrade -135 might bet this to be a KO/TKO
Turner -235 and first round KO/TKO

I need to see what the o/u is for KO/TKO as this card is stacked to have finishes. I probably just jinxed it :wall:
Anyone buying this one? I'm planning on checking it out at the local theater for $25. More than worth that price. Can't wait.

Man, I've got a dinner to go to at 6pm, which is when the early prelims start. I'm totally cutting out right after I eat and hope to be home by 8:30-9:00.

Gonna miss some good fights 😠

i got a $40 parlay that pays 258 of:
fig/cody under 2.5
Turner,zhang,arman,alex

I liked it before reading that drake bet on alex.

Man, I've got a dinner to go to at 6pm, which is when the early prelims start. I'm totally cutting out right after I eat and hope to be home by 8:30-9:00.

Gonna miss some good fights 😠

I am going to try and see every fight if possible tonight. I may never see a card with this much name recognition again in my lifetime.
DVR is definitely set for the night. Probably will want to watch these prelims again. Hitting the main with buddies at the local theater that shows them. Free popcorn and soft drinks as well!

Last edited:
Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse, a new low is found.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Johnny Bones Jones

:sadbanana:
He was drunk and acted like an *******, that’s a new low?

Fair point. Jones has so many low points, it is hard to change the bar.

Still, getting arrested threatening to kill a woman is hardly a positive either.
You would think this goes in the face of all of his reformation...but he draws so Dana won't do anything.

Early leans are:

Fig/Garb under 1.5
Green -180

I need to see what the o/u is for KO/TKO as this card is stacked to have finishes. I probably just jinxed it :wall:
Anyone buying this one? I'm planning on checking it out at the local theater for $25. More than worth that price. Can't wait.
I'll be watching for sure :oldunsure:

Early leans are:

Fig/Garb under 1.5
Green -180

I'll be watching for sure :oldunsure:
same boat i think

Jalin Turner just gave a perfect display of never pretend you are Mark Hunt with trying to walk off a knock out. If he follows up that shot and he wins easily. He basically threw the fight with the walk off nonsense.

Last edited:
Jalin Turner just gave a perfect display of never pretend you are mark Hunt with trying to walk off a knock out. If he follows up that shot and he wins easily. He basically threw the fight with the walk off nonsense.
yep, and killed one of my parlays because he’s a bonehead

Users who are viewing this thread