What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ultimate IDP Survivor Finals (1 Viewer)

I didnt understand the Jackson pick, his limited upside is not worth the risk of the 4 game suspension and his injury status .
So that's why he was available so late! :mellow:I should have just went LB with my last pick because I really devalue DT's in this league.I wasn't in love with the Ty Warren pick either, but under my strategy I thought he was the best DE available. That pool sure dried up quickly (thanks Bloom!).I'm not sure how long Mayo would have lasted, but the Patriots IDP's in general have a REALLY good SOS coming up (from the criteria I use). That's partly why I picked Warren, Mayo and Merriweather.I agree that my safety position is a mess. I may have dropped the ball with my last few picks. I don't really know who my 'starters' are. I'm banking on Piscitelli and Scott doing well with their recently anointed playing time.Thanks for the write up! I'm hoping that I don't die by the sword that is my 'momentum/good SOS' strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvey was a guy that was on my short list later in the draft. WAs hoping he would fall as my #6 DE

9th was Crippler, another player whose good drafting I saw first hand in the big play league as part of the first leg

Jenkins, Kris NYJ DT - 5Stroud, Marcus BUF DT - 6Allen, Jared MIN DE - 8Anderson, Jamaal ATL DE (Q) - 7Kearse, Jevon TEN DE - 6McCray, Bobby NOS DE - 9Odom, Antwan CIN DE - 10Peppers, Julius CAR DE - 9Brooks, Derrick TBB LB - 10Howard, Thomas OAK LB - 5Lewis, Ray BAL LB - 2Phillips, Shaun SDC LB - 9Porter, Joey MIA LB - 4Sims, Ernie DET LB - 4Thomas, Adalius NEP LB - 4Houston, Chris ATL CB - 7Jammer, Quentin SDC CB - 9Revis, Darrelle NYJ CB - 5Ross, Aaron NYG CB - 4Nelson, Reggie JAC S - 7Phillips, Kenny NYG S - 4Polamalu, Troy PIT S (P) - 6Pool, Brodney CLE S - 5Whitner, Donte BUF S - 6
Crippler started out with Jared Allen, and followed with Ray Lewis. No argument with either pick. DE/LB was probably the right call for a late first/early 2nd.Peppers and Porter were terrific picks in the 3rd and 4th. Peppers has shown the ability to have monster games again, and he might be the #1 DE in the 2nd half. Porter is playing some of the best ball of his career, he looks like he's being fired out of a gun sometimes.Crippler kept rolling with LBs, and I suppose a strong LB4 was important with Porter's OLB scoring profile. Sims has been mostly meh, and he's also banged up. I did like the Howard pick and think he's another LB whose value is magnified in survivor. At this point in the draft, no one's LBs could hang with Crippler's.Adalius Thomas was kind of overkill as Crippler's 5th LB in 7 picks, but he's another great survivor LB, and now Crippler is set up to have three top 20 games from this group in any given week. I can't argue with it, nor one of the last elite safeties, Troy Polamalu in the 8th (just hope his wife doesnt go into labor Monday afternoon). I'm not a huge fan of Brodney Pool, although he's playing hard hitting football, and has been in on some big plays now that the Browns D has picked up their play. Shaun Phillips really was overkill. He's not as explosive in the box score without Merriman on the other side, and I doubt he ever cracks your lineup. Anderson has been coming on, he's a fine 3rd DE and probably fell too far because he's coming off a concussion. I like Nelson's ballhawk ways as a survivor safety. I bet he'll score more often for you than Pool.I loved the Phillips pick in the 14th, but I thought Whitner was a little unnecessary in the 13th. He's playing some nickel corner and in general is not showing up in the box score. You needed to pay some attention to corner while you were stockpiling safeties.Odom was a fine DE4. I do love Revis and wanted him for my own team. He's a great bet for a pick six at some point in the second half of the season. He helped offset the neglect at corner.I loved McCray as a commodity in this league, I just couldnt take on more week 9 bye players. Nice pick. Jammer was a huge value. Like CC you kept us from hurting you for waiting at CB with good late picks, another one of week 9 bye CBs who fell too far. Houston is a fine big play corner, but he never shows up as a tackler, and with up and down Revis and week 9 bye Jammer, a surer scoring CB was in order. Brooks is also unlikely to score with the LBs you have. He was an unnecessary pick.Ross was your last corner pick, and I didnt like it. Poor play could get him demoted, and he's not making big plays like he did last year. Carrying only four corners, you needed another solid scorer to hedge your big play guys and Jammer's bye and you didn't get it in Ross.Kearse is a nice stab at a big week as a pass rusher in a good D, and I like that you waited to take your DTs til the end. You got two fine ones in Stroud and Jenkins.I love love love Crippler's LBs, they could keep this team going for a while... and they'll need to unless Peppers and Allen get hot. His CBs are a possible achilles heel with only one sure scorer. Crippler is vulnerable to one of the weakest scores this week and might have to sweat in week 10. This looks like a middling team to me, but there are some explosive guys who could carry Crippler to the finals.

1st of all. Thanks for the writeup, Bloom. Have been coming on all day just to read. You made this very interesting. And thanks for the compliments. 1st time doing FBG and I got lucky to do the O one and ended up in semis(I am done after this week though), ended up here in finals and still going to at least week 10 in the 16 team IDP. Very happy with my success as I dont indulge in the numbers like others and other than position strategy, I just go by the gut.

Well my strategy was pretty clear. Even though I wish I had got one more stud DE instead of the LB because there was some later on.

I wanted to score well at the 3 positions, I consider key each and every week in DE, LB and S and why the overkill on each.

DE: 2 studs and a bunch of guys that hopefully 1 steps up to give me big points each week

LB: I am starting 4 each week no matter what and hope to get 60 per week. Brooks is my favourite LB and he was a must. Last name of Brooks might be the reason why. I think Phillips will have some huge games along with crap with Cotrell gone

S: Pool was my baseline guy as he has scored not bad in the 1st half. The rest are ball hawk types with Polomula as my stud

CB: Agree my worst position but I also think a position that wont carry you. Was checking out the balanced leagues and noticed this. Plus I play in a IDP with 1 pt per tackle for 4 per big play and I carry 2 CB's on roster period. Have had alot of success with this. Bye weeks hurt as I had to drop guys who were good value with only going 4 and taking Jammer. Hopefully they dont hurt me as my other positions carry me

DT: Useless position in fantasy. I got 2 guys I liked by waiting. Most of the top guys had some question marks about them. Rogers is a suspension away from happening. Kevin might get suspended. Haynesworth is due for his usual place on the injured report and the rest are ho hum. Henderso was probably my fav pick after the top 4.

Picking 10th all the way from Germany... Chainz

Haynesworth, Albert TEN DT - 6Thomas, Marcus DEN DT - 8Ekuban, Ebenezer DEN DE - 8Holliday, Vonnie MIA DE - 4Kerney, Patrick SEA DE (O) - 4Kiwanuka, Mathias NYG DE - 4Smith, Aaron PIT DE - 6Taylor, Jason WAS DE (O) - 10Barnett, Nick GBP LB - 8Lofton, Curtis ATL LB - 7Posluszny, Paul BUF LB - 6Scott, Bart BAL LB - 2Thomas, Pat KCC LB - 6Tulloch, Stephen TEN LB - 6Witherspoon, Will STL LB - 5Barber, Ronde TBB CB - 10Finnegan, Cortland TEN CB - 6Mathis, Rashean JAC CB (P) - 7McGee, Terrence BUF CB - 6Bethea, Antoine IND S - 4Butler, James NYG S - 4Horton, Chris WAS S (P) - 10Sharper, Darren MIN S - 8Williams, Brian JAC S - 7
Puz is a kinda uninspiring first rounder, but he's a quality 4-3 MLB. Haynesworth in the 2nd pretty much ties your team's fate to his performance. It's a strong move early that opens you up to put together a team that will not only make the finals, but have a chance to win it. Four of his first seven games, he's given you an elite DT total. Two of the other three, he still got enough tackles to be a top option at DT. I like it, but I don't know if I would have done it.Kiwanuka was a tremendous pick. Like Peppers, I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish as the #1 DE in the second half. Taking Kerney was a big miscue though. Hearing that the shoulder that was hurt was the same one that was surgically repaired in the offseason was enough for me to cross him off my list. It's not that surprising that all of the sudden his season seems in jeopardy. This pick put you in a hole. I have to say it was only Tuesday and the news was kind of under the radar, it just came earlier that day, so this is somewhat like the Marlin Jackson thing. Kerney could grit through it and maybe produce some sacks, but I dont think he'll be the guy he was earlier this year and last year during the second half of the season.I can't argue with Finnegan or Barnett, both terrific values and terrific picks. I think hitching your wagon to the difference makers on the Titans D is a fine strategy. Finnegan was a force in the first half of the season. Barnett has underperformed, but his track record speaks for itself. I was just starting to think he might fall to me at the 6/7 turn when Chainz nabeed him.Witherspoon was another nice pick. Again, underperforming, but a good track record and he's playing in a defense that is surging. Brian Williams was a bit of a banana peel. He's been playing more corner and he might not reproduce his good numbers from the first half. He wasn't making big plays either, so another safety was called for here.I like the rookies Lofton and Horton in the 9th/10th. I was thinking about Lofton at the 8/9 turn, and he showed his terrific blitz ability last week, the Falcons are sure to use it more often in the second half. Horton is banged up, but like Ndukwe, this kid just has a nose for the ball and he'll make more big plays in the second half.McGee is banged up and Mathis is all or nothing, but we know from the past that both of these guys are liable to be the #1 CB in any given week. I like this combo and this was the right part of the draft to focus on CB. Ebukan is like Spicer, a guy who hustles for sacks and will make big plays with effort. Bethea was a nice baseline safety and a good use of a 14th pick. Chainz was on point through the mid rounds.You have to like an LB like Scott in the 15th for a survivor league, the Ravens D consistently produces big plays. Smith is a good baseline DE, but they were available later than the 16th.Good use of the 17th and 18th with Barber and Butler. Barber's on his victory lap, but he's still playing aggressive football, and Butler is part of an underrated NYG safety crew and he's been coming on.Im not a big fan of Pat Thomas in the 19th, he's had plenty of opportunity and still only puts up mediocre numbers, but I do like Sharper. Even at this late juncture of his career, he's a threat for a pick six in any week.Chainz finish was not too strong, Tulloch is another mediocre limited opp LB and Holliday is another baseline DE, but Taylor was a nice pick to compliment the baseline DEs after the Kerney news got worse. Thomas is a good athletic DT and he's a fine hedge against Haynesworth injury.This team was off to a good start until the Kerney landmine exploded. Still if Kiwanuka and Haynesworth play up to their potential, and Barnett and Witherspoon start clicking in their defenses, Chainz can hang. He's got four strong corners and an array of good safeties. If Kerney was healthy this team would be a favorite to go the distance.

I have to thank our 11 spot drafter, buck56, for making me think of the "Freedom Costs a Buck Oh Five" line from the song "Freedom isn't Free" from "Team America"

Harris, Tommie CHI DT (P) - 8Kelly, Tommy OAK DT - 5Dumervil, Elvis DEN DE - 8Keisel, Brett PIT DE - 6Smith, Antonio ARI DE - 7White, Dewayne DET DE - 4Barton, Eric NYJ LB - 5Farrior, James PIT LB - 6Greenwood, Morlon HOU LB - 2Harris, David NYJ LB (D) - 5Hayes, Gerald ARI LB - 7Johnson, Brandon CIN LB - 10Ware, Demarcus DAL LB - 10Webster, Nate DEN LB - 8Craft, Jason STL CB - 5Hall, Leon CIN CB - 10Lowery, Dwight NYJ CB - 5McDonald, Brandon CLE CB - 5Wright, Eric CLE CB - 5Atogwe, Oshiomogho STL S - 5Davis, Keith DAL S - 10Kaesviharn, Kevin NOS S - 9Landry, LaRon WAS S (Q) - 10Mikell, Quintin PHI S - 7
The start of Ware/White was a boom/bust combo who have proven they will give buck56 top 5 weeks when they are on. I'm not a huge fan of White, but he's been a heat seeker around the QB with a knack for separating the QB from the ball.I don't love Atogwe, but like Pisa, he has come alive with the rest of the Rams defense, and like Horton and Ndukwe, he has an uncanny way of being around when the ball is fumbled (by an offensive lineman) or is deflected in the air. I don't love Webster either, but like Atogwe, he has had a knack for being around the ball and dishing out big hits.I really like Farrior and Hayes as good hedges against Webster and Ware, whose games rely more on big plays. Both of them will be in the double digits all but a few weeks. Mikell was a value, he's cooled off a little, but he definitely has the potential to be an elite option in the second half of the season. Wright was also a very nice pick, I considered him a top 5 CB. Lowery works as a CB2. In addition to getting picked on under the rookie CB rule, yielding tackles and opps for interceptions, Lowery is actually a good tackler with good ball skills. Can't say I don't like Dumervil in the 10th, but buck waited too long to take a DE2. Dumervil will give him 2 or 3 top games, but there's still a lot to cover with White's up and down scores and spotty health.I really liked Barton, he could be one of the steals of the draft. I seriously considered him over Freeney, but I already had five LBs. He should rack up tackles in Harris's spot and he was a decent baseline in his own spot. I didn't like Johnson as much. Even though he's a solid LB, I doubt he scores with the five ahead of him and the lack of a big play profile.Keisel was a good baseline DE in the 13th, and I liked Kelly in the 14th, he's coming on, and he's got the potential to score like Haynesworth or Rogers in any given week.Craft and Kaesviharn are two more players who I doubt on the talent level but I can't dispute the numbers for IDP leagues. Craft gets picked on a lot, but he is a decent tackler, and KK is a hard hitter even if coverage is not his forte. he's had great runs of big plays in the past.Buck continues a very good draft with McDonald and Landry in the 17th/18th. Landry was still a great pick, injury, bye week and all. He's a terrific 4th safety who can put up flex points in a good week. McDonald seems to draw the best WR on the opposition a lot, and he has been a strong tackler. A Harris daily double in 19/20. I like pairing Harris with Barton, solidifies that LB5, and a possible LB1 if he comes back strong. Tommie Harris is just as explosive as Tommy Kelly, and like Tony, buck should get top DT production without spending a high pick.Leon Hall was a fine 5th CB late, he'll get plenty of chances to make plays, but I'm not sure about Keith Davis. He hasn't done much, and even though he's getting more playing time, he's just a mediocre backup forced into duty. Antonio Smith was another fine baseline DE to contribute to the DE2 committee. Greenwood was a wasted pick, he won't score with Buck's LB corps.I really like a LOT about Buck's draft, but the DE deficiency could be a major drag if White goes cold in the second half. This team should have taken a few less picks at LB and devoted them to sack artists. Bucks secondary and DT combo is also very strong, and they could help this team to finals anyway, but the DE hole may keep it from finishing on top.

And bringing us home, another prohibitive favorite before this thing ever began in the 12 spot... Rozelle

Brock, Raheem IND DT - 4Cofield, Barry NYG DT - 4Ogunleye, Adewale CHI DE - 8Schobel, Aaron BUF DE (O) - 6Seymour, Richard NEP DE - 4Smith, Will NOS DE - 9Suggs, Terrell BAL DE - 2Tollefson, Dave NYG DE - 4Brackett, Gary IND LB - 4Fletcher, London WAS LB - 10Gaither, Omar PHI LB - 7Mitchell, Kawika BUF LB - 6Spencer, Anthony DAL LB (P) - 10Timmons, Lawrence PIT LB - 6Urlacher, Brian CHI LB - 8Griffin, Cedric MIN CB - 8Henry, Anthony DAL CB (P) - 10Jennings, Tim IND CB - 4Samuel, Asante PHI CB - 7Godfrey, Charles CAR S - 9Hope, Chris TEN S - 6Reed, Edward BAL S (P) - 2Rolle, Antrel ARI S - 7Weddle, Eric SDC S - 9
Rozelle is the only other drafter who had back to back picks throughout the draft, so I was looking forward to watching how he used his pairs, and I knew he'd assemble one of the top contenders in the contest.Brackett/Suggs matches the quality early strategy of an anchor DE and an anchor LB. Both are past their byes. Suggs was almost the pick at #1, so of course I think he was a steal at 1.12. Urlacher/Fletcher at 3/4. Ok, it is clear at this point that Rozelle is going come strong. This was like a shot across the bow, giving him a legitimate shot at three top 10 LB scores in any given week. Both have been underperforming, but Urlacher came on last year, and you just can't keep these guys down for long. Bravo_Ogunlete/Hope at 5/6. Ogunleye is another underperformer who could explode, definitely one of the best pure pass rushers left at that point, and in a good attack defense. Hope is a #1 safety just like he used to be, kudos to him on the strong return from that scary injury last year. He was a quality use of this pick.Seymour/Weddle at 7/8 - Seymour has been playing some of the best ball he's played in years, and he's getting to the QB, a good DE3 for sure. Weddle is still struggling to play his best football, but his numbers are there, and he's one of the #2 safeties on any of our teams.Griffin/Mitchell at 9/10 - I thought about Griffin at the 8/9 turn, he was a #1 corner just sitting there! The people who waited on corner also seemed to make the best picks at the position. Mitchell has been around the ball a lot lately, and he was a good hot hand pick this late. With his top 3 Lbs, only big games will crack his lineup anyway.Gaither/Schobel - Gaither is another big play LB, and he's another player I almost took a round earlier at the 10/11 turn. Schobel might have been a misstep. He doesn't seem to be getting much better, but a 12th rounder isnt a huge risk, so its calculated and probably worth it at this point.Rolle/Timmons at 13/14 - Rozelle keeps taking players I almost took. Timmons was a guy I really hoped would fall to my next pair. He's the pick that can win this thing. In Rozelle's case, Timmons might be overkill because of his strong top 5 LBs, but he plays keep away from us. Timmons has the look of a player that will be a top 10 option once he's an everydown starter, and that could happen with a Farrior/Foote injury. he also has the look of a player who can have an IDP fantasy week on two plays so he's still a threat in a survivor league. Rolle is playing more aggressive every week at safety, he's a fine third safety.Jennings/Samuel at 15/16 - the hits keep coming. Rozelle nails a CB pair taking advantage of the news on Marlin Jackson, and getting ballhawk extraordinaire Asante Samuel. well done.I pondering using a pair to just cement a DT pair I liked, but decided in the end to make my last pick a DT and just one I liked around the same time Rozelle took his pair of Cofield and Brock. Brock is a saavy play with his snaps at DE, and Cofield is a run stuffer who gets a sack here and there as part of the Giants swarming D-Line.Reed and Tollefson were also great picks at the 19/20, I almost took Reed at the 15/16 turn. He's another pick six threat, and Tollefson is situational, but being on that Giants D-Line is a great situation.I was a big fan of Anthony Spencer coming out of Purdue, but he hasn't broken out this year, and I didn't really like the Godfrey pick either, he's been quiet and you were pretty well set at safety. Henry has been a big play guy in the past, but he's been posterized more often than not this year. Smith is a fine gamble for a last pick. Rozelle is absolutely a favorite to take this thing. His LBs are scary good, and he did the best he could to cover a DE2 hole. His CBs are thin and his DTs won't blow you away, but that LB corps could carry him all the way to the title. Definitely one of the best drafts in the group.

Now I think I stack up well vs Rozelle in the end as 2 teams that drafted fairly similar in the end with only 4 CB each and loading up at LB with overkill

I liked Blooms team as the only one that really stuck out to me. MY buddy was looking and he thought all the staff guys looked very good. Us non-staff might just get shutout in this thing.

I have to thank our 11 spot drafter, buck56, for making me think of the "Freedom Costs a Buck Oh Five" line from the song "Freedom isn't Free" from "Team America"

Harris, Tommie CHI DT (P) - 8Kelly, Tommy OAK DT - 5Dumervil, Elvis DEN DE - 8Keisel, Brett PIT DE - 6Smith, Antonio ARI DE - 7White, Dewayne DET DE - 4Barton, Eric NYJ LB - 5Farrior, James PIT LB - 6Greenwood, Morlon HOU LB - 2Harris, David NYJ LB (D) - 5Hayes, Gerald ARI LB - 7Johnson, Brandon CIN LB - 10Ware, Demarcus DAL LB - 10Webster, Nate DEN LB - 8Craft, Jason STL CB - 5Hall, Leon CIN CB - 10Lowery, Dwight NYJ CB - 5McDonald, Brandon CLE CB - 5Wright, Eric CLE CB - 5Atogwe, Oshiomogho STL S - 5Davis, Keith DAL S - 10Kaesviharn, Kevin NOS S - 9Landry, LaRon WAS S (Q) - 10Mikell, Quintin PHI S - 7
The start of Ware/White was a boom/bust combo who have proven they will give buck56 top 5 weeks when they are on. I'm not a huge fan of White, but he's been a heat seeker around the QB with a knack for separating the QB from the ball.I don't love Atogwe, but like Pisa, he has come alive with the rest of the Rams defense, and like Horton and Ndukwe, he has an uncanny way of being around when the ball is fumbled (by an offensive lineman) or is deflected in the air. I don't love Webster either, but like Atogwe, he has had a knack for being around the ball and dishing out big hits.I really like Farrior and Hayes as good hedges against Webster and Ware, whose games rely more on big plays. Both of them will be in the double digits all but a few weeks. Mikell was a value, he's cooled off a little, but he definitely has the potential to be an elite option in the second half of the season. Wright was also a very nice pick, I considered him a top 5 CB. Lowery works as a CB2. In addition to getting picked on under the rookie CB rule, yielding tackles and opps for interceptions, Lowery is actually a good tackler with good ball skills. Can't say I don't like Dumervil in the 10th, but buck waited too long to take a DE2. Dumervil will give him 2 or 3 top games, but there's still a lot to cover with White's up and down scores and spotty health.I really liked Barton, he could be one of the steals of the draft. I seriously considered him over Freeney, but I already had five LBs. He should rack up tackles in Harris's spot and he was a decent baseline in his own spot. I didn't like Johnson as much. Even though he's a solid LB, I doubt he scores with the five ahead of him and the lack of a big play profile.Keisel was a good baseline DE in the 13th, and I liked Kelly in the 14th, he's coming on, and he's got the potential to score like Haynesworth or Rogers in any given week.Craft and Kaesviharn are two more players who I doubt on the talent level but I can't dispute the numbers for IDP leagues. Craft gets picked on a lot, but he is a decent tackler, and KK is a hard hitter even if coverage is not his forte. he's had great runs of big plays in the past.Buck continues a very good draft with McDonald and Landry in the 17th/18th. Landry was still a great pick, injury, bye week and all. He's a terrific 4th safety who can put up flex points in a good week. McDonald seems to draw the best WR on the opposition a lot, and he has been a strong tackler. A Harris daily double in 19/20. I like pairing Harris with Barton, solidifies that LB5, and a possible LB1 if he comes back strong. Tommie Harris is just as explosive as Tommy Kelly, and like Tony, buck should get top DT production without spending a high pick.Leon Hall was a fine 5th CB late, he'll get plenty of chances to make plays, but I'm not sure about Keith Davis. He hasn't done much, and even though he's getting more playing time, he's just a mediocre backup forced into duty. Antonio Smith was another fine baseline DE to contribute to the DE2 committee. Greenwood was a wasted pick, he won't score with Buck's LB corps.I really like a LOT about Buck's draft, but the DE deficiency could be a major drag if White goes cold in the second half. This team should have taken a few less picks at LB and devoted them to sack artists. Bucks secondary and DT combo is also very strong, and they could help this team to finals anyway, but the DE hole may keep it from finishing on top.
your dead on Bloom my DE's are going to kill me, had Ware and White predrafted in the first and second, had to go to work and no computer access. had Suggs before White and couldn't believe Rozelle sniped him the pick before me, was bummed to say the least,Davis was a waisted pick, predrafted again and took my kids to a halloween party, got home and couldn't believe i got the last safety on my list.I was hoping greenway might do something this year, but it was a huge reach.Thanks for taking the time to break down everyones draft, i enjoyed all of them, i found myself at the computer every 30 min. or so waiting for the next critique.Loved this in season, IDP only draft. it moved along at a nice pace and the competition is fierce. thanks to FBG for putting this league together.if you do this again next year i would love to be in it again.Good luck!! :goodposting:

Great job, Sig. Awesome writeups and a lot of discussion fodder as the weeks move along.

A number of things were apparent last Sunday night.

1. This group is stacked. Four current staffers, multiple well-respected message boarders and a couple of posters who really showed up in the first leg.

2. Byes were again going to be an issue. Not so much because two would be kicked off after Week 10, but because those of us who loaded up with W9 and W10 players in the first leg remember that there were a TON of good ones -- Willis, Vilma, Beason, etc, etc, etc at every position. Dodging them would be important, but very difficult to pull off and still draft the best players within tiers.

3. The DE group was absolutely crushed by injury and suspension concerns. I was hoping there'd be big LB runs early and I could snag two solid players in the first four rounds. I thought the CB crowd was very deep and the DT group nearly useless.

4. The flex spot is HUGE in this thing. Two teams will be voted off in Weeks 11, 12 and 13. Your flex slot sucks in those weeks, you're done.

5. There's enough matchup data now to pay attention and plan around schedules. Three sets of schedules. Cover your early bye players by drafting so-so players with monster matchups late. Focus on big play matchups in W11-13 to CYA, then assess the W14-16 matchups with close decisions within tiers.

6. I had no idea what to expect from Sig, who would be picking twice between my picks. I knew he'd go upside over consistency and I figured him for DEs early. I also know that he routinely sees through scoring systems and always sees the right angles in the rule set. I nearly always love his drafts and kick myself for missing something that he picked up on. I was hoping he'd not muck with me too much.

Defensive Tackle

7.02 Tony Brown

18.11 Brandon Mebane

After taking Tommy Kelly early in Leg 1 and just about every other IDP draft I did this summer, I was ready to slough this position for value. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced there's any value to be had. So I grabbed the best three-technique in the league, and right around the time I reached for Kelly in the other drafts. It'll be nice if this one pays off. Mebane is making himself into a very good player and if the Seahawks get their stuff together, that front seven could be much more productive in the second half.

Defensive Line

2.11 Trent Cole

5.02 Justin Smith

11.02 Darnell Dockett

20.11 Greg White

23.02 Turk McBride

Going in, I was hoping to see a big ole LB run that would leave me with two monster DEs at the 2/3 turn. Looking back, that was stupid. I know Sig well enough to know that I should have expected Mario Williams #1 overall. I don't think I would have passed Willis or DJ Williams, but I might have been a little more prepared for the first turn. Still, Cole was a gift -- DEs with 7-8 solo, multi-sack potential are monsters in this format. Hard to argue with Yeremiah Bell with my other pick at that turn, but Robert Mathis may have been a better play. Smith was the last of the all-around DEs in the tier and was a pick I went back and forth on for an hour (vs Channing Crowder). Dockett and White have a history of multiple sack games and very good matchups during the second half. May have flaked on the McBride pick, but you never know when your three pass rushers take a dump at the same time and McBride's four solos save the day.

Linebacker

1.02 Patrick Willis

4.11 Stewart Bradley

6.11 Calvin Pace

9.02 AJ Hawk

10.11 Ben Leber

15.02 Daryl Smith

17.02 Matt Roth

24.11 Travis LaBoy

It sounds ###-backwards, but LBs are the equivalent to WRs in an IDP survivor league. Get two top 25 players and fill the lineup with monster potential behind. Willis, Bradley and Leber should be safe picks each week. In reality, I'm looking for at least two of the Pace, Hawk, Roth and LaBoy crew to bust out a 12+ point game each week. The Harrison/Woodley discussion is something I'll hit on later, but all-around OLB with big play potential are perfect rosters in this format. They don't kill you when they bust and they help you advance when they hit. Get the ones with a little tackle value and great schedules -- which I think I did -- and you should hit more often than not. Daryl Smith is the only pick I'd like to have back here. That pick should have been Marvin White, Richard Marshall, Quentin Jammer or Bobby McCray. And Sig should look at Mr. Bradley's schedule. The poor tackle matchups are huge pass rushing matchups (CIN, CLE, ARI). The good tackle matchups (NYG, BAL, WAS) are supahgood.

Cornerback

8.11 Charles Tillman

13.02 Marcus Trufant

19.02 Corey Webster

21.02 Domonique Foxworth

22.11 Ron Bartell

Tillman is the best cornerback in the league in this system. Steady tackler with every bit the big play value that a Cromartie or Marshall has. There was enough reassuring news about his injury to take the risk, especially at the end of the 8th. Trufant *should* get better as the Seahawks get healthier and is a consistent enough tackler to remain zero-proof. If Tillman and Trufant play to form in the second half, this team becomes very tough to beat because I add at least two interesting corners to the flex mix. Webster and Bartell suck just enough to stay relevant in the tackle columns and find ways to put themselves around the ball enough to add a big week or two each. I was getting a ATL CB in this thing -- the schedule is too good -- and Crippler snaked Houston from me. Debated over Grimes and went with Foxworth. We'll see. Fussy that Crippler got Jammer from me -- stupid Daryl Smith -- and no way Clements would have lasted so long if I hadn't already had three Niners (Willis, Smith and Lewis) rostered.

Safety

3.02 Yeremiah Bell

12.11 Atari Bigby

14.11 Calvin Lowry

16.11 Michael Lewis

Bloom's right. If I don't last long in this deal, it's going to be the 14/15 turn that I'll rue the most. Lowry could be the 2007 version of Hamza Abdullah or the 2008 version. I better be getting the former. That pick goes against everything I usually do in these drafts. It should have been Deon Grant if I wanted a safety without a bye, or any number of the others I've already mentioned that I cost myself. Bell, Bigby and Lewis might make Lowry an afterthought anyway.

With a couple of flaky picks thrown in, I think I stuck to a decent gameplan. Avoiding injuries and lineup changes will be huge for whomever makes it to the final three week period. Good luck to everybody that made it this far and thanks for a great inseason draft.

All I can say is Bloom is a real trooper… what an awesome job with the write-ups. Thanks for taking the time, great reads, very much appreciated.

Everyone has a good team, whoever stays healthy and can catch a break here or there will win this thing. Tec79 already caught a tough one with Marlin Jackson. If Tony can get past the first cut, lookout.

I didn’t like the Godfrey pick either, was looking for the mulligan button, should have taken a corner. I went to bed Friday nite with Karl Paymah 23:12 and Champ Bailey 24:01 pre-drafted, but the uncertainty with Paymah scared me off. My final pick was between Smith, Laboy and Marcus Washington.

If Spencer can stay healthy (hope the hammy holds up), he could have some huge games.

This article Cowboys ready to unleash Anthony Spencer really sold me on Spencer, was hoping he’d make it back to me, rarely happened with this crew.

Good Luck... stay healthy

Everyone has a good team
:thumbup: This is a great group and one of the most fun drafts Ive ever done, so I wanted to get my thoughts down on everyone's team - stream of consciousness style - before the season started, just so we could look back and see how wrong I was in a few weeks, and give everyone some feedback on the hard work they did. I am impressed with everyone's team no matter what I said in the review. I have to take a stand on some teams or the writeups get pretty boring, eh? IDP fantasy football tends to be populated with more football purists and I think that's part of what made this so great, knowing that everyone here just loves watching football. You couldn't get through a 24 round all IDP draft if you didn't. We broke some new ground in the fantasy football world this week, made fantasy football history, and that's not something that happens very often anymore.My official prediction for the final 4(not including myself, that's bush league):Chaos CommishRozelleJeneCripplermy favorite to win it all... Chaos Commish.

First, thanks to all of the participants for making this draft challenging and timely. There is nothing more frustrating than waiting forever to pick. Fast and challenging is the best it gets.

Second, thanks to Bloom for the analysis. He pretty much nailed my team.

Now, for a quick analysis.

NOTE: I am a gambler by nature and my draft reflects that.

With regards to the bye weeks, I was not concerned with week 9 as much as some. One reason is because I figured there would be 2-3 teams that I believed would be weaker than the rest, as is the case in almost every draft. Another reason is there are always a couple of clunkers every week in this format, even for a strong team. So I figured I would take the chance that I could have a solid enough draft to sneak through week 9. We also have 10 of 12 teams advancing. My thought was if others were bypassing players with a week 9 bye, then I could get some tremendous value fairly early.

The one thing I overdid was taking players who are banged up and the biggest negative is that I need a few of them to help me in week 9. If I go down this week, that will probably be the reason. While I think I found some great value, it may not matter if I don't get past week 9.

Week 10 was a week that I was more concerned about. I didn't mind if I had a couple of players off in week 10, but I really made a major gaffe by hurrying a pick and not paying attention, as I stated in an earlier post. My 2nd pick was Barrett Ruud, a stud tackling machine with a week 10 bye. No chance he falls this far without the bye. All the way down to round 9, I took Dhani Jones, also with a week 10 bye. He has made a ton of tackles and will be on the field a lot the rest of the year with the struggles of the Cincy offense. That pick was made with full knowledge of having another LB with a week 10 bye. The gaffe was taking a 3rd LB with a week 10 bye, Rocky McIntosh. I was in full scramble mode after that. That was a straight up stupid pick which put me on my heels for most of the remainder of the draft.

Now, position by position:

19.04 DT Cory Redding

20.09 DT John Henderson

Yeah, DT is probably the lowest position on the totem pole, but to get Redding and Henderson this late was a boon for my team. Redding has really played well over the last 3 games, looking like the stud DT who had a bunch of sacks 2 years ago. He also will be on the field a lot and should have solid tackle numbers. Henderson is solid and fit one big need for me: he plays the Bengals and Lions in weeks 9 and 10 and both teams are terrible in pass protection. I'm hopeful of at least one big game from him in those two weeks.

Overall, I'm rock solid at DT.

3.04 DE Kyle Vanden Bosch

7.04 DE Alex Brown

8.09 DE Leonard Little

16.09 DE Charles Grant (week 9 bye)

22.09 DE Chris Kelsay

This is the position that I gambled heavily on. Vanden Bosch is an elite DE, but he has been banged up. He should play in week 9, but it's questionable how effective he will be. I expect him to be close to 100% by week 10. We'll see if that is too late or not. The Alex Brown pick was made because he is a consistent tackler who can get sacks in the right matchup, and a huge reason I took him a bit early is because of his week 9 matchup against the Lions. My next pick was a player I had targeted all along. Leonard Little has a hamstring injury, but I don't think it is a serious one. I think he is a great fit in this format and if healthy in a week or two, I can live with the gamble. A healthy Little would have been long gone by late round 8. I had no intention of taking Grant, but once late round 16 rolled in, there were not any DEs with anywhere near this kind of potential. I realize a suspension is a good possibility, but even without 4 weeks (plus his week 9 bye), taking him this late was well worth it to me. Kelsay was another player I wanted to take late because of his great matchups. He has 2 games against the Jets, plus games with SF, NE, KC and Detroit. Even a marginal DE can get some sacks against those teams. Anything I get out of a 22nd rd pick is a bonus.

Overall, this is the area where I gambled on injured players like VDB and Little, and a player with a week 9 bye and possible suspension (Grant). If I go down, this will probably be the position that does me in. Brown and Kelsay have great matchups, so there is some hope. If I survive week 9, my DEs suddenly become much stronger. This is classic risk/reward, and I very may have overdone it.

NOTE: VDB and Little are both active today. I am cautiously more optimistic than I was before hearing this, despite there being questions about their effectiveness.

1.04 LB Jon Beason (week 9 bye)

2.09 LB Barrett Ruud (week 10 bye)

5.04 LB Chad Greenway

9.04 LB Dhani Jones (week 10 bye)

11.04 LB Rocky McIntosh (week 10 bye)

12.09 LB Jyles Tucker (week 9 bye)

15.04 LB Paris Lenon

This group has serious issues in week 10. I'm not as concerned about week 9 because I have 5 LBs playing. Ruud doesn't have the best matchup, but the other 4 LBs have great matchups. I explained my week 10 gaffe above. Back to the crew. Bye weeks aside, this group of LBs is absolutely sick. Beason is a stud plain and simple (my #2 LB overall) and Ruud is not far behind. No chance Ruud falls to 2.09 without a week 10 bye. Greenway has been great this year and I am elated to have him as my LB3 (LB2 during bye weeks. Jones has been a tackling machine ans simply should not have been available in round 9. I could not pass the value despite him being my second LB with a week 10 bye. The McIntosh pick was terrible, as explained above, only because of the bye week. I realize Tucker has been banged up, but he returned last week, and with a week 9 bye to get healthy, he should be at full speed in week 10. He was really coming on before getting hurt and adds a much needed big play LB to my team. I felt he represented great value. Lenon may or may not start all year, but he has great matchups in the biggest weeks of need for me, weeks 9 and 10. Anything beyond the byes is a bonus for Lenon.

Overall, this is a sick group of LBs, but there are bye week concerns. The good thing is that the 3 LBS are my only players with week 10 byes, so I'm hopeful I can cover for them, assuming I get past week 9.

10.09 CB Brandon Flowers

14.09 CB Kelvin Hayden

18.09 CB Will Allen

23.04 CB Walt Harris (week 9 bye)

24.09 CB Dre Bly

This is a meh group, but that was to be expected since I did not take one until late round 10. Flowers was a solid pick this late. Hayden was risky, but with Marlin Jackson gone, the Colts defense is a lot worse and will see more plays against them. A healthy Hayden is solid for this late. Will Allen was great value. Harris is another CB who gets attacked and thaqt's good enough for a 23rd rd pick. The bye for him is not a concern. Bly was a great value pick and is capable of big plays, although he has not done it this year.

Overall, nothing special and one of the worst groups in this league. But considering how late I drafted CBs, I didn't expect much.

4.09 S Sean Jones

6.09 S Bob Sanders

13.04 S Madieu Williams

17.04 S Mike Brown

21.04 S Ryan Clark

This group has the potential to be the best collection of safeties in the league, but there are many injury issues. Sean Jones is banged up and the hope is I make it through week 9 and give him a chance to get better. Sanders is healthy now and I'm not concerned about him right now. He has come back from injuries in the past and lit it up from the time he stepped on the field. Obviously, him remaining healthy over the rest of the season is a concern, but I'm not concerned about the short-term. When healthy, Jones and Sanders are dynamic playmakers. Madieu is another player coming off an injury, but I could not pass a player with his big play ability in round 13. He is another player that would have been long gone if not for being hurt. He is starting this week and we'll see how he does. I expect him to be a full go in week 10, but this week may be a struggle for him. Mike Brown is a great player in this format and I really love his week 9 matchup with the Lions. I would have taken him for that game alone, but he is solid anyways. Clark is out this week, but the other players I liked, I didn't like as much and/or they had a week 9 bye. There were no safeties without a bye that I liked.

Overall, this group has huge potential if they get healthy.

When I look at this team, I really took some chances and admittedly, a lot more chances than I planned. I was a sucker for players falling because of injury and if I go down in week 9, that will likely be why.

As for my chances, I stated earlier that there are usually 2-3 teams that turn out weak. There are usually a couple of clunkers every week, even from good teams. I am hanging my hat on that coming into play, which was why I took so many players with questionable health.

Bloom pretty much nailed my draft, I'm either going to be done in week 9 or 10 and look like a fool for gambling so much, or else I will look like a genius who used brilliant strategy.

I think my chances of getting past week 9 are 50/50 at best. But if I can make it past this week, my chances are a little better in week 10.

If I make it past week 10, I think I have a great chance to win this. My players are banged up, but they are all getting healthy.

Look out if I last the first two weeks. :scared:

:confused:

Predictions

Top 4:

Jene Bramel

Chaos Commish

Rozelle

Crippler

Winner:

Crippler

Extra precition:

Bloom's LB's will be his downfall and his team won't go as far as first observations would suggest.

Only two games out of 51 have his LBs scored 20+ points. And only 7 games with 15+ points. He himself said that having top 5-10 weekly point totals at each position will be key and his LBs just haven't been doing that so far this year.

Well this is going to be a very quick exit for me. Jonathan Joseph is the only player on my team to have a big day. James Hall, Deangelo Hall, and Leigh Bodden have played well, but the rest have been horrid. Woodley and Mathis will need to have huge games to even bring my team anywhere near the respectibility.

With all the teams so evenly matched, you have to have some luck and catch some breaks, case in point... Last play of Indy/New England game, basically meaningless play… Cassel short pass to Moss, Tim Jennings tackles, forces fumble and recovers it, scores 9.50 pts on play :confused: .

NFL Gamebook: M.Cassel pass short right to R.Moss to NE 42 for 22 yards (T.Jennings). FUMBLES (T.Jennings),RECOVERED by IND-T.Jennings at NE 40. T.Jennings to NE 40 for no gain (L.Mankins).

I definitley had my share this week, not only with Jennings, but TDs from Terrell Suggs and Antrel Rolle.

I managed to meet my first and most important goal: To not have a disastrous week 9. :boxing:

I had Beason, Grant, Tucker, and Walt Harris all on a bye. I had Hayden inactive and Ryan Clark is out tonight. I had Vanden Bosch, Little, and Sean Jones (all banged up) put up poor numbers. I had a combined 7.5 points from my DEs. But I had a good week because of monster games from Ruud, Greenway, Madieu Williams, Bob Sanders, Will Allen, and Mike Brown. I should be in the upper end of the scores.

I just need to avoid a really bad week 10 to avoid being one of the first two teams to be eliminated.

:football:

Clayton will be finalizing the league settings soon, but Rozelle went beyond the call of duty to put this spreadsheet together last night.

:goodposting:

MNF is pending, but here are the very preliminary W9 results. With the scores relatively tight and so much volatility in the IDP world, everyone needs a solid week 10 to definitely avoid elimination. Two teams go next week. We'll update the sheet tonight if the website isn't yet functional.

1 Chaos Commish 146.75

2 Borbely, Anthony 143.00

3 Bloom, Sigmund 135.00

4 Rozelle 133.50

5 Crippler 127.25

6 Chainz 126.25

7 tec 79 124.00

8 Fullback Fro 120.75

9 buck56 112.75

10 Sky Rattlers 107.25

11 Bramel, Jene 106.50

12 Benny Beaver 103.50

FBG_IDP_SURV_W9.xls

Attachments

• FBG_IDP_SURV_W9.xls
    71.5 KB · Views: 9
Well Mathis and Bullitt did nothing for me last night, but I did learned that Winborn and Page had a better days than I had originally though. Apparently Winborn had 3 pass defenses and an tackle of special teams to add to his 4-4 boxscore. Which means he should have 15 points instead of only 9. And Page had a PD and a fumble recovery to help move his score from 3 to 8.5.

I'm still pretty sure I'll have the lowest score for the week but maybe with a good game from Woodley tonight I can stay within sight of the cut line.

The league website tally will not include special teams tackles nor yards gained of any kind. All touchdowns will be scored.

The league website tally will not include special teams tackles nor yards gained of any kind. All touchdowns will be scored.
I didn't think that it would but then I actually saw it on the website when I looked at my 'roster w/stats' page so i wasn't sure.

I would be curious to see the draft in a round by round. Is that posted somewhere?

One other question/comment on the IDP side specifically Dynasty. How do you come by the rankings? For a year you can tally the tackles, assists, sacks, et cetera but do you do the same for a couple years out and then discount them similar to a discounted cash flow in finance? :confused:

Thanks for all the IDP info in the Forum and the on the Podcast. Look forward to it every week! :thumbup: Almost as much as seeing my dynasty team #1 for defense (IDP of course) scoring...

I would be curious to see the draft in a round by round. Is that posted somewhere?

One other question/comment on the IDP side specifically Dynasty. How do you come by the rankings? For a year you can tally the tackles, assists, sacks, et cetera but do you do the same for a couple years out and then discount them similar to a discounted cash flow in finance? :goodposting:

Thanks for all the IDP info in the Forum and the on the Podcast. Look forward to it every week! :banned: Almost as much as seeing my dynasty team #1 for defense (IDP of course) scoring...
Link to draftRemember, there are some unusual rules of engagement here that kept some every-down players off these relatively deep rosters, rightly or wrongly.

Some of the guys that do offensive dynasty rankings subscribe to some complicated theories of three and four year windows, decreasing percentages of expected production as you suggested.

On the IDP side, I'm a big believer that your dynasty philosophy is made simple by the impact that a coaching or scheme change or new surrounding cast (single FA acquisition or loss, etc) has on the value of an IDP.

1. Get studs that are (presumably) matchup, scheme and surrounding cast independent and hold them until they fall apart.

2. Fill in with slightly above replacement level talent who appear to be in the best situation in the coming season.

3. Roster players with big talent who could enter category 1 when they finally get their chance.

Otherwise, replacement level players -- those around the 30-50 slots in the ranking each season with no top 15 upside -- are just that, replaceable. Be prepared to shuffle those roster slots every year. The extent to which you'll have to do that depends on how many category 1 and 3 players you have (and can get) rostered.

So, my dynasty rankings usually have a 1 - 1.5 year window. I don't care much what the future holds, because it's difficult to predict. The studs with what looks to be little chance to go in the tank sit in the top tiers, the good players with a few question marks fall in the middle tiers ranked by upside and the borderline starter tiers are a mix of big upside without opportunity (yet) and the replacement level talent who look unlikely to see their situation change for the worse next season.

But, yes, the players find themselves in tiers to begin with based on loose projections of solos, total tackles and big plays (sacks and coverage). For me, everything works from a full season solo tackle projection to generate the rough tiers. Big play guys get bumped up, guys who can't make big plays or have questionable talent or who are situation/scheme dependent get bumped down a bit.

As much as we try to make it a scientific process based on stats and rate stats based off of the stats, there's still a fair amount of gut feel involved due to the nature of defensive football.

Charles Grant to IR. :sarcasm:
Talk was he was still going to get suspended which is really strange for New Orleans to do this until they find out. Love my Bobby McCray pick more but could have Whitner and Jared Allen out this week. Come on Troy tonight. Need a nice game from you. Even though need a bigger game from Holmes for my home league. Like 7 for 150 and 2 would be good.

Lost my #1 pick, DJ Williams (injured) and my #4 pick, Deangelo Hall (waived!!!) this week and I'm currently sitting in 10th spot out of 12. Anyone like my chances? ;)

Lost my #1 pick, DJ Williams (injured) and my #4 pick, Deangelo Hall (waived!!!) this week and I'm currently sitting in 10th spot out of 12. Anyone like my chances? :jawdrop:
If Tony can put up a great score last week, then you can survive too :thumbup:Not to belabor the point, but Hall's release is exactly why I have that mental block against IDPs whose value is based on bad play more than good play.

Lost my #1 pick, DJ Williams (injured) and my #4 pick, Deangelo Hall (waived!!!) this week and I'm currently sitting in 10th spot out of 12. Anyone like my chances? :shrug:
If Tony can put up a great score last week, then you can survive too :loco: Not to belabor the point, but Hall's release is exactly why I have that mental block against IDPs whose value is based on bad play more than good play.
That was one of the things that scared me off of Paymah of Denver, not saying he played bad last week, have no idea, didn't see the game. Was concerned he could be productive for a game or two then benched for poor play.

Lost my #1 pick, DJ Williams (injured) and my #4 pick, Deangelo Hall (waived!!!) this week and I'm currently sitting in 10th spot out of 12. Anyone like my chances? :confused:
If Tony can put up a great score last week, then you can survive too ;) Not to belabor the point, but Hall's release is exactly why I have that mental block against IDPs whose value is based on bad play more than good play.
That was one of the things that scared me off of Paymah of Denver, not saying he played bad last week, have no idea, didn't see the game. Was concerned he could be productive for a game or two then benched for poor play.
Oh he was bad. He was playing "keep em in front of you" coverage, which is low hanging fruit for a QB like Pennington and a WR like Camarillo.

Lost my #1 pick, DJ Williams (injured) and my #4 pick, Deangelo Hall (waived!!!) this week and I'm currently sitting in 10th spot out of 12. Anyone like my chances? :goodposting:
If Tony can put up a great score last week, then you can survive too :lmao:Not to belabor the point, but Hall's release is exactly why I have that mental block against IDPs whose value is based on bad play more than good play.
These kind of players are classic sell high's, especially in dynasty leagues.

Diles out for the year, Schobel out another 2-4 weeks, Jared Allen out at least this week and maybe longer, Charles Grant out for the year. I'm sure there are some I forgot. But the injuries are taking a toll on many of us already.

Lost my #1 pick, DJ Williams (injured) and my #4 pick, Deangelo Hall (waived!!!) this week and I'm currently sitting in 10th spot out of 12. Anyone like my chances? :goodposting:
If Tony can put up a great score last week, then you can survive too :sadbanana:Not to belabor the point, but Hall's release is exactly why I have that mental block against IDPs whose value is based on bad play more than good play.
I agree with your argument but I'd be more concerned if this were a dynasty draft. I'd also have maybe be more leary if we had been talking about a playoff contender. But for Oakland to outright cut a guy who they traded for and paid huge money to is just crazy. Besides his fantasy production made any risk meaningless. He hasn't scored less than 10.5 points yet this season, no other IDPer can make that claim.

Lost my #1 pick, DJ Williams (injured) and my #4 pick, Deangelo Hall (waived!!!) this week and I'm currently sitting in 10th spot out of 12. Anyone like my chances? :hophead:
If Tony can put up a great score last week, then you can survive too :goodposting:Not to belabor the point, but Hall's release is exactly why I have that mental block against IDPs whose value is based on bad play more than good play.
I agree with your argument but I'd be more concerned if this were a dynasty draft. I'd also have maybe be more leary if we had been talking about a playoff contender. But for Oakland to outright cut a guy who they traded for and paid huge money to is just crazy. Besides his fantasy production made any risk meaningless. He hasn't scored less than 10.5 points yet this season, no other IDPer can make that claim.
It is crazy, just as crazy as giving a high 2nd for him and then giving him a big contract extension. I never expected him to get cut, but he was definitely a candidate to get benched. The only reason he's had double digits every game is because he's terrible. Teams can't stop throwing at him. It's poetic that his old team came out guns firing against him and landed the death blow. He was also pretty well known as locker room cancer around the league, so he wasn't going to win any popularity contests with the coaches or players behind the scenes.Still, Hall is an extreme example, although the way his terrible play translated to IDP stats was also extreme. I doubt we get another clear cut instance of a top 5 IDP player at his position also being one of the worst in the league at his position in a long time.

Week 9 scores are up and live scoring will be enabled for this week's games. Rozelle's spreadsheet was dead on and much appreciated while we waited for the league to be activated.

Good luck to everybody this week. It's always nice when you get your crappiest production out of the way this early. :shock:

Week 9 scores are up and live scoring will be enabled for this week's games. Rozelle's spreadsheet was dead on and much appreciated while we waited for the league to be activated.

Good luck to everybody this week. It's always nice when you get your crappiest production out of the way this early. :lmao:
Yeah... you get Mr Willis back this week. :popcorn:

Good luck to everybody this week. It's always nice when you get your crappiest production out of the way this early. :unsure:
Yeah... you get Mr Willis back this week. :thumbup:
Corey Webster was the only player (maybe McBride) who greatly outperformed expectations last week. And I'll eat my keyboard if I get a combined 20.25 points from Willis, Smith, Roth, LaBoy, Pace, Cole, Brown, Trufant and Lewis this week. :rolleyes: Going to be sweating it out, though.

Sigmund Bloom said:
I doubt we get another clear cut instance of a top 5 IDP player at his position also being one of the worst in the league at his position in a long time.
reminds me of former Bears safety Mike Green. I remember lots of people drafting him as a stud safety in dynasty drafts and he was benched soon afterwards.

my favorite to win it all... Chaos Commish.
Wow. Thanks I think. Do you usually guess right? I'm probably not going to get great production from my LBs, and I'm going to need DBs to step up with big plays every week. I like having six corners, just for the increased odds. Great job on the write ups and you nailed my team and my thinking nicely. On the wasted Raiders picks, Burgess and Huff, I agree with the criticism/low expectations and pretty much understood/agreed with that thinking when I made the picks. Here's why I took them. That defense can be on the field for an astounding amount of time. Both players are very talented. Burgess has a triceps injury. I can't see it holding him back much longer. So a ton of snaps and a belief he'll be back along with what I saw left at DE made me take the chance. Huff was truly a wasted pick but I saw a glimmer of hope before the draft and... pretty much tanked a pick, doh.

I dont know about worse being best and not many examples. Always seems to be a CB like that

I remember doing an initial dynasty draft a few years ago and Chris Cash of Detroit(I believe) went as a top 5 DB the next year in the draft. I have seen this a few times over the years when someone has a huge year one year but could just as easily lose there job at any time.

Would Paris Lenon - that type of player right now ???

I dont know about worse being best and not many examples. Always seems to be a CB like thatI remember doing an initial dynasty draft a few years ago and Chris Cash of Detroit(I believe) went as a top 5 DB the next year in the draft. I have seen this a few times over the years when someone has a huge year one year but could just as easily lose there job at any time. Would Paris Lenon - that type of player right now ???
He's more of a guy who gets stats by being on a bad team, and a team that doesn't have anyone better than his mediocre play. I think Hall's stats were a direct result of his deficiency. Teams kept throwing at him, giving him tons of tackle, PD, and INT opportunities. And even though he picked off his share of passes, he gave up so many plays, it was still worth it for teams to keep picking on him.

Users who are viewing this thread