What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ultimate IDP Survivor Finals (1 Viewer)

Everyone has a good team
:confused: This is a great group and one of the most fun drafts Ive ever done, so I wanted to get my thoughts down on everyone's team - stream of consciousness style - before the season started, just so we could look back and see how wrong I was in a few weeks, and give everyone some feedback on the hard work they did. I am impressed with everyone's team no matter what I said in the review. I have to take a stand on some teams or the writeups get pretty boring, eh? IDP fantasy football tends to be populated with more football purists and I think that's part of what made this so great, knowing that everyone here just loves watching football. You couldn't get through a 24 round all IDP draft if you didn't. We broke some new ground in the fantasy football world this week, made fantasy football history, and that's not something that happens very often anymore.My official prediction for the final 4(not including myself, that's bush league):Chaos CommishRozelleJeneCripplermy favorite to win it all... Chaos Commish.
I hit 3 out of 4, it's up to Winfield, Briggs, Ryans, and Mike Peterson to make it 4 for 4... *breaks arm patting self on back*

Going to be tough to get 4/4

Chaos 77.7 + 3 LB(-2.25/6.00/8.00). So needs about 15 pts per player and than Chainz or Bloom to do nothing

Chainz 103.25 + Sharper/Williams(-9.25/14.25) + Mathis (-7)

Bloom 106.5 + Edwards/Mario(-4/12)

I think Bloom probably sneaks through by his chinny chin chin

Looks good to make it for the final 4 for me though. The only thing that went well for me this weekend in fantasy football. It has been ugly. Too many SD players in my dynasty leagues. I hate Norv

Unofficial results going into Monday Nite...

CC and Chainz are in trouble. Sig has dream matchup with Mario tomorrow nite and doesn't need much from him (4.00) to add to his DE total. Chainz needs Mathis and Brian Williams to step up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has a good team
:thumbdown: This is a great group and one of the most fun drafts Ive ever done, so I wanted to get my thoughts down on everyone's team - stream of consciousness style - before the season started, just so we could look back and see how wrong I was in a few weeks, and give everyone some feedback on the hard work they did. I am impressed with everyone's team no matter what I said in the review. I have to take a stand on some teams or the writeups get pretty boring, eh? IDP fantasy football tends to be populated with more football purists and I think that's part of what made this so great, knowing that everyone here just loves watching football. You couldn't get through a 24 round all IDP draft if you didn't. We broke some new ground in the fantasy football world this week, made fantasy football history, and that's not something that happens very often anymore.

My official prediction for the final 4(not including myself, that's bush league):

Chaos Commish

Rozelle

Jene

Crippler

my favorite to win it all... Chaos Commish.
I hit 3 out of 4, it's up to Winfield, Briggs, Ryans, and Mike Peterson to make it 4 for 4... *breaks arm patting self on back*
I see your strategy Sig. You only wanted to hit 3 outta 4, so you Bloomed CC. :lmao: Bob has a tough row to hoe, Chainz doesn't have it quite as tough. As long as you have guys playin', ya gotta a chance.

I expect Mario to come up big tomorrow nite, Ryans may as well. I'll be watching the clock tomorrow... you can bet on it! :unsure:

Damn, I would have loved to be in the final four, but all those injuries (especially to my LB corps) killed me in the end. Hadn't had high expectations going into today's game, but after the injury to Mathis I realized that I will be eliminated for sure.

I had great fun in this league the whole time and hope that I get the chance again next season to be part of it. :thumbup:

Good luck to the remaining 4 IDP stars. (especially to Jene, who is representing the only remaining team of the 1B league, after Fro and I were eliminated)

;)

Come on Chainz. No love for the only regular Joe still left in this thing. The rest are all paid staff members. :thumbup:

Even though props off to the Staff around here. They really dominated both sides of this contest. Put on a clinic so far and I have been very impressed.

THE FAB FOUR

Crippler 128.00 143.00 157.00 132.25 147.50 707.75Sigmund Bloom 135.75 156.00 131.00 123.75 129.75 676.25Rozelle 143.00 101.00 147.00 136.50 129.75 661.50Jene Bramel 106.50 147.00 137.00 136.50 135.25 645.25Rozelle was a late season staff addition, adding to the well-represented FBG IDP crew here. buck56, Fro and CC had some bad luck at the wrong time and could well have found themselves in this group. Chainz was the other tough luck bubble finisher.Three week scrum for the title now. Crippler has been the class of this group from the beginning, but the other three have been very consistent after the bye weeks ended. It's going to be tight.

Good luck everybody. May your studs stay healthy and your upside guys throw up some big numbers.

------------------

1st prize: Lifetime subscription, FBG Hoodie, FBG hat + FBG duffel bag + $250 cash

2nd prize: 3 year subscription, FBG Hoodie + $125 cash

3rd prize: 3 year subscription, FBG T-shirt + $75 cash

4th prize: 3 year subscription, FBG T-shirt + $50 cash

5th Chainz -- 1 year subscription and choice of FBG shirt or hat

6th Chaos Commish -- 1 year subscription and choice of FBG shirt or hat

7th Anthony Borbely

8th Fullback Fro -- 1 yr subscription and choice of FBG shirt or hat

CC had some bad luck at the wrong time and could well have found themselves in this group.
Yes yes, it would appear I had the bad luck of drafting a team that Bloom really liked. Seriously, these survivors were great contests. Thanks FBGs. I had a great time and some pretty good luck along the way. Congrats survivors and good luck. Of course, I'm pulling for Crippler. Go regular Joe!

Good Luck guys, no matter how this ride ends.. it's been fun.

:confused:

Unofficial results... Chainz and Chaos Commish eliminated

FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls
A couple of observations:- It should come as no surprise that top 4 scoring teams at DE are your final 4 survivors

- no other position had a high correlation with surviving:

#3,7,8,11 survived at DT

#1,7,8,10 survived at CB

#1,2,9,10 survived at S

#5,6,8,9 survived at Flex

#4,6,9,10 survived at LB (!)

in hindsight, a 3rd DT instead of a 5th CB or 7th LB might have been called for.

I agree with Rozelle, it's been a honor to be part of this great competition.

Unofficial results after week 14...

FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls

One down 2 to go... Crippler is the team to beat, continues to put up big points Has a 144.70 average, the other three survivor teams have only topped that total in a week one time each.

Attachments

• FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls
    149 KB · Views: 2
So far a close week between all of us. And chance for to score more. A few have better chances though but we could all score 144 plus this week after the comments last week about it. :)

Crippler is going to be tough to catch with a 30 point lead. He's got the best and most well balanced squad and deserves to win.

Going to have all three of us sniping at you next week, though. :goodposting:

Crippler is going to be tough to catch with a 30 point lead. He's got the best and most well balanced squad and deserves to win.Going to have all three of us sniping at you next week, though. :thumbdown:
Why cant this thing but accumulated from the beginning. That would be a 68.75 pt lead and I would feel very comfortable instead of anxiety BTW: That is 36.5, 40.75 and 41.5 point lead. I need all the points lead I can :)If I can win this thing, it will more than make up for losing my dynasty league last week with the 2nd highest score. Such a prestigious event to win and would make a wonderful Christmas gift. But it is going to be tough in the end. Figure I need another 130 point week again this week. Hope my LB's dont let me down this week.

Crippler said:
Jene Bramel said:
Crippler is going to be tough to catch with a 30 point lead. He's got the best and most well balanced squad and deserves to win.Going to have all three of us sniping at you next week, though. :moneybag:
Why cant this thing but accumulated from the beginning. That would be a 68.75 pt lead and I would feel very comfortable instead of anxiety BTW: That is 36.5, 40.75 and 41.5 point lead. I need all the points lead I can :rant:If I can win this thing, it will more than make up for losing my dynasty league last week with the 2nd highest score. Such a prestigious event to win and would make a wonderful Christmas gift. But it is going to be tough in the end. Figure I need another 130 point week again this week. Hope my LB's dont let me down this week.
After MNF the scores stand...Crippler 296.00Rozelle 266.75 (-29.25)Bramel 266.25 (-29.75)Bloom 258.75 (-37.25)130 points this week should do it for you. Rozelle and I would need a lot of things to go right to get to 160 and Bloom will have a hard time getting to 170. Still close enough to be fun to watch, but we staff guys are probably fighting for the slots behind you.

Unofficial results going into Sunday Nite...

FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls

1 Jene 422.50

2 Rozelle 406.75 (-15.75)

3 Bloom 404.00 (-18.50)

4 Crippler 387.75 (-34.75)

Doc looks solid to pull off an amazing come-from-behind win here... aided by Crippler's poor week, it's tough to go all the way thru and not have one off week.

Attachments

• FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls
    149.5 KB · Views: 7
Certainly didn't expect such a rough week for Crippler. Both he and buck56 will deserve better fates in this competition than what they got. It's a shame that Crippler's one bad week ended up so much worse than anyone else's given who well his team had produced throughout the second leg.

I may have trouble adding to my total tomorrow night. Either Hawk or Tillman will have to get well into double digits to push my score up at all. Bloom has Woodson (-6.00) and Rozelle has Urlacher (-6.00) and Ogunleye (-4.75).

Hoping that my double digit lead fares better than Crippler's tomorrow night. :2cents:

Yeah buck56 would have won it had he made the finals, the last bye week did him in. Bloom only one not to have a week under 120. He and Skyrattlers only ones who never had a week under 115. Timing is everyting in these Survivors. Gotta at least catch Sig... I want the hoodie :shrug:

Nice job Jene, I said from the get go I liked your team alot. Wish I didn't have that one bad week, would have been the best winning this thing against such stiff competition. Hope that I will get an invite to be in this again next year. Congrats to all winners, it was fun doing battle. :rolleyes:

Unofficial Final results...

FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls

Nice week Jene, congratulations!

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls
    149.5 KB · Views: 1
FINAL RESULTS

Ultimate IDP Survivor Jene Bramel

2nd Sigmund Bloom

3rd Rozelle

4th Crippler -- 3 year subscription, FBG T-shirt + $50 cash

7th Anthony Borbely

I'll be forwarding the results to Clayton shortly, and he or I will be contacting you to get prizes out.

-------------

Pretty excited to have survived the final league. Certainly can't say I had the best team, just the right results at the right time. No stretch to say that anyone could have ended up on top in the finals with a little luck or fewer injuries.

These drafts were extremely competitve and lots of fun. Nearly 50 interested and strong participants says a lot for the state of IDP and our Forum. Looking forward to more IDP only contests in the future. :lmao:

Very disapponted in my results this week. Just terrible

But great job by the staff members. Very impressive outings. Congrats to Jene Bramel/

Thanks for letting me be part of the action

Congrats Jene-O.

and

Big ups to Buck56, you had the best team, just hit a patch of bad luck early.

Congrats to everyone in this contest, I think we had 12 of the top 50 IDP players in the universe, maybe 12 of the top 25.

Cant wait to do it again next year!

Sigmund Bloom said:
Congrats Jene-O. andBig ups to Buck56, you had the best team, just hit a patch of bad luck early.Congrats to everyone in this contest, I think we had 12 of the top 50 IDP players in the universe, maybe 12 of the top 25.Cant wait to do it again next year!
Thanks Bloom, I had a blast. Competitions like this and the awesome content you guys bring us is what makes Footballguys, in my opinion the best fantasy football site in exsistance! Hope to ball with you guys again next year, congrats again to Jene for being king of the IDP. Merry Christmas to all.

FINAL RESULTS

Ultimate IDP Survivor Jene Bramel

2nd Sigmund Bloom

3rd Rozelle

4th Crippler -- 3 year subscription, FBG T-shirt + $50 cash

7th Anthony Borbely

I'll be forwarding the results to Clayton shortly, and he or I will be contacting you to get prizes out.

-------------

Pretty excited to have survived the final league. Certainly can't say I had the best team, just the right results at the right time. No stretch to say that anyone could have ended up on top in the finals with a little luck or fewer injuries.

These drafts were extremely competitve and lots of fun. Nearly 50 interested and strong participants says a lot for the state of IDP and our Forum. Looking forward to more IDP only contests in the future. :confused:
Jene how do you go about getting the 3 year subscription. Would love to read Waldman. I got the 50 and the t-shirts. My son and gf loved them :)

I haven't received anything yet unfortunately. Wrote David a private message a few days ago. I think that the shirt might got lost on its way overseas. :D

Would love to read the Scouting Portfolio as well.

Gentlemen,

I thought Clayton had taken care of this in January. I'll make sure this is taken care of ASAP.

Our apologies,

Jene

Users who are viewing this thread