What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ultimate Survivor 2 leg 2 league 4 (1 Viewer)

League 4 - Drafts Saturday at 8:00 PM Eastern

1.01 Chaos Commish

1.02 Tanner9919

1.03 BroadwayG

1.04 huskers15

1.05 Ghost of Bill Walsh

1.06 EBF

1.07 jjammer

1.08 alonegunman

1.09 by_the_sea_wannabe

1.10 Jayrok

1.11 MrPhoenix

1.12 Anthony Borbely

These leagues are Best Ball and Play-all.

* In Best Ball, your best available scoring line-up is automatically started each week.

* In Play-all, the highest scoring team goes 11-0, the second highest scoring team goes 10-1, etc.

22 rounds - 3RR serpentine draft

Starting Lineups

-1 QB

-2 RBs

-3 WRs

-1 TE

-1 flex (RB, WR, TE)

-1 PK

-1 def

QB, RB, WR, TE Scoring

-Passing TD - 4

-Rushing / Receiving TD - 6

-Passing Yard - 0.05

-Rushing / Receiving Yard - 0.1

-2-point Conversion - 2

-Reception - 1

PK Scoring

-PAT - 1

-FG (0 to 30 yards) - 3

-FG (31 to 99 yards) - 0.1 per yard

TD Scoring

-Fumble Recovery - 2

-INT - 2

-Sack - 1

-Safety - 2

-TD - 6

-0 Points Allowed - 10

-2 to 9 Points Allowed - 5

-10 to 19 Points Allowed - 3

-20 to 29 Points Allowed - 1

-30 to 99 Points Allowed - 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck by- the-sea. It would be cool if our 4 league mates could make it to the final round. I am in league 1. Thursday draft.

To whomever is running the draft tonight:

MisfitBlondes is available as a replacement in case someone no-shows.

too tired to post thoughts. I'll do so tomorrow. Thanks guys and thanks a lot to jeter for picking up Tanner's team halfway through.

Collins, Kerry TEN QB 7

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB 4

Romo, Tony DAL QB 6

Young, Vince TEN QB 7

Good golly, big punt for the QBs. I'm thinking everyone else was drafting them to hate on me. I had them devalued anyway due to PPR, a flex position, and 4 points per TD. I :rolleyes: Romo because his TD last week got me into this mess. Looking for 200 yards and a score each week and I'll be happy.

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB 6

Hightower, Tim ARI RB 4

Jones, Julius SEA RB 7

Morris, Sammy NEP RB 8

Turner, Michael ATL RB 4

Torn between Turner and Forte at 1.3, probably gonna regret my decision. Was targetting Morris for a couple rounds, pleased to get him. Julius was just sitting there very late. If Hightower can continue his early success, should be pretty solid.

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR 4

Burton, Keenan STL WR 9

Edwards, Braylon NYJ WR 9

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 4

Northcutt, Dennis DET WR 7

Wallace, Mike PIT WR 8

Walter, Kevin HOU WR 10

Boldin, Edwards, and Desean pretty much just fell gift wrapped from the sky. Walter dropped pretty far also. Picked up Wallace as a big play guy. Looks good on paper for sure.

Olsen, Greg CHI TE 5

Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE 9

Probably reached on Olsen a bit, but overall like the two guys. Been big on Shiancoe for a while.

Akers, David PHI PK 4

Kasay, John CAR PK 4

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def 6

Patriots, New England NEP Def 8

Hey guys,

Sorry for my absence.... I prepicked four rounds thinking that I was going to be cutting it close for the start of the draft, but my partner at work went to the hospital and I had to cover the rest of her shift on the bar. Shame to make it through week one cuts and then yield the team, but those are the breaks. Thanks to whoever jumped into my spot and good luck to all the rest of the way.

jj

Bulger, Marc STL QB 9

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 5

Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB 9

Rodgers gives me peace of mind here throughout weeks 6-10. Sanchez and Bulger are there in case he breaks or if they have a freakish game at some point.

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB (P) 10

Forsett, Justin SEA RB 7

Lewis, Jamal CLE RB (P) 9

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB 7

McFadden, Darren OAK RB (O) 9

McGahee, Willis BAL RB 7

Williams, Ricky MIA RB (P) 6

These guys are BORING. But, gotta admire the 5.2 YPC for Ricky and 6.5 YPC for Bradshaw. I'm hoping McGehee isn't a fluke, and that Lewis can score a TD or two at some point this season because his YPC is respectable. McClain is a McGehee handcuff, Forsett is a longshot if J. Jones breaks or falters, and McFadden.....yeah, not expecting much out of DMC. Just shocked I got him with the 2nd to last pick in the entire draft.

Britt, Kenny TEN WR 7

Collie, Austin IND WR 6

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR 6

Holt, Torry JAC WR 7

Jennings, Greg GBP WR 5

Smith, Steve CAR WR (P) 4

Smith and Jennings have no byes and, like Rodgers, give me real peace of mind here. Holt has a juicy matchup with the Rams in Week 6 while Collie has a juicy match with (you guessed it) the Rams in Week 7. From there, those two and Britt and Crabtree can fight it out for WR 3/4. Crabtree was low risk/high reward and Britt hopefully can continue to improve in spite of crap QB play.

Miller, Zach OAK TE 9

Winslow, Kellen TBB TE 8

TE's that are #1 targets for their teams, no matter how crappy they are, are good to have. Miller is just a bye week replacement, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a high score here and there since he seems to be very streaky.

Carpenter, Dan MIA PK 6

Mare, Olindo SEA PK 7

Former and current Dolphin here. That's about all that's interesting here.

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def 4

Texans, Houston HOU Def 10

Falcons give me some stability while the Texans are there to likely pick up the slack in Weeks 7 and 8 when the Falcons have tough matchups.

That was a marathon draft. Some thoughts on my team:

QB

3.07 - Donovan McNabb

8.06 - Joe Flacco (7)

I knew going into the draft that I wanted to lock up one of the stud QBs with no bye (Rodgers, Rivers, McNabb, Cutler, Ryan). I'm happy with McNabb. He's typically one of the highest-scoring QBs in terms of points per game. Flacco is a quality second option with big game potential. I think this is an above average duo.

RB

1.06 - Maurice Jones-Drew (7)

4.06 - Marshawn Lynch (9)

5.07 - Rashard Mendenhall (8)

11.07 - Chester Taylor (9)

My plan was to go RB in rounds 1/4/5 and then find a cheap fourth back later. MJD, Lynch, and Mendenhall give me what should be a rock solid top 3. MJD and Lynch are focal points of their offenses and they both catch passes, which is important in PPR. Mendenhall looks to be emerging as a stud in Pittsburgh. At worst he should be a serviceable RB3. Chester Taylor seemed like a good security blanket as my RB4. He's generally good for 7-10 points every week and he has a nice upside if Peterson gets injured. I have bye problems in week 9, so I'll need this crew to stay healthy. Overall I think this is a strong group though.

WR

6.06 - Santonio Holmes (8)

7.07 - Derrick Mason (7)

9.07 - Sidney Rice (9)

10.06 - Antonio Bryant (8)

12.06 - Ted Ginn (6)

13.07 - Davone Bess (6)

14.06 - Mark Clayton (7)

17.07 - Chris Chambers

22.06 - Greg Camarillo (6)

I think I got good value with my first few picks here. Holmes and Mason are known quantities who should give me borderline top 15-20 production when healthy. Sidney Rice is starting to develop a nice rapport with Brett Favre. I think he has some sneaky upside. Even if he doesn't break out, he's serviceable depth and his numbers could see a bump if Harvin's injury limits him. Antonio Bryant is a volatile player in a volatile situation, but he has a huge upside as a WR4. Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, Clayton, and Chambers all have the potential for 4-5 catches on any given Sunday. Having all three Dolphins WRs should ensure that I get one solid game from them each week. Overall, this is probably the weakest link of my team, but I think WR is the most overvalued position in best ball PPR leagues. You can usually approximate the quality of a stud WR with the quantity of 2-3 mediocre starters. I hope this group will give me enough production to keep my team competitive. I'll be crossing my fingers every week.

TE

2.07 - Antonio Gates

16.06 - Marcedes Lewis (7)

I had originally planned to go WR at 2.07, but most of the elite guys with no bye were gone by then. Gates was clearly the best player available. He gives you an immediate edge over every other team in the league at the TE position. He also afforded me the luxury of waiting until the late rounds to grab my backup. Marcedes Lewis provides a decent insurance policy in the event of injury or poor performance.

PK

15.07 - Mason Crosby

20.06 - Kris Brown (10)

Crosby was one of the best kickers with no bye. Brown is a proven veteran. His week 10 bye was appealing to me because it doesn't overlap with any of my other players.

DEF

18.06 - Panthers

19.07 - Dolphins (6)

21.07 - Redskins (8)

I'm a quantity > quality guy at this position. I'll have at least two defenses going every week. None of these units are great individually, but they should combine to give me a bit of an edge here.

OVERALL

I'm pretty happy with this team. I think I generally did a good job of finding value and filling out my roster with solid depth at every position. I think I have an edge on the field at QB, RB, and TE if my guys stay healthy for the next five weeks. That said, the success or failure of this team will probably hinge on the WR group. I need that motley crew to step up and give me decent scoring each week. If that happens then I like my chances. I don't think I have any glaring weaknesses, but you always need to get some luck in these leagues. If your players run cold for 2-3 weeks, you're toast.

Anderson, Derek CLE QB 0 9

Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB (P) 0 7

Manning, Peyton IND QB (P) 0 6

I should be good here, Got Peyton on a bye this week, so probably be taking hasselbeck the first week against arizona. Peyton will be my workhorse here, Got Anderson late just in case.

Bush, Michael OAK RB 0 9

Harrison, Jerome CLE RB 0 9

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB 0 10

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 0 9

Smith, Kevin DET RB 0 7

Tookk the 3 RBS early thinking I was good, but I got bye problems week 9. Still like my RBs, hopefully Jacobs come back to form.

Crayton, Patrick DAL WR 0 6

Cribbs, Josh CLE WR 0 9

Curtis, Kevin PHI WR (Q) 0 4

Garcon, Pierre IND WR 0 6

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR 0 4

Manningham, Mario NYG WR 0 10

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR 0 7

Ward, Hines PIT WR 0 8

Probably my big weakness here. Got alot of quantity but quality not so much. Lot of #2 receivers. Hopefully Marshall continues his hot streak and I can get some production from Ward, Manningham and Crayton. Hope for some Garcon and Manning hookups.

Carlson, John SEA TE 0 7

Watson, Ben NEP TE (Q) 0 8

Kind of weak here too. Was gonna go Fasano last pick instead of Cribbs. Wish I did knowing Watson has concussion problems.

Bironas, Rob TEN PK 0 7

Carney, John NOS PK 0 5

Not too shabby

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def 0 4

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def 7

No byes for Eagles and playing Oakland this week.

I am not even sure whose team this is. Tanner drafted the first 11 picks and then was gone. I took over and was on the clock for the 12.02. I won't comment much on the picks Tanner made since I am not sure what his overall strategy was.

1.02 Gore

2.11 Ocho

3.11 Benson

4.02 Witten

5.11 E Manning

6.02 Burleson

7.11 Palmer

8.02 NYG Def

9.11 McCoy

10.02 Nicks

11.11 Kaeding

At this point, I took over. The team had 3 WRs and one was a rookie. I had to get some WR help, but did not like the options with this pick.

12.02 Wells- as a RB4, I love him. Has already had his bye. I would not be shocked if he ended up as my (Tanner's?) RB2.

13.11 MoMass- not usually a fan of rookie WRs in these leagues, but there was not much left. If I get one more game like a couple weeks ago, I am very happy.

14.02 Gage- still needed WRs

15.11 Coffee- handcuff to Gore

16.02 Stafford- wanted 1 more QB and there was not much left, should have taken Henne, but I totally overlooked him

17.11 A Gonzalez- took a shot, hope I get a couple of games

18.02 M Moore- love him this late, could easily score starter points any given week

19.11 Cincy D

20.02 Feely

21.11 K Washington- still adding WR depth

22.02 S Ryan- TE2 for Witten's bye this week.

Took over when jjammer couldn't make it back from work.

QB:

4.07 - T Brady (8)

8.07 - D Garrard (7)

Love this combo. Even though they both have a Bye week, I didn't want a 3rd QB. According to SOS data, Brady has a great matchup week 7 and Garrard has a great matchup week 8, so I should be OK.

RB:

5.06 - S Slaton (10)

7.06 - L Washington (9)

11.06 - F Jackson (9)

14.07 - K Faulk (8)

16.07 - C Buckhalter (7)

19.06 - L Betts (8)

Motley group that I cobbled together, but I like it. Wish I had gotten one of the young, upside guys I wanted in Bradshaw, Stewart or Choice, but I still think this group is good for what it will be: a RBBC. Week 9 may be an issue with RB2 and RB3 off.

WR:

1.07 - R White

2.06 - V Jackson

6.07 - M Sims-Walker (7)

10.07 - D Avery (9)

12.07 A Caldwell (8)

17.06 - I Bruce (6)

21.06 - D Branch (7)

Absolutely love this group. First two picks were jjammer and well done. Added 3 young guys and 2 vets to round it out. 7 WRs and only one overlap in Bye weeks. Very happy here.

TE:

3.06 - D Clark (6)

9.06 - T Heap (7)

Nice group. Clark was a jjammer pick and although I'm not a fan of week 6 Byes, he is a great player. Heap has risen from the dead and hopefully he can keep it up. He's my only TE this week but he has a fantastic matchup. I considered Jermichael Finley in two different rounds as a 3rd TE before someone else took him, but it's probably best that I went in a different direction in those rounds. He would have been a luxury.

PK:

15.06 - S Gostkowski (8)

20.07 - J Scobee (7)

Like this group and both have very nice matchups over the next 5 weeks.

DEF:

13.06 - Pittsburgh (8)

18.07 - Buffalo (9)

22.07 - Detroit (7)

OK group. Decided to go with 3 DEF over 3 TE or 3 QB since DEF2 is a little weak. I'll have 2 DEF going each week and I like the matchups. PIT is solid and BUF has some excellent matchups at the beginning of the next 5 weeks and Detroit has some excellent matchups at the end of the next 5 weeks.

Overall:

I like this team a lot and think I should contend to move on if I get some good luck. Thanks to jjammer for letting me take over.

I found this very interesting. I had the same draft slot in League 3 as Borbely (12th). So I was curious who he took. But what was most interesting was Phoenix in the 11th spot - he took the exact three players I took in League 3, Smith, Jennings, and Rodgers. I then looked at Borbely in rd.'s 4 and 5 and noticed he took Moreno and Bush. I took Addai and Bush, but Addai wasn't there for Borbely. I caught a little criticism (not a lot) in my league for not taking Hightower instead of Bush, but Hightower went lower in your league as well at 6.03 whereas Bush went at 4.12. Very interesting. I'd love to know why Borbely took Bush at that spot.

And Phoenix, I would say that our fates are tied together, but we have no other similar players on our team except our first three draft picks.

Team Borbely

I chose to take the 12 slot for a couple of reasons. First, I think getting the 3.01 is huge, but only if my other reason panned out. The other reason was because this unusual format makes it tough to project who will get taken, even in round one, so I figured at least one player I liked (and would have taken in the middle of round one) would slide. I did not expect Andre or Moss to be the ones who slid to me. So that part of my strategy worked as I wanted it to.

The other thing I knew is that only 25% of the NFL teams have already had their bye weeks. with that, I decided to not worry too much about bye week issues and instead, just focus on finding value and hoping players would slide because they had not had a bye yet. We'll see how this works, but in looking back, I don't see many things I would do different related to the bye weeks.

QB

6.12 - Matt Schaub (10)

8.12 - Kyle Orton (7)

16.12 - Chad Henne (6)

Once I saw QBs flying off the board early, I pretty much knew I would not take one before the 6/7 turn. I did not expect Schaub to be here, so this was a no brainer and really solidified my entire team. There was a QB run after my Schaub pick, and Orton was the best available at the next turn. Henne was picked because I want 3 starting QBs in this format in case of injury, plus not wanting to ever have a week with only one QB starting. Overall, I love the Schaub pick, Orton is ok as a backup, but nothing special, and Henne is just a 3rd QB.

RB

3.01 - Steven Jackson (9)

4.12 - Reggie Bush (5)

5.01 - Knowshon Moreno (7)

14.12 - Jamaal Charles (8)

21.01 - Chris Brown (10)

After going WR WR, I knew I would take a RB at the 3.01, but I had no idea who would slide. After a poor week 1, S Jax has averaged 15 fantasy PPG in PPR in the last 4 games, and I expect the Rams to get him more involved in the passing game going forward, especially with Bulger healthy again. I took the underachieving Bush at the 4/5 turn. He has had his bye, plus I just have to believe he will be more involved (and more productive) in the passing game. He averaged 13 PPG in the first 3 games, which isn't all that bad. Moreno has averaged over 15 PPG in the last 3 games and should be even better going forward. I expect him to be more involved in the passing game. The drawback for Moreno is a couple of tough matchups, but I think it will be negated by him being more involved in the passing game. I wanted 3 solid RBs because I knew I wouldn't take a RB for quite some time unless someone slid. Nobody slid. I then took Charles. He was the best of a weak bunch, plus the Chiefs are considering more spread formations out of the shotgun. Along with LJ not showing much, Charles should see more snaps and could be a decent PPR RB for a couple of games. I took Chris Brown in round 21. I hope to get one week where he scores a TD. He saved my team in the subscriber contest last week, so I know one week is good enough. Overall, I like my top 3, Charles is ok for where I took him, and Brown is just roster fill.

WR

1.12 - Randy Moss (8)

2.01 - Andre Johnson (10)

7.01 - Percy Harvin (9)

11.01 - Roy Williams (6)

12.12 - Jerricho Cotchery (9)

13.01 - Lee Evans (9)

15.01 - Nate Washington (7)

20.12 - Jabar Gaffney (7)

I really like the value I got at WR. I never expected Andre or Moss to fall to me, let alone both. Harvin is great in this format because he can take it to the house on any play, plus he is getting more involved in the offense every week. The next 3 picks were 2 underachievers (Roy and Evans), plus a risky pick in Cotchery because of his injury. I'm hoping he only misses week 6. There is a point where I will gamble and this late, there were not a lot of great options. I don't need these 3 to be good every week, I just need a couple of solid games from each. I think that is very possible and considering they were picked in rounds 11, 12, and 13, the risk was minimal. Nate Washington is involved enough in the Titans passing game to be a solid pick in round 15. Gaffney just needs one big week to justify taking him 20th. Overall, Moss and Andre are studs and getting those 2 at the 1/2 turn was unexpected. I just need a few games of solid production from Roy, Cotchery, and Evans. I think that is the key for my team.

TE

9.01 - Chris Cooley (8)

10.12 - Dustin Keller (9)

I think many shied away from Cooley because of no catches last week. Many thought he stayed in to block after Samuels got hurt, but that was not the case. He simply (for unexplained reasons) did not have a single target all game. I expect the Cooley of the first 4 weeks and if that happens, he is a steal at the 9.01. Cooley averaged 15 PPG in the first 4 games, which would put him at 5th in average PPG. He was the 13th TE taken. I wanted a 2nd decent TE because of my potential bye week issues and Keller was much better than any other options at this point.

K

17.01 - Neil Rackers (4)

19.01 - Nick Folk (6)

I wanted at least one kicker who has already had a bye and Rackers fit the bill. Folk was the best available and I wanted a kicker with a week 6 bye because I will want two kickers the rest of the way and week 6 is the week where I have fewer major bye issues.

DEF

18.12 - Dallas Cowboys (6)

22.12 - Tennessee Titans (7)

I let defenses go and paid the price. I got 2 below average defenses.

Overall, I'm not overly enamored with my team, but if I can get production from my mid round WRs, I have a chance. I have some by week issues, but then again, most teams do. I think this is a middle of the road team, but I think I have a chance if my mid round WRs pan out.

Week 6, I am without Henne, Cotchery, Roy Williams, Folk, and the Dallas defense. I really gambled only having one kicker and one defense in the same week, but I have some great matchups so I hope it pays off.

Team Chaos +20%ers

First a big thanks to FBG for putting this together. I offered to run or help organize it next year when when I contributed to the schedule nuisances that were creating some stress. My word's good and I'll team up with Twilight (who's awesome for this) and the other volunteers when this is done to take the burden off the staff next year. No better way to say thanks, imo.

I had a lot of fun drafting in the middle of the season for the first time. I've drifted away from the hobby a bit this year, so this is a great way to keep connected. I put 6 hours into this draft before it started yesterday. So counting the 3 and a half hour actual draft, I've now put almost 15 hours into fantasy football this year, total. This is my only league. It's nice to watch the games and not give a hoot about players all over the league. I qualified for a spot based on "past performance" around here, I guess. Then I picked a first round draft date that looked okay with my out of control August schedule, and someone died, and I had to miss my draft; and renesauz drafted this team that qualified for Round 2 for me. I did give him lists and instructions that got him through about half of that draft, but he built the team that advanced as much as I did. Thanks again Rene.

QBs

Ryan, Matt ATL QB 4

Warner, Kurt ARI QB 4

I haven't looked at all the teams but this has to be the top or one of the top combos. Both QBs flirt with elite numbers regularly. Both have their byes behind them. It was costly, but Ryan fell a little more than I expected. The WR I wanted with the Ryan pick was gone, so I gave this a try over my usual 3 QB approach. I like it.

RBs

Tomlinson, LaDainian SDC RB 5

Jones, Thomas NYJ RB 9

Barber, Marion DAL RB 6

Jones, Felix DAL RB 6

Parker, Willie PIT RB 8

Bell, Mike NOS RB 5

Scott, Bernard CIN 8

A crew laden with controversy. People who think LT is done probably are looking at stats and not watching him move. He looks fine to me. I expect a nice surge here in the middle of the season coming off a bye healthy. No bye means he gets 20% more games than many other backs. I believe in LT +20%. I had #1 overall, chose it to be on the corner mid and late in the draft, and I wanted Peterson. But in my six hour strategy session, I decided to take Fitz +20% #1, and believe in LT with my 2nd rounder. It was obvious he was falling that far. Thomas Jones is what he is and he is generally underrated. The Cowboy combo makes this Cowboy fan smile. I love Choice and understand these two are nicked, but I think nicked is the key here. That story about Barber's lingering issue seemed speculative to me and I expect both to come off the bye this week very strong. I'm not convinced Willie is done in Pitt yet, and he was very cheap. I also believe in Mike Bell +20% for his low price, but let's not go there here.

WRs

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR 4

Royal, Eddie DEN WR 7

Henderson, Devery NOS WR 5

Jones, James GBP WR 5

Moore, Lance NOS WR 5

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR 5

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR 10

I have a bad habit of neglecting the position I take in round 1. Grabbing Matt Ryan as QB2 and not a legit WR2 is just more evidence of the problem. Royal is not what I seek in WR2, but he should have more good moments for survivor purposes when teams work too hard to stop Marshall. The 4 5s+20%ers above are the product of that six hour preparation session. Going in I had no idea that I would draft Royal, but I predrafted Fitz and inked in the Saint combo at 11.12 12.01 and the Packer combo at 15.12 161. It was fun to watch it unfold perfectly from a whopping three leagues worth of ADP information. I may have been too clever for my own good, but I'm a bigger fan of all four of these WRs than most, so it there it is. With so few byes, I will have a lot of bodies in the pattern every weekend; reasonably talented bodies in high scoring offenses. If this works, fantasy football professors will study what I did here and teach it in their survivor courses for years to come. :drive:

TEs

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE 4

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE 7

The original plan was Marshall and Gates at 3.12 and 4.01, with Warner as the back up for either, and two strategies branching off from that possibilities. Two of the other three owners with my draft slot were able to catch that combo, the other picked up Warner. It all made sense to me. Well Gates and Marshall were gone but Gonzo + 20% was sitting there in his place so I went with him and the Warner strategy. Sheffler is a guy I like who may or may not get in this best ball lineu. I'm not high on him, but there was nothing much left when I added him. So this draft became the "Warner Strategy" for exactly one more pick when I diverted from it too.

Ks

Graham, Shayne CIN PK 8

Nedney, Joe SFO PK 6

I don't believe in using kickers and drafted two that I was pretty sure still had jobs. The +20%ers were gone

Ds

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def 4

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def 5

I'm an IDP guy and find Team Ds as annoying as kickers, but I did target this +20% combo because it appeared to be the only one available late enough for my other ideas. They have an interesting combined schedule that could post some nice numbers. If I could do this again, I would probably not take Jacoby Jones and Bernard Scott to add a 3rd K and a 3rd D, because they rely so much on luck.

Which is probably what it's going to take to swim through this pool of sharks for five weeks.

Good luck all, and feel my wrath! :lmao:

Um, I get the scoring rules, but not the elimination process. I saw a thread for one of the other leagues talking about the best score being 11-0 the next 10-1, etc. Someone want to explain how this works for me?

Um, I get the scoring rules, but not the elimination process. I saw a thread for one of the other leagues talking about the best score being 11-0 the next 10-1, etc. Someone want to explain how this works for me?
You play against every team every week, so you're playing 11 H2H matchups each week. If you're top scorer this week, you go 11-0. Next week, you're 2nd, you'd go 10-1 and have a cumulative record of 21-1. Week 8 you have low score and go 0-11 and have a cumulative record of 21-12. Repeat this process for all 5 weeks, and the top 3 cumulative records in the league move on.

Losing Washington for the season was bad enough, but Slaton's fumble issues and benching makes my RBs brutal and my chances at advancement slim.

Wow, things got a lot more interesting this week. Jayrok waltzes through his horrendous bye week unscathed and should be a lock.

Everyone else has issues.

Should be a lot of jockeying for positions tonight. Jayrok seals the deal. alonegunman continues the charge.

17 - alonegunman (182.1 pts) - DONE

28 - Jayrok (180.4 pts) - (Prater -11.1)

15 - ConstruxBoy (166.4 pts) - (Buckhalter -9, Steelers -5)

10 - Chaos Commish (158.3 pts) - (Parker -5, Royal -11.2, Scheffler -15.1)

21 - BroadwayG (154.2 pts) - (Wallace -0)

12 - Tanner9919 (148.9 pts) - (Moore -16.5)

19 - Anthony Borbely (143.3 pts) - (Orton -21.7, Moreno -6, Gaffney -6)

12 - MrPhoenix (137.3 pts) - DONE

11 - huskers15 (121.1 pts) - (Marshall -8.9, Ward -9.4)

16 - EBF (114.1 pts) - (Mendenhall -0, Holmes -6.3)

16 - MisfitBlondes (113.9 pts) - (Miller -0)

21 - by_the_sea_wannabe (110.9 pts) - (Roeth -0, Reed -3, Broncos -0)

Users who are viewing this thread