What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unexpected Observations From Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
https://www.footballguys.com/article/2021-unexpected-observations-week03

Justin Freeman dives deep with things that caught his attention on Snap Counts, Routes Run and Targets.

We do this for every team. Sample from Baltimore:

Baltimore Ravens

Lamar Jackson has boasted an other-worldly 35% and 39% rush attempt market share through two games. And he seems to be dialing in his accuracy through the air.

Ty'Son Williams (49% snaps, 32% RMS ) is not as far ahead of Latavius Murray (36% snaps, 22% RMS) as initial "workhorse" reports indicated.

Marquise Brown saw an astonishing 40% TMS in week two against Kansas City.

Sammy Watkins ran 100% of routes.

Note: TMS is Target Market Share

RMS is Rushing Market Share

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.footballguys.com/article/2021-unexpected-observations-week03

Lamar Jackson has boasted an other-worldly 35% and 39% rush attempt market share through two games. And he seems to be dialing in his accuracy through the air.

First, I like the format & the article. 

As for the quoted bit about LJax, his short to intermediate passing was really impressive.  He didn't throw a single deep pass on target, overthrowing receivers at least 3 times that I saw, and by a margin of error as to make them uncatchable. Maybe picking nits, but the only deep & accurate throw was on broken coverage to the undefended receiver. So I'm not sure  "dialing in" is the most accurate description for his overall passing game. The parts at times were greater than the sum. He still has a lot of work to do if they're going to try to open up downfield at all. 

Cool feature though - I'll go give it a read! 

Great article. Quick, easy read to glean some instant fantasy gratification, thanks. 

This is great Joe...and the direction it appears much of the industry is trending to...with Twitter/Social Media etc.

Agree with others posting here... format and content are terrific.

Thank you @Dizzy  

I think this is a good example of how, at least for me, we just have to try stuff. Sometimes things I think will be well received don't get traction. And other times stuff I"m not sure of totally resonate. I've learned the best thing is just to try a lot of stuff and see what hits. Clearly, this one does. Biggest thing is we don't want to be complacent. I know we have to keep bringing value. Super stoked about it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
TripItUp said:
This is great Joe...and the direction it appears much of the industry is trending to...with Twitter/Social Media etc.

Thanks @TripItUp I'm not sure I understand what you mean though. What does this feature have to do with Twitter/Social Media? Do you mean the way we're promoting it on Social Media?

Not sure if you can add this to the column, but “near misses”. Alan Robinson just missed out on catching a deep ball for a TD from fields in his game or edwards had a TD called back by a phantom holding penalty in Vegas, etc. 

Thanks @Gatorman I'll ask Justin about that as I agree it's super helpful. Not sure if it might be beyond what he's able to do on this. I worry a bit about overloading him. This feature already has grown into quite a bit more than it started to be when we first started talking and I want to make sure he's still able to focus on doing the weekly and rest of season projections that are crucial content. Thanks GB. 

Users who are viewing this thread