What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UNOFFICIAL COVID-19: NOT the mainstream Narrative (1 Viewer)

We already do discriminate - your thread is way too late, even if I agreed with you.  I don't agree with you though because you have yet to show a single liberty I had in 2019 that I don't have today. 
It's too late to make the world a better place?  It's never too late for that.

Hmm, just ONE liberty that's been taken?  Ok, I no longer have the liberty to breathe fresh air into my nose and exhale stale air (also known as Carbon Dioxide) out of my mouth while indoors.  That's pretty BIG, wouldn't you say?  My higher power gave me two breathing holes and we know for a FACT that humans need oxygen to breathe and we need to expel Carbon Dioxide, yet my freedom to do that has been taken.  My children are FORCED to cover their breathing holes for 8 hours a day in school.  I'd say that's a pretty LARGE freedom to lose.  

How about - should employers, the government or government agencies have the right to require a person be vaccinated as a prerequisite for employment or for businesses to require patrons to be vaccinated to do business with that business (note: any vaccination, not just COVID).  That's a debatable point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmm, just ONE liberty that's been taken?  Ok, I no longer have the liberty to breathe fresh air into my nose and exhale stale air (also known as Carbon Dioxide) out of my mouth while indoors.  That's pretty BIG, wouldn't you say?  My higher power gave me two breathing holes and we know for a FACT that humans need oxygen to breathe and we need to expel Carbon Dioxide, yet my freedom to do that has been taken.  My children are FORCED to cover their breathing holes for 8 hours a day in school.  I'd say that's a pretty LARGE freedom to lose.  
Move to Georgia - I haven't worn a mask in 2 weeks.  Also, nobody required you to where a mask in your home  Employers require employees to do all kinds of things all the time.  Like show up for work.

No offense man but either you are really bad at debate or you are joking with this thread.  Mentioning slavery is as bad as mentioning Hitler for shutting down any semblance of a discussion.  There may be an inkling of a debate in here that would be worthwhile but not how you've framed it and not how you've gone about it.  You came looking for a fight and most people aren't going to agree with you.  And it's not because they are ignorant or have their heads in the sand when it comes to liberty.
I'm not joking. I'm making a point. I think you're the one who doesn't know how to argue.  Slavery was a REAL thing in this country and it WAS legal at one time.  I'm pointing out in a VERY REAL EXAMPLE how flawed your thinking is.  You're argument is that.... we already to this so it's fine.  Well, that's not a very good debate and I easily pointed out your flawed logic.  

I'm not looking for a fight. I think all of you who view me as the 'crazy guy' are looking for the fight.  I'm trying to fight against authoritarianism, discrimination, loss of freedom.... that's the only fight I'm interested in.  There are a bunch of you who are confused about what freedom looks like.  It's not your fault, we've ALL been indoctrinated into this system.  Only knowledge and an open mind will free you.

Home school your kids.  You are the one forcing your kids to go to school. 

Are you intentionally being obtuse?  Last I remember, we don't tolerate discrimination in this country except now we do when it comes to personal health choices.  
That's just it... it's not strictly a 'personal health choice.' It has impact to others. It's no different from saying you should be free to smoke in a bar - as if there's no health risk to others. Or arguing a right to take the health risk of driving drunk... as if you're the only one on the road. Your freedom ends where the freedom of others begins. That's not new.

How about - should employers, the government or government agencies have the right to require a person be vaccinated as a prerequisite for employment or for businesses to require patrons to be vaccinated to do business with that business (note: any vaccination, not just COVID).  That's a debatable point.
NOPE

I'm not joking. I'm making a point. I think you're the one who doesn't know how to argue.  Slavery was a REAL thing in this country and it WAS legal at one time.  I'm pointing out in a VERY REAL EXAMPLE how flawed your thinking is.  You're argument is that.... we already to this so it's fine.  Well, that's not a very good debate and I easily pointed out your flawed logic.  

I'm not looking for a fight. I think all of you who view me as the 'crazy guy' are looking for the fight.  I'm trying to fight against authoritarianism, discrimination, loss of freedom.... that's the only fight I'm interested in.  There are a bunch of you who are confused about what freedom looks like.  It's not your fault, we've ALL been indoctrinated into this system.  Only knowledge and an open mind will free you.
I'll ask again - what liberty have I lost in the last 15 months?

Freedom means being able to take part in all facets of society even if you don't like me.  IF this is your stance, you must also support restaurants who do not allow asians or blacks or indians or....  Because afterall, it's a private business and they can enforce any requirements they want, right?
Pretty sure those are protected classes.

It has been demonstrated ad nauseum that wearing a mask does not lower oxygen density in the blood stream.

Can you really not see the precedent that's being set here?  Are you intentionally being obtuse?  Last I remember, we don't tolerate discrimination in this country except now we do when it comes to personal health choices.  
We absolutely discriminate and will continue to discriminate on personal and involuntary health choices.  There was intense fighting to keep doing exactly that during the ACA introduction.  Even beyond systematic discrimination this sets aside things like smoking in public places, among numerous other examples like that.  Not to mention this continues in lots of states being dead set to discriminate any health  gender based choices.  Discrimination is framed, often by what side of the gate you happen to land.  

So the letter F is worth a ban?  Why would the post you quoted be worth banning unless you're putting words into my posts?  Do you pretend to know what the F stands for? Because the FACT is that you have no idea what the F means.  You can guess, but then you're only guessing. Are you able to read my mind through the internet?  I only answer to my higher power and I haven't used profanity in years.  The F represented Forget but keep pretending you can read my mind.  It's clear that freedom of speech is NOT a value or right held by @Joe Bryant and I'll guess you never served your country either. So now we have folks who have done NOTHING for this country telling folks like me who HAVE SERVED what I can and cannot say.  'Merica!!
If the letter F represented "forget", why didn't you just type out "forget"? You typed out longer words, even some that started with F like "follow", so it seems weird to only choose to use F for Forget. Particularly strange for someone that hasn't cursed in years to make sure it wasn't confused for the far more common meaning of "F you".

I'd say it's a temporary, minor inconvenience to mitigate the spread of a deadly global pandemic. Potato, potahto.  :ph34r:

So you're really an anarchist.

Anarchy - absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

You're in the wrong country because this place has never been about 100% FREEDOM.

Someone needs a lesson about freedom. I'm sorry that your privileged life has brought you to a place that thinks discrimination in ANY form is OK.  It's not. I wasn't born into privilege so maybe that's why my perspective is DIFFERENT.  Different is OK, it's not something to discriminate against.
I see, this thread is only for people who agree with you. I find that makes for the most stimulating and diverse conversations...

Is this thread just a place to A) complain about masks, B) make fun of someone who asked that people not ridicule others, shame others or generally derail the thread?   

I was actually interested to read more about the thought process for folks who reject the COVID narrative.  It's disappointing to see things go south so quickly.

Is this thread just a place to A) complain about masks, B) make fun of someone who asked that people not ridicule others, shame others or generally derail the thread?   

I was actually interested to read more about the thought process for folks who reject the COVID narrative.  It's disappointing to see things go south so quickly.
Alex, what do you see as the “COVID narrative”?

.  There is no 'greater good for all'.  Because each of us is included in 'All'. 

S So now we have folks who have done NOTHING for this country telling folks like me who HAVE SERVED what I can and cannot say.  'Merica!!
If "there is no greater good for all", what difference does your service make? By your own definition, you were only doing what was best for you. Why should doing what's best for you matter to anyone else or give you special privileges or rights? 

There's another thread for those who believe the official story. This thread is for those who have questions.  So far, all I see are people telling me I'm wrong without even discussing anything from the interviews or about Lockdowns.
Your manner of interacting with people does your cause a disservice. People aren’t going to listen to your argument when you are ranting on and being confrontational. 

So you're really an anarchist.

Anarchy - absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

You're in the wrong country because this place has never been about 100% FREEDOM.
Also odd choice serving in the military to protect the very government that you think is oppressing the people. 

Also odd choice serving in the military to protect the very government that you think is oppressing the people. 
He wasn't in the military to protect the government. There is no "greater good"; the only thing that matters is what's in the individual's best interests. 

Users who are viewing this thread