What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial President Kamala Harris thread (1 Viewer)

NorvilleBarnes

Footballguy
I think we can all agree where this is heading.  Either by 25th Amendment, resignation, or god forbid something worse, it's pretty clear we have President Harris on the near horizon.

Who should be her VP pick?

NorvilleBarnes said:
I think we can all agree where this is heading.  Either by 25th Amendment, resignation, or god forbid something worse, it's pretty clear we have President Harris on the near horizon.

No, we don't all agree where this is heading. 

NorvilleBarnes said:

If the purpose is to help save our Republic and pick the one brand name Democrat still left who can operate to actual functional governance, then the only answer is Amy Klobuchar. She's a psychopath but she can run this country from an actual public policy perspective. She is, to my estimation, a very quiet warhawk, and that should be just enough to keep Putin and XI at bay for a while. Klobuchar absolutely positively will order a missile strike on anyone who breathes the wrong way.

If the purpose is for Kamala Harris' own self absorbed out of touch notion that she can actually win POTUS, the job then is to neutralize a future competitor. If she asks Gavin Newsom or Stacey Abrams, she positions the optics that those politicians are beneath her and must serve under her. Even if they turn her down ( which they will), the MSM will still have no choice to position both of them as refusing the call. This is an easy entry way to gut them in the press over and over again. David Axelrod can't control this kind of spin at that point. The problem is Harris has an incompetent media and coms staff. It would help the Identity Politics narrative if, as Ben Shapiro would put it -  the "Ken Doll" archetype that Newsom brings - is seen as subservient to a minority woman in power.

As soon as the House GOP takes power, they will immediately impeach Biden. Which makes it close to impossible for him to resign. Resigning would be tantamount to an open admission of guilt. Even the MSM couldn't try to cover for that. What the GOP wants is Team Blue elected officials ON RECORD voting against impeaching Biden. By voting against it, they are rubber stamping Biden's horrible track record and appending it onto their own political jacket. If they vote for it, they are disloyal traitors and they will get railroaded by people asking why did they endorse him in the first place. If they don't vote at all, they look gutless.

Team Blue and the DNC are in a pretty horrible situation here. No one can force Biden to resign. No one can force him to not run again. And despite his lack of approval from most of America, he still has the entire office of POTUS behind him in any campaign. That's a tremendous leverage point in the primaries.

Media optics wise - down the ticket, strategically, every GOP candidate is going to look for photos and video of Biden and Harris standing and hobknobbing with their current Blue opponent. And then push that out as much as possible. Biden and Harris are toxic by association.

If it gets that far, as Abrams and Newsom will turn her down, then the most practical choice left is Buttigieg for political reasons. Again, it casts him in a submissive light, and it's an easy pathway to lay all the blame on him for the entire energy crisis. Mayor Pete might take it, knowing this, because it raises his national profile, and he could hope to distance himself away from the Biden regime for his own run ( unlikely and bad strategy, he's basically toast, he self destructed his entire political career track of moving into higher office, I have nothing against him personally, he's just really dumb at politics, you can get away with that at a lower level, but as you move up the food chain, those flaws start to stick out )

If Harris/Buttigieg emerges, then I'd say David Axelrod should run for his life. Because now they have every reason to neutralize him as a threat for their 2024 hopes. So Klobuchar is actually competent, plus she's a sadist, so she would understand that, if it got to this point, you have to purge all Obama loyalists out of the administration. Obama cut a deal with Pelosi, that's the only reason Axelrod put a pin on Newsom in the MSM. The larger issue here is Harris is an idiot, and Buttigieg is pretty dim, and they probably won't see the long con. But Axelrod shouldn't bet on stupid, he should just run.

Which hilariously might keep Susan Rice around for a bit longer. How she's survived politically this long is nothing short of amazing. If you stand in the middle of idiots while they massacre each other, sometimes you make it out in one piece because you are too dumb to take cover. Nothing would make this country a better place than all of Obama's former groupies getting punted out of power roles in real government. Good God did Obama totally destroy this country in such little time.

These people are all incompetent idiots. Everything they touch turns to ash and all their policies makes it easier for America's children to die.

NorvilleBarnes said:
We'll see POTUS Bernie Lomax first.

IMO this is a nightmare scenario for the Ds.   I think Joe's performance and age at least gives them some good reasons to put somebody else up in 2024, and the optics wouldn't be as bad skipping over Harris.   I think it's much harder if something happens to Joe and Kamala is POTUS before then to skip her over and go with somebody else.    

I think Harris vs. X will result in a victory for X when I put in any of the front runners for the Rs in for X.  

If the purpose is to help save our Republic and pick the one brand name Democrat still left who can operate to actual functional governance, then the only answer is Amy Klobuchar. She's a psychopath but she can run this country from an actual public policy perspective. She is, to my estimation, a very quiet warhawk, and that should be just enough to keep Putin and XI at bay for a while. Klobuchar absolutely positively will order a missile strike on anyone who breathes the wrong way.

If the purpose is for Kamala Harris' own self absorbed out of touch notion that she can actually win POTUS, the job then is to neutralize a future competitor. If she asks Gavin Newsom or Stacey Abrams, she positions the optics that those politicians are beneath her and must serve under her. Even if they turn her down ( which they will), the MSM will still have no choice to position both of them as refusing the call. This is an easy entry way to gut them in the press over and over again. David Axelrod can't control this kind of spin at that point. The problem is Harris has an incompetent media and coms staff. It would help the Identity Politics narrative if, as Ben Shapiro would put it -  the "Ken Doll" archetype that Newsom brings - is seen as subservient to a minority woman in power.

As soon as the House GOP takes power, they will immediately impeach Biden. Which makes it close to impossible for him to resign. Resigning would be tantamount to an open admission of guilt. Even the MSM couldn't try to cover for that. What the GOP wants is Team Blue elected officials ON RECORD voting against impeaching Biden. By voting against it, they are rubber stamping Biden's horrible track record and appending it onto their own political jacket. If they vote for it, they are disloyal traitors and they will get railroaded by people asking why did they endorse him in the first place. If they don't vote at all, they look gutless.

Team Blue and the DNC are in a pretty horrible situation here. No one can force Biden to resign. No one can force him to not run again. And despite his lack of approval from most of America, he still has the entire office of POTUS behind him in any campaign. That's a tremendous leverage point in the primaries.

Media optics wise - down the ticket, strategically, every GOP candidate is going to look for photos and video of Biden and Harris standing and hobknobbing with their current Blue opponent. And then push that out as much as possible. Biden and Harris are toxic by association.

If it gets that far, as Abrams and Newsom will turn her down, then the most practical choice left is Buttigieg for political reasons. Again, it casts him in a submissive light, and it's an easy pathway to lay all the blame on him for the entire energy crisis. Mayor Pete might take it, knowing this, because it raises his national profile, and he could hope to distance himself away from the Biden regime for his own run ( unlikely and bad strategy, he's basically toast, he self destructed his entire political career track of moving into higher office, I have nothing against him personally, he's just really dumb at politics, you can get away with that at a lower level, but as you move up the food chain, those flaws start to stick out )

If Harris/Buttigieg emerges, then I'd say David Axelrod should run for his life. Because now they have every reason to neutralize him as a threat for their 2024 hopes. So Klobuchar is actually competent, plus she's a sadist, so she would understand that, if it got to this point, you have to purge all Obama loyalists out of the administration. Obama cut a deal with Pelosi, that's the only reason Axelrod put a pin on Newsom in the MSM. The larger issue here is Harris is an idiot, and Buttigieg is pretty dim, and they probably won't see the long con. But Axelrod shouldn't bet on stupid, he should just run.

Which hilariously might keep Susan Rice around for a bit longer. How she's survived politically this long is nothing short of amazing. If you stand in the middle of idiots while they massacre each other, sometimes you make it out in one piece because you are too dumb to take cover. Nothing would make this country a better place than all of Obama's former groupies getting punted out of power roles in real government. Good God did Obama totally destroy this country in such little time.

These people are all incompetent idiots. Everything they touch turns to ash and all their policies makes it easier for America's children to die.

:mellow:

Amy  Klobuchar is a psychopath and a sadist? It is very difficult for anyone to take you seriously after making statements like that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO this is a nightmare scenario for the Ds.   I think Joe's performance and age at least gives them some good reasons to put somebody else up in 2024, and the optics wouldn't be as bad skipping over Harris.   I think it's much harder if something happens to Joe and Kamala is POTUS before then to skip her over and go with somebody else.    

I think Harris vs. X will result in a victory for X when I put in any of the front runners for the Rs in for X.  
She could parlay this into a perfect situation for her. President for two years - with all the same handlers telling her what to do - and then step down, retire and have it made for life.

But you know Kamala. She'll probably blow it.

Only two people in this thread have posted serious responses to the OP. One of them, sadly, is my friend @squistion. At least his posts aren’t 20 paragraphs long. 

NorvilleBarnes said:

Ugh.  It’s just horrible to even think of her in this job.  Brutal.  

FWIW, the U.S. did not have a vice president for about 14 months after Lyndon Johnson took over for the deceased JFK. Hubert Humphrey ran with Johnson on the Democratic ticket in 1964, and became the sitting VP upon his ticket's electoral victory.

I get the feeling some of you are just now learning what Vice President means.
I think we are all smart enough to understand this is a possibility.  It was specifically talked about many times leading up to 2020 and what the odds people thought were Joe gets through 4 years.  

amazing how people are waking up to this reality now after we all knew it was inevitable back before the election. 
I think it's more amazing some of you think others are just learning about this.  

"Inevitable" is a bit hyperbolic, but I think odds were much higher with Joe than any other candidate I can remember.  I know I wasn't happy about the VP choice.  

Reagan was at 42% approval for his 1st midterm in 1982, but was at 58% for the 1984 election.

Job approval ratings of U.S. presidents at midterm elections 1946-2018
This actually a good topic for a separate thread -- the events during Reagan's first term that led to this turnaround. A lot of it was cultural and were products of the zeitgeist, as opposed to things that Reagan directly controlled. Still, an interesting time to live through.

When I start that separate thread, I'll @timschochet and anyone else who'd like to participate. I myself was just transitioning from "kid" to "teen" during those years, and I'm curious about the accounts of those who were at least college-aged by 1982-83.

This all feels eerily similar to the early post election conjecture that The Dems just used Biden as a ruse to get Kamala in the seat and he’d step down 6 months into the job.  Strange how all those theories just evaporated.  

I think it's more amazing some of you think others are just learning about this.  

"Inevitable" is a bit hyperbolic, but I think odds were much higher with Joe than any other candidate I can remember.  I know I wasn't happy about the VP choice.  
maybe I am being a little over assuming in regards to who is "learning about this" possibility. But I guess I assumed it would be more of general topic of conversation. 
I know its a scenario that has had my neck hairs raised every time Joe sneezes funny. 

NorvilleBarnes said:
If she’s pulling the strings it will be no one that would shine over her. If the powers that be are they will try to push through the perceived candidate.

my guess is mayor Pete 

like nobody wanted Kamala as president or they'd have voted for her in the primaries

Biden picked her for agenda, nothing more, nothing less ... scary if she gets the Presidency  

This all feels eerily similar to the early post election conjecture that The Dems just used Biden as a ruse to get Kamala in the seat and he’d step down 6 months into the job.  Strange how all those theories just evaporated.  
Agree

You know how sometimes people joke about messing with the libs?  Well Squishes replies are good reasons why it can be so fun
Except it's not a joke with the actual Republican party. Their main policy goal under the Trump era is to "own the libs", which, ironically, reflects back on them and their supporters in the same light. Sad.

I’m not the biggest fan of Kamala Harris but so believe she would make a fine President. The disdain leveled against her by many in this thread and elsewhere seems rather unhinged to me. 

But I doubt she will ever be President. 

like nobody wanted Kamala as president or they'd have voted for her in the primaries

Biden picked her for agenda, nothing more, nothing less ... scary if she gets the Presidency  
Meh. The United States of America survived, albeit with a lot of wounds that will take decades to heal, four years of DJT. I don't really care for Kamala that much either but I don't see her causing much damage. Probably doesn't get much done either, but very little negative long term consequences.

I’m not the biggest fan of Kamala Harris but so believe she would make a fine President. The disdain leveled against her by many in this thread and elsewhere seems rather unhinged to me. 

But I doubt she will ever be President. 
My opinion, her policies aside which I really don’t know much about honestly, during the debates she came across to me as the very angry prosecutor. And because of that it’s all I see when I see her anymore. She strikes me as an angry person. 

She’s cert competent. I don’t love her personality (from what I know of it); I’m not sure she’s a good person. But that wouldn’t disqualify her from being a good President. She’s got some very good ideas; I agree with her on most issues. She’s not too far to the left: I think she would do a pretty good job. 

Users who are viewing this thread