What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Upgrade to MyFootballguys - Adding the Classic View to 5 Second Primer (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hey Folks,

@Simon Shepherd 's  made a big change to the new MyFootballguys today.

For you guys that love the layout of the 10 Second Primer in the MyFBG Classic where you can see what each staffer projected for each player instead of a consensus, you can now see that same view on the new MyFootballguys.

To access this, go to https://my.footballguys.com/ and then on the 5 Second Primer, hit Settings & Sync top right and then switch to the classic option.

Let us know what you think.

That’s not the case.

if there’s an issue with your particular league please contact support at apps at footballguys dot com
Only if I get something more substantive this time than some “unlink and re-link the league” blowoff response when I emailed support weeks ago, which did nothing, and isn’t even the issue because the numbers on the classic 10-second primer are perfectly fine.

Only if I get something more substantive this time than some “unlink and re-link the league” blowoff response when I emailed support weeks ago, which did nothing, and isn’t even the issue because the numbers on the classic 10-second primer are perfectly fine.
Send it directly to me if you’ve been unhappy with help desk. My email is my last name at our domain.

more often than not this issue is the other way round (correct on new, wrong on classic) as new supports much more scoring

i answered a similar email today where someone was hand counting projections to fantasy points and saying it didn’t match up; turns out they weren’t accounting for bonuses but the new system was

theres always a logical explanation!

There seems to be a problem with IDP where the LB’s are not in their own category (DL and DB are) and only show up as Flex. Is this something that can be fixed?

There seems to be a problem with IDP where the LB’s are not in their own category (DL and DB are) and only show up as Flex. Is this something that can be fixed?
Is this just on the classic primer or everywhere? It sounds like an issue with the lineup settings for your league

Thanks for all the hard work the team has put into this.  It literally saves me hours each week setting lineups for way too many leagues.  And for getting a quick look at potential free agent adds.  One thing that would be nice would be to have a split screen setup where you see top free agent suggestions on the same page with the lineup suggestions.  

With that being said, the primer and MyFBG is almost too good in that anyone with just a basic knowledge of football can field a competitive team just by blinding following your suggestions.  I know that's the point but I do miss the days where you had to scour the transaction reports in a hard copy of a newspaper to find potential gems.  I imagine that the next step or goal at some point will be a deeper integration with MFL where you can click on one link and the suggested lineups will be set for you, players will be picked, etc.  You'll get there, and those using the service will love it, but it will impact the game in that my 5 year old daughter could probably win a few of my leagues by just using MyFBG.  So it's a bittersweet moment watching how the service has evolved over the years.

Question for subscribers: How do you use this tool?

In general, I have always leaned towards Sig's views on projections because his views most closely mirror mine. As I have gone through the year, I wonder if it should be used more as a contrary point of view rather than a confirmation of what I already think I know.

For instance, in my main league I have the choice of Brandin Cooks or Bredia in my flex. Two of the rankings say Bredia while Sig says Cooks who I was already decided on starting. It isnt so much that I want anyone to tell me who I should start but without knowing WHY Tremblay and Dodds rank Bredia higher, I just find myself using Sig's projection as confirmation rather than taking a deeper dive.

Any thoughts on how you are using this data in a way that I am not considering it?

@Joe Bryant  Not sure if this is the right forum to post about it, but it seems like under the "Custom Waiver Wire Report" in MYFBG Classic, it's pulling data from last year.  Has Andy Dalton as the top pickup. 

Yes, it too was pulling 2019 data for a second. Fixing now.

The Rest Of Season rankings are working properly in the League Dominator https://league.footballguys.com/#fbgroster/rankings/forward
Do you know whose stats these pull from?  Just curious how J. Allen was ranked above Burrow pre-season by quite a bit, but now rest of season has Burrow above Allen.  Would have thought week 1 would have boded well for J. Allen and not as well for Burrow.

Do you know whose stats these pull from?  Just curious how J. Allen was ranked above Burrow pre-season by quite a bit, but now rest of season has Burrow above Allen.  Would have thought week 1 would have boded well for J. Allen and not as well for Burrow.
The Rest Of Season Projections are from Bob Henry. He is outstanding at these.

The Rest Of Season Projections are from Bob Henry. He is outstanding at these.
Ah ok fair enough.  Was just surprised by the Burrow > J. Allen one I guess.  haha.

As for the MYFBG Classic, just re-synced everything and went to one of my leagues for the custom waiver report and once again it's showing Andy Dalton as a 5-10% Bid and the write up says "Dalton posted a career high day - without AJ Green! The new coaching staff has been good for him and the offense, and John Ross is looking like a top 10 pick for the first time. He'll be a streamable quarterback against the 49ers this week."

Ah ok fair enough.  Was just surprised by the Burrow > J. Allen one I guess.  haha.

As for the MYFBG Classic, just re-synced everything and went to one of my leagues for the custom waiver report and once again it's showing Andy Dalton as a 5-10% Bid and the write up says "Dalton posted a career high day - without AJ Green! The new coaching staff has been good for him and the offense, and John Ross is looking like a top 10 pick for the first time. He'll be a streamable quarterback against the 49ers this week."
Not sure why it's showing that for you. Please go to www.footballguys.com/help and enter a ticket and they'll need to get some info from you and then they will do their best to help. 

Thanks.  Ya the custom 200 forward works fine. 

But the "CUSTOM WAIVER WIRE REPORT - This is Sigmund Bloom's world-famous waiver wire report, except it only shows players who are actually on the waiver wire in YOUR league."

is showing last years players still.
Ok. Please go to www.footballguys.com/help and enter a ticket and they'll need to get some info from you and then they will do their best to help. 

Users who are viewing this thread