What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

USA Shootings (2 Viewers)

adonis said:
The times.

Airplanes were never before used to kill thousands of Americans.  What changed?  What did we do about it? 

Fertilizer bombs were never before used to blow stuff up? What changed? What did we do about it?

CO2 didn't use to be a problem for earth, but it seems to be now.  What changed? What should be done about it?

The reality is the world changes, people change, situations change, and we as a people have to be able to respond to the changes in ways that reduce the harm responsibly.
great analogy on airplanes - we hardened airport and airplane security , we didn't ban airplanes

we started tracking large buys of fertilizers and we placed guards at every federal building, we didn't ban fertilizer

KCitons said:
I've asked this before and never received an answer. If there are 5 million NRA members and even half the population wants tougher gun laws, why is there not an anti-NRA lobby? It's seems that funding should be easy. 

Your questions about registration, taxes, testing and annual safety checks do not apply. I've pointed out the flaws with each of them already. Either some are not being done in all states, or they serve no purpose. 
They do apply...if someone is wanting to continue to deflect and compare guns to automobiles as you continue to do.

Often there are multiple ways to attack a problem. I don’t think it’s a good idea to name a singular core and only focus on that.
I agree

Harden school security. Better mental health. Better ways to report threat of violence. These 3 things ARE going to happen and with them, school shootings will decrease more and more,

Help them if we can identify them mental health, Stop them when people report their violent signs, Stop them when all that fails and they try to enter a school

Trying to ban a color of style or look of a gun is an absolute failure idea and its attacking tens of millions of gun owners and it would also create tens of millions of criminals because many, many people wouldn't give their guns up. So many negatives and it will not stop the core problems.

toshiba said:
Let the Kids View
That is a vile view!

Edited just now by toshiba
you are lying again

I don't expect any better from a liberal. Hey, all you truly good liberal and/or Democrat's here, and I see ya'll, and appreciate the input you're giving to this problem .... ya'll need to reign in people like toshiba here, they do nothing to help your side

But you are not willing to remove the basic tool for these shootings.

You are ok with these deaths if it means you can own your manly guns!
we literally HAD guns in schools for decades toshiba and nobody killed anybody

guns haven't changed, people have

if you cannot acknowledge that, then I understand a bit more your desire to ban things vs attacking the core problem. I assume you want to ban alcohol to stop DUI's ?

great analogy on airplanes - we hardened airport and airplane security , we didn't ban airplanes

we started tracking large buys of fertilizers and we placed guards at every federal building, we didn't ban fertilizer
I think you scored some body blows there, Stealth

I agree

Harden school security. Better mental health. Better ways to report threat of violence. These 3 things ARE going to happen and with them, school shootings will decrease more and more,

Help them if we can identify them mental health, Stop them when people report their violent signs, Stop them when all that fails and they try to enter a school

Trying to ban a color of style or look of a gun is an absolute failure idea and its attacking tens of millions of gun owners and it would also create tens of millions of criminals because many, many people wouldn't give their guns up. So many negatives and it will not stop the core problems.
I agree about mental health and reporting threats.

There is a middle ground in gun control from making tens of millions of guns illegal.

I think you scored some body blows there, Stealth
well, I just try to look at how we attack all the problems we have in this country ..... and is banning the typical way we react?

I don't think it is .... and guns are not like every other thing but there are also a lot of ways we can see how other things have happened right?

Gun violence is down, has been going down down down without any guns bans and in fact, we've added millions of concealed weapons owners right?

So why are school shootings up up up ?

we literally HAD guns in schools for decades toshiba and nobody killed anybody

guns haven't changed, people have
People with guns have changed, time to take the guns away!

But you like guns more than kids, so you will never change your mind.

Dead kids are okay with you so long as you have your guns!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree about mental health and reporting threats.

There is a middle ground in gun control from making tens of millions of guns illegal.
I think there is too.

But how can the left meet with the right when the left wants to ban what the right has in some form or fashion ? That's always the problem

More words....

Do you want a front seat to watch kids killed?
be honest

you hate people who don't agree with you .... you don't want to do anything to help those mentally ill, you don't want to do anything to help the safety of kids in schools. You want to ban things you don't have in an effort to do something ... because hey, you're not going to give up anything yourself right? You do not participate in trying to make a difference either do you ?

but you WILL lie and rearrange quotes and words of posters, I'll give you that

I don't block people, ever. I do see people who have nothing to contribute to a discussion though, and they can be identified by the name calling and personal attacks.

I think there is too.

But how can the left meet with the right when the left wants to ban what the right has in some form or fashion ? That's always the problem
The political middle needs to ignore those on the far left and the far right and come to a compromise. It’s my strong opinion that most of our problems should be solved this way.

The political middle needs to ignore those on the far left and the far right and come to a compromise. It’s my strong opinion that most of our problems should be solved this way.
I've said that before

sit me and you down in a room and in 2 days we'll have something

example - I'll give you 10 day waiting period on AR15's, raise age to 21 on all gun purchases

you give me federal funding for hardening schools, releasing juvenile records so we know who's dangerous and a national/regional hotline for reporting

everyone agree's with mental health - that's nothing either of us give

right ? and F the NRA if they don't agree and F the Brady groups if they don't agree ........... the above is an example of how things CAN work

You are okay with gun ownership that ends is killing of kids in school.  Anything so you can own your guns!  Your guns are your top priority.   Kids dead don't matter as much as your guns!
So you pretty much have nothing to add. We get it so you can stop now.

You are okay with gun ownership that ends is killing of kids in school.  Anything so you can own your guns!  Your guns are your top priority.   Kids dead don't matter as much as your guns!
I think you’re misstating his argument. Gun owners like him aren’t the problem either. 

I've said that before

sit me and you down in a room and in 2 days we'll have something

example - I'll give you 10 day waiting period on AR15's, raise age to 21 on all gun purchases

you give me federal funding for hardening schools, releasing juvenile records so we know who's dangerous and a national/regional hotline for reporting

everyone agree's with mental health - that's nothing either of us give

right ? and F the NRA if they don't agree and F the Brady groups if they don't agree ........... the above is an example of how things CAN work
I’m not knowledgeable enough about all these issues to know what a good compromise would be (but at first glance I’d want more from your side) but I agree with you in principle.

Users who are viewing this thread