What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vacation Dilemma- turned into Branson thread (1 Viewer)

Do the kids know about the Florida trip? How do they feel? Normally I would say **** move backing out but because it is family, you do have an option IMO. If your MIL needs the help, I think that is a reasonable out that someone would accept. You just need to make sure you as an immediate family are all on board. 

@Chadstroma You didn’t mention in your original post, but have you already booked and paid for lodging in Branson? I assume you were planning on splitting it? If you bail and stick the other family with the full cost then yeah, very uncool. 

I’m not sure I’m following - are you saying that your wife thinks you should change your plans and take the MIL?

If so, then that changes things slightly for me or really just introduces a bunch of other questions.  My MIL is a saint and I’d do just about anything she asked of me if I was able.  I still wouldn’t change plans with the friends but I would figure out a way to help my MIL even if either I or my wife had to miss the vacation.  Granted, my MIL wouldn’t ask unless it was truly important.
I don't know... when I told my wife she seeemed perturbed. It could be just the situation or it could be she thinks we should go. I dunno but I am not going to push it. 

Do the kids know about the Florida trip? How do they feel? Normally I would say **** move backing out but because it is family, you do have an option IMO. If your MIL needs the help, I think that is a reasonable out that someone would accept. You just need to make sure you as an immediate family are all on board. 
We didn't tell.the kids because they I know the boys would be crushed in the possibility of going to Disney and then not. My daughter may not so much because she is super excited about the vacation with her best friend. 

@Chadstroma You didn’t mention in your original post, but have you already booked and paid for lodging in Branson? I assume you were planning on splitting it? If you bail and stick the other family with the full cost then yeah, very uncool. 
They booked it from their time share thing they have. We paid for ours and I think we have insurance on it which they do as well. 

We didn't tell.the kids because they I know the boys would be crushed in the possibility of going to Disney and then not. My daughter may not so much because she is super excited about the vacation with her best friend. 
Makes sense. Is there any chance your wife is so mad about your decision that she would mention it to the kids?

Makes sense. Is there any chance your wife is so mad about your decision that she would mention it to the kids?
Ohhhh no. She has been fine with me since so I think she might have been just frustrated with the situation. Also, It is that time of the month which is also why I am trying to lay low and not push asking questions or talking about it more. 

::scared::

Yes and yes. ?
This is your family and who you have to deal with your entire life, every day.  Trust me, no one will look out for you or care about you as much as yourself, meaning, if the shoe was on the other foot, i’m sure someone wouldn’t think twice about hanging you out.  It sucks to think like that, but welcome to america and life.

Skip Orlando this time of year (or the rest). Hell on earth. 
My wife is flying down there tomorrow with our three little kids.  Her whole family is coming in from Michigan.  I "volunteered" to stay home with the dog and cat.  And water our plants.  

But I'd rather get rogered in a Siberian prison than go to Disneyworld in July (or any time of year).  

We head to Branson tomorrow morn. 

Wife is fine. MIL is fine. Apparently they are talking about going in Oct or Sept now. 

Meanwhile... I am thinking WTF was this presented to me like a mucn bigger deal that I had to stress over?
You did the right thing. I can't say I care for Branson, though, and it's hot as hell right now. Miserable 

You did the right thing. I can't say I care for Branson, though, and it's hot as hell right now. Miserable 
I have never been and honestly likely would never have as it was not on my list of places to go to but our friends picked it. We were looking at what to do down there a couple of days ago and the Shanghai Circus and there is a magic show that seemed interesting to my wife and I.... there is some horse show thing and our friends want to go.... we decided that would be a "separate family" night because we have no interest in that.  :lmao:  We looked at the weather and it is all triple digits the whole time which isn't ideal. Likely look to a lot of water related activities... I think I saw there are a few water parks down there. Whatever, if it was just us going down there it would kinda suck but it should be a fun time with the friends. 

I have never been and honestly likely would never have as it was not on my list of places to go to but our friends picked it. We were looking at what to do down there a couple of days ago and the Shanghai Circus and there is a magic show that seemed interesting to my wife and I.... there is some horse show thing and our friends want to go.... we decided that would be a "separate family" night because we have no interest in that.  :lmao:  We looked at the weather and it is all triple digits the whole time which isn't ideal. Likely look to a lot of water related activities... I think I saw there are a few water parks down there. Whatever, if it was just us going down there it would kinda suck but it should be a fun time with the friends. 
Silver dollar city is a big theme park and has a waste park. There's a good winery on the edge of town and a decent hiking trail in the middle of town.  Outside of that and the touristy stuff, there's a big shopping area down on the river and zip lines. 

My kids are there now with their grandparents and are having their usual good time.  They are camping at a place right on the river, so they have fishing available at their fingertips.

But they did this alpine slide thing yesterday and loved it. My daughter is 12 and did it on her own, as well as the older boys.  Plus they did some mini golf and of course lots of time in the pool.

Silver Dollar City was the worst ripoff amusement park I've ever been to.  We went over the holidays and oh my gosh, I'd rather spend the day at the Alpine Coaster than set foot in SDC again.  What a freaking waste that was.

So..... totally ignorant question... 

Is Branson on the Ozarks? Or near it? Or? 

(My only knowledge of the Ozarks is from the show)

Silver Dollar City was the worst ripoff amusement park I've ever been to.  We went over the holidays and oh my gosh, I'd rather spend the day at the Alpine Coaster than set foot in SDC again.  What a freaking waste that was.
Hmmnnn... good to know. I was debating going Sat but the heat is gonna suck big hairy monkey toes but a bamlmd my kids like was playing there... maybe thay tilts it to finding something else then.

Whenever we drive through MO we always think about pulling into Uranus.

One time we did and it was delightful. 
LOL I live about 2 miles from that place. It also has a really weird museum on one side of it. Was told it used to be a strip club until the owner was forced to close it. Reopened it as Uranus fudge factory. 

They have one of those in Branson? I thought they only had one down the street from me. Such a weird place
On the way to Branson... about 3/4 of the way between Chicago and Branson. 

It was a "fun" stop. The kids didn't get our jokes but us adults had fun coming up with stuff. Took some pics... kids picked out useless toys that will break or be forgotten after the trip... and picked out expensive candy but the fudge is pretty good. 

Users who are viewing this thread