What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vasectomy in the AM... (6 Viewers)

I go for mine tomorrow at noon. :thumbup: :cry: :cry: Any last advice?
UPDATE- It is done.Procedure complete about 2 hours ago. Peas on the boys right now. No pain yet, but the local is still in effect. Advil and anti-inflammotory taken right after. No need for the Vicodin... yet.
Oddly enough, I'm sitting here in the same boat.Just got snipped this morning.No pain either, but I never even gave it a chance since the second the Vicodin hit the house it hit my stomach.

I go for mine tomorrow at noon. :thumbup: :excited: :cry: Any last advice?
UPDATE- It is done.Procedure complete about 2 hours ago. Peas on the boys right now. No pain yet, but the local is still in effect. Advil and anti-inflammotory taken right after. No need for the Vicodin... yet.
Oddly enough, I'm sitting here in the same boat.Just got snipped this morning.No pain either, but I never even gave it a chance since the second the Vicodin hit the house it hit my stomach.
:lmao: It wasn't that bad now, was it? I think I will forgo the Vicodin tonight for some drinks with the wife after the kiddos are in bed. :popcorn:

You have no idea the physical toll that 3 vasectomies can have on a person!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually having a similar procedure on Monday. They have to go around my penis and shave some of the girth down because it's unsafe at its current size. Gets in the way all the time and has a higher chance of infetcion.

Can't use it for radical sexual acts. etc. Hell, I can't even fit it in most of my pants.

Wish me well that the procedure will go well and as little pain as possible

Actually having a similar procedure on Monday. They have to go around my penis and shave some of the girth down because it's unsafe at its current size. Gets in the way all the time and has a higher chance of infetcion. Can't use it for radical sexual acts. etc. Hell, I can't even fit it in most of my pants. Wish me well that the procedure will go well and as little pain as possible
2/10;-)

I go for mine tomorrow at noon. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Any last advice?
Oddly enough, I'm sitting here in the same boat.Just got snipped this morning.

No pain either, but I never even gave it a chance since the second the Vicodin hit the house it hit my stomach.
:popcorn: It wasn't that bad now, was it? I think I will forgo the Vicodin tonight for some drinks with the wife after the kiddos are in bed.

:yes:
Spoke too soon. I now have a marble in there in addition to the regular boys!

I guess I better break down and read this thing since I'm having one done in about three weeks.

My urologist has canceled on me 3 times. Was originally supposed to be done in February. This guy sure golfs/vacations a lot. Currently re-re-re-rescheduled for July 18th.
Same day as mine. I guess we can both report back the same day. :confused:

Got back from the procedure a few hours ago. The procedure itself was a breeze- nothing to worked up about at all. Even after I got home it was not a problem. In the last hour or so, though, it's started to feel like someone whacked me in the balls. Not as if someone kicked me- it's not that bad- but it is uncomfortable. The frozen peas are taking care of that fairly well right now.

GLLLLLLLLLLL PEAS

Got back from the procedure a few hours ago. The procedure itself was a breeze- nothing to worked up about at all. Even after I got home it was not a problem. In the last hour or so, though, it's started to feel like someone whacked me in the balls. Not as if someone kicked me- it's not that bad- but it is uncomfortable. The frozen peas are taking care of that fairly well right now. GLLLLLLLLLLL PEAS
Listen about taking it easy for 2 / 3 days. I was out coaching my kids baseball team the next day because I felt fine. By the time the game was done, they were probably both twice the size they should have been. It probably added about 4-5 days to my recovery.

Got back from the procedure a few hours ago. The procedure itself was a breeze- nothing to worked up about at all. Even after I got home it was not a problem. In the last hour or so, though, it's started to feel like someone whacked me in the balls. Not as if someone kicked me- it's not that bad- but it is uncomfortable. The frozen peas are taking care of that fairly well right now. GLLLLLLLLLLL PEAS
Listen about taking it easy for 2 / 3 days. I was out coaching my kids baseball team the next day because I felt fine. By the time the game was done, they were probably both twice the size they should have been. It probably added about 4-5 days to my recovery.
:popcorn: Stay off your feet. I know a guy that wanted to show how tough he is after his snip job. Decided the next morning to drive 20 miles to Home Depot and buy some paving stones. Had to call his wife to come pick him up. She had to bring a neighbor with her to drive his truck back.

:lmao: Stay off your feet. I know a guy that wanted to show how tough he is after his snip job. Decided the next morning to drive 20 miles to Home Depot and buy some paving stones. Had to call his wife to come pick him up. She had to bring a neighbor with her to drive his truck back.
Awesome.Conversely my Pop called me a ##### for taking it easy. Allegedly he hit the bar a few floors down immediately following and then went to play basketball.

Actually I did go meet some friends for 2-3 beers last night. Sat down the whole time and took it easy, then came home and relaxed. Today there's slight bruising right around the incision sites (which incidentally are much smaller than I thought they'd be, maybe 1/2 centimeter), and no pain to speak of. Still taking the doc's advice and not doing physical exercise for about a week, though. Again, it's really not bad at all.

Will report back later tonight when I have swollen cow balls.

Freakin joke pain wise...the needle numbing you hurts for only a second...the wierdest part is laying there talking to the doc about sports or whatever all the while hes cutting , pulling and burning YOUR BALLS....seriously nothing to sweat and just minor discomfort , after just take it slow for a few days.
:thumbdown:

Had mine done this morning. Worst part was arriving at the doctors office a half hour early, only to be told he was running an hour behind schedule. Took my valium when told, at was completely at ease prior to the procedure.

Shot was not bad, worse on the left side. Felt a little tugging while snipping the vas.

Currently lounging with minimal pain. Got both remotes and laptop. 500 mg tabs of Vicodin do help, as well as the frozen peas. Boys are a little swollen, and red around the incision.

Was really worried prior to procedure, as I waited for three months after my initial consultation. Should have done it right after the initial visit.

After the procedure were you guys scared out of your mind when you were about to pop the first post-op boner? Serious question. Any thoughts that something was gonna hemmorage and scar for life (besides the ball veins)?

After the procedure were you guys scared out of your mind when you were about to pop the first post-op boner? Serious question. Any thoughts that something was gonna hemmorage and scar for life (besides the ball veins)?
No, but I asked the doc all about this stuff beforehand, so there wasn't anything for me to worry about. I thought I was well informed going in, but after my questions, I realized I was pretty ignorant about the whole thing.Seriously, this is not a big deal. At all. Any guy that would make his wife get fixed instead of doing this minor procedure is being a jerk. Having a tooth pulled hurts WAY more than this procedure. Stubbing your toe hurts worse than this.

Wasn't sure what thread to post this in, so I chose this one for no particular reason.

I had my vasectomy done last this past Friday. The urologist I went to uses a no needle, no scalpel procedure. I would recommend this procedure for anyone who doesn't like needles, especially down there. It feels like a light snap of a rubber band on the sack. Definitely better than needles, in my opinion.

Been sitting in my recliner all weekend long, with a bag of peas. No real swelling going on. Took some vicodin Friday, went without it on Saturday, until it was time for bed, and am going without today, but will probably take some tonight.

I was nervous as hell on Thursday night. Spent most of the day on Friday (appt at 3:30p.m.) trying not to think about it. Took a valium and two vicodins about an hour before the procedure (wife drove to the appointment.) I laid on the table for about 30-40 minutes before the doctor came in. He did about 4-6 "snaps" and then got right to work. Took about 10-15 minutes and I didn't feel a thing, not even a little pulling of the vas.

If the needles bother you so much that you are putting it off, I would definitely suggest looking for a doctor that uses the no needle technique.

I had it done in November. One thing that I would recommend (although too late if you are going in the AM) is that you be put out for it. I opted for being awake with a local and I actually almost passed out from the pain. The feeling of a doctor pulling your vas defrens is inexplicable. No pain meds could prepare you for the feeling as the nerve endings are not where they numb you. It took a good 72 hours before I could walk without a limp and a week to feel good . Also, the appearance of a third ball is apparently normal (although it scared the #### out of me) and easily treated with an anti-inflammatory pill. Prepare for alot of swelling and black and blue. It looked like a plumb dangling between my legs.Good luck! Ice it down and report back after
Good heavens. Hopefully the OP didn't read this. Had mine done at the end of December and I'm enjoying the benefits of the procedure already. Almost a non-event pain wise, just some very brief discomfort. Was feeling so good 24 hours later that I had to be careful not to overdo things. It's likely people have different experiences since there are so many urologists out there. :thumbup:
Yeah, mine wasn't so bad. I mean I was uncomfortable for a while, but damn, jcole's doc musta kicked him in the boys.

Wasn't sure what thread to post this in, so I chose this one for no particular reason.

I had my vasectomy done last this past Friday. The urologist I went to uses a no needle, no scalpel procedure. I would recommend this procedure for anyone who doesn't like needles, especially down there. It feels like a light snap of a rubber band on the sack. Definitely better than needles, in my opinion.

Been sitting in my recliner all weekend long, with a bag of peas. No real swelling going on. Took some vicodin Friday, went without it on Saturday, until it was time for bed, and am going without today, but will probably take some tonight.

I was nervous as hell on Thursday night. Spent most of the day on Friday (appt at 3:30p.m.) trying not to think about it. Took a valium and two vicodins about an hour before the procedure (wife drove to the appointment.) I laid on the table for about 30-40 minutes before the doctor came in. He did about 4-6 "snaps" and then got right to work. Took about 10-15 minutes and I didn't feel a thing, not even a little pulling of the vas.

If the needles bother you so much that you are putting it off, I would definitely suggest looking for a doctor that uses the no needle technique.
Only thing I remember is a little "tugging" and the smell of flesh burning. Not much pain after, just kind of a "headache in my balls" feeling. Frozen pees FTW.

Make sure you take the whole weekend and just kick back. You'll feel like getting up and doing stuff but don't. Take the time and heal. I didn't take enough time and regreted it.Also wait a few days before getting back in the game if you know what I mean. Had a buddy that wanted to test it out the day of. He suggested that I not try that. I was only too happy to take his advice.
I believe the docs suggest you wait more than "a few days" as you can damage incisions and/or cause bleeding. Also, there'll be "boys" in your system for a lot longer than you'd think. You need to go back to the doc with a sample and get tested before you get after it unprotected. I know a couple of guys who got v's and never got tested. What's the point of getting a v then? I got tested after like 6 or 8 weeks and was still positive. Waited another month, went back, and was good to go.Get tested.

how does that even work?

how does that even work?
It's magic...Hell I don't know. All I know is that I had it done. Whether it was no scalpel, I can't say right now. It was completely painless, other than the very little stings of the snaps of the anesthesia.

Sclaffer said:
culdeus said:

how does that even work?
It's magic...Hell I don't know. All I know is that I had it done. Whether it was no scalpel, I can't say right now. It was completely painless, other than the very little stings of the snaps of the anesthesia.
well, I'll give that a shot then. thanks for linking that

Sclaffer said:
culdeus said:

how does that even work?
well, I'll give that a shot then. thanks for linking that
I just took the band-aid off this morning. There is a very small "hole" with one or two very tiny stitches. As far as the no scalpel procedure, based on the links, they make a tiny hole with very sharp instrument. Through that hole, he made the cuts necessary, and was done. Very quick, and other than the "snaps", I felt absolutely nothing, as far as pain goes.I'm back to work today, but not doing a whole lot... just sitting around as much as possible.

If needles aren't your thing, I definitely suggest checking this out.

If you'd like, I can give you a link to my doc's website, and you might be able to get more information that what I've linked to.

ETA: Funny thing... our insurance changes on April 1st. Up until then, vasectomies are covered 100%. On April 1st, they are 80/20 with a deductable. I know of at least three people, plus myself, whom I work with, or work with their wives, who have had vasectomies done within the last two weeks. I'm the only one who had the no needle/no scalpel procedure done. Everyone else has complained about getting the shots. I'm not complaining about anything other than a little discomfort from time to time.

The thread lives on. 96 hours post-procedure. The stubble is the worst part. Damn my nuts itch.
:thumbup: Clipped on Thursday, and it wasn't as bad as I assumed. 40 yrs old, 2 wives (only one current), and 4 healthy kids - it was time.

Ice and Motrin - didn't get any vicodin :mellow: . The shots are the worst part by far, and no major swelling or evidence of the dreaded 3rd ball yet. Advise - bring the wife so she can watch. I think it helps the sympathy cause, which might get more assistance while recovering.

2 guy docs performed mine, and aside from the general :unsure: of 2 guys tugging @ your junk here's my funny story. I guess they clean tissue / membrane away from the vas prior to cutting it. one doc was doing the work, while the other was 'mentoring'. well, they were diligently doing their thing, when I looked down to check the progress. The mentor doc blurts out "just keep working it Dave". :mellow:

Oh, and mentally prepare yourself for the "shaft lasso" - where they used a rubberband and hemos to keep things out of the way.

Also, anyone in Denver, CO looking to get this done - and paying for it themselves - PM me for a VERY inexpensive solution. I 'donated' $100 to the clinic, and it could have been free. Think of it as a state/county tax refund of about $700.

what a week, survived the child's shots today, his legs are a little sore but otherwise ok...

Tommorow, I get snipped, and tonight I have to shave..my wife is laughing her butt off

Any pain tips etc???
Hope all went well, and that you're kicking back today with some frozen peas and a Vicodin or two.I had a vasectomy done about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and it is definitely taking longer for mine to heal than I think most people experience. One side is completely fine, but I'll still feel a shooting sensation about once a day - not really enough to call pain - but enough to know that I had some surgery down there.

I also think that one of my snipped tubes has somehow healed to where the incision was - which is also kind of strange, and it led me to start scouring the internet for potential complications with vasectomies - which is NOT a very good thing to do if you've just had the procedure done.

However, I did find a site that was pretty informative if you have questions about how you're healing, or are wondering if something you're experiencing is "normal" or not.

http://www.vasectomy-information.com/

This is the "Ask the Doctor" section, which I frankly found much more informative than a call to the nurse line at my urologist.

Here's to a speedy recovery! :thumbup:
Happy to report that after I had convinced myself via the internet that something had gone wrong with my procedure, time worked its wonders and I haven't felt any effects of the procedure at all for well over a year (don't remember exactly when the pain stopped, but it did).Loving the wake up sex lately - very glad I had this procedure done. :goodposting:

The thread lives on. 96 hours post-procedure. The stubble is the worst part. Damn my nuts itch.
:goodposting: Clipped on Thursday, and it wasn't as bad as I assumed. 40 yrs old, 2 wives (only one current), and 4 healthy kids - it was time.

Ice and Motrin - didn't get any vicodin :thumbup: . The shots are the worst part by far, and no major swelling or evidence of the dreaded 3rd ball yet. Advise - bring the wife so she can watch. I think it helps the sympathy cause, which might get more assistance while recovering.

2 guy docs performed mine, and aside from the general :unsure: of 2 guys tugging @ your junk here's my funny story. I guess they clean tissue / membrane away from the vas prior to cutting it. one doc was doing the work, while the other was 'mentoring'. well, they were diligently doing their thing, when I looked down to check the progress. The mentor doc blurts out "just keep working it Dave". :mellow:

Oh, and mentally prepare yourself for the "shaft lasso" - where they used a rubberband and hemos to keep things out of the way.

Also, anyone in Denver, CO looking to get this done - and paying for it themselves - PM me for a VERY inexpensive solution. I 'donated' $100 to the clinic, and it could have been free. Think of it as a state/county tax refund of about $700.
Some type of a trainee program? :unsure: That would make me nervous as hell.Hope you have a speedy recovery, and 3 or so months from now you're enjoying the results of your procedure.

And I agree with those that say definitely get tested - surprising how long those sperm can stay in your system.

Let me chime in and say that this procedure for me was a disaster. Had to do it in two stages, one with a local and one completely under. The first time, the pain was unbearable. I have retractile nuts, which means they crawl way up when spooked. First ball went ok, but for the 2nd doc dug around trying to find what he needed and the pain was indescribable. Went back a month later and was knocked out, pain lasted about a week. Feels like he had to go way up there, as the pain is significantly north of where you would expect it.

Let me chime in and say that this procedure for me was a disaster. Had to do it in two stages, one with a local and one completely under. The first time, the pain was unbearable. I have retractile ####, which means they crawl way up when spooked. First ball went ok, but for the 2nd doc dug around trying to find what he needed and the pain was indescribable. Went back a month later and was knocked out, pain lasted about a week. Feels like he had to go way up there, as the pain is significantly north of where you would expect it.
Wha... ??!?For those considering the no scalpel option, don't fool yourself into thinking they aren't putting a hole in your sack (2, to be more accurate). They most certainly are. Whatever the method, they need to get in there to perform the work.

Let me chime in and say that this procedure for me was a disaster. Had to do it in two stages, one with a local and one completely under. The first time, the pain was unbearable. I have retractile nuts, which means they crawl way up when spooked. First ball went ok, but for the 2nd doc dug around trying to find what he needed and the pain was indescribable. Went back a month later and was knocked out, pain lasted about a week. Feels like he had to go way up there, as the pain is significantly north of where you would expect it.
Ouch!I was able to give the fellas a trial run on the wife the very next day to make sure all the plumbing still worked as it should. :)

The wife would kill me for saying this, but this thread makes me want to schedule mine asap.

LOL @ my mother telling me I must be on drugs and she would be on suicide watch if she were me. This coming after she watched both of my kids for a day and a half. She had two kids, but we were ten years apart so she never experienced the joy of two kids a year and a half apart.

That joy is exactly why I want to have this procedure. That and the financial implications, as well as the responsibility, and worries kids will kid you.

9am tomorrow. A bit scared, but mainly ready to get this over with.

Haven't really decided on transportation. Kids have to get to school so this complicates things somewhat.

Funny thing a bunch of you in this thread and the other one talk about getting after it a few days after. Mine says take 5 days off then get after it.

Didn't read the whole thread, so I came in here to vent.

A friend of mine (6'5", 220+, solid muscle, my wife likes to flirt with him), had a vasectomy a few weeks ago on a Thursday. He coaches high school football, and was on the sideline for their game the next evening. He totally ruined my plan of milking the thing for an entire weekend on the couch in front of the TV, unless I'm willing to totally emasculate myself in comparison. :bag:

Didn't read the whole thread, so I came in here to vent.

A friend of mine (6'5", 220+, solid muscle, my wife likes to flirt with him), had a vasectomy a few weeks ago on a Thursday. He coaches high school football, and was on the sideline for their game the next evening. He totally ruined my plan of milking the thing for an entire weekend on the couch in front of the TV, unless I'm willing to totally emasculate myself in comparison. ;)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread