What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VBD Baseline for Combined WR/TE? (1 Viewer)

Seven Costanza

Footballguy
My league doesnt make a discrepancy between WRs and TEs. We are not required to start a TE but can use any TE as a WR. When setting my baseline should I combine all WRs and TEs into one group and simply add together Joe's recommended baseline for the 2 positions?

Joe recommends using 38 wide receivers and 8 tight ends as the baseline....should I just combine these 2 amounts and use a baseline of 46 for my combined WR and TE group? Or should I rank each seperately?

Thanks!

My league doesnt make a discrepancy between WRs and TEs. We are not required to start a TE but can use any TE as a WR. When setting my baseline should I combine all WRs and TEs into one group and simply add together Joe's recommended baseline for the 2 positions?

Joe recommends using 38 wide receivers and 8 tight ends as the baseline....should I just combine these 2 amounts and use a baseline of 46 for my combined WR and TE group? Or should I rank each seperately?

Thanks!
My league is the same, there is no TE requirement but grouped into WR. In such leagues TE's are severely undervalued and rightfully so. I would sort the entire list of WR and TE together based on stats and assign VBD as if these are the same position rather than taking 8 TE's as an arbitrary numbers. It will be obvious that top end TE's are those who get a lot of redzone touches when compared to WR's since they don't have the homerun YAC opportunities.

Any TE's beyond the top elite list in this scoring format are not worth a roster spot even compared to WR3-WR4 guys who can get you 40-60 yards each week as a floor with TD potential vs. TE's with 20-30 yards each week as a floor with very little TD potential. There are some TE's out there who get little to no yards each week but get plenty of redzone looks, those guys are good targets that the VBD will miss.

Thanks!
My league is the same, there is no TE requirement but grouped into WR. In such leagues TE's are severely undervalued and rightfully so. I would sort the entire list of WR and TE together based on stats and assign VBD as if these are the same position rather than taking 8 TE's as an arbitrary numbers. It will be obvious that top end TE's are those who get a lot of redzone touches when compared to WR's since they don't have the homerun YAC opportunities.

Any TE's beyond the top elite list in this scoring format are not worth a roster spot even compared to WR3-WR4 guys who can get you 40-60 yards each week as a floor with TD potential vs. TE's with 20-30 yards each week as a floor with very little TD potential. There are some TE's out there who get little to no yards each week but get plenty of redzone looks, those guys are good targets that the VBD will miss.
Thanks for the input Pigskin! So if I understand you correctly, you recommend combining my WRs and TEs into one position grouping and then setting my baseline at about the 46th person on the list based on projected fantasy points? I usually use a baseline of 38 for just WRs and 8 for just TEs....but it seems if I am listing them in one grouping it would make sense to bump my baseline down to 46? 38 + 8...

Yes, better to combine them into one position. They should have the same value used as the baseline since a TE who scores 150 and a WR who score 150 should be exactly equal in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread