What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Venmo Use in Concessions (1 Viewer)

soothsayer

Footballguy
A non-profit youth sports organization is interested in allowing fans to pay for purchases at the concession stand via Venmo. This seems easy enough but in thinking through the process I have some questions/concerns:

1 - After a fan makes their purchase, how does the volunteer who is working verify that the correct total amount has been paid? Do they show the volunteer their payment receipt on their phone? Does the concessions volunteer have to be logged into the org's Venmo account to see the amount come in? If so, wouldn't that create an easy way for someone to send money OUT of the account (steal it)?

2 - Is there a way to use Venmo in this way without paying a business charge (1.9% + 10 cents)? Can a Venmo account be linked to a business savings account without triggering business transactions?

3 - What else should the organization be thiniking about when accepting Venmo payments?

Venmo would be in addition to cash payments (no cards). The thinking is that sometimes people don't have cash and having an easy payment method for all might encourage more spending. I would appreciate any/all advice around this. TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
We used Venmo and CashApp and here is my limited knowledge of it.  

• We had a QR code sign printed which made it easy to get the payment to the right account.
  • Since we would have different volunteers at different times and games we would just have the patron show their payment screen.  In theory I think you could be logged in to ensure that the payment went in.
  • I am pretty sure ours was tied to out club banking account and not an individual 
  • Don’t know on the fees
  • I was surprised how easy it was and how many people were used to using theses apps.  Even grandparents.
  • Sometimes we would have someone who needed to install the app.  Recommend having them step aside to not slow the line
  • This was during COVID but we stopped taking cash completely due to county policy.  Wasn’t an issue - I’d consider doing it all the time if that’s an issue

AAABatteries said:
We used Venmo and CashApp and here is my limited knowledge of it.  

• We had a QR code sign printed which made it easy to get the payment to the right account.
  • Since we would have different volunteers at different times and games we would just have the patron show their payment screen.  In theory I think you could be logged in to ensure that the payment went in.
  • I am pretty sure ours was tied to out club banking account and not an individual 
  • Don’t know on the fees
  • I was surprised how easy it was and how many people were used to using theses apps.  Even grandparents.
  • Sometimes we would have someone who needed to install the app.  Recommend having them step aside to not slow the line
  • This was during COVID but we stopped taking cash completely due to county policy.  Wasn’t an issue - I’d consider doing it all the time if that’s an issue

Cash app takes a fee out of $5 I believe to whoever the account belongs to receiving the money. 

A non-profit youth sports organization is interested in allowing fans to pay for purchases at the concession stand via Venmo. This seems easy enough but in thinking through the process I have some questions/concerns:

1 - After a fan makes their purchase, how does the volunteer who is working verify that the correct total amount has been paid? Do they show the volunteer their payment receipt on their phone? Does the concessions volunteer have to be logged into the org's Venmo account to see the amount come in? If so, wouldn't that create an easy way for someone to send money OUT of the account (steal it)?

2 - Is there a way to use Venmo in this way without paying a business charge (1.9% + 10 cents)? Can a Venmo account be linked to a business savings account without triggering business transactions?

3 - What else should the organization be thiniking about when accepting Venmo payments?

Venmo would be in addition to cash payments (no cards). The thinking is that sometimes people don't have cash and having an easy payment method for all might encourage more spending. I would appreciate any/all advice around this. TIA.

Also forgot but we did an estate sale for the property my dad was selling. We set it up through my brothers account and got a card reader for the phone for people to insert CC or debit It was easy and just had a QR code and the account name it went too. 

Users who are viewing this thread