What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vernand Morency (1 Viewer)

Any of the teams currently lookin at the #3, #4 and #5 spots would probably be willing to move up for Bush.
And (this is key) pay a king's ransom for that given that Bush is the player they're inevitably trading up for. This is why I think Houston could in fact trade down, because they could receive this and next year's 1st's, as well as this year's 2nd and 3rd or thereabouts, and all from a team that's drafting early in each round.
Selfishly, I really hope they do trade down. There has been a lot of discussion that this year is great for OTs, so they could drop down a few picks and get a 2006 1st (like SD for Manning or Vick). They could even repackage that 2006 1st to move up from #33 to grab a second highly rated OT.I would hate to see DD (he is a keeper for me) lose potentially all of his value in my PPR league when in 2004 he was the #3 RB, behind Tiki and only 1 point behind LT. He was #13 in 2003 despite being the starter in only 10 games. This year he is #11 and that includes missing 2 games and the fact that Houston is on pass to score 70 points (almost 12 TDs) less than 2004.

I really, really hope Houston parlays the Reggie Bush hype into two stud OTs or the best OT and best OG in the draft. If so, I think DD is going to be a top 10 RB, especially in PPR leagues, for quite a few years.

I saw another thread earlier where someone mentioned that no one will be watching the SF/Houston game in Week 17, but I will be. I can't see SF passing on Bush if they lose to Houston since they just invested a ton in Alex Smith and Houston can draft Leinart, OL or anybody else they want.

Jesus himself would have difficulty finding running room behind that line.
WRONG!! Poor pass protection, decent run blockiung.Dom D is regularly clocking 100+ yard rushing games.

"Regularly" in my book doesn't mean the last 2 games of this 2005 season. The guy is a great player, but his team's inability to pass-block and throw, in general, have really hurt him in that they can't sustain drives and give him an ample opportunity to control the game.

In '05 he's run for 100+ twice against the Titans and another time against Baltimore... both poor defenses this season.

WRONG!! Poor pass protection, decent run blockiung.Dom D is regularly clocking 100+ yard rushing games.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Regularly" in my book doesn't mean the last 2 games of this 2005 season. The guy is a great player, but his team's inability to pass-block and throw, in general, have really hurt him in that they can't sustain drives and give him an ample opportunity to control the game.

Two games is not his season - he has regularly had good rushing games this year and has had holes to run through.The OL's pass blocking is straight up horrendous (which is why they need Ferguson or Young more than Bush, BTW) - but their run blocking is decent.

We're making the same point differently, I think. I'm saying that the lack of a passing threat is keeping Davis from his true potential.

Two games is not his season - he has regularly had good rushing games this year and has had holes to run through.The OL's pass blocking is straight up horrendous (which is why they need Ferguson or Young more than Bush, BTW) - but their run blocking is decent.

We're making the same point differently, I think. I'm saying that the lack of a passing threat is keeping Davis from his true potential.

"Regularly" in my book doesn't mean the last 2 games of this 2005 season.  The guy is a  great player, but his team's inability to pass-block and throw, in general, have really hurt him in that they can't sustain drives and give him an ample opportunity to control the game.

Maybe but that is not what you said. Not even close. You said DD has no holes to run through - not that the lack of a passing game is keeping him back.On that point, you are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread