What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Veteran WRs to target this year (1 Viewer)

Why could Coles only get 950 yards and 1 td while with the Redskins while Santana Moss (same qb) grabbed 500 more yards and 9 td's-while catching 6 fewer passes?

At a certain point it gets ridiculous to say player x can be good, so long as everything falls into place.  I'd much rather have Mason, K-Rob or a handful of other guys who don't require perfection to perform.  Who knows, Coles may burn me this season by my refusal to pick him.  I can't imagine how it would happen when they have no qb.

ETA in ppr leagues he's much more valuable.
Fair enough, but I think the QB situation has been so bad for Coles the last two years, and he has still gotten open and caught a ton or balls. K-Rob simply folded - Coles is a much less risky player. As for Mason, neither the jets nor the skins have seen a QB as good as Steve McNair in decades. But anyway, in ppr leagues, Coles has a great deal of value b/c his floor is relatively high - 70ish catches for 800-900 yards 3-4TDs, while his ceiling is very nice - 90ish catches for 1200ish yards and 8TDs. If Coles' low end makes him agood first backup WR in your league, he's a great player to take a chance on.
Fair enough it seems. You draft Coles and think you've gotten some value, I draft him and think I've stepped in a steaming pile of cow feces. That's what makes all of this so fun. In ppr leagues I agree he's going to be quite good but in any other format I just wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on him unless we're talking extremely late rounds. Even if Mason and Mushy keep their same lousy qb's I think they'll still be worthwile. Heck, I think Jurevicius is better value and he's on the Browns :X One big question I have-who is going to be throwing the ball to Coles? As we know, qb's can drastically alter a player's value. Is Pennington indeed coming back? Honest question, I really have no clue what's going on with their backfield. :unsure:

Great Bump. I hadn't seen this thread before, and it was a very informative read.

In the mocks that I've taken part in, I've been targetting Moose as a late-round veteran. He's had a year to get acclimated to the offense, and hopefully will have a QB that can get him the ball.

I hadn't put that much thought into Mason, but like the thoughts that I've seen here, especially now that we know McNair is in Baltimore.

A thread like this is the reason I love FBG :D

Great Bump. I hadn't seen this thread before, and it was a very informative read.

In the mocks that I've taken part in, I've been targetting Moose as a late-round veteran. He's had a year to get acclimated to the offense, and hopefully will have a QB that can get him the ball.

I hadn't put that much thought into Mason, but like the thoughts that I've seen here, especially now that we know McNair is in Baltimore.

A thread like this is the reason I love FBG :D
I have nothing against Moose--he led my teams to victory many times in 2004--but I have to wonder where all the love is coming from.He had that one phenomenal year (in CAROLINA), but since 2000 he has not ranked higher than WR32 in any other season. He had 64 reeptions last year--which again was his best since 2000--and ranked WR 37.

His current ADP is WR30. The Bears have been a Bottom 3 passing team the past three seasons. I understand that they have QB issues, but how much better are we to think they will be passing the ball given that they thrive on defense and grinding the ball out to run the clock?

I don't see Muhammad as being a terrible pick, but I don't see him offering up a lot of value for the cost of investment. If I felt the need to have a Bears WR, I would wait until near the end of the draft and scoop up Mark Bradley instead.

IMO, there are several guys available near where Muhammad is etting drafted that I would rather have (Kennison, Matt Jones, Michael Clayton to name a few) and others available a couple rounds later as well.

I don't recall seeing Corey Bradford's name in this thread (I only scanned briefly though). He's fixing to start opposite Roy Williams in Detroit, and if Martz has Kitna slinging the ball all over the place Bradford should see his share of production even though he's not even getting drafted in most leagues.

Robert Ferguson is another WR that is in a good spot if he locks down the WR2 spot in GB (which it seems like the leading contender). The #2 WR in GB has averaged 56-816-5 with Favre at QB over the past 10 years. He, too, is not getting drafting in most leagues.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on the Green Bay and Detroit situations. I'm still not sure who the #2s are going to be just yet. Boerigter is certainly interesting.

I don't recall seeing Corey Bradford's name in this thread (I only scanned briefly though). He's fixing to start opposite Roy Williams in Detroit, and if Martz has Kitna slinging the ball all over the place Bradford should see his share of production even though he's not even getting drafted in most leagues.
I began hyping Bradford in late May, and gave the board this in eary June:55/800/6 : JOIN THE COREY BRADFORD REVOLUTION

LINK LINK2

Of course I knew I'd be scoffed at or ignored by nearly everyone, but that's fine. People in general have little foresight unless it fits their hindsight comfort zone, and for most people Bradford definitely doesn't fit into that comfort zone.

I like the potential of the Parkers, Sammie and Eric. They can be had cheap w/upside. They're adp puts them as 4th or 5th wrs.

Naturally I like Sammie better because of the QB s. But, he has injury problems that Eric doesn't seem to have.

Just think if eighter becomes the man on teams w/easy passing schedules this year.

Excellent upside for their adp and nice bye week subs at the least.

Caldwell...the longer this Branch hold out keeps going on, the more reps he gets with Brady, could lead to decent value

Antonio Bryant...I don't know if he falls in this category, but I've been targetting him

Travis Taylor...with the news of KRob today, his value goes up as well

Caldwell...the longer this Branch hold out keeps going on, the more reps he gets with Brady, could lead to decent valueAntonio Bryant...I don't know if he falls in this category, but I've been targetting himTravis Taylor...with the news of KRob today, his value goes up as well
i would prob also add Horn to the list since stallworth has been battling injuries and is in the coach's doghouse. might include gabriel for the same reason.

Moulds looking good at Titans camp (Sirius at camp this tonight) - But why was he so bad last year??

Users who are viewing this thread