What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

Finally started AC Valhalla. Been playing for about a week and am only power level 50. Seeing some of the zones recommend 300+. This is gonna take a while. Maybe stopping to collect every gold and white dot on the map isn’t sustainable.

You can still beat the levels. You just need to get close to the that level. Not like past games where if you are 5 pts off the AI is overpowering. Helps to have the latest upgraded weapons though.

For old schoolers that like Final Fantasy Tactics, or for those who like Tactics RPGs in general (XCOM/Invisible Inc.), Tactics Ogre: Reborn is a nice port/update of the 25+ year old classic. My only real complaint so far is the voice actors sound like they were just hired from a Shakespeare troupe. But considering the original was all text and 8-bit sound, I guess I shouldn't complain too much on that front.

Anyone playing Warzone 2.0?

I like the new map DESIGN but the art style leaves something to be desired (EVERYTHING is brown).

2 v 2 gulag with random is a MASSIVE L, so hopefully they get rid of that .

Got a PS5 for my 9 year old son for Xmas. Got the God of War Ragnorok bundle. Need to get another game or two. Thoughts on what to add? He likes the first person shooters. He's a good kid so he can handle the Teen rated games. Not GTA though. That's too much. Is there a definitive list of PS5 games? Or some PS4 must-haves?

Got a PS5 for my 9 year old son for Xmas. Got the God of War Ragnorok bundle. Need to get another game or two. Thoughts on what to add? He likes the first person shooters. He's a good kid so he can handle the Teen rated games. Not GTA though. That's too much. Is there a definitive list of PS5 games? Or some PS4 must-haves?

Both spidermans are great. I'd also recommend guardians of the galaxy and Ratchet and clank a rift apart is top notch too. Those should be good for a nine year old. Lots of others too but might be a bit too mature.

So I picked up Subnautica Below Zero based on a recommendation and….I don’t get it. No map, no idea what to do next, constantly running out of air, water or food; or batteries dying in tools. This thing got great reviews, but I’m not sure I can go on. Am I missing something?

Anyone playing Warzone 2.0?

I like the new map DESIGN but the art style leaves something to be desired (EVERYTHING is brown).

2 v 2 gulag with random is a MASSIVE L, so hopefully they get rid of that .
I have been....son bought the MW II and it sorta hooked me in. Though, I've spent more time in the DMZ mode than anything. Spent a good amount of time in the "Invasion" mode ranking up guns. I think I agree with the observations. They could have some more "lush" areas on the map and I don't think I like the 2/2 in gulag, though I have had some luck teaming up with other gulagers to fight the gatekeeper guy and we all go free.

I've never played a game mode like DMZ before where you go for a mission and try to collect a bunch of stuff then exfill. It's fun for me and my son to get on and play as there are objectives outside of "last man standing". Like it so far.

Get TMNT Shredders revenge and a second controller for you to play with him.

Absolutely the most fun game to play with kids released in the last ~10 years, the downside is that it is short. They price that in though, it was only 20 dollars when it released.

Most FPS tend to be quite graphic, but I would recommend Destiny 2. I played both Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 when they were released and they would be a great entry level game into the FPS genre. Destiny 2 remains popular today and I believe they just released a new expansion. There is a small amount of swearing, less than a PG-13 movie. No sexual content, the violence does not have much gore and much of it is against obvious alien species or robots.

The downside is that you are forced to team up with other players and work as a team, so you have to set groundrules and be able to trust that he will not talk to strangers on the internet. My kids and all of my nieces/nephews know this rule well.

For example:
I am not sure you ever played World of Warcraft, but they tried to take that concept and turn it into an FPS. Destiny is an open world game with "Instances" that you need to play with 3 other people to beat the final boss of that specific dungeon. I think that Destiny tries to put those people in a voice chat together. The game is 6 years old and I only played it for a couple months, but it would be something that I would want to check before letting my kids play.

Good link:

Last edited:
So I picked up Subnautica Below Zero based on a recommendation and….I don’t get it. No map, no idea what to do next, constantly running out of air, water or food; or batteries dying in tools. This thing got great reviews, but I’m not sure I can go on. Am I missing something?

No, that is the fun to a survival sim. Don't google anything, try to figure it out yourself.

Give yourself the goal of making it a little bit longer each time.

I could see why someone does not like the genre and you have to be in the mood to play a game where you die alot and could lose potentially hours worth of work to start from scratch. My brother and his wife recently played it and they have been recommending it to me for a while since I do like the genre. But..... Right now I do not feel like playing that sort of game.

For old schoolers that like Final Fantasy Tactics, or for those who like Tactics RPGs in general (XCOM/Invisible Inc.), Tactics Ogre: Reborn is a nice port/update of the 25+ year old classic. My only real complaint so far is the voice actors sound like they were just hired from a Shakespeare troupe. But considering the original was all text and 8-bit sound, I guess I shouldn't complain too much on that front.

I opened this thread to post that this is the game I am playing. I like this genre of games having played Xcom, all the Disgeaes, a few Fire Emblems, FFT, and a few other I am forgetting.

I made sure to not read any spoilers of the game and I did not read any guides or reviews until it became obvious that I was approaching the end of the game. It seemed like I took the worst route possible and I missed quite a few unique characters which I did not realize were recruitable at the time.

I also have issues with bosses, they did not need to make it so every boss can blast 3-4 guys for a ton of damage or straight up kill a single guy at full health.

I have issues with how the plot is handled. For example how can that many people be on board with murdering an entire village of their own citizens to start a war. Then everyone(and the game itself) makes it seem like you are the bad guy for opposing genocide of your own people.

Then, to add insult to injury, that is the "Law" route that gives you the best unique units.

Restarted Elden Ring. Playing my first ever rogue/ranger type. Need to 100% this thing.
My one and only complaint with Elden Ring is that the game is so huge and the map is so ridiculously big that it's very difficult, bordering on impossible, to start a new playthrough from scratch. I'm sure I will at some point, but even after being away for several months, I just can't even begin to think about working my way through all of it again. A brand new run through Dark Souls or Bloodborne is a serious undertaking, and those games are like 20% the size of Elden Ring.

Granted, this is kind of a petty complaint since I put 180 or so hours into my first character. And it's not like they're stingy with re-specs, so you can experiment with all sorts of builds as you go along. Still, I've beaten Dark Souls at least 10 times, and I'm not sure that I'll beat Elden Ring more than once.

Restarted Elden Ring. Playing my first ever rogue/ranger type. Need to 100% this thing.
My one and only complaint with Elden Ring is that the game is so huge and the map is so ridiculously big that it's very difficult, bordering on impossible, to start a new playthrough from scratch. I'm sure I will at some point, but even after being away for several months, I just can't even begin to think about working my way through all of it again. A brand new run through Dark Souls or Bloodborne is a serious undertaking, and those games are like 20% the size of Elden Ring.

Granted, this is kind of a petty complaint since I put 180 or so hours into my first character. And it's not like they're stingy with re-specs, so you can experiment with all sorts of builds as you go along. Still, I've beaten Dark Souls at least 10 times, and I'm not sure that I'll beat Elden Ring more than once.

I feel ya. I just checked and I last played 267 days ago. For the reasons you mentioned is why I had to start over. I had no idea where I was or what I had done.

Now that Im back into the flow maybe I should try the old save and just follow a walkthrough.

I’ve already experienced most of this game blind. Im ok following a checklist going forward.

I feel ya. I just checked and I last played 267 days ago. For the reasons you mentioned is why I had to start over. I had no idea where I was or what I had done.

Now that Im back into the flow maybe I should try the old save and just follow a walkthrough.

I’ve already experienced most of this game blind. Im ok following a checklist going forward.
Yeah, you're going to need a guide to find any NPCs you want to find, if nothing else. I know most of them tell you where to look for them next, but they always just casually drop that information in one line of non-archived dialogue and then they don't show up again until 30 in-game hours later. Like anybody could possibly remember any of that stuff. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're going to need a guide to find any NPCs you want to find, if nothing else. I know most of them tell you where to look for them next, but they always just casually drop that information in one line of non-archived dialogue and then they don't show up again until 30 in-game hours later. Like anybody could possibly remember any of that stuff. :rolleyes:
And I think to 100% it, you need multiple NG+ to get it all since certain NPC lines stop after certain choices are made. I would definitely look at a 100% guide.
Quick check, yep need multiple playthroughs to do it. And here's a guide on 100% the game.

I opened this thread to post that this is the game I am playing. I like this genre of games having played Xcom, all the Disgeaes, a few Fire Emblems, FFT, and a few other I am forgetting.

I made sure to not read any spoilers of the game and I did not read any guides or reviews until it became obvious that I was approaching the end of the game. It seemed like I took the worst route possible and I missed quite a few unique characters which I did not realize were recruitable at the time.

I also have issues with bosses, they did not need to make it so every boss can blast 3-4 guys for a ton of damage or straight up kill a single guy at full health.

-snip-

I haven't made it that far yet, just finishing up Chapter 3 still (I tend to over train my squad). I actually think Chaos route gives the best unique characters but that's just my opinion. The 4 sisters and Deneb wrecked in the original but I don't know if this version still has the same side quests for recruiting/powering up or not.

The original does suffer from some plot holes like many games back then did, making for some of the more interesting decisions on character paths (I'm looking at you Vice). I do find the story more intriguing/dark than FF Tactics which fell into a lot of the general JRPG tropes at the end.

The boss damage is definitely ramped up for the original. Also the AI actually focus firing on a single targets has made it a bit more challenging. I haven't lost anyone, but I have had to focus more on healing/reviving then I ever did in the original. Has made me rethink my squad usage some.

-snip-

Should also mention that all these easter egg type side quests in the final chapter were one of the best things about the original game. Luckily we don't have to start all over if something is missed now.

Finally finished Witcher 3 w/all downloads, and am getting ready to start up Cyperpunk 2077 with all the patches and updates already installed. I purposely haven't looked anything up for this one, so if I'll take any tips or advice for noobs just starting the game.

I want to like returnal

I hate the fact that it's basically permadeath and you start over after dying every time.

Modern Warfare is pretty good both PS4 first which maybe he's played and newest one that just released are good gets. Spiderman is good. Maybe Assassins Creed? Sniper Elite and Sniper are good first person shooters. They are graphic in terms of showing bulllet wounds and limbs blowing off but can turn off the kill cam they come on if you want.

Most FPS tend to be quite graphic, but I would recommend Destiny 2. I played both Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 when they were released and they would be a great entry level game into the FPS genre. Destiny 2 remains popular today and I believe they just released a new expansion. There is a small amount of swearing, less than a PG-13 movie. No sexual content, the violence does not have much gore and much of it is against obvious alien species or robots.

I stopped that game after they threw almost all the unlockables behind a paywall. I was always a PS guy and saw HALO as a cool alien game but Destiny seemed to have have much higher appeal and big expectations like the alien space game that took over Halo as the #1. Story was great but you really have to grind to rank up and had zero time to do that nor the money to throw into it to level up faster.

I started the Mafia Trilogy.

Playing Mafia Definitive Edition and really enjoying the story. Excellent voice acting. Cool linear mobster game. Will blow through this Trilogy then I am onto Sniper Elite 5.

Season 4 of NCAA2013.

Won the national title last year but this year won’t be as easy. Lost two good RBs and the new guy can’t stay healthy. OL is suspect too. I’m forced to pass a lot which leads to more T/Os. So far I’ve been able to win the shootouts but lady luck is a fickle *****.

Elden Ring

What a amazing game this is. I’m rocking the twin blades and for the first time I’ve been able to play w/o a shield. I’m at Stormviel Castle and things are going smoothly.

Agreed. I beat elden ring and then new game plussed it again in a speed run. Never thought about picking it up again. Doesn't take away that's it's a top notch game

Please help this old dude with new technology. Nintendo switch. I got one for my kid for Xmas (the middle version, not the lite or the OLed). It comes with a game - Mario Kart, and I purchased a few other games - Lego marvel super heros and a Pokémon game. His best buddy is also getting a switch for Xmas and his parents purchased him all different games.

Can the kids play multiplayer games? Do they both need to have a copy of Mario kart for instance to play against each other on their own switches? Can they play vs online, or would they each need some online profile? Thanks for any guidance you can provide me.

Man everyone in here having a good time lol.

Meanwhile a couple weeks ago I had to give up on Alan Wake Remastered, never played the original. First time in years I've had to just cold quit a game midway thru. The checkpoints in that game were infuriating. So close together, so if you ran low on ammo, you were SOL and stuck with minimal ammo on your next swarm of enemies....pretty much just had to start the chapter over.

I sucked it up once to get past a part I got stuck, but then once I cleared it the second time, same thing happened again on literally the very next part afterwards. Could tell it was going to be a recurring thing.

So said F it, back to Gamestop ya go.

Please help this old dude with new technology. Nintendo switch. I got one for my kid for Xmas (the middle version, not the lite or the OLed). It comes with a game - Mario Kart, and I purchased a few other games - Lego marvel super heros and a Pokémon game. His best buddy is also getting a switch for Xmas and his parents purchased him all different games.

Can the kids play multiplayer games? Do they both need to have a copy of Mario kart for instance to play against each other on their own switches? Can they play vs online, or would they each need some online profile? Thanks for any guidance you can provide me.
Each system needs the app/game. I THINK there is a way to set up games on your local wifi without having to go "online" through their servers, but don't quote me on that. Haven't been on ours in a while.

Agreed. I beat elden ring and then new game plussed it again in a speed run. Never thought about picking it up again. Doesn't take away that's it's a top notch game

I've been tooling around in NG+ from time to time. Have plenty of cool upgraded weapons and tons of respect thingees, so I've been trying different builds out. My Blasphemous Blade Faith Knight hit a wall at the NG+ Fire Giant, and I was getting bored with him anyway so I went back to the rock-slinging Sorc that I beat the game with and wiped the floor with him. For me Sorcerer with Moonveil is my best/favorite PVE build.

But I really have little desire to beat it again - instead, I've been taking my level 200 sorc back to places like Stormveil castle and just destroying them. Hey knight in the dark room... Remember me? Payback. Also looking for new secrets. And waiting for some PVE DLC that I'm hopefully not over-leveled for.

Man everyone in here having a good time lol.

Meanwhile a couple weeks ago I had to give up on Alan Wake Remastered, never played the original. First time in years I've had to just cold quit a game midway thru. The checkpoints in that game were infuriating. So close together, so if you ran low on ammo, you were SOL and stuck with minimal ammo on your next swarm of enemies....pretty much just had to start the chapter over.

I sucked it up once to get past a part I got stuck, but then once I cleared it the second time, same thing happened again on literally the very next part afterwards. Could tell it was going to be a recurring thing.

So said F it, back to Gamestop ya go.
Interesting, because I ended up really enjoying this game. Not enough that I have any interest in replaying it, but the story was fun, the gameplay was tight, and the game didn't overstay its welcome. You're 100% right about how the game lets you run of ammo if you're not careful. I just took that as a standard "survival horror" thing. I'm one of those guys who finishes every RPG with 99 of every healing item and consumable, so I never had any issues with ammo, but I can absolutely see where someone might.

To go a little further, playing Alan Wake encouraged me to go back and replay Control. I beat this when it came out on PS4, but frankly this game ran like absolute *** on consoles, what with all the particle effects and everything, and that weakened the overall experience a bit. I am loving my return to this game on PC. I probably won't finish because the it has a few frustrating moments, especially the last big set-piece which is just ridiculously difficult/tedious, but it's a cool game with a really fun vibe and great combat.

But I really have little desire to beat it again - instead, I've been taking my level 200 sorc back to places like Stormveil castle and just destroying them. Hey knight in the dark room... Remember me? Payback. Also looking for new secrets. And waiting for some PVE DLC that I'm hopefully not over-leveled for.
:lmao: That guy deserves every last bit of payback that's coming his way.

:lmao: That guy deserves every last bit of payback that's coming his way.

After 2 playthroughs I don't think I ever beat him. Just run in, grab the goods, and GTFO.

Besides enemies who apply constant pressure or have obnoxiously long delays between tells and their attack my biggest obstacle of the souls games is I can never get used to it being OK to die. I know I can just run around and do suicide runs and I do occasionally but most of the time I never want to die so I often play very timid. Super weird because almost everything else in life I go with reckless abandon.

Finally started playing GoW and man I suck - the beginning boss battles are killing me :lol:

Just also downloaded Witcher 3 for PS5 free upgrade. I only got about 1/3 of the way through 1st time and bailed - the load times bugged me

Last edited:
Finally started playing GoW and man I suck - the beginning boss battles are killing me :lol:

Just also downloaded Witcher 3 for PS5 free upgrade. I only got about 1/3 of the way through 1 and bailed - the load times bugged me
Oooo. I had heard they were working on the PS5 upgrade for Witcher, but didn't know it was already done. I started that for like a week sometime last year but I got distracted with something else. Always meant to come back to it. Now I have a reason.

Looking forward to playing the Witcher next gen upgrade. I'll probably go back and play Mass Effect Legendary edition while I'm feeling nostalgic.

I've been trying to get into Pentiment and Deathloop, two 10/10 IGN rated games. Pentiment is driving me a little crazy. I know it's a graphic novel, but you can't get all the dialog text to load all at once when characters are talking. Instead, you have to wait while the words are kind of typed/written out on screen, and it's too slow. If they'd put the text out there at once that I could read at my own pace, I'd find it more engaging. As it is, I'll probably bounce off of it.

I'm not getting the charm of Deathloop. Dishonored is one of my favorite franchises, but I'm just not having fun with this one for some reason. Everything about it seems pretty "meh."

So, on one side of the coin, Alan Wake sucked (for me).

On the other side, I did trade it in and was able to pick up TLOU Part 2. Was checking my trophies and I played the first one in Spring 2019. So def have had enough time in between.

Started that and my goodness, it's been so long since I played a top tier, max production budget AAA title. Game is amazing so far. Story is incredibly gripping, but then you get the flawless gameplay to back it up. Loving it.

I'm not getting the charm of Deathloop. Dishonored is one of my favorite franchises, but I'm just not having fun with this one for some reason. Everything about it seems pretty "meh."
Same. I quit that one after a few hours despite loving Dishonored.

Thirded - I was all fired up for it because of the Dishonored comparison, and it was just... meh. I bailed pretty quick.

As a Dishonored megafan who has multiple 100% completions on both games and DLCs, just waiting for a slight price drop on Deathloop.....these comments are disappointing to see.

Users who are viewing this thread