What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

Absolutely loving Dragon Age 3. Huge huge game with epic storytelling…far more like DA Origins.

Gonna pour a few hundred hours into this one. And I also hear DA4 is coming very soon!

Absolutely loving Dragon Age 3. Huge huge game with epic storytelling…far more like DA Origins.

Gonna pour a few hundred hours into this one. And I also hear DA4 is coming very soon!
No, it’s not, unfortunately.
Oh no….delayed?
I don't think there's ever been a release date attached, I'm not sure where you heard it is coming very soon. They've been working on it so long it's starting to sound like vaporware.

Oh no….delayed?
I don't think there's ever been a release date attached, I'm not sure where you heard it is coming very soon. They've been working on it so long it's starting to sound like vaporware.
Gamesbeat who have close sources inside Bioware say it is on track for a 2023 release.

That was on 2/7/23

Oh no….delayed?
Gamesbeat who have close sources inside Bioware say it is on track for a 2023 release.

That was on 2/7/23
Most websites say *maybe* late 2023 but more likely 2024. And given the development cycle on this, it will probably take at least that long.

Oh no….delayed?

That was on 2/7/23
Most websites say *maybe* late 2023 but more likely 2024. And given the development cycle on this, it will probably take at least that long.
Is what it is…..looking forward to it when it drops eventually.

Sizzler thread made me think of this....

What are you best/favorite character names? Some of mine are:

Sizzler & We Goin Sizzler
Mobbin (Mage)
Venger (PVP Mage)
Gelatinous Cube (PVP)
Felonious Capers (PVP Thief/Assassin)
Morning Star
Polo (Usually a merchant/druid/heal bot)
Gingercide (Poisoner)
Irish Car Bomb (PVP Kamikaze/Berserker playstyle)
Tusken Raider (Scavenger/Thief/Treasure hunter))
Devil (PVP)
Laser (Ranger)
Stroker Ace
Dallas (Thief/Rogue/Assassin)
Gridiron (Barb)

Super :nerd:

Last edited:
There is a demo for the upcoming RE4 remake that just dropped yesterday. It's the "village ambush" scene from the original, including the chainsaw guy.

Obviously it plays very differently than the original. I've beaten RE4 at least 30 times and probably more than that. I still play it from time to time. If you've played it recently, you'll know how ancient the controls are. The remake is vastly more modern with all the ordinary features, like being able to walk and shoot at the same time, being able to strafe, being able to walk backwards, etc. A new feature is that you can now parry attacks with the knife, and you can also do finishing moves on enemies that you have knocked down, but those both use up knife durability (which wasn't an issue in the original). This is all balanced by enemies being a little faster and being really quick to lunge after you.

Lots of stuff returns. If you shoot an enemy in the face, they still get staggered and you can still run up and roundhouse kick them. You can still knock over ladders. You can still stand at the top of a ladder and knife enemies in the face as they stupidly climb up to get you. Crows in this world still drop pesetas when you shoot them, and there are still random eggs laying around that you can pick up.

Apparently there are already copies of the full game out there in the wild, and I'm looking really forward to learning what sequences from the original are going to be in the remake and which ones didn't make the cut. RE4 was a pretty long game, and I'd be surprised if the remake included everything. All I know from trailers at this point is that the "two El Gigantes" scene made it, and so did the "water room" scene. I think it's impossible for me to spoil this game for myself when it comes to that sort of thing.

The Last Spell is out of early access and was released yesterday. Challenging RPG/tower defense game with in game achievements that bolster your squad yet each run is different due to character traits, weapon abilities, and perks. I played it a lot early last year and really enjoyed it. Put a few hours in last night and it got a lot better. Not sure if anyone else is into that sort of thing but if you were on the fence, it's well worth the price of admission ($25).

I'm only in chapter 2, but the RE4make is sensational so far. Like, a straight-up improvement over the original on all sorts of dimensions. It doesn't have the same quirkiness, but the gameplay is sublime.

Was tempted to grab the $500 PS5 bundle with God of War, but that still seems too expensive for someone who just wants to play a couple of exclusives. Wonder when (if?) we’ll start to see meaningful price drops.

From the start of the quest "Your heart shall burn" everyone singing "The Dawn Will Come"
though the point the Inquestor opens the door into Skyhold is my favorite part of any game I have played.

Last edited:
Finished up Hogwarts Legacy a few weeks ago. Outstanding.

Finished GTA V tonight. Masterpiece.

Going to focus in on God of War Ragnarok

Still working my way through RE4. I'm on Chapter 10 of 16 and should wrap it up this weekend. Be advised that "standard" difficulty is no joke. I've died a handful of times and I'm definitely lower than ammo than I would like, and that's after me having the OG burned into my memory and being willing to replay sections of the remake several times over until I get them right. When you start a new game, Capcom recommends "hardcore" mode for people who played the original, and that would definitely be too much for most people.

I haven't experimented with this yet, but I think this remake follows the same protocol as the RE2 and RE3 remakes, where you can unlock stuff at one difficulty level and carry it over with you to a higher difficulty level. I'm not sure to what degree you can carry things over that way, but I definitely get the impression that higher difficulty levels were designed under the assumption that players would be brining extra firepower from the start.

Anyway, after I finish this run, I think I'm going to start over from scratch just to see how easily I can get through a fresh run now that I know how various areas have been remixed and what to expect. I know now that there was no reason for me to horde grenades early in the game, while I should have conserved every round of rifle ammo. I have a better sense for how to use the bolt thrower, and I have a much better sense of when I can leave certain weapons in storage and when I need to bring them along. I also slightly mismanaged some weapon upgrades because I didn't want to look certain stuff up and would rather learn on my own. I could have handled this run much better, but hey it was only my first run.

I am playing Valheim with my 6 year old son, my brother and his wife.

We are on the Plains biome now, although we are almost ready for the mistlands. The game is in early access so there is no point in going to fast. The next area will hopefully be released by the time we are ready for it, although the last biome we will probably need to wait on.

It is a viking survival game with crafting/building. The reddit for valheim shows off some pretty amazing structures that people build, but i am still just a beginner.

We are on the Plains biome now, although we are almost ready for the mistlands. The game is in early access so there is no point in going to fast. The next area will hopefully be released by the time we are ready for it, although the last biome we will probably need to wait on.

It is a viking survival game with crafting/building. The reddit for valheim shows off some pretty amazing structures that people build, but i am still just a beginner.

This has been sitting in my Library since probably a black Friday sale or something. It's really funny how easy it is to accumulate a ridiculous backlog of games on PC without even trying very hard. So much stuff is available and it's so inexpensive. I think I spent like 4 months on Doom, Alan Wake, and Control, three games that cost me $10 combined.

If anyone plays CSGO and you want to join (casual only, I'm not very good) let me know. I usually play Thursday, Friday late and sometimes Saturday (although we do family movie nights some Saturday evenings) but I usually have a cold snack or two to relax. . . maybe that's why I'm not very good? I'm in the eastern time zone.

This has been sitting in my Library since probably a black Friday sale or something. It's really funny how easy it is to accumulate a ridiculous backlog of games on PC without even trying very hard. So much stuff is available and it's so inexpensive. I think I spent like 4 months on Doom, Alan Wake, and Control, three games that cost me $10 combined.

It’s a very fun game but very grindy. To offset that it’s incredibly helpful to have more people to do the chores. I played with a buddy of mine and we got to a few bosses. Eventually it just requires too much work for just two people. It can be a lot of fun.

Hmmmm…. I’d so be down for a FBG server to work cooperatively.

Any interest?

A simple tip - when chopping trees, start with the ones on the top of a hill. when they fall and roll down the hill they cause damage to the other trees and save you a a lot of chopping.

Getting killed by a tree that you just felled is also hilarious.

Yeah, the RE 4 Remake is amazing. I never played the original because of the terrible tank-like controls, so its all new to me. It's like RE Village but 10 times better.

It’s a very fun game but very grindy. To offset that it’s incredibly helpful to have more people to do the chores. I played with a buddy of mine and we got to a few bosses. Eventually it just requires too much work for just two people. It can be a lot of fun.

Any interest?

A simple tip - when chopping trees, start with the ones on the top of a hill. when they fall and roll down the hill they cause damage to the other trees and save you a a lot of chopping.

There is a fair bit of grinding. Especially if you want to build a decent sized base. Just gathering the materials for my plains base easily took 5-10 hours. However, you get good flexibility in what you can build. Our entire group has previously played Minecraft together and we are all pretty good builders. It is fun building bases in a new system.

Our base looks no where near as good as below, I am not creative enough. However it is fun to try.

Finished Hogwarts Legacy last night. It’s a fun open-world game with great combat, but it’s very much driven by the main story. There really isn’t a compelling reason to play it once you’ve completed the main storyline and a small subset of the side missions. There is no NG+, which makes sense given the narrative structure. The stuff you need to do to get to 100% is grindy as all get out, even when compared to similar games. Most of the replayability will come from playing through the game from the beginning and choosing a different house. The main story is about 25 hours, I’ve done a huge chunk of side missions and a ton of exploring and I’m at 40 hours and ready to move on

Any interest?

There is a fair bit of grinding. Especially if you want to build a decent sized base. Just gathering the materials for my plains base easily took 5-10 hours. However, you get good flexibility in what you can build. Our entire group has previously played Minecraft together and we are all pretty good builders. It is fun building bases in a new system.

Our base looks no where near as good as below, I am not creative enough. However it is fun to try.

Yeah when my buddy and I played - I was able to play much more but didn’t want to advance the game any further without him so I would just build and build while he was away.

It’s a lot of fun. Our first adventure on a raft was a total disaster in a fun way.

That’s right, it’s building a new base over and over that got monotonous.

Finished Hogwarts Legacy last night. It’s a fun open-world game with great combat, but it’s very much driven by the main story. There really isn’t a compelling reason to play it once you’ve completed the main storyline and a small subset of the side missions. There is no NG+, which makes sense given the narrative structure. The stuff you need to do to get to 100% is grindy as all get out, even when compared to similar games. Most of the replayability will come from playing through the game from the beginning and choosing a different house. The main story is about 25 hours, I’ve done a huge chunk of side missions and a ton of exploring and I’m at 40 hours and ready to move on
I finished it a few weeks back. Felt the same.

I did a lot of the side stuff, and then felt like there was just so much to go.

Then all of a sudden, I've completed the main story and felt like what's the point?

Any interest?

Yeah when my buddy and I played - I was able to play much more but didn’t want to advance the game any further without him so I would just build and build while he was away.

It’s a lot of fun. Our first adventure on a raft was a total disaster in a fun way.

The base building to me is the fun part. Each base I have built has been progressively better looking than the previous base.

The appeal is that this is sort of an "adult" version of minecraft.

If you do not have a group that you are playing with that appreciates the showing off of buildings then you miss out on half the game.

Any interest?

The base building to me is the fun part. Each base I have built has been progressively better looking than the previous base.

The appeal is that this is sort of an "adult" version of minecraft.

If you do not have a group that you are playing with that appreciates the showing off of buildings then you miss out on half the game.

All true except I don’t need them to appreciate my design, I need them for the hard labor!!!!

A new feature is that you can now parry attacks with the knife, and you can also do finishing moves on enemies that you have knocked down, but those both use up knife durability (which wasn't an issue in the original). This is all balanced by enemies being a little faster and being really quick to lunge after you.
Coming back to this having beaten the RE4 remake. The changes they made to the way the knife works is absolutely brilliant game design that 100% works. The 2005 release was one of the greatest games of all time, and the remake is pretty much a straight-up improvement over the original on all sorts of dimensions. The graphics are great and the fluid, modern controls are a welcome change to the old tank controls. But it's the knife that really changed this game.

The reason for this is because the addition of "knife durability" essentially eliminates the time-honored strategy for how to beat RE4: climb a ladder, stand at the top of the ladder, swing your knife around while enemies try to climb the ladder to get to you, repeat until they're all dead. You can kill literally dozens of enemies at absolutely no risk to yourself whatsoever with no resource cost or ammo cost by abusing the environment and abusing the knife. It's the efficient, theoretically optimal way to play the game, but it's boring as hell. If you try doing that now, your knife will break after killing 4-5 enemies and now you're knife-less until you get to the next merchant, and then you have a 5000 pesata bill to repair your broken knife. That strategy is now vastly sub-optimal to just playing the game the way it was meant to be played: by mixing it up with enemies.

It's exactly like the transition from Dark Souls to Bloodborne. In Dark Souls, the optimal strategy was to hide behind a shield, tank a few blows, and then counter when the enemy was done bouncing off your shield. That strategy works, it is the best strategy for 99% of players, and it is boring. Bloodborne is a better game because it takes your shield away and forces you to get in there and play skillfully, with controlled aggression. The RE4 remake is like that. Cheese strategies are definitely still there and still fun to pull off, but the game rewards skillful play much more strongly than before. Great move on the developers' part.

Upgrading the entertainment system and that will include a new console. I was leaning towards the PS5 for the exclusives like God of War and Last of Us that I never got to play but look like my kind of game. However, I read that Starfield will be an XBOX exclusive. Skyrim/Oblivion and the Fallouts are BY FAR my favorite games. Other than that, I just play Fifa and the rare game that catches my attention like Far Cry 4 and 6, Witcher 3, and Outer Worlds. I think Starfield alone is enough for me to change my mind but looking for other feedback. No kids or anything. Just me playing a couple hours a week. If there’s even a 50/50 chance that Starfield will end up on PS5 the decision is easy.

Upgrading the entertainment system and that will include a new console. I was leaning towards the PS5 for the exclusives like God of War and Last of Us that I never got to play but look like my kind of game. However, I read that Starfield will be an XBOX exclusive. Skyrim/Oblivion and the Fallouts are BY FAR my favorite games. Other than that, I just play Fifa and the rare game that catches my attention like Far Cry 4 and 6, Witcher 3, and Outer Worlds. I think Starfield alone is enough for me to change my mind but looking for other feedback. No kids or anything. Just me playing a couple hours a week. If there’s even a 50/50 chance that Starfield will end up on PS5 the decision is easy.
I think they’ve said Starfield is only going to be Xbox/PC exclusive, so I wouldn’t count on that making its way to PS5. Same probably for any future Bethesda games that they weren’t already contractually obligated to release on PS.

I think they’ve said Starfield is only going to be Xbox/PC exclusive, so I wouldn’t count on that making its way to PS5. Same probably for any future Bethesda games that they weren’t already contractually obligated to release on PS.

Yeah, that’s what it looks like. Looks like that might be the case for Outer Worlds 2, as well, so that’s probably enough for me at this point. I don’t want to get both but I’m a little bummed to miss out on the Sony exclusives I mentioned. But I know what I’m likely to enjoy more.

An old game (2015), but I started Mad Max last night. Never seen any of the films, but I know the general concept.

Really digging it. Between this and the Batman series, I'm realizing WB makes some pretty decent games. I'm sure they've had some stinkers too.

Yeah, that’s what it looks like. Looks like that might be the case for Outer Worlds 2, as well, so that’s probably enough for me at this point. I don’t want to get both but I’m a little bummed to miss out on the Sony exclusives I mentioned. But I know what I’m likely to enjoy more.
I’m in the same boat. Usually 3 years into a console gen I manage to grab a PS on sale to play those exclusives, but prices haven’t come down at all this gen.

You can find a used series s for ~200 dollars and that will continue to drop. I would recommend getting the PS5 now and then later the series s.

I have both and that is how i am planning on playing the bethesda games going forward.

Should add a caveat, I would have both anyways.

You can find a used series s for ~200 dollars and that will continue to drop. I would recommend getting the PS5 now and then later the series s.

I have both and that is how i am planning on playing the bethesda games going forward.

I’d choose a Xbox/game pass over a ps5 all day long. I pay like $15 a month and other than Elden Ring, I haven’t bought a game in years.

Especially since these dopes are now charging $80 a game.

Not a bad plan, but if you want to get the best possible experience in a resource intensive game like starfield, you’re probably going to want the series X.

Not a bad plan, but if you want to get the best possible experience in a resource intensive game like starfield, you’re probably going to want the series X.

I can't have the best experience in every game.

I have 2 gaming computers, a PS5, series s, switch, a modded Wii, and 4 controllers for all systems, except for switch which I have 4 pros, plus 2 joycons, and 5 controllers for the PS5.

I have 1000 in controllers alone since they now cost 60-70 dollars each.

I have to keep my budget in check somehow. The series s is one way and the other is that both my gaming computers are budget computers using Nvidia 3050.

I have 2 gaming computers, a PS5, series s, switch, a modded Wii, and 4 controllers for all systems, except for switch which I have 4 pros, plus 2 joycons, and 5 controllers for the PS5.

I have to keep my budget in check somehow. The series s is one way and the other is that both my gaming computers are budget computers using Nvidia 3050.
I confusingly said “you,” but I was really referring to the poster who originally asked the question.

I confusingly said “you,” but I was really referring to the poster who originally asked the question.

Yeah, if I’m going to get both, I’ll end up getting the best version. The money isn’t the issue - I’m a FBG, after all. It’s just kind of a making space/don’t play enough thing.

I’d choose a Xbox/game pass over a ps5 all day long. I pay like $15 a month and other than Elden Ring, I haven’t bought a game in years.
Especially since these dopes are now charging $80 a game.

Microsoft is trying to buy marketshare for the xbox to gain ground against PS5. The PS5 crushes the xbox in sales and the gamepass is their strategy for getting people to switch. It is by far the best deal in video games.

The problem is i game with my kids and we go long stretches on nintendo/computer. But most gamers should switch to xbox if they care about saving money.

Yeah, if I’m going to get both, I’ll end up getting the best version. The money isn’t the issue - I’m a FBG, after all. It’s just kind of a making space/don’t play enough thing.

I will make one last pitch for the PS5 if you say money is not an issue.

Get the PS5 for the ps5 exclusives and buy a gaming laptop for the xbox exclusives. Microsoft is on record of stating all xbox exclusives will be released on windows. Which makes sense. Right now a gaming laptop that meats the recommended specifications of starfield is 600 dollars at microcenter.

If you only want one console and want to play all of the games, this is another way. X-box controllers work seamlessly with new windows computers, so no issue on the controls of any games being different.

Edit, The PS5 is the little guys, we do not want Microsoft to dominate another industry. We would risk innovation. Microsoft has 100 billion in cash reserves and Sony has a value of 110 billion. Microsoft could almost buy sony without any financing. If you want to compare their sizes.

Last edited:
I put son's PS5 in his room and have been missing playing it. If I buy another ps5 can I have same account on both? Can I transfer save files? Do I need 2 PS+ accounts?

I will make one last pitch for the PS5 if you say money is not an issue.

Get the PS5 for the ps5 exclusives and buy a gaming laptop for the xbox exclusives. Microsoft is on record of stating all xbox exclusives will be released on windows. Which makes sense. Right now a gaming laptop that meats the recommended specifications of starfield is 600 dollars at microcenter.

If you only want one console and want to play all of the games, this is another way. X-box controllers work seamlessly with new windows computers, so no issue on the controls of any games being different.

Edit, The PS5 is the little guys, we do not want Microsoft to dominate another industry. We would risk innovation. Microsoft has 100 billion in cash reserves and Sony has a value of 110 billion. Microsoft could almost buy sony without any financing. If you want to compare their sizes.

Thanks for all the advice. This is all way more than I’m willing to do. I’m definitely not getting a PC for gaming, that’s just not for me. I might play 2-3 hours a week at most, and often there’s a couple weeks between sessions. I’m the definition of casual player. Just making up a number, but if I played 10000 hours in my adult life, 9500 of them were with Skyrim and the Fallouts so Starfield is pretty critical.

Users who are viewing this thread