What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vikings-Eagles Game Moved To Prime Time On Dec. 26 (1 Viewer)

dennis.moore

Footballguy
http://blog.vikings.com/2010/12/13/vikings...time-on-dec-26/

The Vikings-Philadelphia Eagles game originally scheduled for Sunday, December 26 at 12:00 p.m. CT has been moved to prime time, with a kickoff of 7:20 p.m. CT. The game will be televised by NBC as the network’s Sunday Night Football broadcast.

This will be the Vikings 3rd consecutive prime time game, with the team playing the NY Giants tonight on FOX and then the Chicago Bears next Monday night on ESPN. Aside from the Vikings long list of star players, the Vikings-Eagles game is an attractive option for prime time because the Eagles are leaders of the NFC East and feature QB Mike Vick, who has rejuvenated his career and is one of the NFL’s most valuable players.

The Week 16 matchup with Philadelphia represents the 6th prime time game of the season for Minnesota and – according to my count – the 10th prime time game for the Vikings over the past 2 regular seasaons.

The San Diego Chargers and Cincinnati Bengals were originally slated to play the Sunday night game in Week 16 but their contest will be moved to 4:05 p.m. ET.

This rule was supposed to be to get more meaningful matches on Sunday night rather than a pure ratings grab. The Chargers' game is likely to be just as meaningful as the Eagles'.

This rule was supposed to be to get more meaningful matches on Sunday night rather than a pure ratings grab. The Chargers' game is likely to be just as meaningful as the Eagles'.
Jets-Bears and Giants-Packers are the only two games where both teams are really in playoff contention, so I wouldn't be surprised if CBS and Fox protected them.Not sure where else to go. All things being equal why not Eagles-Vikings over Chargers-Bengals?

http://blog.vikings.com/2010/12/13/vikings...time-on-dec-26/

The Vikings-Philadelphia Eagles game originally scheduled for Sunday, December 26 at 12:00 p.m. CT has been moved to prime time, with a kickoff of 7:20 p.m. CT. The game will be televised by NBC as the network’s Sunday Night Football broadcast.

This will be the Vikings 3rd consecutive prime time game, with the team playing the NY Giants tonight on FOX and then the Chicago Bears next Monday night on ESPN. Aside from the Vikings long list of star players, the Vikings-Eagles game is an attractive option for prime time because the Eagles are leaders of the NFC East and feature QB Mike Vick, who has rejuvenated his career and is one of the NFL’s most valuable players.

The Week 16 matchup with Philadelphia represents the 6th prime time game of the season for Minnesota and – according to my count – the 10th prime time game for the Vikings over the past 2 regular seasaons.

The San Diego Chargers and Cincinnati Bengals were originally slated to play the Sunday night game in Week 16 but their contest will be moved to 4:05 p.m. ET.
1. Adrian Peterson2. The Idea of Brett Favre, as it exists only in the minds of Brett Favre, John Madden and Peter King at this point

3. Jared Allen, once upon a time?

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

Yup, both of the two games mentioned above were protected. Other than Minnesota @ Philadelphia there were really no good options...Indianapolis @ Oakland.....Seattle @ Tampa Bay...and Tennessee @ Kansas City? Ugh.

Pretty much anything would be better than San Diego @ Cincinnati though so unsurprisingly the league went with the most ratings-friendly flex choice.

O.k. So when you have two quasi-meaningful playoff scenario games, do you still ignore ratings? Because that's not gonna help anybody make money.

Min vs Philly makes the most sense. Favre brings big ratings, Vick and the Eagles bring big ratings. It will be a must win for the Eagles and perhaps Favre's last primetime game ever. Rowdy Eagles crowd, day after xmas. Lots of ratings gold there despite the Vikings record.

This rule was supposed to be to get more meaningful matches on Sunday night rather than a pure ratings grab.
Is this written into the rule? It's news to me. I've always thought it to be self-evident that the flex scheduling rules are 100% driven by television contracts.

This rule was supposed to be to get more meaningful matches on Sunday night rather than a pure ratings grab.
Is this written into the rule? It's news to me. I've always thought it to be self-evident that the flex scheduling rules are 100% driven by television contracts.
Right. Really the only reason that the we end up getting more meaningful match-ups is that they are usually correlated to higher ratings. Getting the better match-up is really just a bonus for the serious football fan.

Ugh, as an Eagles fan I am tired of all these primetime games. At least I won't have work the next day.
I actually like it, as it has freed up my weekends a lot more, but it can get tough. Last night I started nodding off in the second half and had to set the DVR in case I totally passed out. Of course it didn't help that I had been drinking all day.

Ugh, as an Eagles fan I am tired of all these primetime games. At least I won't have work the next day.
Move to Detroit. All your problems will be taken care of.
Seriously. Tonight is the first primetime game in Detroit since super bowl 40.Eagles 5-0 in primetime games this year. Lets keep it rolling. Flex the giants game this week and the Dallas one in week 17. You know you want to NFL. America's team is Philadelphia. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeppers I am glad there is another primetime Eagles game we are 5-0 this year in those!

plus

Vick and Favre are pretty much identical mobility wise so that will be fun to watch

Users who are viewing this thread