What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vikings vs Cardinals (1 Viewer)

Murray needs to be smarter. Runs straight out of bounds stopping the clock. Now a sack and TO using only 4 seconds. Terrible drive by ARZ

cooks fumble last week. nearly overcame like 300 yards in penalties.

Play a virtually perfect game in terms of penalties this week and went up against one of the best offenses in the league, got tons turnovers and somehow managed to miss a kick at the end.

can’t wait to hear all the cousins haters on Facebook complaining that he’s not the answer. 

cooks fumble last week. nearly overcame like 300 yards in penalties.

Play a virtually perfect game in terms of penalties this week and went up against one of the best offenses in the league, got tons turnovers and somehow managed to miss a kick at the end.

can’t wait to hear all the cousins haters on Facebook complaining that he’s not the answer. 
I'm not a cousins fan but this wasn't on him

They did that to themselves. They had time to get it closer

Why?  You should kick better than 90 percent from inside the 40.  Get 10 yards closer you may bump of your percentage by 5%, but at the risk of a penalty, fumbles, interceprion or sack.  Not worth it.  A pro kicker needs to make that.  Prater is like 22 for 22 on game winning kicks.  

They did that to themselves. They had time to get it closer
Actually.. Based on the missed xp earlier, and the made 52 yarder, they would have been better off not getting those last 10 yards. ;)  

I didn't understand sitting on 25 seconds.. Should have taken a shot at the end zone and not leave it all on the kicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the play that I don't get.  

"G.Joseph kicks 45 yards from MIN 35 to ARI 20. D.Harris to ARI 34 for 14 yards (R.Connelly). Squib kick."

You go up by 23-21 just before the half and they decided to Squib kick it.  Why not make Murray and company go the length of the field?   Arizona played like they had nothing to lose and nailed a 62 yard FG just before the half. 

Why?  You should kick better than 90 percent from inside the 40.  Get 10 yards closer you may bump of your percentage by 5%, but at the risk of a penalty, fumbles, interceprion or sack.  Not worth it.  A pro kicker needs to make that.  Prater is like 22 for 22 on game winning kicks.  
1. We have arguably the best RB in the league. The odds of a fumble are likely less than gacking the kick. 2. Prater doesn't wear purple.(although he could have)

1. We have arguably the best RB in the league. The odds of a fumble are likely less than gacking the kick. 2. Prater doesn't wear purple.(although he could have)

There is a 2% chance of an offensive holding call on a running play and a 1.6% chance of a turnover on any given play.   Inside a 40 yarder is a gimme for a professional kicker.  Only if your kicker sucks is the only time you should be trying to get closer.  

Agreed, I’ve been defending him for the last few years. He is a very good coach but he does not have that type here to take a team on the deep run. Just good enough to not lose his job and beloved enough not to have the players turn on him. 

Agreed, I’ve been defending him for the last few years. He is a very good coach but he does not have that type here to take a team on the deep run. Just good enough to not lose his job and beloved enough not to have the players turn on him. 
He's far from perfect but at some point the players need to execute as well.

The most frustrating thing about the last few years is that this team has never been terrible. We’ve always had good talent on both sides of the bar and largely have been competitive year in and year out.  

So we never go into rebuild mode but we’re never quite good enough to make it all the way. I’m not sure if we have to catch lightning in a bottle with a young coach/quarterback combination or continue to ride with the grizzled veteran and keep bringing in free agent quarterbacks but something has to give at the top or else we’re always going to be fighting for a wild-card spot and losing in the first round of the playoffs.

It's really weird to hear another franchise "complaining" about losing a game in a really bad way. That's been the Cardinals MO forever. Heck, just last year alone there were three games that we just lost in the strangest ways.

I was at the game and wow, what a game. But the Cardinals hitting a 62 yard FG, and the opposition missing an extra point as well as the game winner? Well, that just doesn't happen in Cardinal land. The football gods were on our side yesterday, that's for sure.

They are executing.  They're executing an early 90s philosophy that just doesn't play in today's NFL.  Zimmer is either won't or can't adjust to today's NFL.  He is a dinosaur and needs to go.  He'll make someone a great Defensive coordinator next year.

They are executing.  They're executing an early 90s philosophy that just doesn't play in today's NFL.  Zimmer is either won't or can't adjust to today's NFL.  He is a dinosaur and needs to go.  He'll make someone a great Defensive coordinator next year.
Agreed. I love the guy too. 

I disagree with this narrative that Mike ZImmer is out of touch with the current trends of the NFL. I assume this comment is in reference to the offense and Zimmer wanting to run the ball more a few years back when they had DeFlippo as OC?

I suppose you could say that Gary Kubiak and now Klint Kubiaks offense was effective in the 90s and it was. But it was also very effective last season and despite all the penalties in week one it is proving to be very effective this season as well. The Vikings are currently top 13 in all offensive categories that matter such as points, yards and first downs.

The outside zone running scheme has gained popularity in todays NFL for other teams not just the Vikings, and the play action passing game is also part of todays "modern" offenses. So your comments are just not aligned with the facts.

The main problem with the Vikings last season and so far this season is not the offense. Its the defense, which is supposed to be Mike Zimmers specialty. The main problem there has been the pass coverage not holding up and this is ZImmers fault at least to a degree. He designs the defense and he calls the plays.

From what I have seen the Vikings defense is more stout against the run than it was last season. Largely because of Pierce and Tonlinson not getting blown off the line like the Vikings defensive tackles not worth mentioning were last season. The defensive backs on the other hand have not been good enough. Especially Breeland. This is Zimmers fault. He has developed some good defensive backs such as Anthony Harris who is now with the Eagles, but the defensive backs they have now do not seem to be much of an improvement or not enough of an improvement over last season, and that is ZImmers baby.

So if you want to criticize him and get out the pitchforks because of that I can understand. However if your criticizing him because of the offense I think you are stuck in 2017 and those comments dont have much merit.

Users who are viewing this thread