What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VOIDS...where are the fantasy opportunities still? (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
Wondering what voids still exist for players to step up into for 2013. Some thoughts:

1. TB RB2

2. DAL RB2

3. NOS WR2

Any others to watch for ?

Jax QB1-3

Cle QB1

ETA: I wouldn't watch for these this year. Probably another year before the positions are seriously addressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the (finally) the year you need to go back to drafting RB-RB in rds 1 and 2 (sans a Calvin Johnson pick).

KC WR2-3 - Bowe has the number one sewn up, surely one of Baldwin/Avery/junk can step up and get some of the ball from Smith. Best QB in a while (Doesn't mean much), so the position is worth looking into.

Bal WR 2 - Smith is a deep threat (May progress, may not), someone is going to be catching the shorter routes. Doss/Wiliams?

There are some unsettled RB situations that have the potential to pay off big:

Arizona - I think Mendenhall is the best talent of the bunch, but he's vulnerable because of his inconsistency and because he's a one year rental. Taylor just might be good enough to get some time here right away and complicate things. If you grab both of those guys late, you could fill a RB2 slot relatively cheap.

Denver - I think Ball is the best back on the roster. I don't love his dynasty outlook because I think he's a second tier talent, but he could be a big time sleeper in redraft leagues.

St. Louis - I don't think this team has a legitimate starting caliber RB on the roster right now. Zac Stacy could be a decent stopgap guy like Vick Ballard. Daryl Richardson might be the best pure talent of the bunch, but his lack of weight could limit his touches.

There are also some WR spots that could pay off:

New England - I think Amendola is the best redraft option, but don't be surprised if Boyce has a bigger role than anticipated. New England isn't afraid to play rookies.

San Diego - Floyd, Alexander, Allen, and Brown. I'd bank on one of those guys being a useful FF WR next year. It might be Floyd for another season, even though he's probably the least exciting of the lot to most folks.

St. Louis - All of the attention will be on Austin and he could be a force right away in PPR formats, but I'd back Givens to lead the team in receiving yards. He could be a sneaky depth/upside pick for 2013.

Tennessee - There's quite a bit of talent here between Britt, Hunter, and Wright. I can't say any one of them is obviously a great short term option though.

Arizona - I think Mendenhall is the best talent of the bunch, but he's vulnerable because of his inconsistency and because he's a one year rental. Taylor just might be good enough to get some time here right away and complicate things. If you grab both of those guys late, you could fill a RB2 slot relatively cheap.

Denver - I think Ball is the best back on the roster. I don't love his dynasty outlook because I think he's a second tier talent, but he could be a big time sleeper in redraft leagues.

St. Louis - I don't think this team has a legitimate starting caliber RB on the roster right now. Zac Stacy could be a decent stopgap guy like Vick Ballard. Daryl Richardson might be the best pure talent of the bunch, but his lack of weight could limit his touches.

New England - I think Amendola is the best redraft option, but don't be surprised if Boyce has a bigger role than anticipated. New England isn't afraid to play rookies.

San Diego - Floyd, Alexander, Allen, and Brown. I'd bank on one of those guys being a useful FF WR next year. It might be Floyd for another season, even though he's probably the least exciting of the lot to most folks.

St. Louis - All of the attention will be on Austin and he could be a force right away in PPR formats, but I'd back Givens to lead the team in receiving yards. He could be a sneaky depth/upside pick for 2013.

Tennessee - There's quite a bit of talent here between Britt, Hunter, and Wright. I can't say any one of them is obviously a great short term option though.
EBF - Are you a fan of Vincent Brown? I remember when you did your receiver rankings he wasn't included but I wasn't sure if that was purposeful or not.

Thanks.

I think Jermichael Finley has his best year as a pro. Maturity plus the loss of both Driver and Jennings. The team held onto him despite a hefty cap hit. They have nobody close to his skill.

A few RB positions are up in the are:

Arizona

Denver

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

To a lesser extent: Green Bay, Cincinnati, maybe Carolina where it's likely we know who the starter is, but things could change quickly.

Sabertooth said:
I think Jermichael Finley has his best year as a pro. Maturity plus the loss of both Driver and Jennings. The team held onto him despite a hefty cap hit. They have nobody close to his skill.
Let's hope. I'm going to be targetting him for boom/bust potential and platooning him with a Cook/Greshem/Rudolph/Pitta/V. Davis types.

Sabertooth said:
Rodgers doesn't trust him. Can he earn it?

Maybe. His problems have been immaturity and drops. He did have 86 targets last season. Which was top 15. He caught about 71% of those. He was top 12 in yards and top 10 in receptions. A slight bump (remember they lost two veterans without a clear replacement in Jennings and Driver) and he's in the top 5-10 range for fantasy point.

If he matures....which tends to happen with age...he could be a viable option.

Arizona

Denver

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

To a lesser extent: Green Bay, Cincinnati, maybe Carolina where it's likely we know who the starter is, but things could change quickly.
Pittsburgh? I think Bell wins that job hands down. week1 starter. Dwyer/redman are depth

I feel that Indy has a biggest opportunity to produce under-the-radar RB/WRs that can start and/or be valuable pieces to your team.

Not sure why Indy isnt on more of the rb lists. Indy and st louis could both be in the market for deangelo, bradshaw, or one of the other vets. They both are ready to contend for a playoff spot, and maybe more. Ballard/Brown and Pead/Richardson aren't going to get it done.

EBF said:

:goodposting: This.

cusefan115 said:
EBF said:

EBF - Are you a fan of Vincent Brown? I remember when you did your receiver rankings he wasn't included but I wasn't sure if that was purposeful or not.

Thanks.
I wasn't especially high on him when he was a draft prospect.

He seems like more of a #2/#3 NFL receiver than potential star.

Arizona

Denver

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

Pittsburgh? I think Bell wins that job hands down. week1 starter. Dwyer/redman are depth
You'd think so, but Dwyer could still steal carries.

Arizona

Denver

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

Arizona, St. Louis I agree with.

Denver will be Ball and Pitt will be Bell, no?
I was hesitant to put Pitt on there, but I think with the amount of RB in Denver, it's definitely wide open. Denver could choose to run McGahee into the ground.

A few RB positions are up in the are: ArizonaDenverPittsburghSt. Louis To a lesser extent: Green Bay, Cincinnati, maybe Carolina where it's likely we know who the starter is, but things could change quickly.
You'd think so, but Dwyer could still steal carries.
Dywer needs to make the team first. Rumors after Bell was selected were that Dwyer was shopped for a 7th(with no takers). He's a RFA with a 1.3 mil price tag. Steelers are rubbing right up against the cap. RFA money isn't guaranteed so they can jerk that tender whenever they want and recoup the money. They drafted Bell and signed Stephens-Howling withing 48 hours. They also have Dwyer's doppleganer already on the team in Redman(plodding SY type), plus Redman can block/appears to be one of the "pets" of the coaching staff. If I were Dywer I wouldn't exactly be shopping for any real estate in the North Hills.

Users who are viewing this thread