What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 14 (2 Viewers)

For those of us desperate for a RB/WR fill in where do you look, a TEN wr? Robinson Bal or Parker NE? What’s left on Texans? Need some diamonds in the rough.
Take a look at Westbrook-Ikiene, Ten WR. He will probably be their #1 WR this week.

Trying decide on whether to keep Jameson Williams rostered or not. I feel I am generally stronger at RB than WR, but also this time of year the mantra is stuff your roster with RB's

Start 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 Flex - Full PPR (Redraft)

Current roster
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson (New England)
RB - Nick Chubb (Cleveland)
RB - Tony Pollard (Dallas)
RB - Rachaad White (Tampa Bay)

WR/TE - CeeDee Lamb (Dallas)
WR/TE - Chris Olave (New Orleans)
WR/TE - Josh Palmer (LA Chargers)
WR/TE - Treylon Burks (Tennessee - currently in an IR Spot)
WR/TE - T.J. Hockenson (Minnesota)
WR/TE - George Pickens (Pittsburgh)
WR/TE - Jameson Williams (Detroit)

Here are some of the potential handcuff options at RB still on the WW
Alexander Mattison (Minnesota)
Jaylen Warren (Pittsburgh)
Deon Jackson (Indianapolis)
Jordan Mason (San Francisco)
Joshua Kelley (LA Chargers)
Dontrell Hilliard (Tennessee)

Trying decide on whether to keep Jameson Williams rostered or not. I feel I am generally stronger at RB than WR, but also this time of year the mantra is stuff your roster with RB's

Current roster

I'd probably drop Jamo and add Mattison

Current roster

I'm not enamored of Pickens at this point. In 5 games since they traded Claypool he has 2, 4, 6, 6 & 2 targets with 11 total receptions. He's had the benefit of a full off season programs and in season practices and this is the result.

Pickens probably will do more than Williams over the last five weeks, but does that amount to anything we want in our lineups? So, if I'm rolling the dice on a lotto ticket I may prefer to take the higher risk on the guy who was drafted top 10 despite a bad injury coming into a top 6 scoring offense.

Mattison is probably the smart choice but I may lean Mason. I feel like San Francisco will try to run more and have the defense to make that a realistic proposition. Banking on injury between McCaffrey and Cook is probably a push but McCaffrey is a top 3 RB in PPR leagues and Cook is closer to top 10, so I lean McCaffrey's backup.

Current roster

I'm not enamored of Pickens at this point. In 5 games since they traded Claypool he has 2, 4, 6, 6 & 2 targets with 11 total receptions. He's had the benefit of a full off season programs and in season practices and this is the result.

Pickens probably will do more than Williams over the last five weeks, but does that amount to anything we want in our lineups? So, if I'm rolling the dice on a lotto ticket I may prefer to take the higher risk on the guy who was drafted top 10 despite a bad injury coming into a top 6 scoring offense.

Mattison is probably the smart choice but I may lean Mason. I feel like San Francisco will try to run more and have the defense to make that a realistic proposition. Banking on injury between McCaffrey and Cook is probably a push but McCaffrey is a top 3 RB in PPR leagues and Cook is closer to top 10, so I lean McCaffrey's backup.
Another reason I might lean Mason over Mattison is league specific - one of the hotter teams has McCaffery and a bunch of FAAB, while my FAAB is pretty low - much less than his any way. Since I might face him next week, and McCaffery is already having a "knee issue", if I do make a move for a RB I think Mason would be the lottery ticket that has a slightly higher chance of hitting and would have extra value for me in my particular situation.

Current roster

Another reason I might lean Mason over Mattison is league specific - one of the hotter teams has McCaffery and a bunch of FAAB, while my FAAB is pretty low - much less than his any way. Since I might face him next week, and McCaffery is already having a "knee issue", if I do make a move for a RB I think Mason would be the lottery ticket that has a slightly higher chance of hitting and would have extra value for me in my particular situation.
I agree, then again if you pick up Mason, maybe he picks up Mattison...

I would add Keontay Ingram. Could have a big workload if Conner went down.

Current roster

Mason might be a good lotto ticket, but CMC is seeing his fewest touches /g since his rookie year

Cook has had 100% availability this year. He missed 29 games his first 6 seasons, 2-2-4 over the last 3. Mattison is a the best plug n play without stand alone value around. Last 6 times Cook missed a game (+ one more he missed over half the game, immediately before Mattison’s 1st start):
  • 23 touches 136 yards 0 TD
  • 14-30-0* (game script - blowout loss)
  • 24-145-2*
  • 36-171-0*
  • 32-153-1*
  • 25-124-1*
  • 16-70-1*
*starter
first 3 are 2020, last 4 are 2021

Both have very favorable playoff schedules.

You can make an argument for Mason but Mattison has the history from a not insignificant sample size.

Current roster

Mason might be a good lotto ticket, but CMC is seeing his fewest touches /g since his rookie year

Cook has had 100% availability this year. He missed 29 games his first 6 seasons, 2-2-4 over the last 3. Mattison is a the best plug n play without stand alone value around. Last 6 times Cook missed a game (+ one more he missed over half the game, immediately before Mattison’s 1st start):
  • 24-145-2*
  • 36-171-0*
  • 32-153-1*
  • 25-124-1*
  • 16-70-1*
*starter

You can make an argument for Mason but Mattison has the history from a not insignificant sample size.
Oh, absolutely Mattison is a safer play if, for example, Cook & McCaffrey both go down. But what if that injury doesn't come?

Mattison hasn't seen more than 5 looks since week 5. You said he doesn't have standalone value and I agree.

Mason had 8 last week, Mitchell had 9 (and Mason 5), 9 & 18 the weeks before that.

McCaffrey 's "low" touches (he still has 105 looks over his last 5 games btw) may actually help make Mason relevant sans injury. I honestly have no idea if that holds but it really looks like the Niners are going to try and run their way to the playoffs. There may be enough meat on the bone to make Mason a reasonable/emergency flex play.

For those of us desperate for a RB/WR fill in where do you look, a TEN wr? Robinson Bal or Parker NE? What’s left on Texans? Need some diamonds in the rough.
Corey Davis?
Z Knight, T Homer, C Moore (HOU), DJ Chark, or C Davis types.

I'm looking at C Davis vs. higher ranked Z Jones for a week 14 play because of injuries, schedule, similar potential, but Jones did not look good last week against the Lions dropping passes. Chest injury could very well contribute to that.

Corey Davis?

I'm looking at C Davis vs. higher ranked Z Jones for a week 14 play because of injuries, schedule, similar potential, but Jones did not look good last week against the Lions dropping passes. Chest injury could very well contribute to that.

Chris Moore is a great call

Nico Collins & Brandin Cooks are both out, Mills is back in, negative game script should give him a solid floor

He’s had four double digit games in PPR this season

Implied total is ridiculously low, obviously not the best pick if you’re an underdog looking to catch a boom week, but decent option if you’re favored and just need a solid Flex who won’t goose egg you

Current roster

• 24-145-2*
  • 36-171-0*
  • 32-153-1*
  • 25-124-1*
  • 16-70-1*
*starter

In a vacuum, I would generally agree, and most lists of lotto tickets have Mattison over Mason. In fact Mattison is #1 on most lists.

In my case, even if McCaffery or Dalvin Cook got injured, I probably wouldn't start Mattison or Mason over Chubb, Stevenson or Pollard. So I am more picking up a guy looking to block an opponent, and I am more likely to face the McCaffery manager in the playoffs than the Cook owner. Of course if any of my guys gets hurt then the lotto ticket might enter the starting lineup, so that is also a consideration. McCaffery is already complaining of "knee irritation", while Dalvin is healthy, although of course the shoulder could pop at an minute. But both last year and this year Dalvin has played in the week following a shoulder injury, so just Cook getting hurt doesn't automatically mean Mattison will start the following week.

Mattison did good work for me last season, so I am very favorably disposed to him. But thinking of Week 15 only, Mason is probably more valuable to me.

Assuming Barkley is active tmrw, I'll be dropping Breida for J. Mason.

SF plays @SEA next week...and that SEA run D is BAD.

If CMC gets dinged again or worse, you have a serious lottery ticket payoff. Easy pickup if you have a slot to speculate.

Current roster

the reality of fantasy stardom between now and end of season for williams is very remote…and I have him. I dropped him in one league and kept him in another rookie keeper league.

If CMC gets dinged again or worse, you have a serious lottery ticket payoff. Easy pickup if you have a slot to speculate.
I picked up Breida yesterday as my opponent has Barkley only today to realize today that someone dropped Mason (I own CMC). I picked up Mason and dropped Breida. Breida on Waivers now til next week.

I picked up Breida yesterday as my opponent has Barkley only today to realize today that someone dropped Mason (I own CMC). I picked up Mason and dropped Breida. Breida on Waivers now til next week.
FYI the Niners activated Tevin Coleman. Not sure what it means but I'm pretty sure he doesn't play special teams.

I guess it could be just in case scenario and, for some reason they like Coleman more than TDP.

But I don't like.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't play special teams.

Actually he did play special teams 2019-21. Rotowire speculation is he’ll take over Mitchell’s role as a core STer. Which sounds like ignorance bc Jordan Mason has been the 4-phase guy getting upwards of 20 ST snaps a week. Maybe they mistyped.

At any rate I think they know what they have in Coleman, no reason to give him any offensive snaps.

Actually he did play special teams 2019-21. Rotowire speculation is he’ll take over Mitchell’s role as a core STer. Which sounds like ignorance bc Jordan Mason has been the 4-phase guy getting upwards of 20 ST snaps a week. Maybe they mistyped.

At any rate I think they know what they have in Coleman, no reason to give him any offensive snaps.
Hope you're right and it's later in the season but Coleman, straight sent Mason to the bench earlier this year.

But if that were the case shouldn't it have happened last week too?

Still, Coleman has played one ST snap this season and Mason 159.

IDK this was all so clear three hours ago.

FYI the Niners activated Tevin Coleman. Not sure what it means but I'm pretty sure he doesn't play special teams.

I guess it could be just in case scenario and, for some reason they like Coleman more than TDP.

But I don't like.
Yeah definitely gives me something to think about regarding picking up Jordan Mason.

Week 5 vs Panthers Coleman had 8 carries and 3 catches for 2 TDs in a thumping of the Panthers. Week 6 Coleman had 4 carries for 3 yards, Week 7 I think he was not active and Week 8 he was back on the practice squad.

For the season Tevin Coleman has 32 offensive snaps and a PFF grade of 68.3

Tyrion Davis-Price has 44 offensive snaps and a PFF grade of 52.6.

Mason has 37 offensive snaps and a PFF grade of 88.1. So you'd think based on that and the good YPC the past two weeks that Mason would be in solid with the coaching staff. It might also be extra insurance in case CMC ends up inactive or very limited. Or maybe Coleman really will be a special teamer. Or Mason got himself into the doghouse for some reason.

Shanahanigans might be striking again.

Current roster

the reality of fantasy stardom between now and end of season for williams is very remote…and I have him. I dropped him in one league and kept him in another rookie keeper league.
I kind of agree, but I have this feeling that Williams will have at least one 30-point game this season. Of course it won't be a gradual ramp up of 10 this week, 15 next week then 30. It'll be more like 5, 3, 5, 30

So he'd probably get that 30 on my bench.

Hope you're right and it's later in the season but Coleman, straight sent Mason to the bench earlier this year.

But if that were the case shouldn't it have happened last week too?

Still, Coleman has played one ST snap this season and Mason 159.

IDK this was all so clear three hours ago.
IDK about Coleman sending Mason to the bench. Before Week 11, Mason had a single carry in Week 3, so it's not like he was ever a part of the offense to be able to get benched. He had 5 offensive snaps in week 3 and 1 offensive snap in Week 5. Next offensive snap was week 11. So he's been a classic rookie special teamer who eventually got some work on offense later in the year.

Corey Davis?

Nico Collins & Brandin Cooks are both out, Mills is back in, negative game script should give him a solid floor

Implied total is ridiculously low, obviously not the best pick if you’re an underdog looking to catch a boom week, but decent option if you’re favored and just need a solid Flex who won’t goose egg you
Good call on Chris Moore !

Corey Davis?

Good call on Chris Moore !

I'd be better off if I just listened to the advice I give others lol

NCAYFT but 10-4 #3 seed, minor miracle with injuries

Users who are viewing this thread