What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets heading into week 5 (2 Viewers)

I'd add Wan'dale Robinson - I think his role will continue to grow, perhaps even as early as tonight.

Grabbing him before the game tonight. I'm fortunate in that my kicker is J. Meyers so I can drop him and have the victory in hand.
Waiting for Saquon to be declared out so I can add him as well. I'll probably have to drop him tomorrow, but if he blows up tonight I at least have the option to keep him
Somehow I forgot to add him before the game. Oh well. My views of him are pretty much exactly what they were beforehand. He probably has the biggest piece of a small, not-very-tasty pie. If you're convinced that NY's offense will turn things around later this season, I guess you could do worse than stash him. But he is by no means a must-roster

In terms of WRs, I think the two clear options are Michael Wilson and Jameson Williams. I currently have them in that order, although I'm going to be mulling it for the rest of the day. Williams clearly has the bigger upside, especially in that offense, but I'm really concerned that we've heard such little positive buzz about him over the past two years. As a Lions fan, I hope he doesn't end up being an epic bust, but it's in the cards
Ok, percentage of FAAB monty for each then? 15% would (to me) seem the median for each. Anyone think more or less?
I have $43/$100. We start 3WR and have a flex. I might throw half of that for Wilson honestly. I’d like another receiver and a rookie on his way up would love.

Has Mayfield become a viable streamer yet?

Doesn't he have a week 5 bye? Should be easy to get and even if he's rostered will probably get dropped for the bye week. If you're weak at QB he's obviously a target for week 6 and beyond.

And if you can pair him with CJ Stroud to mix/match a hell of a ROS schedule (ATL, NO, ATL, CAR, each other, TEN, ARI, IND, DEN, ATL, TEN, JAX, TEN, IND). I'll take that ROS over someone like Danny Dimes, Dak, or Geno Smith.

I'm debating Stafford vs Stroud as Herbert's bye-week replacement. Leaning Stroud. In an ideal world, I'd feel confident enough in him that I'd sell high on Herbert in order to pick up a decent RB or WR (already down Chubb and now potentially Higgins). But it's not a very trade-happy league, so I'm going to assume that won't happen

Sure
Off this week. Will wait and see if I can get for free.

Doesn't he have a week 5 bye? Should be easy to get and even if he's rostered will probably get dropped for the bye week. If you're weak at QB he's obviously a target for week 6 and beyond.

And if you can pair him with CJ Stroud to mix/match a hell of a ROS schedule (ATL, NO, ATL, CAR, each other, TEN, ARI, IND, DEN, ATL, TEN, JAX, TEN, IND). I'll take that ROS over someone like Danny Dimes, Dak, or Geno Smith.
He does have a week 5 bye, and even tho I’m not in Superflex, a 14 team league with irrational QB hoarders is really killing me as I roll w Goff.

But good call! I WISH Stroud was available but these guys are so stupid about it they’re dangerous

In smaller redraft leagues Jameson Williams could (could) be available (and returning early from suspension).

But will he be any good? He raised a lot of questions the short amount of time he played in preseason. And more questions when he got injured. My league would have to be pretty deep to pick him up - you'll need the bench space for at least a month I would guess before you know what you have.
His suspension was reduced and he will be playing this week. Don't know how much but Dan Campbell says he will have a role.

Dionte Johnson? Might be back in few weeks? Stash?
I've been thinking of it. I have to stream a QB this week for Herbert's bye, but will probably look to pick him up next week. I believe Pittsburgh is on bye Week 6 and he's eligible to come back after that

Keaton Mitchell Bal is someone to keep an eye on if available
He's really getting gobbled up in Yahoo leagues
This guy getting buzz. Don't get it. ALready have the Gus Bus, Hill, Gordon. And L. Jackson running in TDs. As if this backfield wasn't already a headache.
I actually saw early comments on Yahoo player chat and I feel this was started as a goof but has taken off. And then you look deeper and he actually might be a good stash.

Josh Whyle had six key blocks shown in highlight reels, a key third down, and a TD ...and some dopey people saying great first game for him. He's been a sub the first few weeks.

Idk that I'd pick him up unless deep deep redraft league or dynasty but if the pickings are slim then get him because he could be a name next week.

It's absolutely pathetic that the only receiving threat besides Hopkins has been Spears and Henry one game and now a backup TE but it is what it is.

He's a backup TE that played better than both starting TEs and really shined so it could be a wasted pickup. Titans have been atrocious blocking at times and Chig's had no fire to his game so there's enough to make you pause here.

Phillips returns to same- no other threat established- and his fantastic route running and injury prone self is oh so welcome.

Coaches adore Phillips and they coveted Whyle for three years in college.

I don't know which but there's a void to be filled- or Tim Kelly's offense just stinks- and again deep deep leagues or dynasty, I'd put a toe in this water.

Regular scenario, gotta wait til next week to see more and just write their names on a post it.

Probably won't get him since I'm priority 9/14, but in my main money league I'm putting in a claim for Wilson and dropping JSN. But I'm not targeting Jameson over him because I still have my doubts. I see both JW and JSN as lottery tickets at this point, but I lean (slightly) in favor of JSN

The more I think about Jaleel, the less excited I get. HIs opportunity is over a week or two on a mediocre offense with not-great matchups. We don't even know for sure what his workload will be relative to Perine.

In an ideal world, in the league where I have Javonte, I could wait until we know for sure what his status is and then pick up Jaleel if he's declared out. But of course he'll be long gone by that point. Still, I'll most likely take my chances on Javonte playing because I don't think the payoff is worth it, especially relative to some of the other WRs on the wire

Is it worth dropping Mims for either Wilson or Williams? Thinking of just standing pat this week...

I've been holding D. Johnson in my 12 team -- it's rough but I think his upside is too much to drop.

Jameson Williams, if he wasn’t already stashed
Talent was evident in college, has no NFL track record. When he comes back, what are realistic expectations? I could drop D. London, C. Watson, or J.Palmer for him (redraft) but not sure he’d crack my starting lineup over S. Diggs, M. Pittman, or A. Cooper. Until he plays more, to me he seems like more of a hope-and-prayer home run threat than a PPR star in an offense that spreads the ball around.

Keaton Mitchell Bal is someone to keep an eye on if available
He's really getting gobbled up in Yahoo leagues
This guy getting buzz. Don't get it. ALready have the Gus Bus, Hill, Gordon. And L. Jackson running in TDs. As if this backfield wasn't already a headache.
He’s electric with the ball in his hands. Little guys for the win this year! Achane, McLaughlin and Mitchell!

The more I think about Jaleel, the less excited I get. HIs opportunity is over a week or two on a mediocre offense with not-great matchups. We don't even know for sure what his workload will be relative to Perine.

In an ideal world, in the league where I have Javonte, I could wait until we know for sure what his status is and then pick up Jaleel if he's declared out. But of course he'll be long gone by that point. Still, I'll most likely take my chances on Javonte playing because I don't think the payoff is worth it, especially relative to some of the other WRs on the wire
Jaleel looked really good so there’s that. Remember when the Saints backfield was too crowded for a rookie named Kamara? They had Peterson and Ingram that year.

Keaton Mitchell was picked up by Adam Schefter last week for his fantasy team - which apparently led to a huge reddit thread and he started getting picked up a lot

Keaton Mitchell was picked up by Adam Schefter last week for his fantasy team - which apparently led to a huge reddit thread and he started getting picked up a lot
Didn’t Schefter pick up Kyren before week 1 last season before he got hurt?

Got Wilson for 14% of Faab money, but seemed to overbid. Next bid was for only 6% of money. But I could use the depth and liked what I've seen so far.

Lost out on McLaughlin. I over bid and someone bid 40% of budget. Damn. He looks good
There may not be another waiver pickup this good for the rest of the year. TBD. 40% sounds about right.

I picked him up in one league (for $12), but 40%? Williams might be fine?? And he's likely never a workhorse back. Someone got him for $27 in another league and I thought that was too much given we really have no idea the level of workload he may have.

Lost out on McLaughlin. I over bid and someone bid 40% of budget. Damn. He looks good
There may not be another waiver pickup this good for the rest of the year. TBD. 40% sounds about right.
I think he'll be a decent bye week filler in a poor man's Darren Sproles role with two other RBs to split carries. 40% seemed a little rich for me. I was next highest offer at 17%. Nobody else bid.

I picked him up in one league (for $12), but 40%? Williams might be fine?? And he's likely never a workhorse back. Someone got him for $27 in another league and I thought that was too much given we really have no idea the level of workload he may have.
He looks really good so you don’t want to miss out on him. Has looked like the best rb on the team and it wasn’t close this past week.

What about Kyler Murray? For those having QB issues he claims to becoming back soon.
With the way Dobbs is playing I wonder if they'll even let Murray near the field.
I get it but the Cardinals are paying him a bazillion dollars to play.

Definitely a case of "the contract plays".
Does it still play if they're trying to unload it?

$37 mil/year, if I'm reading Spotrac correctly over the next four years is closer to Derek Carr money than Jackson/Herbert money. That should be marketable to another team.

What about Kyler Murray? For those having QB issues he claims to becoming back soon.
With the way Dobbs is playing I wonder if they'll even let Murray near the field.

$37 mil/year, if I'm reading Spotrac correctly over the next four years is closer to Derek Carr money than Jackson/Herbert money. That should be marketable to another team.
If they arent sold on the guy and wanted to trade him wouldnt it be more important than ever that he plays? I get there is always risk of reinjury but given they have a big decision to make wouldnt they want more information for themselves (and for other teams to see he is healthy) ?

If they arent sold on the guy and wanted to trade him wouldnt it be more important than ever that he plays? I get there is always risk of reinjury but given they have a big decision to make wouldnt they want more information for themselves (and for other teams to see he is healthy) ?
There is plenty of tape on Kyler. If they really want him out, and I don't know they do, it probably depends on how much cap/cash they'd be on the hook for if he got hurt again.

They took the full hit this season when they let Hopkins go. The team is playing better than anyone expected but it felt like a fire sale in Arizona this off-season. It probably still is.

Last edited:
He looks really good so you don’t want to miss out on him. Has looked like the best rb on the team and it wasn’t close this past weweek.
Jaleel had a GL carry in week 2 for a TD and is a good between the tackles runner for a smaller back. Williams is coming off a major knee reconstruction. He's better than Perine. Huge upside on a team with a bad defense and good offense.

Ok, so one the waiver run Dotson and Rondale moore were dropped. I think Dotson is a no brainer pick up but was wondering about Moore in light of the wilson love being shown. The week before he was the darling so just wondering people thoughts

Ok, so one the waiver run Dotson and Rondale moore were dropped. I think Dotson is a no brainer pick up but was wondering about Moore in light of the wilson love being shown. The week before he was the darling so just wondering people thoughts
Arizona changed their offensive game plan against DAL and got Moore more involved than usual. Most of his points came on a 50-point run. He may have a decent game now and then, but that's not sustainable on a regular basis. For every game where he hits double digits, he's going to have at least a half-dozen duds. If you have a spot to stash him in the deepest of leagues, sure. But, I wouldn't drop anybody of substance for him, that's for sure.

Arizona changed their offensive game plan against DAL and got Moore more involved than usual. Most of his points came on a 50-point run. He may have a decent game now and then, but that's not sustainable on a regular basis. For every game where he hits double digits, he's going to have at least a half-dozen duds. If you have a spot to stash him in the deepest of leagues, sure. But, I wouldn't drop anybody of substance for him, that's for sure.
gotcha. I have one spot that is my "revolving door" right now. Terrance Marshall is spinning in it now, but I can sub in Dotson or Rondale as need be. I'm just wondering with the trade winds blowing for Carolina if Hollywood gets shipped there opening more opportunities for Moore.

I don't think he'll ever be more than a gadget guy. Think Tavon Austin, Leviska Shenault, etc. If they have to scheme them touches, it means they can't consistently get open on their own. (Deebo is the exception that proves the rule. He's so electric with the ball in his hands, and such a tough runner, that he can make a fantasy living off of manufactured touches. But the vast majority of guys can't)

In smaller redraft leagues Jameson Williams could (could) be available (and returning early from suspension).

But will he be any good? He raised a lot of questions the short amount of time he played in preseason. And more questions when he got injured. My league would have to be pretty deep to pick him up - you'll need the bench space for at least a month I would guess before you know what you have.

If he was "guaranteed good" he would not be on waivers. Assuming he is available, if you wait for him to show that he's "good" before making the move... it will be too late.

Yes, he is already on rosters in all of my 12-teamers. But not in my couple of 10-teamers and I'm sure he's available in some 12-teamers. My point was if you pick him up, be prepared to have him take up a bench space for a while before he is startable (if ever).
I can understand people losing patience with him. But trust me, he's very talented. At least it's well worth it to see. Imo

Users who are viewing this thread