What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets heading into week 5 (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
QB Joshua Dobbs (Especially for deeper leagues or Superflex leagues)
QB Taylor Heinicke (In anticipation for the inevitable benching of Desmond Ridder)

RB Jaleel McLaughlin
RB Chuba Hubbard
RB Melvin Gordon
RB Devin Singletary

WR Michael Wilson
WR Curtis Samuel
WR Trey Palmer

TE Jake Ferguson
TE Jonnu Smith

I'd add Wan'dale Robinson - I think his role will continue to grow, perhaps even as early as tonight.

Grabbing him before the game tonight. I'm fortunate in that my kicker is J. Meyers so I can drop him and have the victory in hand.
After reading your post did the same. Dropped Quentin Johnston. Why not.

Best strategy for waivers: Get next week's waiver pickups the week prior.

I'd add Wan'dale Robinson - I think his role will continue to grow, perhaps even as early as tonight.

Grabbing him before the game tonight. I'm fortunate in that my kicker is J. Meyers so I can drop him and have the victory in hand.
Waiting for Saquon to be declared out so I can add him as well. I'll probably have to drop him tomorrow, but if he blows up tonight I at least have the option to keep him

Lions defense is typically not showing up with a high percentage of ownership and they play the Panthers in week 5
I picked them up last week to fill in for the Browns this coming week. Also they play the Bears week 14 and Broncos week 15. Browns have the Bears week 15, Texans 16, Jets week 17

What a sweet bonus is I just noticed he plays Miami next week. Bye weeks are upon us, so he might actually be a sneaky start next week. Here's to 6 plus targets tonight.

In smaller redraft leagues Jameson Williams could (could) be available (and returning early from suspension).

After reading your post did the same. Dropped Quentin Johnston. Why not.

Best strategy for waivers: Get next week's waiver pickups the week prior.
Hey, why not? I've slotted Meyers and don't need the points. You guys talked me into it.

I like this, I picked him up in a deep league last week and so did someone else in my other deep league. I expect he is available in most leagues though (he's still available in all 6 of my other leagues).

In smaller redraft leagues Jameson Williams could (could) be available (and returning early from suspension).

But will he be any good? He raised a lot of questions the short amount of time he played in preseason. And more questions when he got injured. My league would have to be pretty deep to pick him up - you'll need the bench space for at least a month I would guess before you know what you have.

QB Taylor Heinicke (In anticipation for the inevitable benching of Desmond Ridder)

RB Jaleel McLaughlin
RB Chuba Hubbard
RB Melvin Gordon
RB Devin Singletary

WR Michael Wilson
WR Curtis Samuel
WR Trey Palmer

TE Jake Ferguson
TE Jonnu Smith

Slim pickings. Most of those are pure handcuffs only. Samuel gets picked up and then dropped multiple times every year in my leagues, including sometimes by me. Jonnu Smith - oh, those poor Pitts owners.

But will he be any good? He raised a lot of questions the short amount of time he played in preseason. And more questions when he got injured. My league would have to be pretty deep to pick him up - you'll need the bench space for at least a month I would guess before you know what you have.

If he was "guaranteed good" he would not be on waivers. Assuming he is available, if you wait for him to show that he's "good" before making the move... it will be too late.

If Freiermuth is out Darnell Washington May get some play, but not enough to play him, only to see if he shows anything.

If he was "guaranteed good" he would not be on waivers. Assuming he is available, if you wait for him to show that he's "good" before making the move... it will be too late.

Yes, he is already on rosters in all of my 12-teamers. But not in my couple of 10-teamers and I'm sure he's available in some 12-teamers. My point was if you pick him up, be prepared to have him take up a bench space for a while before he is startable (if ever).

Those needy of TE help (who isn't?), may wanna take a flier on Gerald Everett now that, both, MWill and Parham are down. LAC is on bye next week so you can probably grab him for free after waivers clear.

Yes, he is already on rosters in all of my 12-teamers. But not in my couple of 10-teamers and I'm sure he's available in some 12-teamers. My point was if you pick him up, be prepared to have him take up a bench space for a while before he is startable (if ever).
OK, yes agreed. He's not a week 1 "didn't see that coming" plug 'n' play.

Was just going to say this. Similar to Achane who was dropped after week 1 in a pretty competitive league of mine.

Not saying Williams = Achane

Just pointing out you have to get them before it’s too late to find out.

I'll be adding Logan Thomas. Kind of under the radar right now but averaging 7 points in 3 games. He would he 9th ranked TE if he didn't get hurt. Faces Chicago this week.
Gone in my league or I'd be all over him.
My problem with Thomas is that he doesn’t seem to get many targets.

8, 3, 0 (hurt), 3.

But I say this as a Pitts owner so I’ll pretty much take anything.

I'll be adding Logan Thomas. Kind of under the radar right now but averaging 7 points in 3 games. He would he 9th ranked TE if he didn't get hurt. Faces Chicago this week.
Gone in my league or I'd be all over him.
My problem with Thomas is that he doesn’t seem to get many targets.

8, 3, 0 (hurt), 3.

But I say this as a Pitts owner so I’ll pretty much take anything.

He has my eye in a couple of leagues. Unfortunately, he would be an improvement over Goedert.

OK, yes agreed. He's not a week 1 "didn't see that coming" plug 'n' play.

Plus, we already went through this last year when he was the hot pickup and he was a big dud. He was not doing well in preseason before he was hurt and there were whispers of a bad attitude.

Braxton Berrios had 6 catches for 43 yds on 6 targets. Scored a TD and had 1 rush for 11 yards. Cracraft was placed on IR last week. He could be a nice pickup especially if something happens to Hill or Waddle.

The way Washington used Samuel this week mitigated a lot of Phillys pass rush. It might be something Bienemy keeps trying since they let up a ton of sacks. Quick hits to Samuel and the end around at the end zone worked well to slow the rushers.

RB Jaleel McLaughlin
RB Chuba Hubbard
RB Melvin Gordon
RB Devin Singletary

WR Michael Wilson
WR Curtis Samuel
WR Trey Palmer

TE Jake Ferguson
TE Jonnu Smith

Thanks for creating the thread each week. Please tag this account and we can pin it.

Kyren owners could do worse than rostering Ronnie Rivers as a handcuff. Would likely get lion's share of the work if Kyren misses time. For those of us at the end of the line in waivers, this might be our only option. LOL

I also second ClownDogs mention of Keaton Mitchell, and he might be my preferred over Ronnie Rivers. Baltimore run game needs a shot in the arm, and Keaton might be what they need.

Looking at Logan Thomas as a Waller owner. But TE hell might just include Waller’s crap performances. I’d have to drop Downs for him or if I added Michael Wilson too. Having dropped Achane already too early, I feel like I don’t want to make that same mistake again.

Thoughts on Wilson? Likely the only viable guy in one of my leagues (samuel is out there too but I dropped him bc, you know, roulette)...

You kind of bury Arizona when you expected them to be terrible. Kind of like Tampa Bay. Now that they have a pulse, I need more info.

Thoughts on Wilson? Likely the only viable guy in one of my leagues (samuel is out there too but I dropped him bc, you know, roulette)...

You kind of bury Arizona when you expected them to be terrible. Kind of like Tampa Bay. Now that they have a pulse, I need more info.
Wilson has what used to be considered protype size for a WR. 6'2" 210 lbs. Had a bunch of injuries in college but showed some flashes. He is a 23 year old rookie, which some look down on, but I do not see it as an issue. Has the talent to be the #2 in Arizona, as all that is in front of him is Rondale Moore. I think Wilson is a good stash as long as you do not have to give up anyone proven. Leave Samuel out there. Every year he has a couple good games early on then disappears.

Wilson has what used to be considered protype size for a WR. 6'2" 210 lbs. Had a bunch of injuries in college but showed some flashes. He is a 23 year old rookie, which some look down on, but I do not see it as an issue. Has the talent to be the #2 in Arizona, as all that is in front of him is Rondale Moore. I think Wilson is a good stash as long as you do not have to give up anyone proven. Leave Samuel out there. Every year he has a couple good games early on then disappears.
Dropping Downs in an 12 team and Mims in a ten team for him. I dropped Achane earlier in the season and did not want to drop another rookie. But both teams need receiver help and it seems to me that Wilson is further along in the rookie breakout. I have like $43 and am the number 3 waiver so I’m not sure how much to spend or if I’ll even get him.

Even though I"m hurting at RB (Saquon, AJones, Javonte and Herbert, with Wilson potentially coming off IR) I don't think this is the week to invest in RBs. Only potential decent option is McLaughlin, but I don't think he's anything special, plus it's not entirely clear whether Javonte is out and for how long.

In terms of WRs, I think the two clear options are Michael Wilson and Jameson Williams. I currently have them in that order, although I'm going to be mulling it for the rest of the day. Williams clearly has the bigger upside, especially in that offense, but I'm really concerned that we've heard such little positive buzz about him over the past two years. As a Lions fan, I hope he doesn't end up being an epic bust, but it's in the cards

In terms of WRs, I think the two clear options are Michael Wilson and Jameson Williams. I currently have them in that order, although I'm going to be mulling it for the rest of the day. Williams clearly has the bigger upside, especially in that offense, but I'm really concerned that we've heard such little positive buzz about him over the past two years. As a Lions fan, I hope he doesn't end up being an epic bust, but it's in the cards
Ok, percentage of FAAB monty for each then? 15% would (to me) seem the median for each. Anyone think more or less?

Users who are viewing this thread