What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets heading into week 7 (1 Viewer)

I landed both the Steelers and Browns D the wire this week, not expecting both but like the idea of having 2 good Ds.

Problem is I need to get a TE now. Do I drop Shultz who has been on a tear or do I consider dropping JSN or Doubs? Options are Njoku, Muth, Etz, Mayer or Kinkaid.
Stand pat
Houston is on a bye so standing pat means taking a zero at te. If you are absolutely dead set keeping 2 Ds I drop DNS for a week and hope he has another mediocre to bad week and pick him back up next week.

I landed both the Steelers and Browns D the wire this week, not expecting both but like the idea of having 2 good Ds.

Problem is I need to get a TE now. Do I drop Shultz who has been on a tear or do I consider dropping JSN or Doubs? Options are Njoku, Muth, Etz, Mayer or Kinkaid.
Stand pat
Houston is on a bye so standing pat means taking a zero at te. If you are absolutely dead set keeping 2 Ds I drop DNS for a week and hope he has another mediocre to bad week and pick him back up next week.
I didn't realize he had no TE this week. I would definitely drop a defense for a TE.

There's rumblings that the RB to have in LAR is Henderson.
i'm kinda buying this. henderson is familiar with the system. most importantly, perhaps he can be trusted more than the rookie + others to protect stafford, which is probably mcvay's top priority.

thinking of dropping foreman or keaontay ingram for him.

There's rumblings that the RB to have in LAR is Henderson.
i'm kinda buying this. henderson is familiar with the system. most importantly, perhaps he can be trusted more than the rookie + others to protect stafford, which is probably mcvay's top priority.

thinking of dropping foreman or keaontay ingram for him.

Don't think I'd drop Foreman. R. Johnson still hasn't cleared concussion which is troubling since it's been two weeks.

Tinkering with dropping Ingram for one of these Rams RBs myself but it's such a crapshoot.

Henderson isn't even fools gold.

I'm with you - but it's a one week plug-and-play.

Mcvay was asked if evans was on track to start this week - and Mcvay said something like, "I wouldn't say that - all 4 of the guys are possibilities" - and then talked up Hendersons familiarity with offense

RB ZACH EVANS: LOOKS SET TO REMAIN BACKUP WEEK 7

(Rotowire) Evans is expected to serve as a backup option behind Royce Freeman and Darrell Henderson in Sunday's game against the Steelers, sources tell Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Analysis: While he was active for just the second time all season in last week's win over the Cardinals, Evans picked up his first NFL carries late in the contest once Kyren Williams (ankle) and Ronnie Rivers (knee) went down with injuries. Even though Williams and Rivers have since been moved to injured reserve and are set to miss at least the Rams' next four games, Evans doesn't look like he'll be in line to climb to the top of the depth chart, as the Rams reportedly believe the rookie sixth-round pick out of Ole Miss needs more time to learn the offense and acclimate to the NFL. Though he's still expected to be active over the recently signed Myles Gaskin on Sunday, Evans looks like he'll be ticketed for the No. 3 role while practice-squad imports Freeman and Henderson are first in line for work. Schefter relays that Freeman is likely to start, but how the Steelers defense lines up as well as how Freeman and Henderson fare will dictate which of the two leads the backfield in the weeks to come while Williams and Rivers are on the mend. Evans is expected to be "sprinkled in" to the backfield rotation Sunday, per Schefter, but the 22-year-old appears unlikely to get more than a handful of touches.

(Rotowire) Evans is expected to serve as a backup option behind Royce Freeman and Darrell Henderson in Sunday's game against the Steelers, sources tell Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Analysis: While he was active for just the second time all season in last week's win over the Cardinals, Evans picked up his first NFL carries late in the contest once Kyren Williams (ankle) and Ronnie Rivers (knee) went down with injuries. Even though Williams and Rivers have since been moved to injured reserve and are set to miss at least the Rams' next four games, Evans doesn't look like he'll be in line to climb to the top of the depth chart, as the Rams reportedly believe the rookie sixth-round pick out of Ole Miss needs more time to learn the offense and acclimate to the NFL. Though he's still expected to be active over the recently signed Myles Gaskin on Sunday, Evans looks like he'll be ticketed for the No. 3 role while practice-squad imports Freeman and Henderson are first in line for work. Schefter relays that Freeman is likely to start, but how the Steelers defense lines up as well as how Freeman and Henderson fare will dictate which of the two leads the backfield in the weeks to come while Williams and Rivers are on the mend. Evans is expected to be "sprinkled in" to the backfield rotation Sunday, per Schefter, but the 22-year-old appears unlikely to get more than a handful of touches.

So, are people still holding Evans over Henderson after this news?

I traded in Evans for Freeman, Henderson wasn't available.

If possible go an entirely different direction

I would if I could. But I have to believe someone in the LAR backfield is gonna be a viable RB down the stretch. Just trying to read the tea leaves as to who it’ll be.

I would if I could. But I have to believe someone in the LAR backfield is gonna be a viable RB down the stretch. Just trying to read the tea leaves as to who it’ll be.
I was referring to today

Henderson still sitting there for free this morning. Once my league mates wake up, one of them will probably add him around 11-12. I just don't know if it's worth it.

Henderson still sitting there for free this morning. Once my league mates wake up, one of them will probably add him around 11-12. I just don't know if it's worth it.
In my 10 teamer, both Hendo and Freeman are still sitting there. I picked up Evans thus week; may drop him, but for whom...?

In my 10 teamer, both Hendo and Freeman are still sitting there. I picked up Evans thus week; may drop him, but for whom...?
Guy who picked up Evans this week woke up and dropped him for Hendo.

Reactions: GPS
Henderson picked up last night, but Freeman sitting there.

I have Kyren and just don't feel the urge. I also think Gaskin enters the mix next week creating an even bigger headache.

That's exactly what I just did. I'm fairly desperate at RB, but I don't know if I have the cahones to start Hendo. Likely going with Warren who at least has a consistent floor it seems.

I was referring to today
Oh, different story. Unless you're very desperate, there's no way I'm starting any LAR RB. Personally, I'm thin at RB and not even "top heavy", so I'm looking for who I can grab for free today (or hold onto Evans) ahead of today's game to see which dart throw might hit.

I have Kyren and just don't feel the urge. I also think Gaskin enters the mix next week creating an even bigger headache.
I have Kyren and just moved him to IR and added Hendo. I’m not starting him or expecting much, just looking to see what happens. Plus I didn’t burn WW priority adding Evans

I am starting Henderson because of bye week issues and Roshan Johnson being on injured reserve.
My only other options are Jeff Wilson Jr or Tyler Allgier.

I have Kyren and just moved him to IR and added Hendo. I’m not starting him or expecting much, just looking to see what happens. Plus I didn’t burn WW priority adding Evans
Wish I had IR. Nope.

Just see a mess this week. Then next week, the matchup is @DAL. Not good. Would play nobody next week. The following week against GB would be a decent matchup and maybe one guy emerges, maybe not. Then it's the bye week.

May just ignore this and hope nobody emerges so Kyren can walk right in after the bye.

Kind of funny.

I just picked up Henderson in 3 of 3 leagues.
Here's to have him having 1-2 solid games so I can flip him for a bag of peanut MnMs. :football:

In a dream world I might get a WR2 for him, but it would take a big couple weeks out of Henderson.

Here's to have him having 1-2 solid games so I can flip him for a bag of peanut MnMs. :football:

In a dream world I might get a WR2 for him, but it would take a big couple weeks out of Henderson.
Isn’t Freeman the minute by minute choice as os 11:53 am?

Isn’t Freeman the minute by minute choice as os 11:53 am?
Yes, but I'd expect that to change a few times prior to kickoff.

Users who are viewing this thread